PDA

View Full Version : Griz QB Swogger Injures Hand--Questionable for Saturday

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2006/09/07/sports/sports03.txt

Judging from the heavy bandage on his left (non-throwing) hand, senior quarterback Josh Swogger is at best questionable for the Grizzlies' game at 1:05 p.m. Saturday.

The fact that he was throwing at Wednesday's football practice lent some hope he'd play, amid a report the Washington State transfer has a broken pinky finger. The injury apparently came in the third quarter of UM's 41-7 loss to the Hawkeyes.

Montana coach Bobby Hauck was hoping for the best, three days ahead of facing the Jackrabbits.

“I'd sure like to see them prepare for (backup) Cole Bergquist and then have Josh Swogger come out,” said Hauck.

Let's hope we don't have to see Bergquist....

griz37
September 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Bobby Hauck has closed practice for Thursday & Friday. The last time he did this, Cat-Griz week excluded, we came out & ran the option against Idaho. It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. By the way AZGriz, word in Missoula is that Cole is a LOT better then last year.

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Bobby Hauck has closed practice for Thursday & Friday. The last time he did this, Cat-Griz week excluded, we came out & ran the option against Idaho. It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. By the way AZGriz, word in Missoula is that Cole is a LOT better then last year.

Well, that bar was set pretty low, 37. :mad:

elkmcc
September 7th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Well, that bar was set pretty low, 37. :mad:

That is really not a very fair assessment of CB, AZ. How many Frosh have started for the Griz in the past? I remember AhYat coming in relief for DD back in '95 and looking like a deer in the headlights. We all know how that turned out. CB has looked quite impressive in both spring and fall camps and I am excited to see how he will do this year.

FlyYtown
September 7th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I wish Swogger the best of luck. His fans down here in Youngstown from Ursuline are behind him 100%

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2006, 11:25 PM
That is really not a very fair assessment of CB, AZ. How many Frosh have started for the Griz in the past? I remember AhYat coming in relief for DD back in '95 and looking like a deer in the headlights. We all know how that turned out. CB has looked quite impressive in both spring and fall camps and I am excited to see how he will do this year.

I know. And I agree. Just watching our offense struggle in general, I'm in no hurry to be handing the reigns back over to him. Probably unfair to ask a freshman to do what he was asked to do....it'll be nice to let him have another year of seasoning, learning the offense, and then taking over after Swogger is done.

I mean, lets be real: At least if Swogger can't go, it's not Washington taking the helm... :eek:

Tod
September 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I know. And I agree. Just watching our offense struggle in general, I'm in no hurry to be handing the reigns back over to him. Probably unfair to ask a freshman to do what he was asked to do....it'll be nice to let him have another year of seasoning, learning the offense, and then taking over after Swogger is done.

I mean, lets be real: At least if Swogger can't go, it's not Washington taking the helm... :eek:

Agreed. :eek: CB could very well be a very good QB. He was not Muriatta or Lulay as a frosh, but not too many are.

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Agreed. :eek: CB could very well be a very good QB. He was not Muriatta or Lulay as a frosh, but not too many are.

Hell, for the past two years, MURIETTA hasn't been Murietta as a Frosh... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

He looks good this year, though! We all'd better watch out! :eek: :eek:

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Hopefully Cole Bergquist has a good game if he plays. Griz would be better off if he can produce and stay the starter.