PDA

View Full Version : Big schools calling it playoffs

bluedog
April 29th, 2013, 03:56 AM
The Bowl Championship Series will be replaced by the College Football Playoff.

The BCS conference commissioners announced the name of the new postseason system that starts in 2014 on Tuesday, the first of three days of meetings at a resort hotel in the Rose Bowl backyard.

They also will choose the remaining three sites for the six-bowl semifinal rotation in the new system and the site of the first championship game to be held Jan. 12, 2015, this week.

The website is already up and running and allowing fans to vote on a new logo. It also has a Twitter handle: (at)cfbplayoff.

Be careful of what you ask for, you just may get it.

http://m.si.com/2828041/college-football-playoff-to-replace-maligned-bcs/#ixzz2ROlj8yjk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Pard4Life
April 29th, 2013, 12:26 PM
The Bowl Championship Series will be replaced by the College Football Playoff.

And North Korea is called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea... like a name means anything! xrotatehx

walliver
April 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I wished they had picked another name, like "The ESPN Big Money Football Event sponsored by AT&T" which includes the "Chick-Fil-A semifinal game", "The General Motors semifinal game", and the "Stay Free Maxipad National Championship Game sponsored by Bud Light, featuring the Coca-Cola Halftime Show, and Samsung Galaxy Trophy"
Using the name "College Football Playoff" makes the "NCAA Division I Football Championship" seem like even more of an inconsequential event. Even worse, it makes the name "Football Championship Subdivision" even more awkward.

Maybe the NCAA should go back to I-A and I-AA, at least the old name had a "I" in it.

Apphole
April 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
If FBS message boards spent as much time demeaning the FCS system as you guys spend doing the opposite, you might actually have a reason besides jealousy to be so angry an venomous.

Bisonator
April 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8

NoDak 4 Ever
April 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
If FBS message boards spent as much time demeaning the FCS system as you guys spend doing the opposite, you might actually have a reason besides jealousy to be so angry an venomous.

I don't think the ridicule is limited to FCS boards.

The Moody1
April 29th, 2013, 04:23 PM
xzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxz zzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzxxzzzzx