PDA

View Full Version : UCA QB Out; Injuries and impressions

BEAR
September 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM
BROWN INJURES HAND
FOOTBALL • Sep 7, 2006

Sophomore quarterback Nathan Brown.
CONWAY, Ark _ University of Central Arkansas quarterback Nathan Brown has a broken bone in his throwing hand and will miss at least Saturday's game with Illinois State, according to head coach Clint Conque.

--courtesy of UCASPORTS.com

Wow! What a way to start our first real game vs a real I-AA powerhouse in Ill. State! It was bad enough that we were still basicly composed of a D2 squad with mixed I-A and I-AA talent, but now our field leader is out. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

What injuries to your team have affected your season already or will cause your team to have a different season that what you'd like???

Hansel
September 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Not good news for UCA- they will need all the help they can get next week

BEAR
September 7th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Anyone know about Robbie Park...he transfered from SFA I believe to UCA and will start vs. Ill. State. :nod: :confused: :read: :)

A little research shows he was pretty good in HS but has no college playing time experience. Man, what a position to be put in.

slycat
September 7th, 2006, 11:20 PM
thats too bad for yall. best of luck to you with the situation. im ready for the newest slc team to make an upset.

MSUBear42
September 8th, 2006, 12:03 AM
What injuries to your team have affected your season already or will cause your team to have a different season that what you'd like???

Sorry about the news, UCA. Hope he'll be back for your game vs. us.

To answer your question, we're basically starting our 4th string RB, our starting QB from last year quit football to focus on baseball, our top TE is out for 3 weeks, and our top WR is day-to-day.:eek:

Tiananmen Bear
September 8th, 2006, 07:32 AM
If Brown would've played I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see the big upset. Now, I don't like the Bears' chances so much. We've seen Park throw three passes and he hasn't taken meaningful snaps since 2002 as far as I can tell (redshirt at Stephen A. Austin in '03, mission trip in '04 and '05) so no matter how much talent he may have bottled up in there, it's not going to come out in one terrific, glowing display in his first start I wouldn't imagine.

In the top story at UCAsports.com Conque says they've put in some different packages he thinks Robbie can handle so it may just be that all Robbie has to do is hand the ball off properly and throw it up to Fairooz repeatedly.

Also, it sounds like a tough year to be a Missouri State fan. Will you guys be able to field 11 by year's end?

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Brown is a difference-maker and will shake things up when UCA finally makes it to the SLC next year. That's a talent that I'd like to see...

Best of luck to UCA and Brown in having a healthy recovery...

Bear Fan 101
September 8th, 2006, 08:03 AM
http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1427

Robbie has looked good the last two days of practice, I'll give him that. Brown wanted to play this weekend to be honest, but they were not going to let that happen. As far as next weekend goes, they'll cross that bridge when it gets there I'm sure.

JoshUCA
September 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
According to http://www.dailyvidette.com/media/storage/paper420/news/2006/09/08/Sports/Bring.On.The.Bears-2262070.shtml?norewrite200609081111&sourcedomain=www.dailyvidette.com

On the other hand, the Redbirds will most likely have to do without their most explosive weapon on offense. ISU wide receiver Laurent Robinson missed some of the fourth quarter with an ankle injury and was on the sideline during the failed two point conversion attempt last week at Kansas State. Robinson, who caught 9 balls for 77 yards and two touchdowns last Saturday, may have to sit out the contest with that same ankle injury.

"Well he's coming along nicely," Johnson said of Robinson. "[The trainers] are pleased with the treatment and rehab. I think he's probably doubtful for the weekend. He's a warrior. If he can go and feel like he can be competitive and be effective, I'm sure that he will. All I've asked him to do is be honest with us. If he doesn't feel like he can go or at least be effective then it would be foolish to ask him to be out there. Certainly that's a big loss but if we don't have him, somebody else will step up and we'll move forward."

So who knows what will happen...because we still have FAIROOZ!!!!:hurray: :hurray:
I just hope that Robbie can step up, stay calm, and complete some passes.

catbob
September 8th, 2006, 10:30 AM
If Brown would've played I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see the big upset. Now, I don't like the Bears' chances so much. We've seen Park throw three passes and he hasn't taken meaningful snaps since 2002 as far as I can tell (redshirt at Stephen A. Austin in '03, mission trip in '04 and '05) so no matter how much talent he may have bottled up in there, it's not going to come out in one terrific, glowing display in his first start I wouldn't imagine.

In the top story at UCAsports.com Conque says they've put in some different packages he thinks Robbie can handle so it may just be that all Robbie has to do is hand the ball off properly and throw it up to Fairooz repeatedly.

Also, it sounds like a tough year to be a Missouri State fan. Will you guys be able to field 11 by year's end?

Cory Carpenter's first start since his senior season in high school, 2002:

22-31 229 yards 1 TD vs IA Colorado.

There is hope my friend. ;)

JoshUCA
September 8th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Cory Carpenter's first start since his senior season in high school, 2002:

22-31 229 yards 1 TD vs IA Colorado.

There is hope my friend. ;)
Let's hope that we can get a performance like that out of Robbie!:hurray: