PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a homeless, 1-A QB?

kdinva
May 31st, 2013, 04:58 PM
http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/mike-london-announces-qb-sims-ineligible/article_e054f442-ca08-11e2-8aae-0019bb30f31a.html

Pard4Life
May 31st, 2013, 05:01 PM
http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/mike-london-announces-qb-sims-ineligible/article_e054f442-ca08-11e2-8aae-0019bb30f31a.html

It will be curious to see where London's fired staff will be employed... because they may possibly be destinations for Sims. London shifted the blame for their poor season onto many of his fired staff members, analysts say.

Engineer86
May 31st, 2013, 06:43 PM
If only KC was still around ...

Lehigh Football Nation
May 31st, 2013, 07:21 PM
“The thing we tell the young men who come to the University of Virginia to receive a world-class education and play for our football program is pretty simple,” London said. “Go to class. Show class and treat people with dignity and respect. Those directions are pretty easy to follow and they will lead you on a path of success.

“When an individual strays from those directions, it is very disappointing to me. Phillip Sims did not make the commitment he needed to succeed here."

Mike London. Great coach.

heath
May 31st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Sims was a great recruit out of Va Beach area his senior year( 4-5 star)and was recruited by Al Groh and UVa by his son Mike. Mike got fired to save Dads job and wound up at Alabama. Sims followed the younger Groh there.Sims had his chances at Alabama then came home after reading the writing on the wall.London gave him every chance to win the QB job,but really looked sporadic when given his chances to play.(UVa ran duel QBs). Might see him move closer to home and try to play at ODU once Heinicke finishes. Makes you wounder once again about the rating system.

heath
May 31st, 2013, 07:35 PM
“The thing we tell the young men who come to the University of Virginia to receive a world-class education and play for our football program is pretty simple,” London said. “Go to class. Show class and treat people with dignity and respect. Those directions are pretty easy to follow and they will lead you on a path of success.

“When an individual strays from those directions, it is very disappointing to me. Phillip Sims did not make the commitment he needed to succeed here."

Mike London. Great coach.

Mike London is not a great coach. He inherited the Richmond team that won,and has done nothing since. He has recruited well the last 3 years,but he is no George Welsh when trying to turn a program around. Just look the record and the attendance over the past 3 years.

bjtheflamesfan
May 31st, 2013, 09:32 PM
One of the beat writers for VT who is also familiar with UVa speculates that he may head for Norfolk State

Tribe4SF
June 1st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Sims reportedly had a poor work ethic at UVA, and the academic issue supports that. Being ineligible at UVA, he may have difficulty playing in 2013. Will only have one year to play after that.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 1st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Mike London is not a great coach. He inherited the Richmond team that won,and has done nothing since. He has recruited well the last 3 years,but he is no George Welsh when trying to turn a program around. Just look the record and the attendance over the past 3 years.

Correct on all fronts.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 1st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Give coach London time. That quote tells you he's one of the good ones.

Tribe4SF
June 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM

Richmond fans were bitter about his departure, but I agree he's a good guy. It's put up, or shut up time for him though. He's had enough time to get that program together. If they don't show real progress this year I think he's in trouble.

asumike83
June 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM
I don't think anyone disagrees that he is a good guy but doing things the right way will only buy you so much time.

WestCoastAggie
June 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
One of the beat writers for VT who is also familiar with UVa speculates that he may head for Norfolk State

That's what I am hearing as well.

LeadBolt
June 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Coaching ability: George Welsh>Mike London>Al Groh

heath
June 1st, 2013, 08:50 PM

WOW,.......once again you stick your nose into something you have NO clue of. Being a nice guy or making a nice quote DOES NOT make you a good coach. Please do your homework before posting nonsensexthumbsupx Can't wait for the next BS thread:(

Lehigh Football Nation
June 1st, 2013, 11:48 PM
WOW,.......once again you stick your nose into something you have NO clue of. Being a nice guy or making a nice quote DOES NOT make you a good coach. Please do your homework before posting nonsensexthumbsupx Can't wait for the next BS thread:(

You don't have to read my posts if you don't want to. Thanks for reading!

Libertine
June 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
You don't have to read my posts if you don't want to. Thanks for reading!

You have 12,000+ posts (mostly gibberish) and have started whole nonsensical threads whose only apparent purpose is to pad your post count. Further, you show no signs of letting up.

But "you guys like totally don't have to read my posts if you don't want to".

Yeaaaaah. Passive-aggressive much?

spdram
June 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
The latest I have heard is Sims to Liberty. BTW most Richmond fans are over the manner in which London left UR for UVA and wish him luck.

Accelerati Incredibilus
June 3rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
I sure hope some Big Time 1-A grad student QB shows up in Boone. I'm pretty sure Jackson's knee hasn't healed properly and he will need a medical redshirt year to get back to 100%. xeyebrowx I'm also hearing Tony Washington & Andrew Peacock were hurt badly in the Spring Game xshhhx and will require a medical redshirt year to recover. xliarx All these injuries will put a real damper on the SoCon Farewell Tour xhurrayx, but hopefully the injuries will be healed enough for these guys to come back for the 2014 opener vs Michigan and App's first Sun Belt season. xsmiley_wix

bjtheflamesfan
June 4th, 2013, 07:15 AM
We've been discussing Sims to Liberty at length on FlameFans...we are also hearing rumors of Clifton Richardson considering coming to "Liberty mountain" as well