PDA

View Full Version : For all you fans of teams looking for a 12th game in 2013 (or 11th if you are NDSU)

nwFL Griz
April 3rd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Figured I'd start this and keep it updated. This list is of teams that have announced schedules and still have an opening, or teams that have not announced and we couldn't find a full 12 games for. After the team name is number of home games, number of away games, number of neutral games (if any), then open dates.

Big Sky
UND - 7H 4A, 9/21, 11/23
NAU - 5H 6A, 9/7, 11/9

Big South
Presby - 6H 5A, 9/21, 10/12

CAA
JMU - 6H 5A, 9/21, 10/19
UNH - 5H 6A, 8/31, 9/21
SBU - 5H 6A, 8/31, 10/19
Nova - 5H 6A, 9/14, 11/16

Indy
ACU - 4H 6A 1N, 11/2, 11/23
UNCC - 6H 5A, 9/21, 10/19
HBU - 4H 3A, 9/7, 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/16, 11/23
UIW - 6H 5A, 10/12, 11/23

MEAC
DSU - 4H 7A, 8/31, 11/9
NCAT - 6H 4A 1N, 8/31, 9/21

MVC
ISUr - 5H 6A, 9/7, 11/23
NDSU - 5H 5A, 9/7, 9/14, 11/2

NEC
CCSU - 4H 7A, 10/19, 10/26
Duq - 5H 6A, 9/14, 9/28
RMU - 5H 6A, 9/21, 10/12
SHU - 5H 6A, 9/14, 11/23
SFU - 6H 5A, 8/31, 10/19
Wag - 6H 5A, 10/19, 11/23

Patriot
Buck - 5H 6A, 8/31, 9/14
GT - 6H 5A, 10/5, 11/9
Laf - 5H 6A, 8/31, 9/28
Leh - 5H 6A, 8/31, 11/2

Pioneer
Camp - 6H 5A, 9/21, 11/23
David - 5H 6A, 8/31, 11/23
Day - 5H 6A, 9/21, 11/23
Drake - 6H 5A, 9/14, 11/23
Jax - 5H 6A, 10/12, 11/23
Marist - 5H 6A, 9/21, 11/23
USD - 6H 5A, 9/14, 11/23
Stet - 6H 5A, 9/14, 10/19
Valp - 5H 6A, 9/21, 11/23

SoCon
GSU - 6H 5A, 9/21, 10/19
Woff - 6H 5A, 9/28, 11/2

SWAC
JSU - 5H 4A 2N, 11/2, 11/23
MVSU - 6H 4A 1N, 9/28, 11/23
UAPB - 5H 6A, 9/28, 11/2
TSU - 5H 6A, 9/7 11/23

I'll keep this updated as it goes.

Added by date per request:

8/31
UNH
SBU
DSU
NCAT
SFU
Bucknell
Lafa
Leh
David

9/7
NAU
HBU
ISUr
NDSU
TexSouth

9/14
Nova
NDSU
Duq
SHU
Bucknell
Drake
SD
Stet

9/21
UND
Presby
JMU
UNH
UNCC
NCAT
RMU
Camp
Dayton
Marist
Valp
GaSouth

9/28
Duq
Laf
Woff
MVSU
UAPB

10/5
HBU
GT

10/12
Presby
UIW
RMU
Jax

10/19
JMU
SBU
UNCC
HBU
CCSU
SFU
Wag
Stet
GaSouth

10/26
CCSU

11/2
ACU
HBU
NDSU
Leh
Woff
Jack St
UAPB

11/9
NAU
DSU
GT

11/16
Nova
HBU

11/23
UND
ACU
HBU
UIW
ISUr
SHU
Wag
Camp
David
Dayton
Drake
Jax
Marist
SD
Valp
Jack St
MVSU
TexSouth

TheRevSFA
April 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
HBU isn't doing more than 6 games. They are playing an abridged schedule.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 3rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
There are still one or two out there, I'm hoping. SEMo would have been great for me but that went down yesterday I guess.

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
How many FCS teams generally schedule 12 games when allowed?

I wouldn't think that it brings any advantages, unless you're certain that you won't make the playoffs and the 12th game could get you to a 6th home game.

If NDSU schedules 6 away games and refuses to schedule a 12th game to get a sixth home game, even agaisnt a DII - fire the AD. That's my opinion

Laker
April 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Too bad that UND and NDSU couldn't play each other. That was always an interesting game.

Bisonator
April 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
If NDSU schedules 6 away games and refuses to schedule a 12th game to get a sixth home game, even agaisnt a DII - fire the AD. That's my opinion

Let's get the 11th game scheduled first. And if you want an AD fired how about Montana States? You know what opinions are like!

IBleedYellow
April 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM

I wouldn't think that it brings any advantages, unless you're certain that you won't make the playoffs and the 12th game could get you to a 6th home game.

I still don't believe this guy is a Bison fan. So stupid.

walliver
April 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM

Wofford doesn't schedule 12 games. Mike Ayers has stated that a 12 game schedule followed by playoffs is too much.

I suspect Georgia Southern will now try to add a 12th game since playoffs are off the table. They are also now free to schedule a game after Thanksgiving.

