PDA

View Full Version : Montana State?????????

ysubigred
September 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM
How in the he11 do you beat a Big 12 Team and get clobered by Chadron State? Is it safe to say Chadron State would win the Big 12 xlolx Serious question? What division is Chadron State?

swaghook
September 9th, 2006, 05:22 PM
How in the he11 do you beat a Big 12 Team and get clobered by Chadron State? Is it safe to say Chadron State would win the Big 12 xlolx Serious question? What division is Chadron State?
D-II with a limited scholarship conference they might have 25 schollies.

rcny46
September 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM

Division-2

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM
D-II with a limited scholarship conference they might have 25 schollies.

D-II has 36 schollies, I believe.

biobengal
September 9th, 2006, 05:34 PM
There is a bigger difference between I-A and I-AA than I-AA and D-II

BisBison
September 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM

Maybe so but I didn't think that included so called top I-AA schools like Mt St. THis is embarrassing, just as bad as South Dakota State's debacle last week.:nonono2: :nonono2:

DaGriz
September 9th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Hey Biobengal, what's the score of your game? I can't hear the audio on the bigsky website and they have no scores listed and neither does your school site.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Hey Biobengal, what's the score of your game? I can't hear the audio on the bigsky website and they have no scores listed and neither does your school site.

27-6, ISU.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/scores/live/scoreboard.aspx?season=

Proud Griz Man
September 9th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I knew that Chadron State was going to play hard and that their talented RB Danny Woodhead was going to be good.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bozbobcat
September 9th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I watched the MSU-Chadron State debacle. Chadron State played an excellent game and played like they came to win. The Bobcats came out flat, evidenced by going backwards 20 yards on the first offensive drive, all coming from penalties. The rest of the game seemed to be downhill from there. I'm not going to say that it was the Cats who gave it away because Chadron State was far and away the superior team today.

swaghook
September 9th, 2006, 07:53 PM
D-II has 36 schollies, I believe.As a whole D-II is allowed a max of 36. The conference Chadron plays in self limits the max scholarships just like the NSIC of D-II.

ysubigred
September 9th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I still say good DII football beats the he11 out of 1AA non scholly. Pisses me off to here year in and year out how YSU's schedule sucks because of a DII on it.

bkrownd
September 9th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Never go in against a Nebraskan when football is on the line!

GoAgs72
September 9th, 2006, 11:54 PM
So which Montana State team will face UC Davis? This will be tough to figure out. I would hate to be doing a betting line on the game.

MR. CHICKEN
September 10th, 2006, 07:38 PM
MONTANA STATE??????.......IT'S CALLED "ANYGIVENSATURDAY"......AWK!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I still say good DII football beats the he11 out of 1AA non scholly. Pisses me off to here year in and year out how YSU's schedule sucks because of a DII on it.

Well it depends on who those D2 schools are. Some of the PSAC schools are dreadful. If you're playing Lock Haven, Mansfield, Cheney, or Clarion those are the bottom of the barrel for D2 schools. In fact Mansfield and Lock Haven are the equavalent of Savannah State in 1-AA. Now if you schedule schools like Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, Valdosta St., Grand Valley State it's a very respectable opponent. Not sure the D2 teams that YSU has played.

Tod
September 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM
As a whole D-II is allowed a max of 36. The conference Chadron plays in self limits the max scholarships just like the NSIC of D-II.

What's the limit?

swaghook
September 10th, 2006, 08:03 PM
What's the limit?
The Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, of which Nebraska-Kearney and Chadron State are members, has been among the ringleaders in trying to bring the Division II scholarship level down.

So, too, has the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. The PSAC is highly competitive nationally despite offering less than 36 scholarships but also operates in a heavily-populated area with enough talent to recruit from.

The RMAC has its own limit of 28 scholarships, but Chadron State coach Bill O'Boyle said his school offers 22 and UNK's Darrell Morris said the Lopers are at 18.
http://www.d2football.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2329

Looks like the conference self-imposed limit is 28, but Chadron only offers 22