PDA

View Full Version : Best player you saw play against your team last year

AmsterBison
June 12th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'm going with Wofford's Eric Breitenstein.

But there were a lot of great ones: Shakir Bell (Indiana State), Richard Sincere (Sam Houston State), Jerick McKinnon (Georgia Southern), Darnell Taylor (Sam Houston State), etc.

Gil Dobie
June 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I would agree with Breitenstein, with McKinnon a close second.

NDSUstudent
June 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM

But there were a lot of great ones: Shakir Bell (Indiana State), Richard Sincere (Sam Houston State), Jerick McKinnon (Georgia Southern), Darnell Taylor (Sam Houston State), etc.

Eric Breitenstein was the best player we went up against. Reminded me of Tyler Roehl.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Don't know what it was about that Youyoute kid but he came pretty close to blowing the whole deal in that semi. Deadly passer in spots.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Taylor Heinicke. No offense to NDSU, who doesn't really have any real standouts but just has a rock solid team.

AmsterBison
June 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Taylor Heinicke. No offense to NDSU, who doesn't really have any real standouts but just has a rock solid team.

None taken. NDSU has always been like that. Even if they weren't, nobody really stood out against Georgia Southern in the last game.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 12th, 2013, 09:30 AM
None taken. NDSU has always been like that. Even if they weren't, nobody really stood out against Georgia Southern in the last game.

One might say that is why the last play on 4th and 3 was so beautiful. They kept lining up in the same formation and 2 time outs later, they still couldn't stop it.

citdog
June 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
The Bear Jew from Wofford College.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zwhFwuPk7I&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6z whFwuPk7I&has_verified=1

blueballs
June 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
My top 5...

1) Murray from UGA
2) Price from App State
3) Jensen from NDSU
4) Heineke from ODU
5) Tull from UTC

... but in truth the real best player for GSU's opponents in 2012 was whoever was kicking FG's for GSU.

SpeedkingATL
June 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Aaron Mellette- WR/Elon had a monster game against App. Honorable mention goes to Dan Morgan RB/Montana who ran over, around and through the App defense.

VBR_Productions
June 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM

From Old Dominion's perspective, it's a tie between McKinnon (even though he had fewer yards than Swope) and Villanova's John Robertson. New Hampshire's RJ Harris and Nico Steriti had themselves great performances against the Monarchs as well.

eaglewraith
June 12th, 2013, 10:04 AM

Surprised Britenstein gets the nod over McKinnon. Your guys looked lost trying to take Jerrick down at times. He gained more yards (at about the same average) and led the team to 20 points whereas Wofford scored no offensive points at all.

Just curious. I've never seen Britenstein be that impressive against us.

mgbison
June 12th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I'd also give the nod to Britenstein. It seems like Mckinnon will get his yards, but he's gonna fumble and his fumble in the third quarter resulted in a Bison TD and on the final drive the backup QB comes in (because Mckinnon can't pass) and completes a pass to put the team in feild goal range. Then Mckinnon fumbles again and GSU loses 5 to 7 yards and they are out of field goal position.

Mckinnon is a good player, but not the best I saw last year.

Darnell Taylor is name that should be brought up more. When he got hurt Sam's defense struggled. When Taylor was out, we could run the ball outside, when he was in the game he basically shut that down.

citdog
June 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Aaron Mellette- WR/Elon had a monster game against App. Honorable mention goes to Dan Morgan RB/Montana who ran over, around and through the App defense.

guess you are forgetting Cadet Ben Dupree. I'll refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

CID1990
June 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I thought Swope was the best player I saw play against us last year. Or am I confusing him with someone else?

walliver
June 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Ben Dupree
Admittedly, due to work obligations I only saw the Lincoln, Citadel, Chatty, and UNH games (and maybe one other I can't remember).
Ben Dupree single-handedly kept the Citadel in the game on a couple of plays where most players would have been down but he somehow kept his feet.
(Ben would look a lot better dressed in black:))

Tribe4SF
June 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Taylor Heinicke from ODU.

lionsrking2
June 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Zach Zenner, RB, South Dakota State gets my vote by a wide margin. Jessie Grandy from UCA is probably next because of his deep threat ability - was the difference in our game last year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Surprised Britenstein gets the nod over McKinnon. Your guys looked lost trying to take Jerrick down at times. He gained more yards (at about the same average) and led the team to 20 points whereas Wofford scored no offensive points at all.

Just curious. I've never seen Britenstein be that impressive against us.

I watched both games and I would think the difference maker there is that Wofford wasn't able to do as much on the corners and thus there was more pressure up the middle. Breitenstein was practically carrying that offense down the field by himself.

eaglewraith
June 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I watched both games and I would think the difference maker there is that Wofford wasn't able to do as much on the corners and thus there was more pressure up the middle. Breitenstein was practically carrying that offense down the field by himself.

But even then, he didn't really do much.

Also, you just described our game against them in 2011 as well.

eaglewraith
June 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I thought Swope was the best player I saw play against us last year. Or am I confusing him with someone else?

He ripped ya'll up in the first half. Then you changed something on the DL that our inexperienced OL couldn't adjust to and he didn't look as good in the second half. But yea, Swope is a beast.

AmsterBison
June 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM

Yeah, McKinnon was really impressive - pretty sure that I've said on this board that he was the best QB NDSU faced, but everybody knew Breitenstein was going to get the ball and he still got yards. Not even sure if he was at 100%.

gumby013
June 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah, McKinnon was really impressive - pretty sure that I've said on this board that he was the best QB NDSU faced, but everybody knew Breitenstein was going to get the ball and he still got yards. Not even sure if he was at 100%.

He shaved the beard, so wasn't at 100%.

chattownmocs
June 12th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Probably McKinnon. Anybody GSU has running the ball is pretty damn good honestly. We had some success against them later in the game but they are the only true threat to our defense this year in the conference.

asumike83
June 12th, 2013, 08:31 PM
The best player I saw against App last season in terms of body of work has to be EB at Wofford.

As far as who had the best individual game all year against us, that Dan Moore kid from Montana gets the nod. He was incredible, something like 240 all-purpose yards and completely carried their offense. Dupree from The Citadel came to mind as well, but that was more the entire team running all over the field than one guy standing out.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 12th, 2013, 09:21 PM
My head is pounding just thinking about the games I witnessed by Wofford's Eric Breitenstein, Towson's Terrance West and ODU's Taylor Heinicke. xrotatehx xrotatehx

I'll give the nod to Taylor with his record setting performance! But to think that 247 and 236 yard rushing performances have to take second and third fiddle is amazing!! xeekx xholyx

seantaylor
June 13th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Heineke by a long shot. Easily the best QB we played last year.

SpeedkingATL
June 13th, 2013, 08:11 AM

Actually the whole damn Citdog offense had a field day against App.

PaladinFan
June 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
My head is pounding just thinking about the games I witnessed by Wofford's Eric Breitenstein, Towson's Terrance West and ODU's Taylor Heinicke. xrotatehx xrotatehx

I'll give the nod to Taylor with his record setting performance! But to think that 247 and 236 yard rushing performances have to take second and third fiddle is amazing!! xeekx xholyx

Britenstein was always a lot of fun to watch. You would never rank him among the great athletes, but his yards after first contact was incredible. He had a great quick step out of the hole, would run right through arm tackles, and would finish off his runs bowling over any defensive backs unfortunate enough to be in his way.

He's not as big and strong as some of the great SoCon backs (Felton, Peterson, Ivory), and not as shifty as some of the quick guys (Richardson, Foster), but he was about as good as it gets when combining the two.

blueballs
June 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I forgot one who should be in the top 5 from last year and this guy might be one of the mast under rated players in the country: the DB from Samford named Tart. He is a certified badass.

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Zach Zenner, RB, South Dakota State gets my vote by a wide margin. Jessie Grandy from UCA is probably next because of his deep threat ability - was the difference in our game last year.

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Borrowed from TAILG8R on Bisonville. :D

BigTimeTimmyJim
June 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Shakir Bell (Indiana State) has impressed me in every game so far! That kid has got some moves! I think he could make an NFL roster when he's done with college ball.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Shakir Bell (Indiana State) has impressed me in every game so far! That kid has got some moves! I think he could make an NFL roster when he's done with college ball.

I really wanted to see what he could do but he has had two bad games against the Bison. Went so far as to drive out to Terre Haute to see him in person.

344Johnson
June 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I really wanted to see what he could do but he has had two bad games against the Bison. Went so far as to drive out to Terre Haute to see him in person.

I don't think he had a bad game against the Bison this year...not great stats but made some big plays when he needed to.

Horseshoe App
June 15th, 2013, 07:09 PM
We really aren't forgetting him. I guess when The Citadel actually wins one the few Citadel fans want to keep remembering it. If I remembered every ASU player that actually kicked The Citadel's ass in our many victories over you, I would have to write a long list. Honestly,you guys dwell on one victory more than any fan base I know. If we went touchdown ASU as many times as you guys have went after one win, it would be ridiculous. I am glad you are proud about your win. By the way, how did that playoff run go? Yes, we lost in the first round, but at least we made it. Of course, you guys might make it this year with GSU and ASU not eligible.

HailSzczur
June 15th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Miguel Maysonet. He had a field day with our D-line. Most dominate offensive player I saw all season. Following up maysonet is the entire SBU O-Line

Heinicke played well against us, but didn't look nearly as good as his season stats suggested

CID1990
June 15th, 2013, 08:11 PM
We really aren't forgetting him. I guess when The Citadel actually wins one the few Citadel fans want to keep remembering it. If I remembered every ASU player that actually kicked The Citadel's ass in our many victories over you, I would have to write a long list. Honestly,you guys dwell on one victory more than any fan base I know. If we went touchdown ASU as many times as you guys have went after one win, it would be ridiculous. I am glad you are proud about your win. By the way, how did that playoff run go? Yes, we lost in the first round, but at least we made it. Of course, you guys might make it this year with GSU and ASU not eligible.

Touchdown Citadel!

Sent from the center of the universe.

zilla
June 15th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Maysonet from Stony Brook

BisonFan02
June 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Touchdown Citadel!

My OH My! :D

Horseshoe App
June 16th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Touchdown Citadel!

It never ends:)

Apphole
June 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Showing up asleep for the El CID game last year was an act of philanthropy. Having that win to hang their hat on for the forseable future will sustain that terrible program's fans during the next phase of eternal suck-dom that has characterized ****adel football for the past decade.

It feels good to give back.

Touchdown Citadel.

Lehigh'98
June 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Well this thread has degraded. I only saw Lehigh play Columbia and Lafayette in person, not much to write home about. I saw (on tv) Colgate's Oline brutalize us on every short yardage situation so ill give them the nod.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Well this thread has degraded. I only saw Lehigh play Columbia and Lafayette in person, not much to write home about. I saw (on tv) Colgate's Oline brutalize us on every short yardage situation so ill give them the nod.

The best individual player Lehigh faced was Princeton's DL Mike Catapano imo. Gavin McCarney would probably be the second best.

Silenoz
June 17th, 2013, 01:50 PM
In no particular order, Brad Sorenson, Zach Bauman, Sean Price and Brandon Kaufman.

McNeese72
June 17th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Flanders/Sincere/Bell

Doc

NoDak 4 Ever
June 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I don't think he had a bad game against the Bison this year...not great stats but made some big plays when he needed to.

Izzo had a pretty crazy stat - Only 5 rushing TDs all last year against the Bison. Most importantly:

David Johnson at UNI, Jamaine Cook at Youngstown, Shakir Bell at Indiana State, Zach Zenner at SDSU, Eric Breitenstein at Wofford, Dominique Swope at Georgia Southern and Tim Flanders at Sam Houston State. Those are the best in this division and none of them scored a touchdown against NDSU last year.

That's nuts

chattownmocs
June 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Huesman is the better QB, Robinson is the better WR, those will be their primary positions over the next few years.

BisonFan02
June 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Izzo had a pretty crazy stat - Only 5 rushing TDs all last year against the Bison. Most importantly:

That's nuts

Swope did have a receiving TD though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM

That's nuts

The crazy thing is that if the defense does not suffer any significant injuries, they could be better this year.

I'm expecting a few shutouts this year.

Houndawg
June 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Shakir Bell by a pretty good margin.

eaglewraith
June 17th, 2013, 06:14 PM
That's nuts

Swope did score a TD. Might not have been a rushing TD, but he did score.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 17th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Swope did score a TD. Might not have been a rushing TD, but he did score.

My fault for clipping the post up for presentation. The whole blog post was only about the stat as it pertained to rushing TD's.