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah but neither GSU or ASU are coming to Fargo this year. So that doesn't help.

Honest to goodness - I'd rather have a 10 game schedule than scheduling a home/home with the away game being this season or paying $300k to some non or low scholarship school out east that doesn't deserve that much money in the first place.

Piss on all of it. Play 10, win the MVFC, get the #1 seed to the playoffs, take what's ours YET AGAIN, then peace out of this damn sub-division.

A guy can dream...

IBleedYellow
April 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
Wofford doesn't schedule 12 games. Mike Ayers has stated that a 12 game schedule followed by playoffs is too much.

I suspect Georgia Southern will now try to add a 12th game since playoffs are off the table. They are also now free to schedule a game after Thanksgiving.

Considering NDSU has played 30 games in the past 2 years, and we have played an entire 11 game season in the playoffs over the last three years, I'd be down with 10 games over 12 games. Guys are tired. I just am worried, if we don't go 10-0 in the season, we'd have a hard time securing the Fargodome home games in the playoffs. 9-1 would be more realistic, possibly even 8-2 with our yearly one loss at home during the regular season (annoying, yes, but pushes us for that Natty the last two years!)

I trust Gene Taylor to make the best decision for our program, look what him and Craig Bohl have done with us since 2004. Just saying.

Piss on all of it. Play 10, win the MVFC, get the #1 seed to the playoffs, take what's ours YET AGAIN, then peace out of this damn sub-division.

A guy can dream...

We aren't leaving. Yet. It doesn't have any benefits to NDSU right now, only way I'd see us going is if the MAC calls for SDSU and NDSU in a package deal, again.

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Considering NDSU has played 30 games in the past 2 years, and we have played an entire 11 game season in the playoffs over the last three years, I'd be down with 10 games over 12 games. Guys are tired. I just am worried, if we don't go 10-0 in the season, we'd have a hard time securing the Fargodome home games in the playoffs. 9-1 would be more realistic, possibly even 8-2 with our yearly one loss at home during the regular season (annoying, yes, but pushes us for that Natty the last two years!)

I trust Gene Taylor to make the best decision for our program, look what him and Craig Bohl have done with us since 2004. Just saying.

We aren't leaving. Yet. It doesn't have any benefits to NDSU right now, only way I'd see us going is if the MAC calls for SDSU and NDSU in a package deal, again.

I'm with you 100% on the 10 game schedule. These 18 starters returning have played A TON of football the last two seasons alone. Ideally, we really could use the revenue from the 6th home game - but it sure as hell isn't worth paying some little dink private school from out east $300k. They don't deserve that for the level of ball they play.

Already had to dick ourselves like that with Delaware St. Twice in the same season is preposterous.

No point in making you realize that your argument about NDSU leaving right now is wrong -- because, irregardless of that truth, the MAC *is* NDSU's (and SDSU's) only chance at escaping from this place any time soon.

There won't be any new FBS conferences in the next 12 years at least and MWC sure isn't going to invite NDSU up directly from FCS.

IBleedYellow
April 3rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
No point in making you realize that your argument is wrong -- because, irregardless of that truth, the MAC *is* NDSU's (and SDSU's) only chance at escaping from this place.

What argument is wrong? Not to FBS yet? If Gene Taylor doesn't believe that FBS is the right option for our program, then I 100% support him and agree with him.

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
What argument is wrong? Not to FBS yet? If Gene Taylor doesn't believe that FBS is the right option for our program, then I 100% support him and agree with him.

He hasn't said that.

Last I recall hearing from him was something about him being worried about the sub-division if GSU and ASU leave. Please provide additional quotes from his mouth since that time if they are available.

PS - I edited my post above since you quoted it.

Chuck Norris
April 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
I would love to see Georgia Southern and NDSU again. I don't even care where they play. I know it wont happen. It would just be some AWESOME football! Two things Georgia Southern wont spend the money to travel to NDSU. At this point its not about the possibility of a loss. We have been there twice and got a beating both times. So everyone knows that we wouldn't be the favorite. But as a fan I would love to have a CHANCE to get over the NDSU hump before going to the FBS. Point 2: NDSU has nothing to gain from this game. I mean they have already beat us twice(in the playoffs for that matter). And Georgia Southern is a team that could beat them so why risk it on a team who's season doesn't even count? WOW, what a game it would be though!! Maybe I will live long enough to see it again?

IBleedYellow
April 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
He hasn't said that.

Last I recall hearing from him was something about him being worried about the sub-division if GSU and ASU leave. Please provide additional quotes from his mouth since that time if they are available.

You make it too easy....

“I don’t know if it’s a number, it’s more about who (leaves),” he said. “I don’t think it’s a problem right now, I still think there’s a lot of strength in the division, but if more programs go, I will get a little concerned.”

Translation: We are staying here for now, until more changes occur.

