PDA

View Full Version : Honey Badger's family

HenZoneNation
April 17th, 2013, 07:24 AM
I don't know if they are just so incredibly removed from the way the world works or if they simply don't care, but in the ESPN Magazine article chronicling the Honey Badger's return to football, they describe the potential transfer from LSU to McNeese St as nightmare and cast a school that was willing to give this kid a shot at redemption in a very meager light. I have never been to McNeese, but I'm quite certain that the vast majority of its graduates are significantly better people than Tyrann Mathieu.

By the end of the article where he's wandering around South Florida in search of a pay phone would send up more than a few red flags for me if I was an NFL GM.

GAD
April 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I doubt McNeese would have taken him anyway

CID1990
April 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I doubt McNeese would have taken him anyway

I agree.

But a FBS school with GOBS of money did. All in the name of being competitive. Anyone want to claim he even remotely resembled a student?

Sent from the center of the universe.

forbidden
April 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
I don't know if they are just so incredibly removed from the way the world works or if they simply don't care, but in the ESPN Magazine article chronicling the Honey Badger's return to football, they describe the potential transfer from LSU to McNeese St as nightmare and cast a school that was willing to give this kid a shot at redemption in a very meager light. I have never been to McNeese, but I'm quite certain that the vast majority of its graduates are significantly better people than Tyrann Mathieu.

By the end of the article where he's wandering around South Florida in search of a pay phone would send up more than a few red flags for me if I was an NFL GM.

Can you say sense of ENTITLEMENT

PaladinFan
April 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I agree.

But a FBS school with GOBS of money did. All in the name of being competitive. Anyone want to claim he even remotely resembled a student?

Sent from the center of the universe.

I'll eat my hat if that kid darkened the door of a lecture hall at LSU.

As far as I'm concerned, I appreciate the bloodsport that is big time college football. For me, though, I'd just as soon spend my money watching true student athletes play at Furman.

CID1990
April 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'll eat my hat if that kid darkened the door of a lecture hall at LSU.

As far as I'm concerned, I appreciate the bloodsport that is big time college football. For me, though, I'd just as soon spend my money watching true student athletes play at Furman.

Amen.

Back when Coach Ellis was bringing in 5th year trannies to play QB for us, I was raising hell about it. Some alums were in favor, but I told them I'd rather lose with cadets than win with those 5th year grad students.

walliver
April 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM

That throws up more than just red flags to me. Unless he could address that definitively, I would take him off my list completely.

BEAR
April 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Amen.

Back when Coach Ellis was bringing in 5th year trannies

Uh.huh.huh.huh...you said trannies....

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/planet1051.com/files/2011/02/beavis-and-butthead.jpg

McNeese75
April 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM

Of course they would cast McNeese as a nightmare, LOL. Coach Viator did not get on his knees and beg, told him to go home, talk to his family and decide what he really wanted to do. He would have been a complete disaster for our program.

BEAR
April 18th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Did I hear somewhere that he failed 10 drug tests? And McNeese is the bad guy here....?

Laker
April 18th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Of course they would cast McNeese as a nightmare, LOL. Coach Viator did not get on his knees and beg, told him to go home, talk to his family and decide what he really wanted to do. He would have been a complete disaster for our program.

I agree. The guy is an idiot. He would have gotten into trouble at McNeese just like he did at LSU.

Somehow I don't think that he will be an all-pro in the NFL. I doubt if he learned his lesson. His fame is probably behind him- too bad for Brent Musburger, he seemed to enjoy using the term Honey Badger. I still think that sounds like a hooker from Wisconsin's name.

Bisonoline
April 18th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I agree. The guy is an idiot. He would have gotten into trouble at McNeese just like he did at LSU.

Somehow I don't think that he will be an all-pro in the NFL. I doubt if he learned his lesson. His fame is probably behind him- too bad for Brent Musburger, he seemed to enjoy using the term Honey Badger. I still think that sounds like a hooker from Wisconsin's name.

Iam sure Mus was jizzsing every time he mentioned the kids moniker. After awhile I just turned the game off. Couldnt take it anymore.

seantaylor
April 21st, 2013, 04:30 AM
He won't be a starter in the NFL. Too small, not enough speed, will be suspended constantly.