Sat, Oct 11 Portland State * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 18 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Oct 25 Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah TBA

Sat, Nov 01 Eastern Washington * at Cheney, Wash. TBA

Sat, Nov 08 Weber State * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 15 Northern Arizona * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 22 Northern Colorado * at Greeley, Colo. TBA

* Conference game

12 games and you STILL can't get 6 @ home? Wow.

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
12 games and you STILL can't get 6 @ home? Wow.

We could consider USD a home game especially if its in Sioux Falls.

Bison06
May 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Sat, Aug 30 San Jose State at San Jose, Calif. TBA

Sat, Sep 06 Robert Morris Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Sep 13 Missouri State at Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Sep 20 South Dakota at Vermillion, SD

Sat, Sep 27 Montana State * at Bozeman, Mont. TBA

Sat, Oct 04 Montana * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 11 Portland State * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 18 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Oct 25 Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah TBA

Sat, Nov 01 Eastern Washington * at Cheney, Wash. TBA

Sat, Nov 08 Weber State * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 15 Northern Arizona * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 22 Northern Colorado * at Greeley, Colo. TBA

* Conference game

Ahhhh, I knew this day would come Darell and finally it has arrived.

Remember when all of you UND fans were on your high horse about how NDSU schedules a few year ago. And I said "give it a few years and UND will be scheduling the exact same way".

One lower level winnable FBS game and two(three in this case) very low level FCS warm up games.

No need to call me Nostradamus or anything like that. The feeling I get from being right is enough.

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM

Remember when all of you UND fans were on your high horse about how NDSU schedules a few year ago. And I said "give it a few years and UND will be scheduling the exact same way".

One lower level winnable FBS game and two(three in this case) very low level FCS warm up games.

No need to call me Nostradamus or anything like that. The feeling I get from being right is enough.

Really? All I hear is how mighty the MVFC is with their RPI and Sagarin ratings. Plus USD is cheap and no threat to backout which I am sure is on everyone's minds when they schedule (especially after the Montana St deal).

Bison06
May 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Really? All I hear is how mighty the MVFC is with their RPI and Sagarin ratings. Plus USD is cheap and no threat to backout which I am sure is on everyone's minds when they schedule (especially after the Montana St deal).

Oh please, you really think I'll let you off the hook that easy? Everyone in the FCS knows those are the two worst teams in the MVFC from year to year.

You can try and justify it any way you would like to, it won't change the facts. UND is now doing EXACTLY what they berated NDSU's administration for doing. And I for one find it hilarious.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM

You can't get people to the west side of Grand Forks for a home game and you think people are going to drive 300 miles for a game against USD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-p51fvYLc

Hambone
May 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
UND is not playing at USD in 2014. Northern Arizona is. So only 11 games for now.

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
UND is not playing at USD in 2014. Northern Arizona is. So only 11 games for now.

Looks like a printing error. They first reported UND now its NAU. Oh well a good 11 game schedule go far.

Hambone
May 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM

Just a point of order - I have never once said anything, negative or otherwise, about the scheduling philosophy of NDSU. Can't talk with the tomato cans we've had every year. I've only stated a desire to see some home/homes with various FCS teams :) So take back your "all of you UND fans" talk.......xblehx

Bison06
May 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Just a point of order - I have never once said anything, negative or otherwise, about the scheduling philosophy of NDSU. Can't talk with the tomato cans we've had every year. I've only stated a desire to see some home/homes with various FCS teams :) So take back your "all of you UND fans" talk.......xblehx

Fair enough, I absolve you from any involvement in that previous conversation.

344Johnson
May 24th, 2013, 05:10 PM

Lol'ed at this. So the game isn't on? Too bad. USD really coulda used a W. I seriously doubt UND has ever had a home game outside of Grand Forks.

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Lol'ed at this. So the game isn't on? Too bad. USD really coulda used a W. I seriously doubt UND has ever had a home game outside of Grand Forks.

