PDA

View Full Version : Some Fisher (Field) Commentary

carney2
September 10th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Lafayette AD Bruce McCutcheon was interviewed at halftime last night on the Lafayette at Bucknell telecast. He as much as admitted that things will not be completed for next week's home opener vs. Penn. He expressed his hopes that folks will be "understanding" about some of the problems. As an example, he stated that not all of the toilets will be operational. Anyway, here are some questions that inquiring minds want to know:

The broadcasters referred to "Fisher Stadium" on a few occasions and even used the term "Fisher Field at Fisher Stadium" at least once. Has anyone heard anything about a name change?

I don't want to get into a "how big is yours?" match with Colgate, but what the hey. McCutcheon stated that the instant replay or whatever you call it screen on the scoreboard will be 19' X 35'. How does this compare to the new 'board at Colgate?

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Lafayette AD Bruce McCutcheon was interviewed at halftime last night on the Lafayette at Bucknell telecast. He as much as admitted that things will not be completed for next week's home opener vs. Penn. He expressed his hopes that folks will be "understanding" about some of the problems. As an example, he stated that not all of the toilets will be operational. Anyway, here are some questions that inquiring minds want to know:

The broadcasters referred to "Fisher Stadium" on a few occasions and even used the term "Fisher Field at Fisher Stadium" at least once. Has anyone heard anything about a name change?

I don't want to get into a "how big is yours?" match with Colgate, but what the hey. McCutcheon stated that the instant replay or whatever you call it screen on the scoreboard will be 19' X 35'. How does this compare to the new 'board at Colgate?

My understanding is that the staudium's name will be fisher field at "?" stadium. which is pretty common occorunce these days. Like for example I believe Texas calls their joint Darryl Royle field @memorial stadium. But the I do know for certain that Fisher Field will still be incorporiated into the name.

Pard4Life
September 10th, 2006, 11:18 AM
My understanding is that the staudium's name will be fisher field at "?" stadium. which is pretty common occorunce these days. Like for example I believe Texas calls their joint Darryl Royle field @memorial stadium. But the I do know for certain that Fisher Field will still be incorporiated into the name.

I'm still a fan of leaving it as "Fisher Field".. it has had that name for 80 years and everyone knows the name. But my guess, and logic would dictate, that it is going to be named Jack Bourger (sp?) Stadium at Fisher Field... but he already has the plaza named after him, so who knows.

Or how about Class of 2006 Stadium? Resurrected the program after all.. along with 2005...

carney2
September 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Personally I like Atkinson Field at Rothkopf Stadium. We'd be covering our arses just in case things go sour again at some point in the future.

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Personally I like Atkinson Field at Rothkopf Stadium. We'd be covering our arses just in case things go sour again at some point in the future.

:hurray: :D xlolx I love it. You can say you played 'on Atkinson'. Have some nice photos of the new digs from different views called ," The Many Faces of Eve";) Some may then call it "Art"..:D

Andy
September 10th, 2006, 01:25 PM
LOL, Carney.....per the website, it's Fisher Field at Fisher Stadium (forever followed by "no relation") and Bourger Varsity House.

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 01:31 PM
LOL, Carney.....per the website, it's Fisher Field at Fisher Stadium (forever followed by "no relation") and Bourger Varsity House.

"You want fries wit' dat?":D

Go...gate
September 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
In homage to your neighbors down the road and to really spice things up, perhaps it should be Leopard field at Engineer Stadium, ot maybe Fisher Field at Taylor Stadium....:smiley_wi :cool:

DFW HOYA
September 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
How about Multi-Sport Field at Fisher Stadium?

On second thought...

ngineer
September 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM

That way you could call a dropped pass or fumble a 'muff'...;) :D

carney2
September 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
That way you could call a dropped pass or fumble a 'muff'...;) :D

I started this thread with a G rating and note that it has deteriorated. I do recall however that Eve always had the best looking date in the house.

