PDA

View Full Version : The I-AA Mixing Bowl!

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 02:14 AM
The blades keep turning...some of the cream rises.

Helped themselves.....
Hampton - Takes care of business after emotional win over Grambling.
UMass - Just that close at Navy.
UNH - Cream? You bet!
YSU - Confirm their status.
EKU - Recovers to win the big one.
Lafayette - Bucknell or not, it's confirming.

Hurt themselves.....

Texas State - Show nothing against a weak I-A.
Grambling - ICON can't finish again...no rings this year?

OH MY GOD!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: .....

Montana State - Already the yo-yo of the year.
UNI - Not at home, please!
Georgia Southern - Erk had to turn over!

blur2005
September 10th, 2006, 03:10 AM
The blades keep turning...some of the cream rises.

Helped themselves.....
Hampton - Takes care of business after emotional win over Grambling.
UMass - Just that close at Navy.
UNH - Cream? You bet!
YSU - Confirm their status.
EKU - Recovers to win the big one.
Lafayette - Bucknell or not, it's confirming.

Hurt themselves.....

Texas State - Show nothing against a weak I-A.
Grambling - ICON can't finish again...no rings this year?

Montana State - Already the yo-yo of the year.
Georgia Southern - Erk had to turn over!
I'd say App State helped themselves.

Also, I know it cannot have been intentionally ugly, but isn't it a bit soon to say Erk Russell is turning over in his grave?

RadMann
September 10th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Please, let's not make any more comments regarding the GSU game and the recent passing of their former coach. It is too recent.....

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I'd say App State helped themselves.

Also, I know it cannot have been intentionally ugly, but isn't it a bit soon to say Erk Russell is turning over in his grave?

You're probably right about Erk. Apologies if that offends.

I don't think the ASU/JMU outcome changes the impression of either team very much. Pretty much what was expected, and just confirmed offensive issues of both teams. I think the jury's still out on both teams.

G.S.Green
September 10th, 2006, 07:05 AM
SCSU loses to Wofford after playing a good 1st half and a very sloppy 2nd. Wofford losses to CCU is a fairly decent game. Now picture this, SCSU and CCU meet at the end of the month. Imagine the intrigue during the playoff selection process if SCSU beats CCU, loses to Hampton, and all three schools (SCSU, Wofford, and CCU) have a fairly good year. A-10 playoff spots could be in jeopardy. :rolleyes:

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2006, 08:08 AM
SCSU loses to Wofford after playing a good 1st half and a very sloppy 2nd. Wofford losses to CCU is a fairly decent game. Now picture this, SCSU and CCU meet at the end of the month. Imagine the intrigue during the playoff selection process if SCSU beats CCU, loses to Hampton, and all three schools (SCSU, Wofford, and CCU) have a fairly good year. A-10 playoff spots could be in jeopardy. :rolleyes:

Don't you mean Patriot League playoff spots? xlolx

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 08:25 AM

Possible, but CCU and SC State need more than fairly good years to get in.

igo4uni
September 10th, 2006, 08:27 AM

Yes, at home in the UNI-Dome. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Gotta hand it to North Dakota. Played solid and beat UNI in the UNI-Dome. They also brought more fans than I have ever seen from an opposing school in the UNI-Dome. Very impressive.

igo4uni
September 10th, 2006, 08:31 AM
P.S.

North Dakota fans were fantastic. Very classy and enthusiastic in supporting their team. Talked to a few while waiting to pee at halftime. They were giving me a hard time about not being able to buy beer in the fabulous UNI-Dome. Evidently, beer is available at D-II games?? Or maybe they were just messin' with me. Anyway, the point remains: UND fans were a treat to have in the Dome. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

BisBison
September 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
P.S.

North Dakota fans were fantastic. Very classy and enthusiastic in supporting their team. Talked to a few while waiting to pee at halftime. They were giving me a hard time about not being able to buy beer in the fabulous UNI-Dome. Evidently, beer is available at D-II games?? Or maybe they were just messin' with me. Anyway, the point remains: UND fans were a treat to have in the Dome. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yes beer is available at their place. It's a city owned facility, not on campus. As for them being classy, either a whole different contingent of them travels out of state than what I'm used to seeing or they weren't drunk enough to be their usual a--hole selves we usually see.

rcny46
September 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Yes beer is available at their place. It's a city owned facility, not on campus. As for them being classy, either a whole different contingent of them travels out of state than what I'm used to seeing or they weren't drunk enough to be their usual a--hole selves we usually see.

Wow.There really seems to be more than the usual "bad blood" between NDSU and UND followers.I met a few of their hockey fans at a game at UNH last October,and they were very pleasant.

Pard4Life
September 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Eh, my jury is still out on the Pards. They had an excellent performance in many facets of the game. However, BU is very young, inexperienced, and lacked the size, strength, and speed. Plus we had many idiotic penalties that negated 14 potential points and we eased up on the throttle in the second half.. only a field goal. Penn next week will be a true test of our mettle.

Tribe4SF
September 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Eh, my jury is still out on the Pards. They had an excellent performance in many facets of the game. However, BU is very young, inexperienced, and lacked the size, strength, and speed. Plus we had many idiotic penalties that negated 14 potential points and we eased up on the throttle in the second half.. only a field goal. Penn next week will be a true test of our mettle.

I'll be watching that game closely. I don't think Penn is as good as they've been in the past, but a test none the less. Moved the Pards back into my top 25 at #25.

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM

Bad blood between rival fans? :eek: :eek: Never! :rotateh: xcoffeex