PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky - Week Two

dbackjon
September 5th, 2006, 05:16 PM
After going 2-6 against I-A teams in Week One, highlighted by wins from Montana State and Portland State, and 0-1 against I-AA opponents, Big Sky teams play 2 games against I-A, 3 against I-AA (including one conference game), and 2 against Division II teams.

Eastern Washington @ West Virginia
This could get ugly, if last week was any indication of EWU's offense. WVU is using a soft schedule to make a bid for a national title, and will not let EWU get in the way.
WVU 56, EWU 13

Chadron State @ Montana State
Montana State recorded the most impressive win of any I-AA in their upset of Colorado. They need to keep the focus on Division II Chadron State, and not look ahead to UC-Davis.
Montana State 45, Chadron State 10

South Dakota State @ Montana
Jackrabbits look to bounce back from embarrasing loss to D-III Wisc-LaCrosse, while Montana looks to prove they are a top 5 team. Montana shows the Bunnies who's boss.
Montana 42, SDSU 10

Fort Lewis @ Idaho State
A week after getting pounded 44-0 by Cal Poly, Fort Lewis visits an ISU team that lost badly to UNLV, 56-10.
Idaho State 31, Fort Lewis 18

Northern Arizona @ Utah
NAU played even with ASU until the last quarter - can the Jacks fair well against Utah, who lost their opener 31-10? Murrietta to Watson combo keeps it up, Jacks lose a close one.
Utah 28, NAU 24

Cal Poly @ Weber State
Cal Poly opened with 44-0 win over D-II Fort Lewis, WSU was held to -36 yards rushing in 30-6 loss to Colorado State. Cal Poly takes this one big.
Cal Poly 42, Weber State 14

Northern Colorado @ Portland State
First conference game of the season, and first ever for Northern Colorado. PSU is coming off big win over New Mexico, gives UNC a rude intro to the BSC.
Portland State 31, UNC 10

GaSouthern
September 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Wow, that montana is going to go triple digits against the wabbits.

CrunchGriz
September 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Wow, that montana is going to go triple digits against the wabbits.

Never happen.

Bobby Hauck is not one to run up the score. If it's getting out of hand, he'll run up the gut for a quarter or more with the subs.

Not that I think it'll get this way. I'm just looking for a W, not a blowout, to get the Griz offense untracked and rolling into the I-AA and conference seasons. SDSU held the Griz to 7 last year, so counting on a blowout is a bit premature at this point.

elkmcc
September 5th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Not much pre-game excitement for this game, this year anyway. Last year the jacks played the Griz as tough as any opponent of the season and I would have expected SDSU to be an even tougher opponent this Saturday. We all know what a wounded Grizzly bear is like but what about wounded jack rabbits? I think the griz will find they will get everything they could expect from team thats got something to prove.
I hope it is a great game.

swaghook
September 5th, 2006, 06:36 PM
SDSU players better regroup and come out with the attitude that this song clip has.

http://www.visual-music.com/Sounds/Chumba.mp3

They may have gotten knocked down in the first week but they better get up again, and again and again....

DaGriz
September 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Jackrabbits look to bounce back from embarrasing loss to D-II Wisc-LaCrosse, while Montana looks to prove they are a top 5 team. Montana shows the Bunnies who's boss.
Montana 42, SDSU 10

Actually, I think Wisc-LaCrosse is D-III if I'm not mistaken.

dbackjon
September 5th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Actually, I think Wisc-LaCrosse is D-III if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct - just trying to make the Bunnies feel better :D

ncbears
September 5th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Here's my picks.

UNC VS. PSU -- I think our offense gets a little better but still the Vikes are coming off a nice win and I think we lose. Vikes 38, Bears 21

Montana VS. SDSU -- This could get ugly. The bunnies aren't a good team as they showed in a loss agains a d3 team. Griz 41, bunnies 3.

Ft Lews vs. ISU -- ISU wins big. Bengals 42, Ft. Lewis 6

Cal Poly vs. Weber St. Mustangs win 21-10

Chadron St. vs. MSU -- Bobcats win big 38 -7

NAU vs. Utah -- Lumberjacks don't keep it as close as last weekend. Utes win 41 - 21.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Regarding our matchup with no. 5 West Virginia... I concur. We suck, and it will get ugly. However our offense's performance last week wasn't our best. They had a good game, are a great team, and we played like ****. Not to mention Peerboom and Nichols were both pretty scared about their first game. They got their jitters out, and after an embarassment like that, I'd expect the team to step up a little better than that against WVU.

Eastern Washington: 13
West Virginia: 42

OrneryAggie
September 5th, 2006, 07:22 PM
SDSU blew the DIII game on purpose just to make the Griz over-confident. Expect them to rebound strong this week. Either that or they lose to the griz on purpose so as to make UNI over-confident for the following week.

ncbears
September 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
SDSU blew the DIII game on purpose just to make the Griz over-confident. Expect them to rebound strong this week. Either that or they lose to the griz on purpose so as to make UNI over-confident for the following week.

I hope you're kidding.

DaGriz
September 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Regarding our matchup with no. 5 West Virginia... I concur. We suck, and it will get ugly. However our offense's performance last week wasn't our best. They had a good game, are a great team, and we played like ****. Not to mention Peerboom and Nichols were both pretty scared about their first game. They got their jitters out, and after an embarassment like that, I'd expect the team to step up a little better than that against WVU.

Eastern Washington: 13
West Virginia: 42

I don't think you suck. I think you lost a lot of talent and it will take some time to gel. Nichols will be good with some experience and your running back will be good against I-AA competition. As far as getting the jitters out though, OSU atmosphere is no W.Virg. atmosphere, so I hope you're right. I think this one could be even more ugly than last week. If W.V only scores 42 it's because they scored 42 in the first half and all their starters are in sweats to start the second half.

