PDA

View Full Version : One complaint about Lafayette's "new" Fisher Field

Marcus Garvey
September 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I'm getting on my soap box, and kiss my arse if you don't like it! :smiley_wi

Photos of the renovations at Fisher Field taken 9/7 have been posted on the Lafayette athletics website:
http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012406aad.html

My complaint is the alternating shades of green used for the turf! It looks too much like Oregon's Autzen Stadium, which in turn makes me think of underachieving football teams in butt-ugly uniforms!!!!!

Pard94
September 8th, 2006, 11:57 AM

Photos of the renovations at Fisher Field taken 9/7 have been posted on the Lafayette athletics website:

My complaint is the alternating shades of green used for the turf! It looks too much like Oregon's Autzen Stadium, which in turn makes me think of underachieving football teams in butt-ugly uniforms!!!!!

To each his own but I love the alternating green! And our uni's are pretty sweet too!

89Hen
September 8th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I have mixed feelings about it. JMU did the same with their new field, UMass did not.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2006, 12:27 PM

Yeah that was directly noted in somebody's official comment... the field looks like Oregon and the RCA Dome.

carney2
September 8th, 2006, 12:31 PM
It's always something. Personally, I like it. Makes it easier to do my own down and distance calculation from Row 43. At least it's not the "no parking" thing again.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2006, 12:36 PM
It's always something. Personally, I like it. Makes it easier to do my own down and distance calculation from Row 43. At least it's not the "no parking" thing again.

Ha yeah... there is parking... and it's easier to park at Fisher than Goodman.

Go...gate
September 8th, 2006, 12:58 PM
It's cool - reminds me of the Kansas City Chiefs at old KC Municipal stadium before they moved to Arrowhead.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM
It's cool - reminds me of the Kansas City Chiefs at old KC Municipal stadium before they moved to Arrowhead.

I like walking through a neighborhood to get to the stadium.. there is atmosphere and characters abound... tailgating on the crubs and all..

rcny46
September 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM
It looks like a nice complex to me-judging by what I see in the photos anyway,but I'm used to watching games at UNH's facility.That might have something to do with it.

Hansel
September 8th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I am a fan of the alternating shades of green, it looks nice when it is done well :)

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I am a fan of the alternating shades of green, it looks nice when it is done well :)

Well, be sure to catch us on the Dish! or Digital.. or whatever nowadays..

...there will be a high school game broadcast from Fisher on Thanksgiving morning... 1030am.. ESPN2... should highlight the field nicely.

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
It looks like a nice complex to me-judging by what I see in the photos anyway,but I'm used to watching games at UNH's facility.That might have something to do with it.

I've heard stories... reporters' laptops have frozen due to the cold and open-air press box.. yikes..

One of the most underrated crappy stadiums in the Patriot League is Bucknell... press box is literally a tool shed on stilts.. underbelly is like the origonal 1930 structure.. you would probably freeze at BU like UNH if it got as cold.

rcny46
September 8th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I've heard stories... reporters' laptops have frozen due to the cold and open-air press box.. yikes..

One of the most underrated crappy stadiums in the Patriot League is Bucknell... press box is literally a tool shed on stilts.. underbelly is like the origonal 1930 structure.. you would probably freeze at BU like UNH if it got as cold.

I think they finally upgraded the press box last year when they knew they'd be hosting some playoff games,so at least that's an improvement.We really need a new stadium though if they expect to bring in top level recruits and fans.The powers that be are supposedly working on it,so maybe someday.

ngineer
September 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
When I stopped by last week and the turf was just starting out of the eastern endzone, I sort of liked the alternating shades of green. I think it will make it easier for people on TV to see distance/location, as well as those in 'peanut heaven'. Moravian's new field is solid dark green, and that looks great, too. So to each their own.
Actually, except for the occasional torrential rain game, I still prefer the sod and the smell of fresh cut grass. Nothing was better than Taylor Stadium's. I almost get teary eyed remembering....:bawling: :smiley_wi

Tod
September 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I think it looks great! :nod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Cats
September 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Looks like a great upgrade.

GaSouthern
September 8th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Wow, thats the first pics of that field / stadium I have ever seen! Looks great!

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I like the look of the turf.