PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Last Undefeated?

UNHWildCats
September 10th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Which I-AA team will be the last undefeated this season?

JMU Duke Dog
September 10th, 2006, 05:09 PM
New Hampshire!

JALMOND
September 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Hampton. They have played their tough game already (Grambling) and they should win the other games against the HBC's. They have a strong team and should cruise through their conference. Others...

1. Cal Poly---too many games on the road against the Big Sky.
2. Furman---very shaky. N Carolina will give them trouble.
3. Harvard---has not played yet.
4. Portland State---Victories against Cal and Oregon would shake up the whole Division I football, not just I-AA.
5. New Hampshire---conference play in the A-10 tough.
6. Lafayette---possibly but they seem to lose one game they should have won (and fairly early in the year).
7. Sam Houston St---game at SMU will be tough and the Southland is no gimme.
8. Youngstown St---tough Gateway conference.

UNHWildCats
September 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Hampton. They have played their tough game already (Grambling) and they should win the other games against the HBC's. They have a strong team and should cruise through their conference. Others...

4. Portland State---Victories against Cal and Oregon would shake up the whole Division I football, not just I-AA.
6. Lafayette---possibly but they seem to lose one game they should have won (and fairly early in the year).

Not to mention they play Penn State next week

blackfordpu
September 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM

The SMU games does not bother me as much as the Texas game. The SMU game is winnable, the Texas game will just have to be survived.

ThreadStopper
September 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM

Cal Poly still has two games against 1-A opponets that will hinder them topping out on this question.

JALMOND
September 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Not to mention they play Penn State next week

Good catch. My schedule just says Penn. I was wondering how the Quakers got Youngstown to play them.

DFW HOYA
September 10th, 2006, 05:38 PM
San Diego.

skinny_uncle
September 10th, 2006, 05:58 PM
If the SIU Salukis can get by Indiana next weekend, they should be headed for 5-0 after 6 weeks of the season(they had their off week this week). That should get them in the running.

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM

I agree with your analysis. Let's hope the Selection committee does not overrate them based on going undefeated against a schedule that from here on our has only one possible ranked team left. That Grambling win is looking less impressive this week.

FlyYtown
September 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM
YSU has Penn State next week. Anyone who even votes for us is crazy.. We will lose that and 1 other, likely to the Redbirds of ILSU.

Go...gate
September 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I went for UNH, but Lafayette also has a hell of a chance. I think this could be the season of a lifetime for the kids in either of those programs.

Go...gate
September 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM
YSU has Penn State next week. Anyone who even votes for us is crazy.. We will lose that and 1 other, likely to the Redbirds of ILSU.

Funny thing is if ND had not absolutely kicked PSU's butt, YSU might have been able to sneak in and give them a good game. Now I believe that is unlikely.

R.A.
September 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Hampton

RadMann
September 10th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Even though I am impressed with the UNH team I doubt they will be undefeated in A-10 play. That is tough to do and if they do it they deserve to go to the title game for sure.

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I voted for Hampton based on remaining schedule. Everyone else has some 'heavy hitters' waiting for them and some have schedules where there is virtually no let up in competitive games. It's tough to be on your 'A' game every week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Maybe San Diego again. They have Yale this week and UC Davis at the end of the year, other than that nothing but cupcakes.

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Maybe San Diego again. They have Yale this week and UC Davis at the end of the year, other than that nothing but cupcakes.

I don't see them beating either Yale or UCD, without some weird turn of events. Of course, we never see any of that stuff around here....:rotateh: xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Hampton

YEAH.....BUT..DON'T OVERAH-LOOK..DUH HORNETS!

AppGuy04
September 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hampton should cruise

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Hampton should cruise

Del State gets Hampton at home this year. They won in 2004 on a rain soaked field that effected Curtis Mathes. Del State's New field is artificial turf and that should eliminate that issue. I think Del State has a better chance against Hampton than SCSU. Against another quick team I think DSU can come up with a win. A truly physical team such as SCSU, that has played some physical teams OOC will have an advantage. Check Out DSU vs. JMU 2005 or Hampton V. Richmond 2005.

AppGuy04
September 10th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Del State gets Hampton at home this year. They won in 2004 on a rain soaked field that effected Curtis Mathes. Del State's New field is artificial turf and that should eliminate that issue. I think Del State has a better chance against Hampton than SCSU. Against another quick team I think DSU can come up with a win. A truly physical team such as SCSU, that has played some physical teams OOC will have an advantage. Check Out DSU vs. JMU 2005 or Hampton V. Richmond 2005.