Source: https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=394361

IBleedYellow
April 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
I would love to see Georgia Southern and NDSU again. I don't even care where they play. I know it wont happen. It would just be some AWESOME football! Two things Georgia Southern wont spend the money to travel to NDSU. At this point its not about the possibility of a loss. We have been there twice and got a beating both times. So everyone knows that we wouldn't be the favorite. But as a fan I would love to have a CHANCE to get over the NDSU hump before going to the FBS. Point 2: NDSU has nothing to gain from this game. I mean they have already beat us twice(in the playoffs for that matter). And Georgia Southern is a team that could beat them so why risk it on a team who's season doesn't even count? WOW, what a game it would be though!! Maybe I will live long enough to see it again?

I feel like we would say that you guys still owe us a Home game from the Home and Home that you backed out of 2 years ago. I will say that we got our payback in the last 2 years, though. :D This game is a very enjoyable game. I will never forget last years playoff game.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 3rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
He hasn't said that.

This good enough? Geez

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/04/23/fbs-move-its-a-challenge-a-d-says/

“It’s a program that’s had a lot of success over the years but it’s a challenge,” he said. “It’s definitely a challenge. Some schools have made the transition easier than others … more however have struggled with it. But if anybody has a good shot at it, they do.”

Taylor reiterated that moving up is not a subject of discussion at NDSU.

“We’re just too young in all of this stuff, really,” he said.

FargoBison
April 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM

NDSU is not going to tie itself to SDSU when it comes to going FBS. It would be great if that is how things worked out but at the end of the day NDSU will do what is best for NDSU.

TheRevSFA
April 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Jesus..doesn't NDSU have enough threads for pissing about going FBS or not? Leave this one as it was with teams in need of a game.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 3rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
hey I don't care about thread drift here too much cuz it just naturally occurs with all of us most of the time. This is only directed at MPLS. If you think you are gonna keep crapping on every thread and diverting to whatever hot button or agenda you want to keep pushing then you will be taking a break from FCSD again for a while.

There are plenty of threads discussing the very topic you brought up in this one and yet you choose to try and do the same thing on this one. It isn't that it can't happen, it can and does, but you have a consistent need to do it on whatever thread you choose so I'll be happy to eliminate the problem if you want to keep this **** up.

TheRevSFA
April 3rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
Ursus I agree with you about thread drift normally, however this is more than beating a dead horse when it comes to Mpls waxing retarded over NDSU moving up.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Jesus..doesn't NDSU have enough threads for pissing about going FBS or not? Leave this one as it was with teams in need of a game.

Hmm, just answered that question while you were posting I guess. I hate to even say it but the board is better off with some posters just not being here or at least not posting.

When I started reading this one I thought "Hey, pretty cool idea NWFL Griz, good work to get some thought back on what we got going on!" and then MPLS immediately starts his crap here.

IBleedYellow
April 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
hey I don't care about thread drift here too much cuz it just naturally occurs with all of us most of the time. This is only directed at MPLS. If you think you are gonna keep crapping on every thread and diverting to whatever hot button or agenda you want to keep pushing then you will be taking a break from FCSD again for a while.

There are plenty of threads discussing the very topic you brought up in this one and yet you choose to try and do the same thing on this one. It isn't that it can't happen, it can and does, but you have a consistent need to do it on whatever thread you choose so I'll be happy to eliminate the problem if you want to keep this **** up.

Thank you for this post. Sorry about me replying to MPLS, but it is very frustrating watching him spew out garbage. This was a great post about how teams can get to 12 or 11 games. Any chance we can make MPLS go away from FCSD for awhile again or maybe even perm? :D

Ursus I agree with you about thread drift normally, however this is more than beating a dead horse when it comes to Mpls waxing retarded over NDSU moving up.

As an Bison fan, I still don't know if MPLS is a Bison fan.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM

I know. This board is probably not the place for him. When your only value is being an annoyance to the majority of what the other members are here for it's probably time to hang it up one way or another.

It won't be much longer and the attention he seeks will have to be sought after elsewhere cuz I'm about done with his smarmy ***.

MplsBison
April 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
This good enough? Geez

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/04/23/fbs-move-its-a-challenge-a-d-says/

Good link! Thanks.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 3rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
I know. This board is probably not the place for him. When your only value is being an annoyance to the majority of what the other members are here for it's probably time to hang it up one way or another.

It won't be much longer and the attention he seeks will have to be sought after elsewhere cuz I'm about done with his smarmy ***.

My bad too, can't get enough of the trollbait. NOM NOM NOM.

nwFL Griz
April 3rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
HBU isn't doing more than 6 games. They are playing an abridged schedule.

I know, I just wanted to put the numbers out there. Also, I made no determination about including teams that have stated they will only play 11. I believe money talks and could possibly change minds at those schools with the proper amount of green.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 3rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I know, I just wanted to put the numbers out there. Also, I made no determination about including teams that have stated they will only play 11. I believe money talks and could possibly change minds at those schools with the proper amount of green.

