PDA

View Full Version : I-AA weekly honors

bluedog
September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I-AA weekly honors go to Carpenter, Lewis, Hayward and Hastings
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Montana State quarterback Cory Carpenter, Southern quarterback JC Lewis, Portland State linebacker Adam Hayward and Montana State kicker Jeff Hastings have been honored as I-AA players of the week by The Sports Network, the division’s most widely recognized sports information service.

Carpenter threw for 229 yards and one touchdown while completing 23-of-31 passes to lead Montana State to a 19-10 upset win at I-A Colorado. Lewis threw for 271 yards and four touchdowns to lead Southern past Bethune-Cookman, 30-29. Hayward tallied four sacks and 11 total tackles to spearhead a Portland State defense that held I-A New Mexico scoreless in the second half of a 17-6 victory. Hastings made all four of his field goal attempts in the Bobcats’ victory, including a career-long of 44 yards.

CO-OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

Cory Carpenter, Montana State - Junior, Quarterback, 6-2, 207, The Dalles, OR

Carpenter completed 23-of-31 passes for 229 yards and one touchdown in the Bobcats’ 19-10 upset of I-A Colorado...Completed passes to six different receivers and directed MSU’s 58-yard touchdown drive...10-yard touchdown pass to Michael Jefferson gave the Bobcats a 13-10 lead in third quarter...Was making his first start since senior year in high school in 2002.

JC Lewis, Southern - Junior, Quarterback, 5-10, 190, Walnut Creek, CA

Lewis had a four-touchdown effort to lift Southern past Bethune-Cookman, 30-29...Completed 63 percent of his passes (24-for-38) for 271 yards with no interceptions...Threw touchdown strikes of 55, 5, 14 and 2 yards...two-yard touchdown pass provided the winning points with 7:34 remaining in the contest.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4039068.htm