PDA

View Full Version : Maine at Youngstown

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Game underway. Maine did nothing on their 1st possession except get their 1st penalty of the season.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Maine with their 2nd penalty and Youngstown driving.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Mane with their 3rd penalty of the game......Youngstown getting great yardage off from Maine's mistakes : smh :

Henny
September 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Jack Cosgrove needs to read the rule book !!!!!

anyway Go Black Bears !!!

blukeys
September 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Go Maine!!!!!!! Jeff Gotta link???

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:28 PM
www.zoneradio.com

Maine snaps ball over punter's head.......the Cosgrove Comedy Show continues.......: smh : : smh : : smh : :bawling:

Youngstown 7 Maine 0.......3:06 left in the 1st.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Whoops......Youngstown misses PAT after a re-kick.

Youngstown 6 Maine 0

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Arel Gordon with a 75 yard TD run.......Maine 7 Youngstown 6

ysubigred
September 9th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Do you have a live auido link. The YSU link don't work.

Thanks,

YBR

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:43 PM
www.zoneradio.com

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Youngstown 13 Maine 6........10:27 left in the 2Q.

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Youngstown 13 Maine 6........10:27 left in the 2Q.

I thought Maine had 7 points.

ysubigred
September 9th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the link Jeff :) Sounds great!

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I thought Maine had 7 points.

I lost track :o.......Youngstown 13 Maine 7

Granite
September 9th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Good luck to the Black Bears today. I'll be watching the scoreboard on this one!

blukeys
September 9th, 2006, 04:15 PM
TD Maine

blukeys
Maine 14 YSU 13

mainejeff
Maine converts on a 4th down for a TD.......Maine 14 Youngstown 13 seconds left in the half.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Maine 14 Youngstown 13 Halftime.

Tod
September 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Excellent game!

slostang
September 9th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Beat me to it Tod. Sounds like a great game.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Maine AD Blake James in halftime radio interview confirmed that Maine will play at UConn next season.

Jaxhen
September 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Good job Maine! Keep playing them tough.

ysubigred
September 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
WOW!! The Black Bears are better than advertised :) YSU will need to do better if we are going to be a serious contender. Gordon is a one man wrecking crew :nod:

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Maine with an INT......at the Youngstown 24......can't do anything with it.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Turning point.......Youngstown turns it up a notch and makes it 20-14.....8:35 left in the 3rd.

Mountain Panther
September 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Score anyone?

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Score anyone?

Youngstown 20 Maine 14........Tons and tons of penalties in this game. I have zero confidence in Cosgrove ever getting this team to play disciplined.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Youngstown 27 Maine 14.....this may turn into a rout.

Maine as some talent, but they just never seem to be able to put it all together.......a reflection of the coaching staff IMO.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Whitcomb runs into Gordon and fumbles......Gordon is injured.......and Youngstown has the ball.........Maine meltdown.

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Nice adjustment by YSU at halftime. Youngstown 34 Maine 14.

Same old, same old for Maine......anyone want to make a bet that Cosgrove will be around for 20 more years? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

FlyYtown
September 9th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Although there were a ton of penalties, 7 of the 17 were on YSU's side.

YSU could've routed this game if they didn't throw those int's.
The defense looked great for the most part, that one huge run in the 1st half and a few drives they stopped.

I said 42-17; 34-14 wasn't bad either. Nice Win Penguins

mainejeff
September 9th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Although there were a ton of penalties, 7 of the 17 were on YSU's side.

YSU could've routed this game if they didn't throw those int's.
The defense looked great for the most part, that one huge run in the 1st half and a few drives they stopped.

I said 42-17; 34-14 wasn't bad either. Nice Win Penguins

It was Maine 14 Youngstown 13 at the Half. Yes, Youngstown had a great 2nd half, but Maine played horrible too so stop acting like you dominated the game.

I'm very disappointed in Whitcomb. He's been starting for 4 years now, and played like a scared freshman in the 2nd half......pretty bad.

birdsflyhigh
September 9th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Great second half for the Guins....21-0. Congrats on the win over Maine's Black Bears. Now let's see a decent showing next week at Penn St. :nod:

GoGuins
September 10th, 2006, 12:32 AM
YSU far from dominated, Fly is living in a fantasy world. Both teams beat themselves with mistakes but Maine made more and had more penalties. Gordon is a nice back for Maine. YSU tackled poorly in the first half. Game was a lot closer than what the score indicated with YSU scoring late in the game.

Nice to see YSU's Irizarry score his 1st TD in a Penguin uniform.

Penn State will be looking to pound someone after their pounding at South Bend, so it could get ugly for YSU. I just hope they show up and play respectable unlike their 2005 game at Pitt.

BDK@YSU
September 10th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Personally, I would like to see Zetts emerge as a true quaterback instead of one whose sole purpose is to transfer the ball from the center to the running backs. 12 of 22 passing for 178 yards with 2 picks won't win a whole lot of Gateway games.

PapaBear
September 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Just back. A few observations and thoughts...

Hats off to YSU for a great gameday atmosphere.:thumbsup: Now, about that whole "can't bring beer" thing ...:confused: Apparently, in the state of Ohio, it's illegal for grown adults to bring their own beer to a tailgate, but it's fine for the state to own a monopoly on the kind of beer you can drink at tailgates.xcoffeex

OK, about the game ...

Very entertaining and competitive first half. Lots of penalties and mistakes by both teams, but it's still early in the season.

Mason is a nice back. Tough as nails.

Zetts is a playmaker. Not a real consistent passer and made some horrific throws across his body and across the field, that would have made a peewee football coach cringe. But when the money came out, he owned Maine with his legs and his arm.

Your D played great. Ours did, too, for awhile. But we simply gave you too many short fields (via poor kickoffs and three-and-out offensive possessions) to expect them to continue to hold such a multi-faceted offense.

Homefield crowd noise caused a lot of false starts by UM linemen. You guys truly have a 12th man up there in those Stambaugh home seats.

UM had more than its fair share of chances to win this one. We kick off 2nd half, owning a 14-13 lead. And after a few YSU first downs, we pick one off in the endzone. Result: three and out.

On another YSU drive, Zetts hits UM cornerback Manauris Arias right in the numbers with a throw over the middle (well, he WAS open), and Manauris -- our best kick returner, largely because of his great hands -- has it bounce harmlessly off his chest to the ground. YSU continues the drive and scores a TD.

And so it went.

Good luck next week against Penn State, redbirds.

And Black Bears, you will find your rhythm, I'm sure of it.

FlyYtown
September 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Never did I think we dominated.. I think MAINE is a great quality opponent; but never did I feel like we were going to lose. We've won like what 8 or 9 in a row at the Ice Castle, but at the same time I think we played as if we COULD'VE lost in the first half..

We made good adjustments at half, although Zetts throws an interception on the first play from scrimmage. If Maine scores there, we may have been screwed. A few great plays on defense as well as a penalty benefitted us there.

Kudos to the Maine fans, I talked with 2 really nice fans who sat on the West Side [big side]. They raved about Stambaugh and really do think YSU can be a title contender this year, after seeing Santos and New Hampshire last year.

Good Luck Maine, I really think you can win 6-7 games this year if you play like you did in that first half.. your style of offense was driving me nuts and our defense nuts in the first half...

Good Luck Maine... Now time to get our asses whipped by Penn St! :(

I-AA Fan
September 10th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I got a chance to meet a few Maine friends ... I think I met "papabear" here. Thanks to all of you for coming & I hope I get a chance to return the favor soon. Here are some photos. Unfortunately, the rain force the camera away in the first quarter, so there are only a few pics.

http://www.ysupenguins.com/YSU vs Maine 2006