Appreciate you putting it together and agree with your final assessment.xthumbsupx

Bisonator
April 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Pioneer
Camp - 6H 5A, 9/21, 11/23
David - 5H 6A, 8/31, 11/23
Day - 5H 6A, 9/21, 11/23
Drake - 6H 5A, 9/14, 11/23
Jax - 4H 6A, 9/21, 10/12, 11/23
Marist - 4H 5A, 8/31, 9/14, 9/21, 11/23
USD - 5H 5A, 9/7, 9/14, 11/23
Stet - 6H 5A, 9/14, 10/19
Valp - 5H 6A, 9/21, 11/23

Might want to update USD's schedule. According to this http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/usd-m-footbl-sched.html they have 11 games scheduled with 9/7 being filled.

nwFL Griz
April 3rd, 2013, 01:34 PM
Might want to update USD's schedule. According to this http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/usd-m-footbl-sched.html they have 11 games scheduled with 9/7 being filled.

Good looking out, thanks. I hadn't seen that one yet.

DFW HOYA
April 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Patriot
GT - 5H 5A, 9/14, 10/5, 11/9

Not a lot of hope for a rousing 11th or even a 12th game.

Per this list, teams with an open date on 9/14:
Villanova
North Dakota State
Marist (regretfully, most likely)
Stetson

Per this list, teams with an open date on 10/5:
Houston Baptist

Per this list, teams with an open date on 11/9:
Northern Arizona
Delaware State

nwFL Griz
April 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Not a lot of hope for a rousing 11th or even a 12th game.

Per this list, teams with an open date on 9/14:
Villanova
North Dakota State
Marist (regretfully, most likely)
Stetson

Per this list, teams with an open date on 10/5:
Houston Baptist

Per this list, teams with an open date on 11/9:
Northern Arizona
Delaware State

You missed a couple. 9/14 also has Drake, San Diego. 10/5 also has SHSU.

Bisonator
April 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Figuring out these schedules is confusing and time consuming. No wonder AD's have a tough time. It would help if more schools released their schedules whether completed or not. I'm not saying a press release but at least keep it updated on the websites. Guess I've been spoiled by GoBison.com

kdinva
April 3rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
It would help if more schools released their schedules whether completed or not......at least keep it updated on the websites. Guess I've been spoiled by GoBison.com

tell that to our SID...........and NDSU's website is great for future schedules, better than the majority of 1-A websites.

CID1990
April 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Drives me crazy every year. Our official schedule almost never comes out until less than a year before it is actually played. If they would publish the incomplete schedule at least other ADs looking for a game could give us a holler.

Bisonator
April 4th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Any Georgetown fans heard of a possible game with NDSU on 9/14?

MplsBison
April 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
You missed a couple. 9/14 also has Drake, San Diego. 10/5 also has SHSU.

Hate looking a gift horse in the mouth - appreciate what you did.

BUT ... is there any way you could also transpose your matrix, so to speak, and also show a list sorted by date? For example:

Sept 14:
School A
School B

Sept 21:
School A
School C

RabidRabbit
April 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM

Jacks and Bison have been great partners in the growth in D-I. Glad for the intense, but friendly (for the most part), rivalry between the two Land Grants. Each has contributed to leagues joined and done well in both the two major sports, as well as dominate minor sports in league play.

nwFL Griz
April 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hate looking a gift horse in the mouth - appreciate what you did.

BUT ... is there any way you could also transpose your matrix, so to speak, and also show a list sorted by date? For example:

Sept 14:
School A
School B

Sept 21:
School A
School C

Sure. I actually have it written that way on my desk. Abbreviations used, cause I'm lazy. Added to first post.

IBleedYellow
April 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I'd be pretty happy to see Georgetown come to the Dome.

ngineer
April 4th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Lehigh will not be adding a 12th game. HC Coen in interview today pretty much indicated that he likes the 'extra' time Lehigh will have in camp this year with the number of new starters expected after a large graduating class. So far, Bialkowski is the starting QB with McHale the BU. The extra time will also give Shafinsky extra time to learn the playbook as many expect him to see time this year in some capacity.

PAllen
April 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Lehigh will not be adding a 12th game. HC Coen in interview today pretty much indicated that he likes the 'extra' time Lehigh will have in camp this year with the number of new starters expected after a large graduating class. So far, Bialkowski is the starting QB with McHale the BU. The extra time will also give Shafinsky extra time to learn the playbook as many expect him to see time this year in some capacity.

Well I'm just thrilled to pieces about that. Oh well, as long as we win the week before Thanksgiving, it's a successful season.

tourguide
April 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Any Georgetown fans heard of a possible game with NDSU on 9/14?

I think the joke goes......Any Georgetown fans?

DFW HOYA
April 7th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I think the joke goes......Any Georgetown fans?

Plenty out there, more than most schools represented on this board.

It's just that most would prefer to sit at a game with actual seating, with parking, with a variety of concessions, with restrooms, a video scoreboard, some sort of halftime show, and the various other amentities offered at this place..

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/gu/graphics/verizon-center.jpg

instead of this place, which has none of that:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5aDKqsf1RVE/SpSMgdAzrwI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/yTpXuof1UQU/s400/msf5.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
April 7th, 2013, 07:46 AM

It's just that most would prefer to sit at a game with actual seating, with parking, with a variety of concessions, with restrooms, a video scoreboard, some sort of halftime show, and the various other amentities offered at this place..

How about this place?

