PDA

View Full Version : Montana/Montana State not Division I?

Hansel
September 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
According to the Newscast from Billings, they commented on how the Big Sky beat two DI teams over over the weekend, breaking a 0-19 streak the Big Sky previously had against "DI teams". You would think a newscaster in Montana would know better :(

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2006, 09:57 AM
According to the Newscast from Billings, they commented on how the Big Sky beat two DI teams over over the weekend, breaking a 0-19 streak the Big Sky previously had against "DI teams". You would think a newscaster in Montana would know better :(

Ahhhhh, Billings is really in North Dakota anyway.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

bisonguy
September 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM

Montana is stuck with Billings. Deal with it. :D :D ;)

barechestcat
September 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Honestly, how do you get a job in sportcasting and not know things that center around your job? Very irritating!xidiotx

X-Factor
September 4th, 2006, 11:19 AM

everyone knows the Big Sky can't see east of Bozeman :)

Retro
September 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Want to hear something just as clueless... I was watching the late edition of College Gameday Final to see what props they gave to Montana State and other I-AA's..

Well, they were actually showing highlights of Grambling and Hampton, which is good and it was a pretty good game.. My problem is that i think it was Lou Holtz who said "This is like the Miami vs Florida State of I-AA"... :nonono2:

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 4th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Are IAA fans the only people that can name all four divisions? It seems like EVERYONE does this.

swaghook
September 4th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Are IAA fans the only people that can name all four divisions? It seems like EVERYONE does this.Don't forget NAIA they may not be NCAA but there are games played against them as well.

I-A

I-AA

D-II

D-III

NAIA

JALMOND
September 4th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I don't see where they came up with the 0-19 streak against I-A teams anyway. Montana had constantly beat up on Idaho when the Vandals were in the Sun Belt and Portland State beat Hawaii in 2000. Before the Iowa game, ESPN said that Montana was 4-2 in their last 6 I-A games.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2006, 10:00 PM
everyone knows the Big Sky can't see east of Bozeman :)

WHAT??? Bozeman is in the Big Sky? When the hell did THAT happen??? :confused: :confused: :confused: ;)

I thought they were Big 12.