SactoHornetFan
September 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
EWU @ WVU
I hope the Eagles enjoy the experience and the paycheck.
WVU 52, EWU 10

Chadron State @ MSU
Biggest win for MSU since their 84 Nat. Championship. Perfect time for a big letdown after a big win, but, will not happen.
MSU 35, CSU 3

SDSU @ UM
3 points at home to a DIII team?? Sorry SDSU, your best news last week was your Mid-Con invite.
UM 56, SDSU 17

Fort Lewis @ ISU
ISU will be looking to flex some muscle after a bad defeat to UNLV.
ISU 42, FLC 7

NAU @ Utah
The Jacks gave the Devils all they could. They will do the same against the Utes, but will not be enough.
The "U" 23, NAU 17

Poly @ Weber
Poly's defense is very good. Im still not sure about their offense outside of Noble. However, the Wildcats will hopefully have a good crowd and keep it close.
Poly 30, Weber 20

UNC @ PSU
This one could get very ugly up on the Parc Blocks. Welcome to the Big Sky UNC. This conf. will not be as forgiving as the Great West.
PSU 44, UNC 17

Cap'n Cat
September 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM
After going 2-6 against I-A teams in Week One, highlighted by wins from Montana State and Portland State, and 0-1 against I-AA opponents, Big Sky teams play 2 games against I-A, 3 against I-AA (including one conference game), and 2 against Division II teams.

This could get ugly, if last week was any indication of EWU's offense. WVU is using a soft schedule to make a bid for a national title, and will not let EWU get in the way.
WVU 56, EWU 13

Montana State recorded the most impressive win of any I-AA in their upset of Colorado. They need to keep the focus on Division II Chadron State, and not look ahead to UC-Davis.

Jackrabbits look to bounce back from embarrasing loss to D-III Wisc-LaCrosse, while Montana looks to prove they are a top 5 team. Montana shows the Bunnies who's boss.
Montana 42, SDSU 10

Fort Lewis @ Idaho State
A week after getting pounded 44-0 by Cal Poly, Fort Lewis visits an ISU team that lost badly to UNLV, 56-10.

Northern Arizona @ Utah
NAU played even with ASU until the last quarter - can the Jacks fair well against Utah, who lost their opener 31-10? Murrietta to Watson combo keeps it up, Jacks lose a close one.
Utah 28, NAU 24

Cal Poly @ Weber State
Cal Poly opened with 44-0 win over D-II Fort Lewis, WSU was held to -36 yards rushing in 30-6 loss to Colorado State. Cal Poly takes this one big.

First conference game of the season, and first ever for Northern Colorado. PSU is coming off big win over New Mexico, gives UNC a rude intro to the BSC.

Good stuff, jon.

:thumbsup:

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't rip on SDSU too much, Carrol College could have beat quite a few I-AA teams a couple years ago.

AZGrizFan
September 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM

WVU 56, EWU 13

Montana 42, SDSU 10

Fort Lewis @ Idaho State

Northern Arizona @ Utah
Utah 28, NAU 24

Cal Poly @ Weber State

1. THere's no way EWU puts up 13 on West Virginia
2. There's no way Chadron State scores as many points as Colorado against the vaunted MSU defense.
3. There's no way the Grizzlies score 42 --- right Ronbo?
4. Fort Lewis will be lucky to see the end zone without a telescope
5. NAU got two busted plays against ASU....I doubt they get that lucky against Utah.
6. Cal Poly isn't 42 points good....Weber isn't 14 points bad. That game should be a lot closer than that.
7. PSU should walk over UNC.

:twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

JALMOND
September 6th, 2006, 04:27 PM
OK, here are my picks...

EWU at W Virginia---If the Eagles thought Oregon State was good, this could get nasty...W. Virginia 55, EWU 7

Chadron State at MSU---Was this scheduled with the thought that the Cats could feel better after playing in Boulder? News flash, Cats are feeling better...MSU 55, Chadron 7

SD State at UM---Griz a tough loss to #16 Iowa, Jackrabbits tough loss to Wisconsin. Wait a minute, you say Wisc-La Crosse?...UM 55, SDSU 7

Fort Lewis at ISU---Bengals were ahead of UNLV 3-0 at one point. Fort Lewis did not score on Cal Poly. I think I used 55-7 too many times...ISU 35, Fort Lewis 0

NAU at Utah---Everyone is calling this game close but no cigar. NAU looked excellent against the Pac-10 and Utah looked terrible against the Pac-10. Really no difference between UCLA and Arizona State. Give NAU the cigar boys (and I-AA its fourth win)...NAU 30, Utah 27

Cal Poly at WSU---Hard to guage. Cal Poly blew out Fort Lewis and Weber could not handle Colorado State. Still, the game is in Ogden and Weber can shock people early...WSU 26, Cal Poly 24

UNC at PSU---First conference game of the year. UNC had trouble against UC-Davis and PSU did not allow a touchdown against I-A New Mexico. PSU also has not lost a home game in two years. Nothing changes...PSU 31, UNC 0.

Big Sky conference on a roll this year.

Hansel
September 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
WVU
MSU
UM
ISU
NAU
CP
PSU

Proud Griz Man
September 6th, 2006, 11:38 PM
OK, here are my picks...

Chadron State at MSU---Was this scheduled with the thought that the Cats could feel better after playing in Boulder? News flash, Cats are feeling better...MSU 55, Chadron 7

I'll take Chadron State and the 48 points.