PDA

View Full Version : Fandom for sale...

blueballs
March 27th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Since I am a REAL big fan of the FCS playoffs and GSU has taken the plunge into FBS, I am now willing to sell my fandom to another FCS team.

Here's what you get:

a) I will follow your program and offer rational discussion and critique of your games, opponents, and conference.

b) I will root for your team in any game not involving GSU.

c) I will defend your program on message boards against your idiot rivals.

d) I will obtain and sport an item of your gear for big games- I prefer a hat and maybe a t-shirt because I am cool and will not look like a dork.

e) Logistics and schedule willing, I will attend a playoff game (or games) involving your team.

Here's what I want for my fandom... a contribution to the charity of your choosing. I solely will deem what is worthy and which contribution I consider the best and ultimately which program I will pledge my FCS fandom to. That's it. Pretty easy huh?

Now let's see whose bandwagon I wind up jumping on... let the bidding begin!

superman7515
March 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM
And the first bid is in...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1056570/thumbs/o-NORTH-KOREA-COMPUTER-PHOTO-570.jpg

TheRevSFA
March 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM
SFA could always use more fans..but...the question is..can you pull off Purple?

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 03:33 PM

It's not easy.

http://sp5.fotolog.com/photo/21/36/80/pelusopolizz/1271625087685_f.jpg

BEAR
March 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
He could pull this off:....right?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4815492475781232&pid=1.7

BigSouthFB
March 27th, 2013, 03:47 PM
How about the team that will probably replace you guys in the SoCon... Mercer?

Smitty
March 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
http://tinyurl.com/bldzs4o

Even this?

IBleedYellow
March 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Let's be honest, if you want to cheer for another winning program....

Southern Bison
March 27th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I have been part of a charity for quite a while and can show receipts donating hundreds of dollars already. Does that work?

http://www.stabilitees.com/store/image/cache/data/Designs/i-support-single-moms-41133951-800x800.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
March 27th, 2013, 04:02 PM

Are you kidding me? "Pull off purple"? He's been blueballs for so long I'd highly suggest get busy pulling off purple cuz I'm not even sure what color comes after that...but it ain't good.

Southern Bison
March 27th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Are you kidding me? "Pull off purple"? He's been blueballs for so long I'd highly suggest get busy pulling off purple cuz I'm not even sure what color comes after that...but it ain't good.

I would guess that he would be in line for these:
http://catiekleihdesign.com/journal/images/neuticles_screen.png

ursus arctos horribilis
March 27th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I would guess that he would be in line for these:
http://catiekleihdesign.com/journal/images/neuticles_screen.png

You really have been pushing those lately. xlolx

I guess it shows our off season discussion level when that fits in several different conversations...and in short order.

walliver
March 27th, 2013, 04:16 PM
How much of a donation would be required for you to pull for Chatty and defend Chattownmocs?

IBleedYellow
March 27th, 2013, 04:17 PM
How much of a donation would be required for you to pull for Chatty and defend Chattownmocs?

Oh MY. I would put my money in this pool.

blueballs
March 27th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Asking a GSU fan to wear purple (Furman's color) is quite the insult...

I actually have family in the Chatty area and used to own a home in Georgetown so Chatty ain't as far fetched as it sounds. It is also VERY cheap and easy for me to get to courtesy of Allegiant Air out of Sanford, FL.

IBleedYellow
March 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Asking a GSU fan to wear purple (Furman's color) is quite the insult...

I actually have family in the Chatty area and used to own a home in Georgetown so Chatty ain't as far fetched as it sounds. It is also VERY cheap and easy for me to get to courtesy of Allegiant Air out of Sanford, FL.

With that in mind. Cal Poly it is!

ASU_Fanatic
March 27th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Go with some random school that has no fans like Central Connecticut

bonarae
March 27th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Why not Stony Brook? I am pondering to make that move as well if Harvard and the Ivy go the NESCAC route.

Or maybe Albany for me.

Which is a better bandwagon team?

(Note: I have cousins studying/who studied in each of the two decent playoff-participating schools)

Go Green
March 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM
if Harvard and the Ivy go the NESCAC route.

Google "Dayton Rule."