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/ZB/ZBLQICDPIFZCVYB.20121127204724.jpg

kdinva
April 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Lehigh HC Coen in interview today pretty much indicated that he likes the 'extra' time Lehigh will have in camp this year

Please clarify, each team is allowed 28 practices before game #1.........whether the first game is August 29, or Sept. 14, etc........

MplsBison
April 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Please clarify, each team is allowed 28 practices before game #1.........whether the first game is August 29, or Sept. 14, etc........

I'd love to see the actual rule, but I have to believe it's written in such a way as to accommodate both of the follow scenarios: A) teams that don't have a game scheduled until the second (or perhaps in an extremely rare case, the third) week of the season or B) schools that don't start class until well into Sept.

bisonnation
April 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/gu/graphics/verizon-center.jpg

instead of this place, which has none of that:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5aDKqsf1RVE/SpSMgdAzrwI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/yTpXuof1UQU/s400/msf5.jpg

Nice view of buildings though... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/Multi-Sport_Field.jpg/330px-Multi-Sport_Field.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Georgetown's MSF has a great setting. In fact, it's about as collegiate as it gets.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM
How about this place?

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/ZB/ZBLQICDPIFZCVYB.20121127204724.jpg

Or this place...

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/sports/football/Goodman%20Stadium%20HOME%20BRH_2879.jpg

darell1976
April 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Too bad that UND and NDSU couldn't play each other. That was always an interesting game.

The only opportunity of 2013 that would happen is if Montana were to back out of the trip to Grand Forks, but since they didn't UND doesn't want 12 games as they would have to play 12 games in a row without a bye. UND has its mountain to climb right away with its first 3 games before the bye week...vs Valpo, vs South Dakota State, and vs Montana before BSC play starts with Montana State coming to town.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
The only opportunity of 2013 that would happen is if Montana were to back out of the trip to Grand Forks, but since they didn't UND doesn't want 12 games as they would have to play 12 games in a row without a bye. UND has its mountain to climb right away with its first 3 games before the bye week...vs Valpo, vs South Dakota State, and vs Montana before BSC play starts with Montana State coming to town.

UND better be prepared to get a heavy dose of ZZ in the run game.

If Mollberg is the QB, he will be tested by SDSU's defense....they should be pretty tough in '13.

IBleedYellow
April 7th, 2013, 08:13 PM
UND better be prepared to get a heavy dose of ZZ in the run game.

If Mollberg is the QB, he will be tested by SDSU's defense....they should be pretty tough in '13.

If UND hasn't improved their defense at all from last year, Zenner is going to be a happy man when he walks out of the Alerus Center.

darell1976
April 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM
If UND hasn't improved their defense at all from last year, Zenner is going to be a happy man when he walks out of the Alerus Center.

So far in practice Mollberg is make really good passes to the dangerous receivers that are back. As for defense they have a new coach so hopefully they will improve from the crap we saw last season. UND lost 21-0 to SDSU in our 3 win season of 2010 in Brookings...I think it's payback time. Seven home games its playoffs or bust this year.

IBleedYellow
April 7th, 2013, 09:09 PM
So far in practice Mollberg is make really good passes to the dangerous receivers that are back. As for defense they have a new coach so hopefully they will improve from the crap we saw last season. UND lost 21-0 to SDSU in our 3 win season of 2010 in Brookings...I think it's payback time. Seven home games its playoffs or bust this year.

I wouldn't be worried about your offense. If you can't stop a ground and pound offense with Zenner/Sumner, you won't really get much time to rock and roll with that high flying offense.

OFF TOPIC and PROBABLY FLAME BAIT...

I totally would come to this game in some Green and Gold if I wouldn't be giving UND money in the process.
Last time I was at an UND football game, we came home with one less window in our car. The exact window that had our NDSU Teammaker sticker on it. Don't need to support that BS again.

darell1976
April 7th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't be worried about your offense. If you can't stop a ground and pound offense with Zenner/Sumner, you won't really get much time to rock and roll with that high flying offense.

OFF TOPIC and PROBABLY FLAME BAIT...

I totally would come to this game in some Green and Gold if I wouldn't be giving UND money in the process.
Last time I was at an UND football game, we came home with one less window in our car. The exact window that had our NDSU Teammaker sticker on it. Don't need to support that BS again.

Sucks that had to happen to your car. There were Bison fans in a couple sections from us at the Montana game.

Southern Bison
April 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM

I BET BUST!!!!!

nwFL Griz
April 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Updated with the NEC teams.

MplsBison
April 9th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks nwFL Griz!!

So in looking at the update, there really aren't that many teams who don't have 11 games already scheduled. To me, any team that already has 11 is closed off.

Per your list, that leaves:
ACU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.acusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
NCA&T - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.ncataggies.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=593293&SPID=74503&DB_OEM_ID=24500&Q_SEASON=2013
SHSU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=19900&SPID=11345&SPSID=92957
JSU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.jsutigers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=669831&SPID=109801&DB_OEM_ID=29000&Q_SEASON=2013
MVSU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.mvsusports.com/news/2013/3/6/FB_0306131008.aspx

So actually, there are no longer any FCS teams except NDSU that do not have at least 11 games scheduled. (other than Houston Baptist which is not playing a full schedule this season)

If NDSU is going to get an 11th game against a FCS team, they're either going to have to pay up bigtime to convince a team with 11 games already scheduled to come to Fargo or convince them that having the back-to-back national champions come to their stadium this year is worth their while for a 12th game.