I don't know 4-1 in the Fargodome seems like home field. ;)

344Johnson
May 24th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I don't know 4-1 in the Fargodome seems like home field. ;)

Next time in the dome will be so one-sided it'll make up for that I reckon.

dakotadan
May 24th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I'm guessing UND is shopping around for a FCS home/home that starts in GF for 2014. That would give us a nice 6 home - 6 away schedule next year.

I don't know if it will be possible to top the amazing schedule we have this year. 7 home games, 4 away with every game a FCS game.

2013 North Dakota Schedule
Thu, Aug 29 Valparaiso
Sat, Sep 07 South Dakota State (Potato Bowl USA)
Sat, Sep 14 Montana
Sat, Sep 28 Montana State *
Sat, Oct 05 @ Idaho State *
Sat, Oct 12 Eastern Washington (Homecoming) *
Sat, Oct 19 Sacramento State *
Sat, Oct 26 @ Portland State *
Sat, Nov 02 @ Northern Arizona *
Sat, Nov 09 Northern Colorado *
Sat, Nov 16 @ UC Davis *

dakotadan
May 24th, 2013, 06:11 PM

I have always said that I want to see UND's schedule start with a non/low scholarship program that is brought in for a one game deal as a warm up for the season. The rest of the non-con schedule should be filled with FCS home/homes. Personally, I don't even like to see FBS games on the schedule. Play an all FCS schedule and give yourself as many opportunities to win FCS games and make it into the playoffs. Maybe throw in a FBS game every third or fourth year, but only if it is a school that is going to excite the fan base, is by a large alumni base or has big name recognition.

IBleedYellow
May 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Why did I bother to even read this thread, I knew it would be an NDSU and little brother passing match.

Nexus 4

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Why did I bother to even read this thread, I knew it would be an NDSU and little brother passing match.

Nexus 4

What else would you expect when a UND thread is flooded with Bison fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
What else would you expect when a UND thread is flooded with Bison fans.

Did you expect your post to go unanswered? Or did you want the 4 UND fans just to talk amongst yourselves? If that's the case, you should have done this at SS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Did you expect your post to go unanswered? Or did you want the 4 UND fans just to talk amongst yourselves? If that's the case, you should have done this at SS.

Have you noticed all the other Big Sky fans on here??

I suppose if UND was a serious contender for the league title there would be more 'traffic'......:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM

darell.....You really think that UND travels as well as NDSU? Seriously?

dakotadan
May 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
darell.....You really think that UND travels as well as NDSU? Seriously?Where did darell say that UND travels as well as NDSU? I don't see that post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Where did darell say that UND travels as well as NDSU? I don't see that post.

Read his post. He said that it would be a UND 'home' game in SF. UND does not travel like NDSU does. UND might have 1K fans at a USD game.

dakotadan
May 24th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Exactly, he said a game with USD in Sioux Falls would be like a home game (not that I agree with him) but he never compared how UND's fan base travels to NDSU's. But you just keep up your trolling if it makes you feel better.

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Read his post. He said that it would be a UND 'home' game in SF. UND does not travel like NDSU does. UND might have 1K fans at a USD game.

I meant since its a neutral field and NOT in the Dakota Dome it would be like a home game (giving UND an advantage). I didn't say a word about traveling like NDSU, I said it because its a neutral field.

darell1976
May 24th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Have you noticed all the other Big Sky fans on here??

I suppose if UND was a serious contender for the league title there would be more 'traffic'......:D

Maybe others would post if it wouldn't get lost in a bunch of Bison posts, or not be made fun of if it appeared UND has a chance at a winning team. I tried not to turn the BSC prediction thread into a UND/NDSU war when I got made fun of for my prediction that UND would win the Big Sky. Bison fans can post if it can be worth something and not just another dick measuring contest.

