PDA

View Full Version : CCU/wofford

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM
14-7 woff in the first quarter.

We are playing horrid. This could be a long season unless we pull our heads out of our "backside" really fast.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Yey we fumbled the ball on the kickoff.

Time to make dinner, we're screwed.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm we picked them off....maybe we have a chance or we are just delaying the inevitable?

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:39 PM
17-7 45 yard FG woff. hit the crossbar twice

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:45 PM
17-14 CCU 80 yard TD pass

12:50 in the half

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
17-14 CCU 80 yard TD pass

Damn, that was quick!

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
yea, noone is playing defense.

woff 2nd and 8 on our 9

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:56 PM
3rd and 6 from our 8.

timeout woff
5:51 in the half left

We get the ball to start the 2nd half

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
they fumbled, but called it down

1st and goal

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:00 PM
2nd and goal

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
24-14

our o line is getting taken to school.

I'm out

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Interesting. Is Wofford just pounding it out on the ground? O-line was a question for them this season.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM
sideline reporter said it was a fumble that was not called on woff.

they are just running it and our dumbass coach is just running sometimes and doing well and then he goes away from what is working and passes and screens playaction junk.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:07 PM
2:45 left in the half.

woff ball 2nd 8 on the 17.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:12 PM
HALFTIME

24-14 woff.

They had 2 touchdown drives of 15 yards each. We are killing ourselves!!

We get the ball to start the 2nd half.

MarkCCU
September 9th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Goddamn COME ON CCU! I know its a SoCon team but we can do this...you are right, we better pull our heads outta our asses, wipe the **** from our eyes and get down to brass tacks

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:43 PM
24-21 woff.

11 and change left in the 3rd.

43 yard pass for ccu was the big play on the drive.

5 yard TD run

FUwolfpacker
September 9th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Man...there are a ton of good games tonight.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM
27-24 CCU

bad snap on pat, didnt get it.

ran it down their throat all the way

FUwolfpacker
September 9th, 2006, 08:00 PM
The link to the live audio isn't work on the CCU site. Can I find audio any place else?

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:07 PM
34-24 CCU

our qb 2 huge runs

under a minute in the 3rd

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:08 PM
http://www.teammyrtlebeach.com/home.php click listen live

or try

http://www.talk103.com/listenlive.html

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
419 yard for us with the 4th quarter to go

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:10 PM
start of 4th quarter

CCU 34
woff 24

woff 3nd and 7 on their own 31

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:12 PM
CCU should win this as Wofford's offense isn't really built for a comeback, especially with the new clock rules this season.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
34-31 CCU 12:58 left

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
CCU should win this as Wofford's offense isn't really built for a comeback, especially with the new clock rules this season.

Our d is letting us down. Our offense is clicking on all cylinders but the D is : smh :

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
34-28 CCU 12:58 left

2 safeties by Wofford? What's the score really?

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 08:17 PM
How do you go from 34-24 to 34-28? Do you mean 34-27? (not trying to be a jerk, just want to be sure).

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 08:18 PM
34-31 CCU 12:58 left

OK, question answered. Thanks!

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM
we tried a fake on our own 30 and our rb whispered something to the center and ghee woff knew it was coming. ugh

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:22 PM
1st and goal woff 10:00 left

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:23 PM
option keeper td woff

38-34 woff

thirdgendin
September 9th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Looks like I was way off with the Wofford O. Does that make it 38-34 Wofford? How much time left? GREAT game!

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:26 PM
yes 38-34 9:00 left.

not a great game we are playing horrible

FUwolfpacker
September 9th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Come on...I need updates. I can't get the stupid audio to work :(

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
45 yard TD pass to simpson 41-38 CCU

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
2 minutes and change left

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:40 PM
2:39 left

woff starts at their own 35

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:41 PM
CCU picks it off!

2:15 left CCU ball and the lead

matfu
September 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
update on the ga southern game?

FUwolfpacker
September 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
17-13 CCSU. CCSU got down inside GSU's 5 and got nothing. GSU with the ball with 7+ mins. left.

I think there's a thread about that game though...check the forum.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
1:43 left.