Otherwise, the options for NDSU are A) play 10 games or B) schedule a DII.

nwFL Griz
April 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks nwFL Griz!!

So in looking at the update, there really aren't that many teams who don't have 11 games already scheduled. To me, any team that already has 11 is closed off.

ACU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.acusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
NCA&T - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.ncataggies.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=593293&SPID=74503&DB_OEM_ID=24500&Q_SEASON=2013
SHSU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=19900&SPID=11345&SPSID=92957
JSU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.jsutigers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=669831&SPID=109801&DB_OEM_ID=29000&Q_SEASON=2013
MVSU - per this link, they have 11 games scheduled: http://www.mvsusports.com/news/2013/3/6/FB_0306131008.aspx

So actually, there are no longer any FCS teams except NDSU that do not have at least 11 games scheduled. (other than Houston Baptist which is not playing a full schedule this season)

If NDSU is going to get an 11th game against a FCS team, they're either going to have to pay up bigtime to convince a team with 11 games already scheduled to come to Fargo or convince them that having the back-to-back national champions come to their stadium this year is worth their while for a 12th game.

You were reading the list wrong, I am assuming you missed the neutral site games, that were listed after the home and away games. Example, NCAT - 6H 4A 1N, 8/31, 9/21. That is 6 home games, 4 away games, 1 neutral site game. The only ones on my list that don't have 11 games scheduled are Marist and HBU.

darell1976
April 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks nwFL Griz!!

We could give you SD School of Mines' phone number.;)

SamIam
April 9th, 2013, 11:47 AM
For NDSU, I'd think UAPB on 11/2 would be a good possibility for an 11th game. Could probably even find a promoter to make it a "Classic." NDSU fans travel so well to Frisco, may as well get a warm-up trip and play a classic in Little Rock or Dallas (perhaps Allen). Everyone wins. Well, except UAPB's team probably.

Would NDSU fans travel for an 11/2 regular season game?

MplsBison
April 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
You were reading the list wrong, I am assuming you missed the neutral site games, that were listed after the home and away games. Example, NCAT - 6H 4A 1N, 8/31, 9/21. That is 6 home games, 4 away games, 1 neutral site game. The only ones on my list that don't have 11 games scheduled are Marist and HBU.

Thanks twice! Yes, I stupidly thought the N was for "needed", fail.

And I missed Marist. They're the only ones that NDSU has left to woo. In the entirety of FCS football.

If I'm the athletic director at Marist, I tell Gene Taylor "300k for us to come to Fargo, that's your only option - take it or leave it". It does a team like that absolutely no good to get the back-to-back champions, from North Dakota, coming into Poughkeepsie. That's not worth anything to them, especially when they'll get pounded 50-7. They want the money.

And that being how it is, if I'm GT I say go pound sand to that option when we're already paying big $$$ for Delaware St to come to Fargo this season.

MplsBison
April 9th, 2013, 12:31 PM
For NDSU, I'd think UAPB on 11/2 would be a good possibility for an 11th game. Could probably even find a promoter to make it a "Classic." NDSU fans travel so well to Frisco, may as well get a warm-up trip and play a classic in Little Rock or Dallas (perhaps Allen). Everyone wins. Well, except UAPB's team probably.

Personally, I don't think so. But you never know.

No...I think the story of the 2013 season schedule is simply that we got screwed by Montana St and that's just the way it is. They'll go play Kansas St in a huge game for the program, have two weeks off to rest up, then play a tune up against Delaware St before starting the 8 game conference slate in easily the toughest FCS conference in the country.

The 18 returning starters for the 2013 squad have played 30 football games in the last two seasons. I think they'll be just fine with a mere 10 game regular season this year.

tourguide
April 9th, 2013, 03:42 PM

wrong NDSU could move their game with usd to September and play the flickertails the last week.

AmsterBison
April 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM

Probably not very well if it's not an easy drive or a compelling opponent.

SamIam
April 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Nov. 2
Metrodome (Gophers on the road that weekend)
Your Company's Name Here Classic
NDSU vs. UAPB

HBCU schools have classics all over the place. Surely some promoter can sell this. Make money for both schools.

Probably not very well if it's not an easy drive or a compelling opponent.

tourguide
April 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Nov. 2
Metrodome (Gophers on the road that weekend)
Your Company's Name Here Classic
NDSU vs. UAPB

HBCU schools have classics all over the place. Surely some promoter can sell this. Make money for both schools.

Sounds fun, but no way in hell NDSU goes @Carbondale @Terre Haute N-Minneapolis

NDSU will fill 9-7 or 9-14

IBleedYellow
April 9th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'm starting to think we're going to be having a 10 game season. Why schedule a non-counter DII when you could get rest instead. Thanks Bobcats....Not the fans, but your panzy of a coach and AD. You don't back out of **** when the game is going to be played in 7 months. What I'm REALLY bummed about this though: 1 less game to tailgate!

