PDA

View Full Version : Joe Beningo, WFAN-AM New York

Go...gate
September 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I was driving about an hour ago and had his mid-day sports program on. he was referring to Rutgers being defeated by UNH in '04 and went on a brief rant, saying..."I didn't even know they played football in New Hampshire!!!!" Beningo is a good announcer (indeed, he is a Mets fan) but perhape he needs a lesson as to I-AA/PCS football.

TheValleyRaider
September 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I was driving about an hour ago and had his mid-day sports program on. he was referring to Rutgers being defeated by UNH in '04 and went on a brief rant, saying..."I didn't even know they played football in New Hampshire!!!!" Beningo is a good announcer (indeed, he is a Mets fan) but perhape he needs a lesson as to I-AA/PCS football.

What kind of slow day in NY sports does it have to be for them to talk about RUTGERS!:eyebrow: :rotateh:

AppGuy04
September 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Email?

GannonFan
September 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
What kind of slow day in NY sports does it have to be for them to talk about RUTGERS!:eyebrow: :rotateh:

They always throw a Rutgers comment in almost everyday - I think Beningo or Mulooses (phoenetic spelling) does work on the side for Rutgers so even when it's Mike and the Mad Dog they tease him about Rutgers. And they are the same way towards IAA so they could very well say the same things.

Go...gate
September 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'm trying to dig up the e-mail.

WFAN tends to be very inconsistent on I-AA. AIR, Mike and the Mad Dog had Dave Clawson of Fordham on their show during Fordham's '02 play-off run, and Dick Biddle and KC Keeler on the week of the '03 I-AA title game; However, guys like Chris Carlin (the Rutgers anouncer who is on with Imus and has an occasional show) are absolutely contemptuous of I-AA.

Update: I could not find Beningo's e-mail.