PDA

View Full Version : Bearkat Gameday: Andrew Audelin

blackfordpu
September 9th, 2006, 08:39 AM
It's finally here!:hurray:

Bearkat Gameday: Who can catch the Muffin Man?

Andrew Audelin has been waiting for his chance to be the Bearkats’ primary running back

Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

His entire life, Andrew Audelin has had to deal with being a small guy playing a sport most people associate with giants — football.

At 5-foot-7, 190-pounds, Audelin is usually going to be the smallest guy on the field. But that hasn’t stopped the Sam Houston State running back from chasing after his dreams.

He has faced taunting from opposing teams every since he took up the sport, and he has a message for those who might take his abilities for granted on account of his stature.

“It’s the size of the fight in the dog,” Audelin said. “It’s been like that my whole life. Being not the biggest guy on the field, I have had to go out and prove that I can play this game. I take it to heart and use my size as an advantage.”

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_252015639.html?keyword=secondarystory

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM
So, how long til Audelin breaks a huge run through to the Boll Weevils secondary and then hits on the exceleration to burn them for a long 40+ yard run? :)

Have you seen the muffin man?!? I may need to bring muffins with me for my lone tailgate with you fellas if this is how things are going to be...