PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky fans are now worried about Texas State

Cat79
September 4th, 2006, 09:44 AM
The Kentucky fans have been talking about an easy win over Texas State. After the Louisville game their expectations have changed. Coach Bailiff will have our guys ready for them.:D :hurray:

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2006, 09:48 AM
You folks in San Marcos need to predict a win over UK...

I'm sorry, but so far, all of your fans on Bobcatfans.com are predicting a loss. Unless your like SHSU and playing the Univ of Texas, you guys got no reason to predict a loss. I-AA teams can play with and beat teams from BCS conferences, whether they are the defending Big XII North Champion Colorado, a cellar dweller from the ACC in Duke or whomever...

Your brother Bobcats from Montana got the job done last week. It's your turn this week. Bailiff needs to talk the typical Bailiff talk and give his team the confidence that they can win...GO BOBCATS!

Cat79
September 4th, 2006, 09:51 AM
TT

I predict a 3 point win. Bailiff will have them ready. :D :hurray:

EKU05
September 4th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Actually, as a Louisville fan, I thought UK looked better than expected. The defense is pretty bad, but they can put up some points, and Woodson was deadly accurate on the long ball. How good is the Texas State secondary? That may be the key right there.

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Bocbats secondary gave up 356 yards net passing on 20-39 with an average of 9.1 yards per attempt, 17.8 per completion...this against the explosive Div II offense of Tarleton State...

Cat79
September 4th, 2006, 10:18 AM
We return everyone in the secondary but one from last year. They did not perform well against a top 20 DII team last Saturday giving up large gains (even though Tarleton had a QB that started for SMU before transfering to Tarleton). I expect playing a DI-A team will cure some of that this week.

Bailiff has not been embarassed by a DI-A team since coming to Texas State. He has been studying these guys since the summer. He used a very vanilla playbook against Tarleton State (5 plays). If Coach Bailiff follows suit we will throw the kitchen sink at Kentucky (He did the same thing last year barely fending off Delta State with the same vanilla playbook and shocking Texas A & M with playing tougher than expected).

Here is a little history.

2004 Baylor 24 Texas State 17
The game ended with our offense at their 38 and lost a fumble. The Baylor fans had fear in their eyes. This Texas State team ended up 5-6 with less talent than our current team.

2005 Texas A & M 44 Texas State 31
This was a wild game with a chance to get the game to 6 points when we recovered a Texas A & M fumble on the kickoff return setting us up at the 9. We received an offensive interference call on our tight end when he caught a pass taking it to the one yard line with 3 minutes left in the game. We could not punch it in after the penalty. The 2005 team went 11-3 and to the semifinals.

We will be ready.:hurray: :D

chantman
September 4th, 2006, 10:23 AM
The Ville is a quality team, so don't judge UK defeat as easy pickins for TSU. The Cats will be ready.

Cat79
September 4th, 2006, 10:29 AM
We know Kentucky will come in angry. Texas State will give them a game.

Eaglegus2
September 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM
As stated above, Texas State's secondary will be the key to the game.

Kentucky has a good receiving corps lead by Keenan Burton who returned a kickoff for a touchdown.:twocents:

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM
i'd really love to be optomistic here, but, IMO, we have too many problems to fix in one week to even come close to competing with Kentucky. They showed some real flashes of scary talent i don't think we can compensate for. however, this year has already shaped up to be alot like last year in a sense.

last year...beat div. ii delta state by only 8 (?). bobcat fans were worried, since we played a&m the following week. we had a good showing.

could this be a repeat of that?

the homer in me: TxSt. 31 UK 30

the realist in me: UK 42 TxSt. 21

txstatebobcat
September 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM
As stated above, Texas State's secondary will be the key to the game.

Kentucky has a good receiving corps lead by Keenan Burton who returned a kickoff for a touchdown.:twocents:

Personally I think our running game is the true key to this game. We need to do those time consuming drives that can only come with running the ball at least 75% of the time.

slycat
September 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Personally I think our running game is the true key to this game. We need to do those time consuming drives that can only come with running the ball at least 75% of the time.

we need to pick up more first downs. last game the defense wasnt getting much rest and im sure that didnt help the secondary from getting worn out.