PDA

View Full Version : If Indiana State wins saturday.....

TheGateway
September 8th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Should they get a top 25 ranking? They played purdue tough and EIU is ranked and pretty good. :rotateh: I was wondering what a win could do.

OL FU
September 8th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I don't think that win would do it. I would be scared of ranking a team that is 1-1 after being 0-11 the previous year.

On the other hand, I would certainly xprost2x and so should Indiana St.

nmatsen
September 8th, 2006, 08:47 AM
They gave up 30 pts in 4th qtr to a poor Purdue tem. That is not playing them well.

Mr. C
September 8th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Don't get too excited here boys. One win isn't going to turn around years of bad football. Indiana State would have to prove itself with a few more wins to get poll support.

AppGuy04
September 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM
They may get some votes, much like Elon, but won't be in the top 25

birdsflyhigh
September 8th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I would think the Sycs would get quite a few votes. With IL St. coming up, this is a game that EIU MUST win or they start 0-3 and are pretty much out of the playoffs. So if you put it in perspective, a road win by the Sycs over the Panthers would be a very big victory. Go Sycs!! :nod:

TheGateway
September 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM
They gave up 30 pts in 4th qtr to a poor Purdue tem. That is not playing them well.

xlolx A poor Purdue team???LOL!!!!! They were still a Big Ten opponent and the last time I checked that were one of the best conferences in the country.Also they are ranked in the top 40 in 1-A football.:read: http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119/index2

blur2005
September 8th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Purdue is not a top 40 team.

I'll start drinking the Sycamores' Kool-Aid if they win a few in a row.

89Hen
September 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Don't get too excited here boys. One win isn't going to turn around years of bad football. Indiana State would have to prove itself with a few more wins to get poll support.
As Ralph says.... X_______________ co-sign

Cap'n Cat
September 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM
As Ralph says.... X_______________ co-sign

Agreed.

nmatsen
September 8th, 2006, 02:40 PM
xlolx A poor Purdue team???LOL!!!!! They were still a Big Ten opponent and the last time I checked that were one of the best conferences in the country.Also they are ranked in the top 40 in 1-A football.:read: http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119/index2

Yes a Big 11 team, but a bottom half one at that. I don't care who you are playing, I could get eleven - ninety year olds from a nursing home to scatter around the field and keep Purdue from scoring thirty points in one quarter! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I-AA Fan
September 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Yes a Big 11 team, but a bottom half one at that. I don't care who you are playing, I could get eleven - ninety year olds from a nursing home to scatter around the field and keep Purdue from scoring thirty points in one quarter! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Let the ISU fans have their day, they desrve it. Any of us would be excited if our team hung with a Big-10 club. New coach + new offense = new hope + good feelings.

89Hen
September 8th, 2006, 03:12 PM
FWIW, Indiana State is 5-26 in their last 31 games, two of the five wins were EIU. :eyebrow:

FWIW2, Indiana State has one playoff win in school history, I'll give you one guess as to whom it was agaisnt. :p

youwouldno
September 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
If Indiana St wins, I'll be out a lot of $$$

Cap'n Cat
September 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Let the ISU fans have their day, they desrve it. Any of us would be excited if our team hung with a Big-10 club. New coach + new offense = new hope + good feelings.

Too bad Youngstown will never get to know what that's like.

:rolleyes:

:p

ISUalum
September 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
heck no, ISU won't get enough points to be in the top 25, I agree they may receive more than 5 votes and show up in the poll, but nowhere near enough to make the top 25.

A win over EIU, then a win over Murray State and a good showing against Northern Illinois (but I can't see ISU slowing down their running back) MIGHT get them close to the top 25, but then the Gateway season starts and ISU has not won a Gateway game since beating Ill. State in 2004.

We Syc. fans are hopeful, but not getting too excited, we are dealing with a program that has been worse than deplorable recently.

Should they get a top 25 ranking? They played purdue tough and EIU is ranked and pretty good. :rotateh: I was wondering what a win could do.

PantherMan
September 8th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I will go on record right now as saying that IF INSU defeats EIU this weekend, they WILL get an honorary #25 ranking in Pantherman's AGS Poll...:thumbsup:

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2006, 10:37 AM
The Sycs have a lot of climbing to do to get out of this pit. Would like to see them become a more respectable team. Good luck today Sycamores. :thumbsup:

Hoss8091
September 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Hell! Go ahead and rank them #20xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx After one week playing Gateway Teams, they will fall to where they belong. ::bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Every school deserves their minute in the sun; :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Why not Indiana State? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: