PDA

View Full Version : JMU's Backup QB Quits Team

JMU Duke Dog
September 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Supposedly QB Rodney Landers has decided to quit the JMU football team this week. Some JMU people regard his as the most athletic one on the entire roster and even suggested moving him to WR. JMU brought in some good QB's in its freshman class and are also trying FS Tony LeZotte at WR. So if he has quit, then it was most likely due to playing time. The Dukes adding even more drama to this week full of surprises!

DB_Atlantic10
September 7th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Has this been validated......

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Supposedly QB Rodney Landers has decided to quit the JMU football team this week. Some JMU people regard his as the most athletic one on the entire roster and even suggested moving him to WR. JMU brought in some good QB's in its freshman class and are also trying FS Tony LeZotte at WR. So if he has quit, then it was most likely due to playing time. The Dukes adding even more drama to this week full of surprises!

WOW....AS DUH...."STOMACH TURNS"...............YA'LL ARE GIVIN' DUH HENS......UH....RUN!

DTSpider
September 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
That's ashame (assuming it's true).

Even if not playing QB, if he's so athletic you'd think he'd play on special teams. UR's 3rd string QB plays on special teams after competing for the starting QB role early in camp.

Attitude is everything and unfortunately it seems to be down in Harrisonburg...However, it's nothing a W down in Boone won't cure

jmufootball2
September 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
just curious as to why you would post this when it has not been confirmed. it may be true but wait untill it is official.

JMU Duke Dog
September 7th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I believe my source on the information.

Also, here is a description of this board:

This board is for general I-AA talk and topics, newspaper articles/scuttlebutt/speculation, and published "official" news. No smack. Low noise, reasoned opinions, and linked notices for the entire I-AA community. See the terms of service for rules.

ButlerGSU
September 7th, 2006, 05:14 PM
If a player quits like that do they repay their scholarship?

jmuroller
September 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I know for a fact this isn't true. Saw Rodney at D-Hall tonight and he had his Purple Nike Jacket on with all the other football players. Almost 20 of them were sitting together.

JMU2004
September 7th, 2006, 09:02 PM
my "advisors" say the same.... Rodney will be on the bus to ASU tommorrow

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: wow...I am relieved!!!

JMU Duke Dog
September 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, Rodney Landers is still playing on the JMU football team. My apologies for posting this a bit early; however, the source had good information in the past. I guess this individual has lost credibility today. If a moderator wants to remove this thread, then please go ahead and do so. :o

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
DAWGS......DUH RUMOR MILL........GOT YA'LL EDGY........CHILL...RELAX.....YER FORMER CHAMPS.......NO FEAR LADS......DEY'RE...NOT ANY BETTERAH DAN.....NEW HAMPSHIRE.....UMASS.....HEY....LOOK AT IT AS ...'NOTHERAH A-10 WAR.....YA'LL CAN TAKE 'EM.............REMEMBERAH DUH..'04...ROAD WINS..........BRAWK!