PDA

View Full Version : JMU Dukes will not be taken lightly

SoCon48
September 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Anyone who thinks or says ASU is over-confident about facing JMU hasn't talked to one of ASU better defensive players:

Buck Buchanan Award Candidate Marques Murrell
on JMU:
Monday Labor Day:

It’s Labor Day and most people are probably on vacation. You have people in Miami, Jamaica, all those places. While they are on a beach somewhere, my teammates and I are up here 3,333 feet above sea level, working hard.
We are far from the beach, working to get better for James Madison this weekend. We fell a little short this weekend against N.C. State. It was a hard loss. We ran into some problems collectively as a team, but we have learned from these mistakes and we plan to keep on rolling towards the next weekend.
Now we are looking forward to playing JMU. This year they are coming to our house and we definitely do not want to lose that game. It’s a very big game because they were national champions in 2004 and we came after them in 2005, and because of that, this will be one of the most talked-about games of the season.

To me, this will be a Florida State versus Miami kind of game. We are just focusing now on being prepared and getting our plays together. Tomorrow, we’ll get suited up and get ready for a dogfight with the Dukes. As we practice and get stronger, I’ll feel really good about this game.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
My teammates and I are getting ready for the James Madison University game. I didn’t have class yesterday, so I soaked in the bathtub, relaxed, and studied for my banking and finance class. My main focus is getting ready for the game. I’ve been watching game film, checking up on some of the main plays and formations that they might throw at us.

We are getting ready to go. We have really been practicing hard and coming together this week. We’ve been focusing on the pass rush and when the proper times are to do that. The coaches have been pushing the power run and they don’t want us to be shocked with anything when game time comes.

We’ve been hearing a lot about James Madison. They are really good, strong players. They were the National Champions in 2004 so we know that we need to take them very seriously.

Tribe4SF
September 8th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Marques has a future in politics!:hurray:

KiddBrewer
September 9th, 2006, 02:00 AM
ha, you conviniently left out the part where he said his goal was to have 4 sacks and two forced fumbles....love it.

September 9th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Marques is a sweet guy. A wonderful example of a I-AA student-athlete. Not a smackish bone in his body kiddbrewer. That is for boorish fans.

I-AA 2006 also omitted the link to this news...

SoCon48
September 9th, 2006, 04:38 AM
ha, you conviniently left out the part where he said his goal was to have 4 sacks and two forced fumbles....love it.

He didn't say he was going to do that, just that was his goal. That would be a heck of a game and badly needed vs a mobile guy like Rasc. If the other end holds up his "end" of the effort and Marques doesn't get double teamed too badly, he can do it. (as all us Apps well know)

SoCon48
September 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Marques is a sweet guy. A wonderful example of a I-AA student-athlete. Not a smackish bone in his body kiddbrewer. That is for boorish fans.

I-AA 2006 also omitted the link to this news...

www.goasu.com

KiddBrewer
September 9th, 2006, 07:35 AM
ha i know the guy, personally, was actually playing madden against him two nights ago, i know hes "sweet", but hes got one hell of a mean streak, and sucks at madden.

Mr. C
September 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM
ha i know the guy, personally, was actually playing madden against him two nights ago, i know hes "sweet", but hes got one hell of a mean streak, and sucks at madden.
He takes his mean streak out on opposing quarterbacks and doesn't suck at I-AA.

KiddBrewer
September 9th, 2006, 10:10 AM
agreed.