Pards Rule
September 11th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Why does everybody have to have something named after them if they give money? I have much more respect for someone who donates AND doesn't require something be named after them (or their parents or wife or same surname relative - which they know will be just referred to as "Surname" Stadium or whatever, not the whole Joe & Mary Surname Stadium so even if named after parents or whatever they still get "their" name immortalized!

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM
How about Multi-Sport Field at Fisher Stadium?

On second thought...

xlolx

LeopardFan04
September 12th, 2006, 12:19 AM
new pictures are up on goleopards.com...the scoreboard/ads/signing are in place awaiting a video screen which I guess will be installed Tuesday (?)...there's pictures of the progress on the press box as well...

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Got my tix yesterday! YES!

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2006, 08:36 AM

For Penn? Or Lehigh game?

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Penn but gotta order Lehigh this week. Can I request a section Pard? Which one you recommend now?

carney2
September 12th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Home tix only. No away games. Does anyone know how this is handled? I am, for instance, getting a little anxious about my tickets for next week's Princeton game.

Speaking of the Princeton game, is anyone going to the organized tailgate? How will I know you? At the very least, wear a big smile in anticipation of what we hope is a magical season.

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Carney when is Princeton? Christ they want like $35 for some PB&J sandwiches!

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2006, 10:52 AM

xlolx The food is actually quite good.. gourmet and fancy stuff... this is not Family Day or some cheap bbq on the Quad... I've been to this before.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Penn but gotta order Lehigh this week. Can I request a section Pard? Which one you recommend now?

I don't think you can officially request, but you could perhaps write-in on a sticky note really nicely where you would like to sit.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Man! Those new stadium pictures look great!

And if my eyes don't decieve me :rolleyes: , it looks like we have a finished product on the live webcam! (finished as in the stands completed).

We're almost there! Also looks like there are some nice plants going to be put in. If we can surround the field with trees like the conceptual drawing notes... damn, it will look good in October.

Like McC said on TV, we are going to have one of the best in I-AA!

carney2
September 12th, 2006, 12:29 PM

The @ Princeton game is next week - 9/23 - with a 6:00 start. I also thought that the tailgate is a little pricey - $30.00 with a BYO for adult beverages - but the menu is pretty good. Unfortunately, as Homer Simpson said when Marge bugged him about fertilizing the field for his new farm, "I'm only one man." In this case it means that I can only eat so much - and probably not $30.00 worth.

carney2
September 12th, 2006, 12:42 PM

Based on the locations printed on my tickets, the numbering system has been completely changed. I wouldn't know how to "make a request" without seeing the new system in operation. There are, for instance, no longer South or North stand designations. Also, the row numbers appear to be letters rather than numbers. I've been using my fingers and toes to determine how far up I will be, but am now hung up on the question as to whether they are using the letter "I" or not. (Many stadiums do not.)

I ordered my extra Lehigh tickets when I sent in my season ticket order. Someone is on the ball in the football ticket office because they sent me Lehigh tickets that are adjoining my season seats. A nice touch and one that, if I'd thought about it, I would not have expected.

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Carney, thats why I asked. When I got the tix with these weird letters and numbers I was like WTF is this?!?! I thought the stdium seating wouldn't be complete and I would be watching from some chair set up on the Pfenning porch and that was its numbering system! Yeah $30 is like a whole lotta money without booze! Maybe I can bum some of the Princeton folks :smiley_wi

ngineer
September 12th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Man! Those new stadium pictures look great!

And if my eyes don't decieve me :rolleyes: , it looks like we have a finished product on the live webcam! (finished as in the stands completed).

We're almost there! Also looks like there are some nice plants going to be put in. If we can surround the field with trees like the conceptual drawing notes... damn, it will look good in October.

Like McC said on TV, we are going to have one of the best in I-AA!

Probably the 'Atkinson Bush'.....just above the west endzone...;)

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Probably the 'Atkinson Bush'.....just above the west endzone...;)

Ah, yes, know it well. I think I have some at my home.

carney2
September 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
It appears that the old scoreboard - or a darn good replica thereof - is being mounted under the new "Jumbotron." Does anyone know anything about this?