That's still pretty nuts. The only teams that Swope didn't get a rushing TD were UGA, UCA and NDSU.

eaglewraith
June 17th, 2013, 06:28 PM
My fault for clipping the post up for presentation. The whole blog post was only about the stat as it pertained to rushing TD's.

That's still pretty nuts. The only teams that Swope didn't get a rushing TD were UGA, UCA and NDSU.

Fair enough. We weren't depending on Swope as heavily in the game this year, our gains came out on the perimeter which is where we make more big plays anyway. I wasn't surprised to see him not get a rushing TD actually.

But yea....unfortunately your defense was good enough to make us pay for our mistakes. We had you on the ropes and your defense turned the tide.

seantaylor
June 18th, 2013, 03:32 AM
McKinnon cut the NDSU defense up. Still laugh at some of our fans who thought there would be no difference in the option when JM took over for Jaybo. This year our offense is going to be unstoppable. Defense and ST are the questions.

PaladinFan
June 18th, 2013, 05:17 AM
McKinnon cut the NDSU defense up. Still laugh at some of our fans who thought there would be no difference in the option when JM took over for Jaybo. This year our offense is going to be unstoppable. Defense and ST are the questions.

You say that every single season.

Of course there is a difference in the option with a different style of quarterback, but the numbers show that the Eagle offense was better with Jaybo Shaw that it was under McKinnon. In 2011 GSU scored 492 points (35.1 ppg) and 483 points (34.5 ppg) in 2012. GSU managed one more touchdown in 2012 in the same number of games, and I suppose you can make an argument that if the Eagles had a player that resembled a kicker they might have improved on those numbers.

Still, subjectively, the Eagle offense was exactly the same under McKinnon as it was under Shaw. There might be distinctions from the stands like "well, we run the ball more," or "he's faster than Shaw," but the reality is the offense was virtually identical in 2012 statistically, if not marginally worse.

eaglewraith
June 18th, 2013, 06:14 AM

Of course there is a difference in the option with a different style of quarterback, but the numbers show that the Eagle offense was better with Jaybo Shaw that it was under McKinnon. In 2011 GSU scored 492 points (35.1 ppg) and 483 points (34.5 ppg) in 2012. GSU managed one more touchdown in 2012 in the same number of games, and I suppose you can make an argument that if the Eagles had a player that resembled a kicker they might have improved on those numbers.

Still, subjectively, the Eagle offense was exactly the same under McKinnon as it was under Shaw. There might be distinctions from the stands like "well, we run the ball more," or "he's faster than Shaw," but the reality is the offense was virtually identical in 2012 statistically, if not marginally worse.

And I'd say the OL had more of an impact on those numbers last year than who was at QB. We were really struggling with that part of the offense early on in the year.

Lehigh'98
June 18th, 2013, 06:31 AM

I've never seen Jaybo play, but the problem with judging everything on averages is that you can run the score up in the easy games to pad the stats. I would argue that stats in bigger games and situations mean much more than overall avg.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2013, 06:50 AM

Was there a difference on January 5? Nope.

Sammy94
June 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Johnny Football

Gil Dobie
June 18th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Adrian Peterson twice against the Packers ;)

813Jag
June 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Probably either UAPB QB Ben Anderson or Jackson St WR Rico Richardson

PaladinFan
June 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I've never seen Jaybo play, but the problem with judging everything on averages is that you can run the score up in the easy games to pad the stats. I would argue that stats in bigger games and situations mean much more than overall avg.

I agree with that. I mean, if you assume they are out there padding stats, then fine. They aren't, though. Unless, of course, you are coach Monken who goes for two against Furman with the game in hand ostensibly because he does not trust his kicker, and then runs out some water boy in Fargo to try and win it from 35 yards out. But, I digress.

Shaw could play. McKinnon can play. They are different styles of quarterback. Both are good athletes. McKinnon does not have Shaw's arm. Shaw didn't have McKinnon's legs. I can tell you from years of watching Georgia Southern play, their offense is scariest when they can beat you with the pass when they want to.

344Johnson
June 18th, 2013, 09:58 AM

McKinnon looked like a quality player. Unstoppable offense? Meh.

blueballs
June 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I agree with that. I mean, if you assume they are out there padding stats, then fine. They aren't, though. Unless, of course, you are coach Monken who goes for two against Furman with the game in hand ostensibly because he does not trust his kicker, and then runs out some water boy in Fargo to try and win it from 35 yards out. But, I digress.

