PDA

View Full Version : JMU's away games in 2005...

JMU Duke Dog
June 8th, 2005, 01:29 PM
2005 provides the #1 JMU Dukes with quite a challenging road schedule...

9/10 at Coastal Carolina
10/1 at #31 Hofstra
10/15 at #12 Massachusetts (televised)
10/22 at #8 Delaware (televised)
11/5 at #10 William & Mary (possibly the first night game for W&M with permanent lights)

*Used the consolidated preseason rankings found on I-AA.org

89Hen
June 8th, 2005, 04:11 PM
And Coastal was 33 in the AGS Pre-Season.

SoCon48
June 8th, 2005, 04:12 PM
For the defending NChamps, Hofstra and Coastal should be left off that list.

Challenging is 7 road games including Kansas, LSU, EKU, Furman, etc.

blur2005
June 8th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah, in comparison, JMU's home schedule is cake, besides 'Nova. Running the A-10 gauntlet, though, on the road.

FightinBluHen51
June 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Enjoy wearing the bull's eye! LOL! BTW, any Duke's Domain members are welcome @ my tailgate come 10/22! I owe ya from last year, so just PM me. Man, I can't wait for the season.

The Gadfly
June 9th, 2005, 11:35 AM
And Coastal was 33 in the AGS Pre-Season.

At least they have the balls to play us :cool: . Hope the Dukes rip through the A-10 again this season.

Challenging is 7 road games including Kansas, LSU, EKU, Furman, etc.

Playing I-A is going to get you two things: Rich and Hurt. See ya in Boone! :D

Tribe4SF
June 9th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Playing I-A is going to get you two things: Rich and Hurt. See ya in Boone! :D

That stuff about getting hurt playing I-As is a crock. Last year against North Carolina, Tribe suffered one injury. DE Wade Harrell suffered a slight shoulder separation being tackled from behind after returning an interception 35 yards to the UNC one yd. line. :cool:

umassfan
June 9th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Any JMUers coming up to Amherst for the game... I will be there because its Alumni weekend so I usually go back for a little piece of the college action. Plus it doesnt hurt that we have midnight madness the friday before as well.

blukeys
June 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Hope the Dukes rip through the A-10 again this season.

:D

No one rips through the A-10. the Dukies didn't even get the Conference's auto bid. That honor went to W&M who beat JMU.

JMU Duke Dog
June 9th, 2005, 05:58 PM
No one rips through the A-10. the Dukies didn't even get the Conference's auto bid. That honor went to W&M who beat JMU.

True, no one ripped through the A10 in 2004 and probably will not in 2005. The A10 is just too difficult to do that. You are also right that JMU did not get the A10's automatic bid as we lost to W&M in the regular season on a Tribe game-winning field goal as time expired. However, JMU did what Delaware could not do by beating W&M in the playoffs on the way to winning the 2004 national championship. This isn't bad at all for a team that was predicted prior to the start of the 2004 season to finish in fourth place in the south division of the A10. This goes to show that all opponents need to be taken seriously regardless of preseason predictions.

Graduated cornerback Cortez Thompson's 87-yard punt return for a touchdown provided the decisive points in JMU's 20-13 win over Delaware.
http://www.thebreeze.org/archives/11.11.04/sports/football.jpg

blur2005
June 9th, 2005, 07:32 PM
True, no one ripped through the A10 in 2004 and probably will not in 2005. The A10 is just too difficult to do that. You are also right that JMU did not get the A10's automatic bid as we lost to W&M in the regular season on a Tribe game-winning field goal as time expired. However, JMU did what Delaware could not do by beating W&M in the playoffs on the way to winning the 2004 national championship. This isn't bad at all for a team that was predicted prior to the start of the 2004 season to finish in fourth place in the south division of the A10. This goes to show that all opponents need to be taken seriously regardless of preseason predictions.

Graduated cornerback Cortez Thompson's 87-yard punt return for a touchdown provided the decisive points in JMU's 20-13 win over Delaware.
http://www.thebreeze.org/archives/11.11.04/sports/football.jpg
I get chills thinking about that play...God, things got a little crazy at Bridgeforth.