PDA

View Full Version : Blue Turf

mainejeff
September 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I hate blue turf. Watching Boise/Oregon State and it's hurting my eyes.

Any I-AAs have blue turf?

jmuroller
September 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
NCAA states that all turf must be green to represent green grass. Boise is the only school that has an exception granted by the NCAA.

elkmcc
September 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM
What else would you expect from the "Smurfs"? Admittedly, that is some gawdawful stuff.

mainejeff
September 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM
NCAA states that all turf must be green to represent green grass. Boise is the only school that has an exception granted by the NCAA.

Thanks! I did not know that.

AppGuy04
September 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Why are they granted an exception?

But I agree, it hurts my eyes to watch.

bobcatfan06
September 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
I think because they already had it before the NCAA made the rule.

MountaineerDrive
September 7th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Boise's running back #41? and linebacker #25 either are great players or the blue is playing tricks on my eyes.

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
BOISE RECIEVERS ARE WIDE OPEN...........DUH BEAVERS ARE LOSIN' 'EM IN DUH CARPET!...........................AWK!

Ronbo
September 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
The announcers said that a couple years ago they replaced the turf and they gave the students the vote to stay blue or go green. The blue turf garnered a 98% vote.

Hansel
September 7th, 2006, 09:03 PM
ESPN had a graphic saying there is no rule regarding the color of turf- though they could be full of it

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2006, 09:19 PM
GEEZ...BOISE......LITTLE HARD ON DUH BEAVERAH...TA-NITE....:smiley_wi...AWK!

AppGuy04
September 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM
35-14 Boise heading into the 4th

elkmcc
September 7th, 2006, 10:02 PM
No love between Boise and the Beavers. Can you say R.U.T.S.?

mainejeff
September 7th, 2006, 10:37 PM
They sure pounded some Beaver tonight in Boise.:eek:

Hansel
September 7th, 2006, 10:39 PM
an absolute beatdown :nod:

CSU BUCS
September 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I wish either South Carolina or Jacksonville State would play Oregon State. I can Just here the lines.:D

BearsCountry
September 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM
The story behind the blue turf, their old president John Kaiser was the brand child of it. He was Missouri State's presdient up until last year, came here after Boise State and wanted to do the same for us expect for have it maroon. They were going to do it, until they found out the maroon would fade and look pink.

Mr. C
September 8th, 2006, 01:24 AM

Boise State was the only I-AA with blue turf, until they decided to jump ship to I-A after their run to the national championship game in 1994. What awful stuff. I hate it when my alma mater, Fresno State, has to play up there every other year. Of course, it doesn't help that the Broncos almost always win on that nasty stuff.

OL FU
September 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM
All I know is that if Furman ever goes to purple turf, Hansel and I are switching teams:p :nod:

AppGuy04
September 8th, 2006, 07:57 AM

I'll refrain from the obvious jokexlolx

nothingbutjsu
September 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Jax State and OSU. Sounds like an interesting game. A marketing persons dream and a newspaper editors nightmare:smiley_wi

RabidRabbit
September 8th, 2006, 08:56 AM
I wish either South Carolina or Jacksonville State would play Oregon State. I can Just here the lines.:D

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

NoCoDanny
September 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I think the blue turf does them a disservice. Their program is good enough to stand on it's own merit. Having the blue seems like a gimmick and makes them look bush league in my opinion.

Marcus Garvey
September 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM

I like the idea, but with one stipulation...
Joe Buck has to be the play-by-play man for TV! I can just imagine the moral outrage already!!!

jstate83
September 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM

I can't watch Bosie State home games.:nono:
That blue turf makes my head and eye's hurt.:nod:
It look's cartoonish.

ChickenMan
September 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/other/2005/0503/photo/lm11.jpg

it looks much worse on TV... if I had to watch an entire football game televised from there... I'd have to turn the color all the way down and watch it in black & white...

nothingbutjsu
September 8th, 2006, 10:58 AM
An OSU/JSU matchup?
I remember back in the 80's when Jax State beat Troy in a football game. JSU's student newspaper headlines read "Cocks use Trojans".
Needless to say, the paper editor was fired.

CSU BUCS
September 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Southern California and South Carolina played each other in Columbia in 1983. Some of the South Carolina student made signs saying “your Trojans can’t hold our cocks”

atlGAmocs
September 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
i guess i am in the minority here, I like the blue stuff. I think it's fun. The real atrocity in college football is Oregon's diamond plated unis.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2006, 10:52 AM
When watching BSU games, change the tint on your tv to make the field green. you'll just have to remember boise state is the green team as well. The sky will also be green. :D