PDA

View Full Version : I-AA World Goes Upside Down

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I-AA is a mess...

Chadron St over Montana St?
UNI falls to UND?
Trinity International (who?!?) over Valpo?
UNH over Northwestern using the Road Ralph magic?

Any more I-AA wins of I-A on tap? We'll see...

You never know what to expect ANY GIVEN SATURDAY!

TheBisonator
September 9th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe there's finally a little parity??

downbythebeach
September 9th, 2006, 07:25 PM
central conn is beating georgia southern 10-0 as well in 2nd

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Maybe there's finally a little parity??

I-AA has become the Southland Conference? xlolx

G.S.Green
September 10th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Can you say parity? The only difference between I-A and I-AA is speed and depth. If you slow the game down to reduce the total number of plays, anything is possible. Look at Air Force and Tennessee. Everyone in Voluteers nation was biting their nails hoping to get more shots when they had the ball and to run the clock at light speed when they didn't.

carney2
September 10th, 2006, 09:48 AM
More than a little messy. Am having trouble with my Top 25. After the Montana State, UNI and Georgia Southern meltdowns, the DNPs (Did Not Play) are looking pretty good.

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2006, 10:01 AM
It has just been brought to my attention by the folks at TxSt-San Marcos, that the SLC does not have any Div I wins at this point...

Granted most of this can be attributed to playing mostly I-AA and Div II foes, but that's still not ideal two weeks in. We have some more friendly games this coming week with DelSt at NWSt, Jacksonville at SELA and NoCo at TxSt...

Jackluv
September 10th, 2006, 12:03 PM
i had heard about the MSU upset (which makes it crazy cuz they just beat COLORADO!!) but i had heard nothing of UNI losing....wow

i heard CU scheduled Chadron St. for next year ha

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Can you say parity? The only difference between I-A and I-AA is speed and depth. If you slow the game down to reduce the total number of plays, anything is possible. Look at Air Force and Tennessee. Everyone in Voluteers nation was biting their nails hoping to get more shots when they had the ball and to run the clock at light speed when they didn't.

I really don't think that the clock rule had anything to do with Montana State giving up 14 points in both the first and second quarter, or GSU's train wreck of an offense.

swaghook
September 10th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I really don't think that the clock rule had anything to do with Montana State giving up 14 points in both the first and second quarter, or GSU's train wreck of an offense.I don't think the clock rule changed the outcome in any games. As a fan it sucks as the games just go by too fast now.

jstate83
September 10th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Delta State............17
SFA......................14

I told ya'll they were good. :nod:

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I think we need this post once more this week...

The NEC goes 6-2 on the week OOC...

Prairie View A&M knocks off Southern...

Texas St-San Marcos ends their home reign with a loss at home against Northern Colorado who snaps their road streak...

Southern Illinois picks up a I-A win over Indiana..

SLC continues to struggle with bright spots being Northwestern St win over Delaware St and future member, UCA getting a win against Missouri St...

Chuck South almost fell to Wingate...

rcny46
September 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM
EWU drops one to D-2 Central Washington,21-14.Central is 2-1,and lost to North Dakota 28-14 in their season opener.

lucchesicourt
September 17th, 2006, 06:29 AM
People really think UCD beating MSU is an upset!!! Geesh, when will some respect come to this program? Maybe the Buffaloes are really a very bad 1A team, and that is why they lost. Afterall, MSU also lost to D2 Chadron.
I believe it will be an upset if MSU beats anyone else, based on the last two games they played. They may have talent, but, .........

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2006, 01:02 PM
The last few weeks have given us...

Southern's loss to North Carolina Central in a game where the NCC locker room was burglarized due to a lack of Southern security...

Missouri Rolla rolled up Morehead St...good for their second consecutive loss to a sub-Div I foe...

Prairie View A&M being smacked around by Langston before weather delayed that...no one is sure the game will be made up...

SFA falling to transitional I-AA Central Arkansas at what was though to be a tough Homer Bryce Stadium...

Games today where a sub Div I win over a I-AA are possible...

Ft Valley St vs Howard (Ft Valley St currently leads 13-3 as of this post in the second quarter)

Miles vs Savannah St...Miles does have a loss to Samford, but has been competitive in the SIAC thus far and is ranked in the Div II top 40...

Tuskegee vs Ark-Pine Bluff...we know what Comegy did to the SWAC last year, he's gone but Tuskegee will be tough for Pine Bluff...