Your alma mater isn't paying Amaker the big $$$ to coach D-III.

aceinthehole
March 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Go with some random school that has no fans like Central Connecticut

Hey - we're here!

Go...gate
March 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I have been part of a charity for quite a while and can show receipts donating hundreds of dollars already. Does that work?

http://www.stabilitees.com/store/image/cache/data/Designs/i-support-single-moms-41133951-800x800.jpg

Indeed, a most outstanding and worthy charity. xbeerchugx

Eagle22
March 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Since I am a REAL big fan of the FCS playoffs and GSU has taken the plunge into FBS, I am now willing to sell my fandom to another FCS team.

Here's what you get:

a) I will follow your program and offer rational discussion and critique of your games, opponents, and conference.

d) I will obtain and sport an item of your gear for big games- I prefer a hat and maybe a t-shirt because I am cool and will not look like a dork.

e) Logistics and schedule willing, I will attend a playoff game (or games) involving your team.

Here's what I want for my fandom... a contribution to the charity of your choosing. I solely will deem what is worthy and which contribution I consider the best and ultimately which program I will pledge my FCS fandom to. That's it. Pretty easy huh?

So in theory, I could pay you to be a Furman fan ?

PAllen
March 27th, 2013, 07:36 PM
And the first bid is in...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1056570/thumbs/o-NORTH-KOREA-COMPUTER-PHOTO-570.jpg

Hey, the new North Korea Industries laptop with optional wifi antenna. I'm still waiting for the one I pre-ordered on ebay.:p

dungeonjoe
March 27th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Here's what you get:

I admire your allegiance to FCS... Even if its bought :) I am willing to discuss!

Cocky
March 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
If JSU isnt going to be number 1 please go to another team.

Pard4Life
March 27th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Columbia could use some fans. So could Bucknell.

SpeedkingATL
March 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I think I'll choose WCU as my new FCS team since half the coaching staff are former Mountaineers that are good guys and they certainly need the support. I will never wear purple..............

darell1976
March 27th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Cheer for North Dakota!!! It's always fun to get into a pissing match with Bison fans. GSU fans know what they are like.

Southern Bison
March 27th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Cheer for North Dakota!!! It's always fun to get into a pissing match with Bison fans. GSU fans know what they are like.

All Whioux fans can offer is wampum and 2 jugs of firewater.

darell1976
March 27th, 2013, 08:53 PM
All Whioux fans can offer is wampum and 2 jugs of firewater.

Bison fans can offer get out of jail free cards.

apaladin
March 27th, 2013, 08:54 PM
The obvious choice is Furman. GSU has more history with Furman than anyone else. It is driveable and we will be back in the playoffs soon. FU is the only mamber of the original Big 3 left. Welcome!

Redwyn
March 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIw6ewzcFXs&list=UU8896qpTeFyKSnQpIzu44MQ&index=34

Just watch that and you're a Seawolf. Amazingly well done video.

Also - if you like basketball....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBTNva3Mfi0&list=UU8896qpTeFyKSnQpIzu44MQ&index=10

frozennorth
March 28th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Bison fans can offer get out of jail free cards.

sorry those are reserved for hockey players.

blueballs
March 28th, 2013, 07:27 AM

Ha! I thought you knew me better than tha...

Plus, there ain't enough money ineven in the vast E22 financial empire to make that happen. LOL

blueballs
March 28th, 2013, 07:28 AM

Ha! I thought you knew me better than that...

Plus, there ain't enough money in even the vast E22 financial empire to make that happen. LOL

Eagle22
March 28th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Ha! I thought you knew me better than tha...

Plus, there ain't enough money ineven in the vast E22 financial empire to make that happen. LOL

lol, I thought you knew me better ... I'd never spend a dime for Furman :D , I said "in theory" ....

blueballs
March 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just to be clear... I'm not dumping GSU. ;-) I'm just in need of an FCS team now that GSU has taken the FBS plunge.

The early leader is Stetson because I do a LOT of business in Deland, Orange City, Deltona, and Debary, and my uncle used to be an asst coach there..

ursus arctos horribilis
March 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Just to be clear... I'm not dumping GSU. ;-) I'm just in need of an FCS team now that GSU has taken the FBS plunge.

