PDA

View Full Version : This just in: UNH not in Div I

HensRock
September 6th, 2006, 01:30 PM
From the Northwestern Athletic site:

The Game
Coming off an emotional 21-3 season-opening victory at Miami (Ohio), Northwestern returns home to face NCAA Division I-AA power New Hampshire at 1 p.m. this Saturday at Ryan Field. This is the only the second time in Northwestern football history that the Wildcats are facing a non-Division I school in the modern era. New Hampshire, which has yet to play in 2006, is ranked No. 2 nationally among I-AA programs.

NU Athletics article (http://nusports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090406aab.html)

goasu984Life
September 6th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Nice. Glad to see that Northwestern officials are so smart, they can just change the rules of the NCAA without anyone knowing it.

Hansel
September 6th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Nice work by the SID- hope UNH spanks 'em

saint0917
September 6th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I was going to email the person who wrote the article, but there's no name or email address. :mad: xidiotx

dbackjon
September 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM
What a Maroon. My Mom must be proud of the school she got two Master's degrees at.

September 6th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I called the SID and notified him. He thought it said I-A and said he would change it.

mainejeff
September 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I wonder if Northwestern would use the same terminology if they lose to UNH?......."Northwestern's 1st loss to a non-Division 1 team ever....."

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I bet the post-script would read "Northwestern loses to the #1 ranked team in Division 1......"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DUPFLFan
September 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM
It's been changed...

"This is only the second time in Northwestern football history that the Wildcats are facing a non-Division I-A school in the modern era. New Hampshire,"

Hansel
September 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
at least they fixed it :)

GaSouthern
September 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I wish UNH would smoke them!

September 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM
at least they fixed it :)The SID seemed like a nice guy and was rather mortified at the mistake. Of course he has to greet me face to face on Saturday. :)

Go...gate
September 6th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Mark Murphy, the NW AD, who was Colgate's AD until two years ago, should have known better, and Marty Scarano, who worked for Murphy at Colgate, should give him hell for it.

igo4uni
September 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Of course he has to greet me face to face on Saturday. :)

Well, lucky him!! :nod: :nod:

cosmo here
September 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Mark Murphy, the NW AD, who was Colgate's AD until two years ago, should have known better, and Marty Scarano, who worked for Murphy at Colgate, should give him hell for it.

I don't think Mark Murphy wrote (or read) the game notes though. I'm sure it was an honest mistake . . lets let go of our inferiority complex sometime guys.

September 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
... lets let go of our inferiority complex sometime guys.I think it is more a persecution complex that is fully warranted.

cosmo here
September 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I think it is more a persecution complex that is fully warranted.

I don't think it's a conspiracy that includes the Northwestern SID though :)