11 yard run CCU

chantman
September 9th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Way to go Coastal...:thumbsup:

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:45 PM
1:36 left woff used last time out

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:47 PM
woff fakes an injury to stop the clock

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Oh God we are doing a "super safety" like we screwed up last year against chuck south.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:50 PM
phew we punted it

woff was offsides :hurray:

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 08:51 PM
PHEW...WE WIN

CCU 41
woff 38

Tealblood
September 9th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Coastal wins

matfu
September 9th, 2006, 08:52 PM
i can't seem to get updates any where about the ga southern game..oh well!

matfu
September 9th, 2006, 08:53 PM
good win for ccu after the debacle last week.

FUwolfpacker
September 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Congrats to Coastal on the nice win. I wish I had been watching that game. It sounds like it was awesome.

asu70
September 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Congrats to CCU on a great win over Wofford. This must have been a great spectators game with all of the offense and scoring.

MarkCCU
September 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
holy crap! We won!

MarkCCU
September 9th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Now, I'd like to see the GSU boys talk some more ****. Wofford isn't a patsy school and we survived. Coastal buckled down and did what needed to be done. We had our mistakes in the game it seems but we put a 1 in the Win colum.

Coastal89
September 9th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Here are the stats.

COASTAL WOF

FIRST DOWNS................... 20 20
Rushing..................... 11 17
Passing..................... 9 3
Penalty..................... 0 0
NET YARDS RUSHING............. 222 335
Rushing Attempts............ 37 54
Average Per Rush............ 6.0 6.2
Yards Gained Rushing........ 238 358
Yards Lost Rushing.......... 16 23
NET YARDS PASSING............. 288 49
Completions-Attempts-Int.... 13-20-0 5-10-2
Average Per Attempt......... 14.4 4.9
Average Per Completion...... 22.2 9.8
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 510 384
Total offense plays......... 57 64
http://www.goccusports.com/football/2006stats/game-02.htm

dungeonjoe
September 9th, 2006, 10:20 PM
woff fakes an injury to stop the clock

I'll take the loss but this accustation is way out of bounds-- being there even I could see the injury to Tavani.
You won don't be a poor sport about it.

bodoyle
September 9th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I'll take the loss but this accustation is way out of bounds-- being there even I could see the injury to Tavani.
You won don't be a poor sport about it.

I said what the announced said.

"and here is a surprise, as the clock starts to wind down there is an injury"

dungeonjoe
September 9th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I said what the announced said.

"and here is a surprise, as the clock starts to wind down there is an injury"

might I ask which announcing crew?

kardplayer
September 9th, 2006, 10:46 PM
It was the CCU crew - they made the accusation, although it was close to (if not actually) tongue in cheek.

They did say they didn't really believe it, but they also called him "a coaches son" implying that he would have the extra level of intelligence needed to fake such a thing.

Not the classiest thing I've heard on radio, but not worthy of bulletin board either based on the tone (as an impartial observer)

dungeonjoe
September 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM
It was the CCU crew - they made the accusation, although it was close to (if not actually) tongue in cheek.

They did say they didn't really believe it, but they also called him "a coaches son" implying that he would have the extra level of intelligence needed to fake such a thing.

Not the classiest thing I've heard on radio, but not worthy of bulletin board either based on the tone (as an impartial observer)

thanks Kard.

Most of the coastal folks I know on here are classy. I am sure many of them do not share the supposed remarks uttered by the radio crew. I may not know much about football, but I do know that arrogance and smack rermarks will come back to haunt. I have seen it too many times...

CCUCheer
September 10th, 2006, 03:07 AM
It is 4am and we just got back from Wofford. WHAT A GAME!!! :nod: It was pretty exciting the whole time. Glad Coastal got it together and got the win. I'm nervous about next week but I have high hopes.:o Good Game Terriers, thanks for being hospitable. Great JOB CHANTS!!! :hurray: XoXo
<3 Katie

G.S.Green
September 10th, 2006, 09:29 AM
SCSU looses to Wofford after playing a good 1st half and a very sloppy 2nd. Wofford losses to CCU is a fairly decent game. Now picture this, SCSU and CCU meet at the end of the month. Imagine the intrigue during the playoff selection process if SCSU beats CCU, loses to Hampton, and all three schools (SCSU, Wofford, and CCU) have a fairly good year. A-10 playoff spots could be in jeopardy.

bodoyle
September 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
thanks Kard.

Most of the coastal folks I know on here are classy. I am sure many of them do not share the supposed remarks uttered by the radio crew. I may not know much about football, but I do know that arrogance and smack rermarks will come back to haunt. I have seen it too many times...

