PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Montana St article

AppGuy04
September 6th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I think its kind of a slap in the face that they publish how much money the Bobcats got for that game. We all know I-AA's get paid for these games, but is it really necessary to point it out. What more can you expect from ESPN though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573379

BOZEMAN, Mont. -- Along with pulling off one of the biggest upsets in program history, the Montana State Bobcats earned $275,000 with their 19-10 road win Saturday over Colorado.

CatFan22
September 6th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I've never really seen this as a "slap in the face", but I have to agree that it is a little bit unnecessary to publish something like this. The article also makes Colorado look a little bad.

McNeese72
September 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I think its kind of a slap in the face that they publish how much money the Bobcats got for that game. We all know I-AA's get paid for these games, but is it really necessary to point it out. What more can you expect from ESPN though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2573379

BOZEMAN, Mont. -- Along with pulling off one of the biggest upsets in program history, the Montana State Bobcats earned $275,000 with their 19-10 road win Saturday over Colorado.

I'm a little surprised. I would have thought a team like Colorado would have paid about twice that much. I think since the demand for CS teams to supply games for BS teams is high, we need to start negotiating better guarantees.

Doc

henfan
September 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I'm a little surprised. I would have thought a team like Colorado would have paid about twice that much. I think since the demand for CS teams to supply games for BS teams is high, we need to start negotiating better guarantees.

Doc

Doc, seriously, the price of I-AA guarantees will continue to rise, so long as we don't do anything as silly as upping our schedule to 12 games. Either our guarantees are going to go up or the WAC/MAC/SBC are going to have to come down off of their demands.

Our schools should be able to continue undercutting the WAC/MAC/SBC types for guarantees and still do OK. The jack Youngstown is getting from Ohio State is an example of where this thing may be headed.

UCABEARS75
September 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Doc

Hey Doc,

Maybe they would have gotten more if they had checked the "Promise Not To Win" box on the contract.

JALMOND
September 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Regardless of what Montana State, Portland State or Richmond got this weekend in terms of dollars, in return, each of those schools should send Colorado, New Mexico and Duke a CD of Steve Miller singing "Go on, take the money and run".

You pay the money but you still have to play the game. Otherwise, Colorado could schedule Colorado Mines, New Mexico could play New Mexico Highlands and Duke could play Savannah State.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Regardless of what Montana State, Portland State or Richmond got this weekend in terms of dollars, in return, each of those schools should send Colorado, New Mexico and Duke a CD of Steve Miller singing "Go on, take the money and run".

You pay the money but you still have to play the game. Otherwise, Colorado could schedule Colorado Mines, New Mexico could play New Mexico Highlands and Duke could play Savannah State.

I'll take Savannah State plus the points in that one..... :o :p

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM

I'll take Savannah State plus the points in that one.... :o :o :p