CrazyCat
May 24th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Maybe others would post if it wouldn't get lost in a bunch of Bison posts, or not be made fun of if it appeared UND has a chance at a winning team. I tried not to turn the BSC prediction thread into a UND/NDSU war when I got made fun of for my prediction that UND would win the Big Sky. Bison fans can post if it can be worth something and not just another dick measuring contest.

Well said.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 25th, 2013, 04:43 AM

Here you go Darrel. By the way, I would have said the same thing if a Portland State poster would have predicted winning the Big Sky.

http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/13174/500.JPG

darell1976
May 25th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Here you go Darrel. By the way, I would have said the same thing if a Portland State poster would have predicted winning the Big Sky.

http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/13174/500.JPG

So if I or anyone else went to a conference prediction thread for the MVFC and picked anyone but NDSU to win it, that person would be tarred and feathered in a public square....wouldn't they? Because anyone can have an opinion unless it goes against NDSU or is positive towards UND.

frozennorth
May 25th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Exactly, he said a game with USD in Sioux Falls would be like a home game (not that I agree with him) but he never compared how UND's fan base travels to NDSU's. But you just keep up your trolling if it makes you feel better.
mental gymnastics gold medal winner right here. having it be like a home game would require a majority of fans be und fans, and to do that you would have to travel as well as NDSU.

frozennorth
May 25th, 2013, 06:12 AM
So if I or anyone else went to a conference prediction thread for the MVFC and picked anyone but NDSU to win it, that person would be tarred and feathered in a public square....wouldn't they? Because anyone can have an opinion unless it goes against NDSU or is positive towards UND.

going in to next year alot of people not related to NDSU or UND would tar and feather someone for not voting NDSU #1. I think its going to be pretty near unanimous, aside from a few socon dissenters.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
going in to next year alot of people not related to NDSU or UND would tar and feather someone for not voting NDSU #1. I think its going to be pretty near unanimous, aside from a few socon dissenters.

This. As for the UND Big Sky prediction. One need only look at Chattown predicting the SoCon for similar derision.

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM

Vote how you want, it's your opinion and you are actually entitled (I hate that word) to it.

Nexus 4

darell1976
May 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Vote how you want, it's your opinion and you are actually entitled (I hate that word) to it.

Nexus 4

I intend to vote how I want, do I think SU will win the Valley, yes. Do I think UND will win the BSC..yes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I intend to vote how I want, do I think SU will win the Valley, yes. Do I think UND will win the BSC..yes.

Seriously.....why do you think UND will win the BS this year?

Starting QB will be a RFR with no experience running the offense. The defense needs major improvement just to be mediocre. Running game??

I don't see a top 4 finish but you never know.

darell1976
May 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Seriously.....why do you think UND will win the BS this year?

Starting QB will be a RFR with no experience running the offense. The defense needs major improvement just to be mediocre. Running game??

I don't see a top 4 finish but you never know.

I gave my reasons in the BSC prediction thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I gave my reasons in the BSC prediction thread.

Just read those reasons. Good luck.

You think UND will start out 3-0. Beating SDSU and Montana will be a tall order. ZZ will probably run for over 200 against UND.

darell1976
May 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Just read those reasons. Good luck.

You think UND will start out 3-0. Beating SDSU and Montana will be a tall order. ZZ will probably run for over 200 against UND.

Guess we will find out in 4 months.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Guess we will find out in 4 months.

Remember what I said about 5 months ago now about ZZ and the game you guys play. ;)

darell1976
May 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Remember what I said about 5 months ago now about ZZ and the game you guys play. ;)

Remember when UND got a new DC. Like I said we will find out in 4 months.

WeAreNorthDakota
May 28th, 2013, 01:03 AM

I've always thought that if we don't have an annual non conference series with NDSU we should try to emulate their scheduling. Would've loved to get a chance to play Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Iowa before the B1G said no to FCS but I love the way our schedule looks over the next several years.

MplsBison
May 28th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I've always thought that if we don't have an annual non conference series with NDSU we should try to emulate their scheduling. Would've loved to get a chance to play Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Iowa before the B1G said no to FCS but I love the way our schedule looks over the next several years.

Well maybe after the first 12 year rotation of the College Football Playoff, things will loosen up enough that they'll let a new FBS conference form that NDSU, SDSU, UND, Montana, etc. can start.

Then maybe the B1G schools will play the Dakota schools again.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Well maybe after the first 12 year rotation of the College Football Playoff, things will loosen up enough that they'll let a new FBS conference form that NDSU, SDSU, UND, Montana, etc. can start.

Then maybe the B1G schools will play the Dakota schools again.

Until then, the rest of the FBS conferences will do.

MplsBison
May 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Until then, the rest of the FBS conferences will do.

Depends on how the FCS games skew the rankings in the selection committee's minds.

All it takes is one big name getting screwed over and FCS teams playing at the big schools is toast.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Depends on how the FCS games skew the rankings in the selection committee's minds.

All it takes is one big name getting screwed over and FCS teams playing at the big schools is toast.

The lower conference teams who have no prayer of the playoffs will still need enough wins to get into a bowl game. Enter the FCS.

Bisonator
May 28th, 2013, 12:24 PM
UND plays MT at home 3 straight years or is that a mistake?

MplsBison
May 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
The lower conference teams who have no prayer of the playoffs will still need enough wins to get into a bowl game. Enter the FCS.

Sure, so long as the NCAA maintains a rule requiring 6 wins in a 12/13 game season (championship game) to be eligible for a bowl game.

That's why I said big conferences.

But even still, conferences like the MAC and Sun Belt could conceivably mandate that a 9 game conference schedule is played and only FBS teams are scheduled non-conference.

Then, even if they lose all non-conference games you could still have quite a few teams that have at least 6 conference wins due to the large number of conference teams/games.

Hambone
May 28th, 2013, 01:48 PM
UND plays MT at home 3 straight years or is that a mistake?

It's correct. This year is a non-conference as the backend of the home/home from a couple years ago. The way the conference schedules were set up it called for Montana to visit UND in 2012 and 2014, and UND will go to Montana in 2015.

Bisonator
May 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM
It's correct. This year is a non-conference as the backend of the home/home from a couple years ago. The way the conference schedules were set up it called for Montana to visit UND in 2012 and 2014, and UND will go to Montana in 2015.

Wow, that sucks for MT! They'll get a good dose of ND nice for the next 2 years! xlolx

MplsBison
May 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Wow, that sucks for MT! They'll get a good dose of ND nice for the next 2 years! xlolx

Assuming they don't schedule an FBS game on those dates and have the big school pay off the measly $100k buy out.

darell1976
May 28th, 2013, 03:39 PM

The first game at Missoula was in 2010 before we were accepted into the Big Sky. A lot of rumors were flying around if UM was going to buyout the return game instead of playing at UND 3 years in a row...I'm glad they decided to play the game.

bojeta
May 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM

Don't want to nit-pick here, but San Jose State finished their season 11-2, won a bowl game and was ranked 21st in the major polls at the end of the 2012 season. Not exactly a "lower level winnable FBS game" at the moment.

UNDColorado
May 29th, 2013, 08:51 PM

Haha we will over power them with kindness and good deeds!

gotts
May 30th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Don't want to nit-pick here, but San Jose State finished their season 11-2, won a bowl game and was ranked 21st in the major polls at the end of the 2012 season. Not exactly a "lower level winnable FBS game" at the moment.

Yeah, I'd imagine the spread being in the range of 24-27 points when the time comes, so it would be a huge upset.

darell1976
May 30th, 2013, 09:02 AM

San Jose State will be the 3rd FBS California team we will have played in 4 years: Fresno State-2011, SDSU-2012, no FBS-2013, SJSU-2014. No Cali team in 2015 or 2016 (Wyoming and Bowling Green in those years). Its great exposure for UND who recruit in California. Plus UND has played those two teams close so SJSU may be another nail biter.

Bison06
May 30th, 2013, 09:15 AM

I don't want to nit-pick further, but UND likely didn't schedule this game after the the 2012 season. They scheduled a bottom feeder. One good season does not a program make. So yes, they did schedule a "lower level winnable FBS game"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_State_Spartans_football

Looks like they scheduled it in early 2012 after the 2011 season.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2012-02-03-4031740892_x.htm

When SJSU was coming off of this season.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=29301&SPID=2290&DB_OEM_ID=5600&DB_LANG=C&Q_SEASON=2011

And were likely in talks with SJSU to schedule the game following this season.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=29301&SPID=2290&DB_OEM_ID=5600&DB_LANG=C&Q_SEASON=2010

UNDColorado
May 30th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I don't want to nit-pick further, but UND likely didn't schedule this game after the the 2012 season. They scheduled a bottom feeder. One good season does not a program make. So yes, they did schedule a "lower level winnable FBS game"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_State_Spartans_football

Looks like they scheduled it in early 2012 after the 2011 season.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2012-02-03-4031740892_x.htm

When SJSU was coming off of this season.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=29301&SPID=2290&DB_OEM_ID=5600&DB_LANG=C&Q_SEASON=2011

You are correct, this game was scheduled before they got good. Also, the coach (forgot his name) who brought them to an 11-2 season is now the head coach at Colorado. I am definitely interested to see how SJSU does this year with a new coach.

Bison06
May 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I'd imagine the spread being in the range of 24-27 points when the time comes, so it would be a huge upset.

You do know this game is in 2014 right? You are predicting a spread based on many players who are still in high school. Hell UND may even have a new coaching staff by then.

UNDBIZ
May 30th, 2013, 10:03 AM
mental gymnastics gold medal winner right here. having it be like a home game would require a majority of fans be und fans, and to do that you would have to travel as well as NDSU.

You seem to be under the impression USD has fans.....xslapfightx

MplsBison
May 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
San Jose State will be the 3rd FBS California team we will have played in 4 years: Fresno State-2011, SDSU-2012, no FBS-2013, SJSU-2014. No Cali team in 2015 or 2016 (Wyoming and Bowling Green in those years). Its great exposure for UND who recruit in California. Plus UND has played those two teams close so SJSU may be another nail biter.

Like I've said before, in regards to NDSU's past California recruits: what kind of kid, who has grown up in California his entire life, played California football his entire life, lived in California weather his entire life --- is going to choose to come to North Dakota to play Division I football??

Point being...there are an awful lot of Division I programs within and between California and North Dakota, that would either have to pass on the kid or he would have to pass on.

Just seems like a waste of time to me....but that's only my opinion.

darell1976
May 30th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Like I've said before, in regards to NDSU's past California recruits: what kind of kid, who has grown up in California his entire life, played California football his entire life, lived in California weather his entire life --- is going to choose to come to North Dakota to play Division I football??

Point being...there are an awful lot of Division I programs within and between California and North Dakota, that would either have to pass on the kid or he would have to pass on.

Just seems like a waste of time to me....but that's only my opinion.

You do know there are other reasons people in Cali choose UND/NDSU and other northern schools over Cali schools like academics (UND has a top notch aviation program), family ( relatives that played for these schools) and of course depth. Why should a guy pick USC, or Cal Poly if there is zero chance of playing until their last year of being eligible. So UND playing out west gives the school more exposure than just sending film against a local team.

MplsBison
May 30th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, UND being in California every year helps sell the thing. I suppose that's a reasonable enough difference.

So my comments probably apply better to NDSU, in case they would be recruiting California players now. Which they don't appear to do anymore and that's just fine.

gotts
May 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
You do know this game is in 2014 right? You are predicting a spread based on many players who are still in high school. Hell UND may even have a new coaching staff by then.

Nope. Thought it was 2013. Obviously things will be different by then.

Spread might be up to 30 by that time :D