Pards Rule
September 12th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Carney, I just looked at the construction photos on the LC website and saw that too. I guess a bow to the Class of 60 and tradition. Its interesting but I posted earlier that I saw the "Class of 60" part of that sign saved in a section of the parking deck. WOW! What a transformation of Fisher Field looking at the pictures. It is well worth the $25 million cost. Excellent job. It even looks like they can get some landscaping in. But hurry on that press box and the lavs! I can't hold it for 4 quarters like I used to (no way was I gonna even piss in those horse troughs).

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Based on the locations printed on my tickets, the numbering system has been completely changed. I wouldn't know how to "make a request" without seeing the new system in operation. There are, for instance, no longer South or North stand designations. Also, the row numbers appear to be letters rather than numbers. I've been using my fingers and toes to determine how far up I will be, but am now hung up on the question as to whether they are using the letter "I" or not. (Many stadiums do not.)

I ordered my extra Lehigh tickets when I sent in my season ticket order. Someone is on the ball in the football ticket office because they sent me Lehigh tickets that are adjoining my season seats. A nice touch and one that, if I'd thought about it, I would not have expected.

Yeah, I noticed the numbering system when they described one of the photos. The middle section is 5-6, where teh chairbacks are located. I remember counting and it goes 1 starting from the east to 9 ending in the west. I don't know the visitor stand numbering... but who cares! That's Lehigh's problem...

Also, the middle section is approximately 25 rows of bleachers, 25 rows (12?) of charibacks. So, there are abotu 50 rows. Don't know how they will letter it.. unless it is A-Z, AA, AB, etc...

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Carney, thats why I asked. When I got the tix with these weird letters and numbers I was like WTF is this?!?! I thought the stdium seating wouldn't be complete and I would be watching from some chair set up on the Pfenning porch and that was its numbering system! Yeah $30 is like a whole lotta money without booze! Maybe I can bum some of the Princeton folks :smiley_wi

Nah, it is actually our tailgate so bumming is done of ourselves. It is very good food though.

ngineer
September 12th, 2006, 09:19 PM

Confusing statement. Do you mean that if you buy season tickets you do not get your seats for the Lehigh game?! We are guaranteed our seats for the Lafayette game as a season ticket holder. PLus, the season ticket holders get priority seating at your place when it comes to distributing the available tickets. I would think keeping your seats for the big finale would be a big selling point in getting people to buy season tickets...:confused:

LeopardFan04
September 12th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Confusing statement. Do you mean that if you buy season tickets you do not get your seats for the Lehigh game?! We are guaranteed our seats for the Lafayette game as a season ticket holder. PLus, the season ticket holders get priority seating at your place when it comes to distributing the available tickets. I would think keeping your seats for the big finale would be a big selling point in getting people to buy season tickets...:confused:

I think Carney means that he ordered additional tickets for the Lehigh game to those he got for every game, and they gave him the extra seats next to the ones he got as season tickets without him having to specify that...

As for Fisher @ Fisher...there's another new set of pictures up tonight...video board looks great...and I love the grass/landscaping that is being done around the field...really beautifies and brings the whole area together...:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

ngineer
September 12th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I think Carney means that he ordered additional tickets for the Lehigh game to those he got for every game, and they gave him the extra seats next to the ones he got as season tickets without him having to specify that...

As for Fisher @ Fisher...there's another new set of pictures up tonight...video board looks great...and I love the grass/landscaping that is being done around the field...really beautifies and brings the whole area together...:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Ok--I gotcha and agree that is a ticket manager taking care of a season holder, as he should.:nod:

Andy
September 12th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I noticed the numbering system when they described one of the photos. The middle section is 5-6, where teh chairbacks are located. I remember counting and it goes 1 starting from the east to 9 ending in the west. I don't know the visitor stand numbering... but who cares! That's Lehigh's problem...

Also, the middle section is approximately 25 rows of bleachers, 25 rows (12?) of charibacks. So, there are abotu 50 rows. Don't know how they will letter it.. unless it is A-Z, AA, AB, etc...

That's helpful, P4L. My season and adjoining extra Lehigh tickets are in section 7 with a double letter row. Of course, that's only pertinent for the Lehigh game, with the place usually less than half full, I sit wherever and usually move at least once.