So...the player is out next week then?

OL FU
September 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM

:eyebrow:

dungeonjoe
September 10th, 2006, 12:52 PM

hard to say.. Wofford was using a wide receiver who played cornerback in high school last night because we are so thin at that position. If the injury is extensive yes he will be out-- if he had cramps from a hot night on the field I would guess he would be back next week.

Whether he is able to come back or not, to me is beside the point. I think it is the height of unsportmanship and a lack of class for a member of a broadcast crew to make such a remark. If it was so blatant, why didn't the officating crew call a penalty?

With comments like that, I now see why so many have little use for some of the the coastal fans.

CoastalFan2005
September 10th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Well, I think it's extremely out of line for a member of our broadcast crew to make such an accusation. They're on a higher level than fans, and while they do have leeway to be a little biased, claiming a player on either side is faking an injury is out of line, and I hope that whoever said that is punished in some way for their misstep. Being that I was in the away stands toting a sousaphone last night, I didn't have an opportunity to listen to the broadcast, so does anyone know who said it?

rokamortis
September 10th, 2006, 02:40 PM
With comments like that, I now see why so many have little use for some of the the coastal fans.

All teams have fans that fans of other teams may not like. I'm sure even Wofford has a few.

CarolinaGirl
September 10th, 2006, 06:02 PM
This isn't the greatest picture but ISN'T IT PRETTY??? ?:hurray: :hurray:

bodoyle
September 10th, 2006, 06:57 PM
It was either the guy filling in for Hogue or the sideline guy. N ot sure

blukeys
September 10th, 2006, 07:43 PM
hard to say.. Wofford was using a wide receiver who played cornerback in high school last night because we are so thin at that position. If the injury is extensive yes he will be out-- if he had cramps from a hot night on the field I would guess he would be back next week.

Whether he is able to come back or not, to me is beside the point. I think it is the height of unsportmanship and a lack of class for a member of a broadcast crew to make such a remark. If it was so blatant, why didn't the officating crew call a penalty?

I certainly hope the radio sanctions this "broadcaster" for his comments. If he has some "evidence" that the injury was not for real then he needs to offer it up to the NCAA so they can evaluate the officials. As for cramping, it is very common at this time of year. I have had players drop to the ground like they were shot from 2 hours of play in a sweltering gym. The fact that there was no permanent damage does not mean the pain was any less real. Delaware kept their best player (Omar Cuff) from playing the entire 2nd half of the game Saturday because he was cramping in the first half. If a broadcaster can prove a player is faking it fine make his case to the proper authorities. Otherwise put up or shut up!!

dungeonjoe
September 10th, 2006, 08:32 PM
All teams have fans that fans of other teams may not like. I'm sure even Wofford has a few.

More than a few, Rock. Fortunately (or unfortunately) they haven't made their way to AGS.

I admire the passion and committment of the Coastal fans I see here on AGS. I shouldn't have posted that comment about anyone's fan base.

We lost. End of story.

But it's one thing to beat a team on the field and another to accuse them of less than honorible intentions on the field. Perhaps we may not win every game, but I hope we always play with class (even with some less than desirable fans).

dungeonjoe
September 10th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I certainly hope the radio sanctions this "broadcaster" for his comments. If he has some "evidence" that the injury was not for real then he needs to offer it up to the NCAA so they can evaluate the officials. As for cramping, it is very common at this time of year. I have had players drop to the ground like they were shot from 2 hours of play in a sweltering gym. The fact that there was no permanent damage does not mean the pain was any less real. Delaware kept their best player (Omar Cuff) from playing the entire 2nd half of the game Saturday because he was cramping in the first half. If a broadcaster can prove a player is faking it fine make his case to the proper authorities. Otherwise put up or shut up!!

If Tavani or any other player was faking an injury to stop the clock, then they should face very serious consequences from the coaching staff.

September 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM
It was either the guy filling in for Hogue or the sideline guy. N ot sureWas it Hogue who smacked I-AA.org badly on-air last year for the pre-JMU commentary (basically saying what most folks thought)?

rokamortis
September 11th, 2006, 05:14 AM
But it's one thing to beat a team on the field and another to accuse them of less than honorible intentions on the field. Perhaps we may not win every game, but I hope we always play with class (even with some less than desirable fans).