Shaw could play. McKinnon can play. They are different styles of quarterback. Both are good athletes. McKinnon does not have Shaw's arm. Shaw didn't have McKinnon's legs. I can tell you from years of watching Georgia Southern play, their offense is scariest when they can beat you with the pass when they want to.

GSU's o-line was a work in progress last year... they lost some real good seniors including Maxwell and Moore- two all americans- and had to re-tool. The move of Wilcox to safety hurt too because he was the best receiver and best blocker on the outside- and was a darned good runner too. Also, remember that McKinnon didn't take over until the fourth game so the offense was evolving over the course of the year.

You're exactly right about GSU being most dangerous when they are able to mix in the pass. If you go back and look at the GSU title teams they all averaged over 100 YPG through the air and had the ability to make the defense pay for loading up on the LOS. The play that turned the GSU/FU game last year was the long pass to Walker.

GSU brings back just about the entire two deep on offense and if they are healthy what you saw late in the season and in the playoffs is a preview of what you should see in this year except that it should be better because they will be more comfortable in their roles and a year older and stronger.

Now about that kicking game...................

PaladinFan
June 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I still think the 2004 offense was the most dangerous I can remember seeing. Chaz Williams and Jermaine Austin were something else. Frankly, I think they lost to Furman that season and then struggled in the playoffs precisely because their offense was so daggum good. By the time they reached the Furman game, I'm not sure the Eagle starters had played four quarters of football in any game all season. I mean, they were crushing teams.

GlassOnion
June 18th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I would never describe a triple option team as "unstoppable." Too often they do not have the passing game to complete their offense. The QB often lacks the arm or accuracy, or they lack the WRs. If they do have one or the other, a team with 2 good CBs can still lock them up man to man and load up to stop the run. Add a high octane offense, and it can get ugly. Ive never been a fan of a team that leans too heavily on one aspect of the offense and never will be.

BTW,

2012 #1 rushing, #8 total offense, GSU avg. 67 ypg passing, lost to App St.
2011 #2 rushing, #13 total offense, GSU avg. 112 ypg passing, lost to App St.
2010 #4 rushing, #63 total offense, GSU avg. 85 ypg passing, eeked out win over App St. in overtime. xcrazyx
2009... xasswhipx

blueballs
June 18th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I still think the 2004 offense was the most dangerous I can remember seeing. Chaz Williams and Jermaine Austin were something else. Frankly, I think they lost to Furman that season and then struggled in the playoffs precisely because their offense was so daggum good. By the time they reached the Furman game, I'm not sure the Eagle starters had played four quarters of football in any game all season. I mean, they were crushing teams.

There might be some merit to that, but your special teams that game were just incredible. How many times did GSU take possession inside their own 5? It was uncanny.

blueballs
June 18th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I would never describe a triple option team as "unstoppable." Too often they do not have the passing game to complete their offense. The QB often lacks the arm or accuracy, or they lack the WRs. If they do have one or the other, a team with 2 good CBs can still lock them up man to man and load up to stop the run. Add a high octane offense, and it can get ugly. Ive never been a fan of a team that leans too heavily on one aspect of the offense and never will be.

BTW,

2012 #1 rushing, #8 total offense, GSU avg. 67 ypg passing, lost to App St.
2011 #2 rushing, #13 total offense, GSU avg. 112 ypg passing, lost to App St.
2010 #4 rushing, #63 total offense, GSU avg. 85 ypg passing, eeked out win over App St. in overtime. xcrazyx
2009... xasswhipx

GSU didn't run the triple in 2009... That was an embarrassing season in general.

Your point about the passing is well taken though. Even in 2011 when they threw the ball better they threw a horrible int that led directly to App's first score. Last year it was all about the lack of kicking and Sean Price.

PaladinFan
June 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
There might be some merit to that, but your special teams that game were just incredible. How many times did GSU take possession inside their own 5? It was uncanny.

It's hard to attribute a win to the kickers, but GSU spent most of the first half inside their own 20 it seemed.

I hope Sewak still has that extra timeout saved in a desk drawer somewhere.