Regarding the scoreboard, a Voy board post indicates that a larger scoreboard is on order. As great as the place looks in the photos, I have to believe in person it's gonna be a knockout.

Pards Rule
September 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Andy, you saying this is only a temporary board?

carney2
September 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Ok--I gotcha and agree that is a ticket manager taking care of a season holder, as he should.:nod:

Yep. What he said.

DC 'gater
September 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM
McCutcheon stated that the instant replay or whatever you call it screen on the scoreboard will be 19' X 35'. How does this compare to the new 'board at Colgate?

Our's is 12 x 21. We needed more room for our vast array of corporate sponsors to display their ads.:rolleyes:

The new digs look great. You guys needed it and earned it.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM
That's helpful, P4L. My season and adjoining extra Lehigh tickets are in section 7 with a double letter row. Of course, that's only pertinent for the Lehigh game, with the place usually less than half full, I sit wherever and usually move at least once.

Regarding the scoreboard, a Voy board post indicates that a larger scoreboard is on order. As great as the place looks in the photos, I have to believe in person it's gonna be a knockout.

Sounds like you are in the section adjacent to the chairbacks and in the upperhalf. Those should be pretty good seats, I assume it is where the old defensive coaches' box was.

I surely hope a larger scoreboard is in order. One can barely read it as a closeup picture online!

LeopardFan04
September 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Viewing the webcam right now...the Leopards are practicing on the field with the lights on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

ngineer
September 13th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Hey, then move the Penn game back to 7 p.m. again. That way I can see a doubleheader on Saturday! Will the 'pards be playing anyone under the lights this year?

LeopardFan04
September 13th, 2006, 08:15 PM
It doesn't appear that way...I think at one point the Homecoming game on 10/21 vs. HC was supposed to start at 3(?) but as of now they're all afternoon starts...

carney2
September 13th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Hey, then move the Penn game back to 7 p.m. again. That way I can see a doubleheader on Saturday! Will the 'pards be playing anyone under the lights this year?

No night games this year. Beginning in 2007, most games thru mid-October will be under the lights.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Viewing the webcam right now...the Leopards are practicing on the field with the lights on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

:nod: I was actually at Lafayette last evening and got to experience the field with the lights on! I've got some exclusive P4L pics I will try to post tonight.

The field looks really well lit as one would imagine... however, it was bordering on the dark side close to the upper portion of the stands. Tavani was on the field barking to the troops to leave before they shut the lights off.

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Cool...how close to "done" do you think it will be? Just over 49 hours to go...

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Cool...how close to "done" do you think it will be? Just over 49 hours to go...

Um.. they were working up until 9pm last night. The press box at this point is the primary issue... the cement walkways are poured and the press box has nice exterior tile scheme... a light-beige (sandstone?).. but some of the tiles are not in place.. the middle window seems missing.. back of the press box still has a lot of work it looks like.

Everything else looks done... field goal nets are up, play-clocks are up, fences are up, bushes are planted, markings are down, lights are operational, stands are done, jumbotron looks done, visitors stands done, track looks done.. if it is just a black surface..

Under the stadium, just the cinder block outer-structures are in place... look like concession stands/gift shops... doubt toilets are ready to roll..

Overall, excluding the Varsity house, the project is about 90-95 percent percent finished. It seems like it's just the amenities and press box at this point.

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the report...hopefully the press box will be operational, if not close to completely done by Saturday...definitely looks awesome from the pictures...can't wait to see it!

ngineer
September 14th, 2006, 12:18 PM
:nod: I was actually at Lafayette last evening and got to experience the field with the lights on! I've got some exclusive P4L pics I will try to post tonight.

The field looks really well lit as one would imagine... however, it was bordering on the dark side close to the upper portion of the stands. Tavani was on the field barking to the troops to leave before they shut the lights off.

Reminds me of some girls back in school who looked really well when I was lit...;)

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I forgot to mention.. the part of the new field I am most impressed with is...