The early leader is Stetson because I do a LOT of business in Deland, Orange City, Deltona, and Debary, and my uncle used to be an asst coach there..

We'd love to have you as a Griz fan but Griz fandom comes naturally and buying it just doesn't happen. With that said I believe you have stated above that criteria being met by Stetson so I look forward to seeing your new hat avatar.

I think we're gonna have FormerPoke's donation drive for his ride coming up soon anyway and I gotta put the resources into that fund.xthumbsupx

WWII
March 28th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Why not Stony Brook? I am pondering to make that move as well if Harvard and the Ivy go the NESCAC route.

Or maybe Albany for me.

Which is a better bandwagon team?

(Note: I have cousins studying/who studied in each of the two decent playoff-participating schools)

I'll have an extra ticket for you, if you're in Albany.

McNeese75
March 28th, 2013, 10:59 PM
It's a no brainer. McNeese fans have a real dislike for the ULL Ragin Cajuns. You will too soon so its a natural alliance xnodx

laxVik
March 28th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Clearly it should be PSU. With our once baseball now soccer stadium with ho hum attendance in a land of micro breweries and can't pump your own gas gas stations.

IBleedYellow
March 29th, 2013, 12:25 AM
It's a no brainer. McNeese fans have a real dislike for the ULL Ragin Cajuns. You will too soon so its a natural alliance xnodx

No No No. Haven't you figured the FBS conferences out yet? They all cheer on each other in their OOC games, making themselves look better. It's almost like a circle jerk, at least in the small ones, and from what I read over on Sunbeltbbs.

Tribe4SF
March 29th, 2013, 05:46 AM
This is a no-brainer. We've already got half your fellow Statesboro retards. Become a part of...

One Tribe!!!

superman7515
March 29th, 2013, 05:52 AM
This is a no-brainer. We've already got half your fellow Statesboro retards. Become a part of...

One Tribe!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoendYt_ZJ0

It's pronounced re-tard Tribe.

blueballs
March 29th, 2013, 12:22 PM

As you may remember 75, I visited your tailgate when GSU played y'all in 9/2003. I had a HELLUVA time!!!!! My wife and EagleGus2 wore a path between the GeauxCowboys tailgate and the Frosty Factory. Good times indeed!!!

I could think of a lot worse programs to be a fan of...

blueballs
March 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM

One Tribe!!!

My processor's daughter just got accepted into William and Mary. It looks like it is between W&M and Carnegie Mellon for where she goes... if it is W&M I'll have to root for y'all!!!!

Ivytalk
March 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM
My processor's daughter just got accepted into William and Mary. It looks like it is between W&M and Carnegie Mellon for where she goes... if it is W&M I'll have to root for y'all!!!!

BB, you'd look good in Green and Gold. I have family ties to the Tribe. OTOH, you'd also acquit yourself well in the Blue Hen regalia, and they can use all the fans they can get these post-Keeler days!
xcoolx

bojeta
March 30th, 2013, 09:46 AM
With that in mind. Cal Poly it is!

We're just completing a small expansion of the stadium, so there's a seat waiting for you ;). Not a bad time to switch to the Mustangs. I predict good things this year :)

PhillyApp1
March 30th, 2013, 10:09 AM

My loyalty has to do with color (no purple), tradition, and most importantly ITS TAILGATING !

Southern Bison
March 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Real tailgating happens where you don't need a cooler for your beer and the last one is colder than your first!

DSUrocks07
March 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I vote Savannah State.

Tribe4SF
March 31st, 2013, 07:55 AM

Carnegie Mellon is a fine school, but that choice is also a no-brainer. Welcome to One Tribe!

RowdyRedhawk
March 31st, 2013, 09:13 AM
i could really use another supporter of southeast Missouri!

HandoEX
March 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Prairie View A&M. Their team sucks, but their fans are fantastic.

PhillyApp1
March 31st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Real tailgating happens where you don't need a cooler for your beer and the last one is colder than your first!

Something to think about....its like some games at APP ;-)
I do have some friends in Fergus Falls,MN not far from The Dome, plus we live close to eachother so we can find a bar to watch games ???