September 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Yes indeed, way to go Colonels.

dbackjon
September 9th, 2006, 08:58 PM
And EIU is handling Ind St well.

skinny_uncle
September 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
And EIU is handling Ind St well.
No surprise there. Everybody is handling Indy State lately. I don't think they have won a game since 2004.

Maroons
September 10th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Yes, I love a victory over the Toppers any way it comes. But getting an OOC win is just icing on the cake.... well, now we need some more OOC wins if we're going to make this thing work!

Golden Eagle, I thought you guys were going to get Gardner Webb...

...and Cocky, it made me sick to my stomach to see Furman get you again after leading most of the game.

Golden Eagle
September 10th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Golden Eagle, I thought you guys were going to get Gardner Webb...

I did too. Before the season started. Apparently we're not a very good football team. Gardner-Webb isn't a bad team. But we had the lead in the 4th and frittered it away, something Tech fans aren't too unfamiliar with.

EKU05
September 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
No surprise there. Everybody is handling Indy State lately. I don't think they have won a game since 2004.

The played a solid game at Purdue and then didn't get embarrassed by a really good EIU team. I think Indiana State is a much improved team this year.

birdsflyhigh
September 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
EKU05, agree with you that IN St. is much improved this year, but they have lost 19 games in a row and are DEFINITELY nowhere near even being competitive in the Gateway. So EIU (one of the top 2 in the OVC) beating the perrenial GFC cellar dweller Sycs is something that SHOULD happen.

The other game (EKU's win over WKU) is a rivalry game and those are usually crazy anyway. So it's a home game for a ranked OVC opponent versus a team that will be fighting (with WIU) to finish 5th in the Gateway.

Think EIU will give the Birds their best shot this weekend, and I'm looking forward to the game with ISU's oldest rival. :nod: