PDA

View Full Version : IN ST. over EIU??

birdsflyhigh
September 6th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Anyone willing to take a flyer on whether the IN St. Sycamores could make the short trip over to Charleston, IL and possibly upset the EIU Panthers?

The Sycs played fairly well on the road at Purdue last week. Hmmm...who knows? :eek:

RabidRabbit
September 6th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Anyone willing to take a flyer on whether the IN St. Sycamores could make the short trip over to Charleston, IL and possibly upset the EIU Panthers?

The Sycs played fairly well on the road at Purdue last week. Hmmm...who knows? :eek:

If this happens, and EKU falls to WKU (neither should occur, according to the polls), then there is reason to question OVC football.

Likewise, if the two Gateway teams win, then there isn't a "gimme" game in that conference. :twocents:

Like Elon's win over CCU, this could awaken interest in the In St U football.

Cocky
September 6th, 2006, 07:22 AM

After, Indiana State performance last week it is very possible. Also Clint Sellers is out for the game.

shakdaddy3
September 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM
with the spread offense they run it is hard to tell how many points they could put up... are they gonna put a bunch up against EIU which is known more so for defense than for offense or are they gonna lay an egg? if it's a high scoring game i'd give INSU the nod for a victory, but if it is a low scoring affair then i'd give the nod to EIU... could be a much better game than anybody anticipated before the season started.

Killtoppers90
September 6th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I think that could easily happen this weekend!

ISUalum
September 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
it will depend on ISU's defense, if they play like the defense of 2005, they'll never win. If they play like they did the last 1.5 quarters at Purdue, they'll prob. lose.

But if they light up the scoreboard with the new style of offense I'll predict a win and an end to the 18 game losing streak.

It's on tv here in the upper midwest, so I'll be watching.

PantherRob82
September 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
will be an interesting game, that is for sure.

ISUMatt
September 6th, 2006, 07:15 PM
It is on FSN Midwest at 6pm central

TheGateway
September 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Hopefully our boys can keep up that level of play from last weeks game and get us a long awaited victory. I just really hope the defense holds up this week against EIU .

birdsflyhigh
September 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Nice to hear from some Syc fans, but suprised there were no predictions from EIU fans. Are there any EIU fans? Do they exist? :confused:

Chucktown
September 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
EIU's offense will just be too much for Indiana State's Defense. Their experience and they now have 2 big passing threats, along with their sound running game. After Micah Rucker put up over 100 yds. against a big ten opponent, a 1 AA team will need to prove that they can stop him, when I believe that no one can. Their offense is just too much for Indiana State to handle. The losing streak continues-- sorry gateway-

Killtoppers90
September 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I think the Sycamores can handle (and possibly) beat the Panthers this weekend.