MplsBison
April 9th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I'm starting to think we're going to be having a 10 game season. Why schedule a non-counter DII when you could get rest instead. Thanks Bobcats....Not the fans, but your panzy of a coach and AD. You don't back out of **** when the game is going to be played in 7 months. What I'm REALLY bummed about this though: 1 less game to tailgate!

Money. That's the reason they'd schedule a DII instead of rest. Each NDSU home game must bring in half a million in revenue when consider all factors like tailgating fees, parking, concessions, etc.

And as you mention, it rewards fans with a 6th opportunity to tailgate, be with friends and family on a warm Sept afternoon at the Fargodome, etc.

Found this on d2football.com:

Stillman - SIAC - SR2
September 7
September 21

Stillman is looking to play an FCS opponent for a guarantee on either date.

Contact
Curtis D. Campbell
Director of Athletics
205-366-8987
[email protected]

SamIam
April 9th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Stillman has filled both of those dates: http://www.stillmanathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

SamIam
April 9th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Tarleton State (D-II - TX): Taleton State is looking for a home game September 7th of 2013. If interested, contact head coach Cary Fowler at [email protected].

NDSU pays enough and the Texans would change their tune about home/away.

DFW HOYA
April 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM
The only ones on my list that don't have 11 games scheduled are Marist and HBU.

Georgetown had 10. Who was the 11th game?

ursus arctos horribilis
April 9th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Money. That's the reason they'd schedule a DII instead of rest. Each NDSU home game must bring in half a million in revenue when consider all factors like tailgating fees, parking, concessions, etc.

And as you mention, it rewards fans with a 6th opportunity to tailgate, be with friends and family on a warm Sept afternoon at the Fargodome, etc.

Found this on d2football.com:

Stillman - SIAC - SR2
September 7
September 21

Stillman is looking to play an FCS opponent for a guarantee on either date.

Contact
Curtis D. Campbell
Director of Athletics
205-366-8987
[email protected]

Gotta agree with this sentiment. It may not count but the money, the fans going and having some fun, and an extra game of experience for all the really young kids is pretty hard to pass up if you have the chance to get a game in. It could be fairly invaluable to have those young kids a little more battle tested...even if not the kind of battle you'd like to have.

nwFL Griz
April 10th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Georgetown had 10. Who was the 11th game?

Even I miss some on my own list. Good looking out, that's another one.

So Marist, Georgetown and HBU have 10, or less.

MplsBison
April 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Yeah but everything I said about Marist applies exactly the same as Georgetown. The president will tell anyone who listens that the football team is non-scholarship, technically (in the eyes of the NCAA) they grant somewhere around the 20's in scholarship equivalencies.

In any case, G-town AD is telling Gene Taylor "$300k for us to come to Fargo in September, that's the only thing on the table - take it or leave it".

I vote for leave it.

Laker
April 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM
In any case, G-town AD is telling Gene Taylor "$300k for us to come to Fargo in September, that's the only thing on the table - take it or leave it".

I vote for leave it.

If I was Gene Taylor, I'd reply with "How about $150,000 and free rides on the Scheel's Anna Ferris Wheel?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZBzED9MvM

PAllen
April 10th, 2013, 09:48 AM
If I was Gene Taylor, I'd reply with "How about $150,000 and free rides on the Scheel's Anna Ferris Wheel?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZBzED9MvM

I don't know that $150K pays the travel expenses.

MplsBison
April 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM

Easily. $100k is enough for any team in the lower 48 to charter an Airbus A319, get about 45 rooms at a local hotel, bus transport and food catering.

DFW HOYA
April 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM

Don't know where you're getting that information. The athletic director at Georgetown does not set schedules, coaches do, and Kevin Kelly turned down a trip to NDSU in the past.

MplsBison
April 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Don't know where you're getting that information. The athletic director at Georgetown does not set schedules, coaches do, and Kevin Kelly turned down a trip to NDSU in the past.

Being facetious, you twit.

"What say you??? Your world is ending?? Gah!! Where are you getting this information? I disagree with that prospective!"

Laker
April 10th, 2013, 11:27 AM

But you've never ridden the Scheel's Anna Ferris Wheel! :D

ursus arctos horribilis
April 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Easily. $100k is enough for any team in the lower 48 to charter an Airbus A319, get about 45 rooms at a local hotel, bus transport and food catering.

I'm not sure but it may be a bit more for a charter now than a while back. I looked into chartering a plane a year or so ago and it was close to 140K but it may be different for schools I'm not sure on that one.

MplsBison
April 10th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Fair enough. I had heard NDSU paid something like $70k to charter an A319, but that might be a discount rate for chartering multiple flights in a year - or perhaps a discount rate for the school.

And that I believe was with Northwest Airlines, so that dates the info a bit.

Bisonator
April 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM
There is no reason an FCS school should have to pay another FCS school more then $200,000. If we're going to keep spending that we may as well look at FBS.