GlassOnion
June 18th, 2013, 02:22 PM
GSU didn't run the triple in 2009... That was an embarrassing season in general.

Your point about the passing is well taken though. Even in 2011 when they threw the ball better they threw a horrible int that led directly to App's first score. Last year it was all about the lack of kicking and Sean Price.

Had to include 2009 to make myself feel better about 2010. xshhhx

eaglewraith
June 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM

BTW,

2012 #1 rushing, #8 total offense, GSU avg. 67 ypg passing, lost to App St. Socon Champs and Semifinal Appearance
2011 #2 rushing, #13 total offense, GSU avg. 112 ypg passing, lost to App St. Socon Champs and Semifinal Appearance
2010 #4 rushing, #63 total offense, GSU avg. 85 ypg passing, eeked out win over App St. in overtime. xcrazyx Semifinal Appearance
2009... xasswhipx

I know App fans like to concentrate on our games only during the last 3 years, but there was a lot more that our team accomplished outside of one single game each year.

I wouldn't say we eeked out that win in 2010 any more than you eeked out a win this year. In 2010 we gave you a short field for your first TD then you drove the field on your next possession, but other than that ya'll didn't do anything. Much like us this year, we jumped on ya'll fast and then ya'll slowed us down enough to go ahead.

GlassOnion
June 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I know App fans like to concentrate on our games only during the last 3 years, but there was a lot more that our team accomplished outside of one single game each year.

I wouldn't say we eeked out that win in 2010 any more than you eeked out a win this year. In 2010 we gave you a short field for your first TD then you drove the field on your next possession, but other than that ya'll didn't do anything. Much like us this year, we jumped on ya'll fast and then ya'll slowed us down enough to go ahead.

Thats funny, considering GSU fans dont like to talk about the non-option years. Without dusting off the archives, the past 3 years is pretty much what we've got.

eaglewraith
June 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Thats funny, considering GSU fans dont like to talk about the non-option years. Without dusting off the archives, the past 3 years is pretty much what we've got.

It sucks that we've lost to you the last 2 years, but there has definitely been an unhealthy obsession about the results of the past 2 years from certain App posters. Kinda like how we acted in 2007, so I guess we've come full circle.

seantaylor
June 19th, 2013, 01:38 AM

Stop talking. Jaybo was nowhere near the QB McKinnon is. Jaybo would never have started on any of the Erk, PJ, or Sewak teams.

seantaylor
June 19th, 2013, 01:40 AM

Appy can't win a game in the playoffs at home. Game over man

Saint3333
June 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Guess that really doesn't matter now huh?

Apphole
June 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSjKNS9yKvg

eaglewraith
June 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSjKNS9yKvg

He definitely runs some good routes.

I also saw a lot of horrible technique in the secondary in that video that I haven't noticed before cause I was too pissed after the game. Looks like Nick Wright got picked on a good bit, and Valdon Cooper was playing off a little too much.

Apphole
June 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
He definitely runs some good routes.

I also saw a lot of horrible technique in the secondary in that video that I haven't noticed before cause I was too pissed after the game. Looks like Nick Wright got picked on a good bit, and Valdon Cooper was playing off a little too much.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGYWnLOqRRiD817qW1NL7bv8gfZSWAm TY-KtkXbLN8bUW4cecH

One does not simply cover Sean Price.

phoenix3
June 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM

Breitenstein carried our defense down the field by himself. Definately the best I saw last year. Although Giovanni Bernard was a very close second.

Twentysix
June 19th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I was tempted to give it to the bear jew. But the single best performance by an opposing player against NDSU in 2012 was hands down Johnny Towalid. Any NDSU fan who has another name has a short memory.

Twentysix
June 19th, 2013, 05:28 PM
For those of you who are scratching their heads going who the **** was that, Johnny Towalid was/is a defensive back for Indiana State University who scored 2 interception touchdowns to lead the Sycamores to the only defeat of the ndsu bison in 2012.

Is he a great player? I have no idea he could be terrible. But on that particular day he was able to facilitate a win over the bison for his team. No one else could do it.

BEAR
June 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Casey Brockman...QB for Murray State. Dude wouldn't be tackled for ANYTHING!

His stats from that game.. 41/63 445 yards passing. Sacked 5 times but his line didn't help him. Kid had heart.