The 2 games you mention would be the only question marks. Hampton should not be beaten. The only way they lose is if they have a letdown, ala Montana St. They have superior talent to all other HBCU's and should win them all. Having said that, we need to keep in mind the name of this website.

blur2005
September 11th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Hampton only has the S.C. State game to worry about (well, Montana State, too, but the Bobcats have already shown themselves to be very inconsistent). So I voted for the Pirates.

September 11th, 2006, 12:50 AM
I don't see them beating either Yale... without some weird turn of events...Sat 9/17/2005 Yale at San Diego, San Diego 17-14

G.S.Green
September 11th, 2006, 04:34 AM
I believe Hampton will finish the season undefeated but don’t be surprised if South Carolina State can manage to overcome the shortcomings of their coach and bring HU to their knees. Let’s see how SCSU handles Coastal Carolina this month. CCU beat Wofford and Wofford beat SCSU. That game will be a good indicator of what SCSU may do at home against HU. Furthermore, don’t sleep on Delaware State. This could have been a good year to see what a Delaware/Delaware State match up might have been but we all know that such a game may never materialize.

HiHiYikas
September 11th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I'd say New Hampshire, though Furman has beaten Carolina before. It would be nice to see ASU hand the Paladins their first loss on 10/28. But we'd take the W even if it wasn't their first loss.

I have a feeling that Harvard has what it takes to stay undefeated at least until they play a game. Maybe even longer.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Lafayette?! :eek: Even I'll say.. "pff.. yeah right" to that...

Mr. C
September 11th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Even though I am impressed with the UNH team I doubt they will be undefeated in A-10 play. That is tough to do and if they do it they deserve to go to the title game for sure.
Teams don't deserve a place in the title game, they earn a place in the title game by winning three playoff games. This isn't the BCS. Even with the win over Northwestern, I don't see UNH going through its schedule without at least one slip-up in the A-10. The thing about conference games that make them tough is these teams know each other inside out. The Wildcats get a break in not having to play nemesis William & Mary this season, but they have a Sept. 30 trip to Delaware to start a tough 3-game stretch that includes home games with Richmond and James Madison. I'd be shocked if UNH goes through that stretch without a loss.

I saw Hampton play on Saturday night (TV game) and the Pirates could have more balance this year, though I don't see them as a top 10 team. They will get tested by South Carolina State and possibly Delaware State on the road. After last year's loss to Richmond in the first round of the playoffs, it will be interesting to see what the committee does, if the Pirates go 11-0 again.

Mr. C
September 11th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Sat 9/17/2005 Yale at San Diego, San Diego 17-14
I don't see the Yalies letting that happened again, especially in New Haven. The lone advantage that San Diego has is the fact the Torreros have two wins against sub-D-I teams under their belts (Do Torreros have belts?).

dbackjon
September 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM
CCSU

89Hen
September 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Hampton. They have played their tough game already (Grambling) and they should win the other games against the HBC's.
Hold on there J. If DelState beats NWSt this week, they will beat Hampton the following week. BTW, what kind of crazy OOC schedule does NWSt have this year? Three I-A's, one DII and DelSt. :confused:

89Hen
September 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I also think the winner of the Southern/AAMU game will be undefeated as I think the rest of the SWAC may have a tough year. Southern's only OOC game remaining is NC Central and AAMU has Stillman.

89Hen
September 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM
After last year's loss to Richmond in the first round of the playoffs, it will be interesting to see what the committee does, if the Pirates go 11-0 again.
You mean if they get a seed? I guess it will depend on the other highly ranked teams. I agree that it would be hard to give them a seed after last year.

JALMOND
September 11th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Hold on there J. If DelState beats NWSt this week, they will beat Hampton the following week. BTW, what kind of crazy OOC schedule does NWSt have this year? Three I-A's, one DII and DelSt. :confused:

Not as crazy as Portland State. Three I-A's (2 Pac-10) and the Big Sky conference. No cream puffs anywhere.

elkmcc
September 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Not as crazy as Portland State. Three I-A's (2 Pac-10) and the Big Sky conference. No cream puffs anywhere.

Well Northern Colorado might not be considered a cream puff but some (PSU) surely might be considering them a cake walk. I'm getting concerned about them vikes. Hopefully Cal is not overlooking PSU and bring them down to earth just a bit.

Hansel
September 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Hampton- cuz of their cupcake buffet of a schedule :)