MarkyMark
April 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
There is no reason an FCS school should have to pay another FCS school more then $200,000. If we're going to keep spending that we may as well look at FBS.

Do you think it will be easier to pay teams to come to Fargo when we go FBS someday?

Once you are FBS the price to buy a game goes way up.

Bisonator
April 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Do you think it will be easier to pay teams to come to Fargo when we go FBS someday?

Once you are FBS the price to buy a game goes way up.

I don't know about way up. Montana State is only getting $300,000 for playing SMU this season instead of NDSU.

tourguide
April 10th, 2013, 03:11 PM

so if they have to pay 250k to bring fcs teams in, they should go fbs where it will cost a million+ to bring fbs teams in. I guess if you are really drunk that makes perfect sense

Bisonator
April 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
so if they have to pay 250k to bring fcs teams in, they should go fbs where it will cost a million+ to bring fbs teams in. I guess if you are really drunk that makes perfect sense

Who is paying a million+ for a game?

I'm saying if we are going to pay an FCS school $250K+ to come here we may as well be FBS.

Most FBS games would have to be home and home or 2 for 1 deals.

tourguide
April 10th, 2013, 03:43 PM
u mentioned payouts for gurantuee games but I'm suppose to assume that is not what you mean when they try to schedule fbs games?

ok so since it might cost NDSU 250k to bring in fcs teams, it will be easier in fbs for NDSU to complete their schedule because other fbs schools will jump at the chance to sign home and home contracts to play in Fargo. or better yet a 2-1 meaning many years NDSU will have no ooc games at home , except vs fcs schools which they will have to pay 400 thousand or more. now its making perfect sense

MplsBison
April 10th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Who is paying a million+ for a game?

I'm saying if we are going to pay an FCS school $250K+ to come here we may as well be FBS.

Most FBS games would have to be home and home or 2 for 1 deals.

Big time FBS programs have paid closer to a million to lower FBS programs, like an Alabama to a Sun Belt or Ohio St to a MAC. Something along those lines.

I think that's what he was talking about, but no idea what that has to do with NDSU or moving to FBS.

As an FBS team, NDSU would have 4 conference home games, in say the MAC, would likely pay $250k to bring an FCS team in for a 5th home game, then work with other FBS teams (like Sun Belt, MWC and CUSA) for home and homes on the other three slots.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
An informal LFN survey says folks would show for St. Francis (PA) playing @ Lehigh on 8/31.

tourguide
April 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM
As an FBS team, NDSU would have 4 conference home games, in say the MAC, would likely pay $250k to bring an FCS team in for a 5th home game, then work with other FBS teams (like Sun Belt, MWC and CUSA) for home and homes on the other three slots.

NDSU has a hard enough time getting FCS schools in now at 250K. How in the world would it be easier with a move to FBS paying 250k?

Teams dont want to come to Fargo, plain and simple. Moving to FBS would make getting home OOC games even more difficult. If you are a fan of NDSU moving to FBS than you have to be a fan of NDSU rarely getting home OOC games against FBS teams. In a 20 year span, my guess is they would maybe have 3 of those years where they would have more home games than away games.

So the point is it will be even more difficult to fill a schedule for NDSU at FBS if the point is to have home games. The reason this is taking so long is the program and boosters want 6 home games.

MplsBison
April 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM
NDSU has a hard enough time getting FCS schools in now at 250K. How in the world would it be easier with a move to FBS paying 250k?

Teams dont want to come to Fargo, plain and simple. Moving to FBS would make getting home OOC games even more difficult. If you are a fan of NDSU moving to FBS than you have to be a fan of NDSU rarely getting home OOC games against FBS teams. In a 20 year span, my guess is they would maybe have 3 of those years where they would have more home games than away games.

So the point is it will be even more difficult to fill a schedule for NDSU at FBS if the point is to have home games. The reason this is taking so long is the program and boosters want 6 home games.

My opinion of your post is: a lot of huffing about nothing.

The MAC is the conference NDSU would be joining, so look at a school like Northern Illinois for the model that works. Like I said, 1 FCS and 3 FBS. And just like No Illinois, it would be just fine for NDSU to play a BCS level opponent in Minneapolis at the Vikings stadium (just like NIU does in Chicago at the Bears stadium).

The reason it would be different is that in FCS we're offering guarantees for one home game only to other FCS teams. In FBS we'd be making deals with other FBS teams for home and homes or 2-for-1's.

It's easy for you to get all huffy about something you know nothing about. Try researching before you make crude statements.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM
http://i.my.afterdawn.com//standard/16598.jpg

hebmskebm
April 10th, 2013, 06:20 PM
If you toggle up to 2013-14 you can see Georgetown's schedule. Final piece of puzzle is game w/ Marist on 9/14. So those two have 11 games.

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/gu-m-footbl-sched.html

Chuck Norris
April 18th, 2013, 10:47 AM
This was on the GSUFANS site! Im just putting it out there. They said it was posted On 4/17

@KleinleinAD: “@sandeagle98:What are chances of getting a 12th game for this football season?”
Working on that limited opportunities rt now. @KleinleinAD