I agree that the comments shouldn't have been made. Wofford is a classy program and should be given the benefit of the doubt. When I was in the stands I didn't hear anyone mention that as a possibility and didn't even think about it.

I didn't hear the comment but from kard's report it sounded like it was made in a light-hearted way. As much as we like to think that our own broadcast teams are impartial, the truth is much different in most cases. Unfortunately the tactic mentioned is used by some teams and you'll always have people that do not trust others.

rokamortis
September 11th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Was it Hogue who smacked I-AA.org badly on-air last year for the pre-JMU commentary (basically saying what most folks thought)?

Ralph - he wasn't smacking, he just gave his opinion about the comments made by I-AA.org. Anyway, he was basically saying what many Coastal folks thought :smiley_wi

SoCon48
September 11th, 2006, 06:43 AM
I agree that the comments shouldn't have been made. Wofford is a classy program and should be given the benefit of the doubt. When I was in the stands I didn't hear anyone mention that as a possibility and didn't even think about it.

I didn't hear the comment but from kard's report it sounded like it was made in a light-hearted way. As much as we like to think that our own broadcast teams are impartial, the truth is much different in most cases. Unfortunately the tactic mentioned is used by some teams and you'll always have people that do not trust others.

Rok, I'm no Wofford nor Coastal fan for sure, but I have to admit, that post is one of the classiest of yours that I have read.

As stated, I'm no Wofford fan, but I still admire their performance on the field, their unending emphasis on academics, and the family friendly atmosphere of their games.

dungeonjoe
September 11th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Rok, I'm no Wofford nor Coastal fan for sure, but I have to admit, that post is one of the classiest of yours that I have read.

As stated, I'm no Wofford fan, but I still admire their performance on the field, their unending emphasis on academics, and the family friendly atmosphere of their games.

Thanks for the good word about the Wofford program. I was hoping to meet Rok in Spartanburg, but it did not work out; here's hoping we have the chance again very soon.

rokamortis
September 11th, 2006, 07:35 AM
I forgot to mention something else that really impressed me at Gibbs - they handed out American Flags - thought it was a great move this weekend.

Tealblood
September 11th, 2006, 07:49 AM
A little to much is being made out of this if sanctions are in order every and I do mean every Radio and TV broadcaster needs to be sanctioned. Because I have seen it happen in almost every game I have watched or listened to the last 15-20 years, in a situation like what was happening on the field CCU-Wofford game. And for what it is worth I was listening to the game as it happened, it had no malicious intent when said.

The situation--lets get this part straight CCU had the ball under a minute left Wofford has no more timeouts while CCU is trying to run out the clock. After CCU runs the play when the entire world knows CCU is in no hurry to stop clock. Wofford has a man down which if he is hurt or not means the clock stops while he is seen to. The ref can while he is being tended to set the ball and be ready to start the 25 second play clock(which were not working at Wofford) as soon as the guy leaves the field which prolly gains Wofford maybe 4-5 seconds. The radio guy for CCU(not Matt Hogue--it was Joe Cashion(sp?)) in a very tongue in cheek fashion says you don't think a coaches son would know how to stop a clock do you? quizzically asking the audience.

Something most people think while in the stands and it happens to your team, while you are praying for that damn clock to keep moving so you don't have to snap it again or in CCU's place punt the ball with a few seconds left on the clock.

This whole thing has blown way out of proportion. There was no malicious intent so lets move on. We(CCU) have much bigger shiite coming Saturday.

chantster
September 11th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Yup.

Tealblood is 100% correct. I listened to the game, and there was nothing mailicious, it was all tongue in cheek.

Let's not blow this out of proportion.

bodoyle
September 11th, 2006, 08:03 AM
If Tavani or any other player was faking an injury to stop the clock, then they should face very serious consequences from the coaching staff.

Dungeon: C'mon now. We both know that players have done it in the past, and will continue to do it. We also both know that they will never get "punished" by their coach(es) for doing so.

dungeonjoe
September 11th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Dungeon: C'mon now. We both know that players have done it in the past, and will continue to do it. We also both know that they will never get "punished" by their coach(es) for doing so.

I am not that cynical to believe that. If this behavior is condoned, then sports in this country is in much worse shape than we imagine. I, however, don't believe this is the case.