..the shrubbery!!

http://www.dkgarden.com/cd/-60-Trees_and_Shrubbery/-10-Sunrise_Euonymus.jpg
http://www.greennurseries.com/landscape/slideshow/images/the-old-shrubbery-border.jpg

..and our President giving an award to the Fisher Field shrubbery since he has nothing else to do down there...
http://www.voccoquan.com/images/shrubbery.jpg

LeopardFan04
September 14th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I noticed the shrubbery in some of the pictures posted on the athletics site...really looks like it'll tie the whole area together...finish it off so to speak...

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah!! So I was correct! Guaranteed - Fisher Field to be done by 9/15/06! I will see it tomorrow! I will be sitting as close to the press box as I can get :) Are LC coaches supposed to take their usual side of the box toward Pfenning Center?

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah!! So I was correct! Guaranteed - Fisher Field to be done by 9/15/06! I will see it tomorrow! I will be sitting as close to the press box as I can get :) Are LC coaches supposed to take their usual side of the box toward Pfenning Center?

Well you were right PR, the field is completed, but the Stadium still has some odds and ends needing completion. Don't know about the press box setup though. Actually, if you want to be the closest as possible, you are going to have to stand... the area directly below the box looks like wheel-chair access or standing room. Got to say.. we are probably the most handicapped-access I-AA stadiums in the nation... aside from the flat stadiums..

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM
OMG! I was patently confused by the Fisher Stadium at Fisher Field (I was like "huh"?) until I read that one of the three major contributors is a guy named Fisher from Class of 1977. How convenient! Well, suffice it to say that it will be known as "Fisher Field" as no one is going to look like an idiot and say "Fisher Stadium at Fisher Field" Consider ourselves lucky he shares the name with the original benefactor of the 1926 build of the stadium (thats right its 80 years old!). The fieldhouse will be named after the other contributor (Boughner) and the Kirby family - well, hell, they got everything else named after them on campus. Thanks to the three contributors! Without looking at the media guides, who won & who lost in that very first game at Fisher Field in 1926?

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
OMG! I was patently confused by the Fisher Stadium at Fisher Field (I was like "huh"?) until I read that one of the three major contributors is a guy named Fisher from Class of 1977. How convenient! Well, suffice it to say that it will be known as "Fisher Field" as no one is going to look like an idiot and say "Fisher Stadium at Fisher Field" Consider ourselves lucky he shares the name with the original benefactor of the 1926 build of the stadium (thats right its 80 years old!). The fieldhouse will be named after the other contributor (Boughner) and the Kirby family - well, hell, they got everything else named after them on campus. Thanks to the three contributors! Without looking at the media guides, who won & who lost in that very first game at Fisher Field in 1926?

Darn... I sometimes know this off the top of my head... I will guess we beat Penn though.. we definetely won the game because we were national champions in 1926.

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM
At least the field will be watered by gametime :)

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Actually Muhlenberg!

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Actually Muhlenberg!

Makes sense... we played a hodge-podge of teams back in the day.

carney2
September 15th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Based on the pictures I've seen of the press box, plus my own personal inspection about 10 days ago, I'd say that you will need to be somewhere on the upper deck of the Markle Hall parking garage. Bring your own lawn chairs because I think that the coaches will have to supply their own amenities - and electricity. This thing is as close to "done" as the war in Iraq.

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Based on the pictures I've seen of the press box, plus my own personal inspection about 10 days ago, I'd say that you will need to be somewhere on the upper deck of the Markle Hall parking garage. Bring your own lawn chairs because I think that the coaches will have to supply their own amenities - and electricity. This thing is as close to "done" as the war in Iraq.

You can't see anything on the upper deck though..

Pards Rule
September 15th, 2006, 09:40 AM
What are they gonna have lawn chairs & flashlights in the box?

LeopardFan04
September 15th, 2006, 11:36 AM
One more day...can't wait...by the way, love the new Heisman campaign P4L!

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM
One more day...can't wait...by the way, love the new Heisman campaign P4L!

xlolx I didn't start it, but I heard about it through Lafayette... just furthering the cause... :)