WCU – Open
Chattanooga @ Memphis - - - Memphis by 28
CCU @ Wofford - - Wofford by 10
Charleston South @ Citadel - - - -- Citadel by 7
Towson @ Elon - - - - - - -Towson by 3.

I'd be happy with that.

AppGuy04
September 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
All those look pretty spot on OL, a score here or there maybe.

walliver
September 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
JMU @ ASU - - - - - - ASU by 10
W Ga @ Furman - Furman by 24
CCSU at Ga South - - - GaSU by 17
WCU – Open
Chattanooga @ Memphis - - - Memphis by 28
CCU @ Wofford - - Wofford by 10
Charleston South @ Citadel - - - -- Citadel by 7
Towson @ Elon - - - - - - -Towson by 3.

I suspect Citadel by a wider margin, and think Chatty will play Memphis a little closer.

My upset pick would be Elon by 1 over Towson.

blueballs
September 5th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Furman and GSU both win by larger margins than predicted above.

Elon will defeat Towson and UTC will make Memphis sweat before losing a game that will be much closer than 28 points. Wofford will defeat CCU but not by 10, I'd say 3-7. I'll take App by more than 10 over JMU too- this may be a blowout...

... and finally my lock of the week- WCU defeats Open Date U in a shutout.

MYTAPPY
September 5th, 2006, 02:55 PM
My Mountaineers take the Dukes by 10.
CCU and Wofford go down to the wire.
Ga. Southern has an easy day against CCSU.
And, dare I say it....Elon starts the season 2-0.

GaSouthern
September 5th, 2006, 02:58 PM
My Mountaineers take the Dukes by 10.
CCU and Wofford go down to the wire.
Ga. Southern has an easy day against CCSU.
And, dare I say it....Elon starts the season 2-0.

I agree but add in FU winning by a leisure 27 points and chatty actually scaring the heck out of memphis for the first three quarters :hurray:

Paladin13
September 5th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Elon by 10

yoself09
September 5th, 2006, 03:37 PM
the streak at the rock continues but it is decided in OT
Furman and GSU both have a field day and both win by two touchdowns or more
CCU beats Wofford by a field goal
Elon wins their second straight:eek:
and Western gets a tough loss to Open Date University when they fumble the ball in the endzone and Open Date wins by twoxlolx

PaladinFan
September 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Furman v. UWG: The Wolves couldn't msuter a point against Presbyterian College. I would venture that Furman's defense is a might bit tougher. UWG hangs their hat on their defense though. FU wins 27-6

Coastal at Wofford: Terriers fought hard in a win over SCSU. Coastal was nothing short of embarrassed after Elon nailed them at home. I expect the Chants to come out with something to prove. Coastal wins 23-20.

CCSU at Georgia Southern: As much as we Southerners like to mock the "football" played in the northeast, I think Cent. Connecticut might be a bit better than most make them out to be. That said, a long road trip, a stingy Eagle defense, and a hot afternoon lift Van Gorder to his first win in Statesboro. Eagles take it 24-10.

Elon v. Towson: Keep it rolling boys! Phoenix win 16-10.

Appalachian v. JMU: JMU wants to redeem themselves, but after a mediocre last season and a less than stellar first game, the Apps welcome the Dukes back to the Southern Conference. Mountaineers win 27-13.

Charleston Southern at Citadel: The Bulldogs defend the home turf. Higgins gets a big first home win of the season. El Cid by 6, 20-14.

Chattanooga at Memphis: Jo Lee Dunn runs a nutty defense. Keeps the Mocs at bay early. Late surge makes it closer. Tigers win 27-14.

fuEMO
September 5th, 2006, 05:03 PM
What role do you guys think the new clock rules will play in scores. BL was quoted as saying it cost Furman about 20 plays against JSU. FU 62 plays JSU 51 plays. I will be curious who the rule gives an advantage. Does it help a running team like Woffy or Furman that get a lead and play smash mouth football. Or a quick strike team like APP.

The only reason I thought of this is because the scoring predictions are low. Last season people would be predicting scores in the 30's or 40's.

AppGuy04
September 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
What role do you guys think the new clock rules will play in scores. BL was quoted as saying it cost Furman about 20 plays against JSU. FU 62 plays JSU 51 plays. I will be curious who the rule gives an advantage. Does it help a running team like Woffy or Furman that get a lead and play smash mouth football. Or a quick strike team like APP.

The only reason I thought of this is because the scoring predictions are low. Last season people would be predicting scores in the 30's or 40's.

It's situational IMO, if someone gets behind against a team like Woffy or Furman, they are less likely to come back b/c they have a lower number of drives to do so, however, with a team like App who has the no huddle and quick strike ability, it could possibly not be an issue

fuEMO
September 5th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Furman ran a set with Gray and Sorrells when they did a quick huddle, run to the line of srimmage, lined up in the I, then into the broken I, then put Stepp in motion. Could be interesting to see what formations come out of this.

GaSouthern
September 5th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Could this hurt people trying to break records of people who played longer timed games?

gophoenix
September 5th, 2006, 07:28 PM
We'll see with the Elon/Towson game. I am not getting ahead of myself yet. This will be a fight of two very young ball clubs. Towson defends the run well, but seems to be a bit suspect with the pass. And we both start a ton of fresh and sophs.

Hopefully home field will mean something now. We've sold 3000 season tickets and rumor has it that 3000-4000 students are expected.

phoenixsq
September 5th, 2006, 07:35 PM
:giveadamn: Furman v. UWG: This should be easy for FU. The wins 33-10

Coastal at Wofford: Coastal is pissed after my hot birds punched them in the mouth:bawling: . I was at the game and they could not punch it in while in the red zone due to turnovers. Coastal just needs to stop turning it over. The Terriers run but they better be big up front because Coastal is big on the D-Line! Plus the Terriers are not as balanced as Coastal. I say Coastal wins 28-24 (boy I do not like this:mad: ).

CCSU at Georgia Southern: Too much speed for the Eagles even though they are changing their offense. Plus who in the heck is CCSU :confused: and how did they get on the Eagles schedule? Eagles take it 24-10.

Elon v. Towson: The new offense Coach Lembo installed will allow us to score this year along with a better defense. We are much better than last year all the way around. Towson QB is said to be very good. They are big, but I think with our quickness we can get them. This will tell us if last Saturday was for real or a fluke. I say Elon, 24-17.:D

Appalachian v. JMU: This year champs willl beat last years champs because of defense and the Mountaineers know how to win big games. App 28-10:thumbsup: .

Charleston Southern at Citadel: The Bulldogs better defend the home turf:eyebrow: I hope we can not lose any to the Big South. The Citadel 17-10.

Chattanooga at Memphis: I am sorry! This is not Tennessee Tech :nonono2: . Get the women and children in for this one. The Tigers big over UTC. 40-14.

catamount man
September 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM
My upset of the week:

Chuck South-24
El Cid-21

Bellhops ain't happy after this one!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
September 5th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Catamounts, who do you have in week 3? I hope its a team you have to prepare for this time instead of working on how to beat the Paladins for two weeks :)

WCU LawCat
September 6th, 2006, 05:52 AM
EKU in week three...but I'm sure they will spend some time on Furman.

OL FU
September 6th, 2006, 06:43 AM
We'll see with the Elon/Towson game. I am not getting ahead of myself yet. This will be a fight of two very young ball clubs. Towson defends the run well, but seems to be a bit suspect with the pass. And we both start a ton of fresh and sophs.

Hopefully home field will mean something now. We've sold 3000 season tickets and rumor has it that 3000-4000 students are expected.

Towson showed well last year. I think a prediction of Elon winning or playing close is a compliment. :nod:

AppGuy04
September 6th, 2006, 08:33 AM
We won't know until this weekend whether Elon played well or Coastal played bad

OL FU
September 6th, 2006, 08:53 AM
We won't know until this weekend whether Elon played well or Coastal played bad

I'll make a guess. Elon played better and Coastal shot themselves in the foot. Coastal should have won the game. That is not taking away anything from Elon because what counts is the final score. But no team can win by failing to score 4 or 5 times inside the red zone.

I think the question here is how does Elon and CCU compared to the rest of the division and yes you are right, this weekend should tell us much.

AppGuy04
September 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
I'll make a guess. Elon played better and Coastal shot themselves in the foot. Coastal should have won the game. That is not taking away anything from Elon because what counts is the final score. But no team can win by failing to score 4 or 5 times inside the red zone.

I think the question here is how does Elon and CCU compared to the rest of the division and yes you are right, this weekend should tell us much.

We know Elon is better, thats a given. The Elon of the last few years would not have been close in this game. How much better? Only time will tell. But what we don't know is how much Coastal has regressed from last year, thats the bigger question, and should be answered in the next couple of weeks.

SoCon48
September 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Cliche here. One game doesn't a season make. Either regarding Elon's win or CC Chicks' loss.
Elon wasn't as bad last year as they looked and CCU wasn't quite as solid last year as they thought. They were talented but not yet ready for prime time. This year both have a lot to prove.