PDA

View Full Version : Who's headed to Frisco in 2014

Bisonator
March 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM
to lose to NDSU? GO BISON!!! xnodx

Think we need some new threads besides the ASU, GSU, FBS stuff that's flooding the board. What say you FCS fans, who will challenge for the championship this year?

chattownmocs
March 26th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I've said it before, I yhink we are going to whip y'alls *** down there.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 26th, 2013, 02:50 PM

In what?

pike51
March 26th, 2013, 02:53 PM

UTC couldn't make a championship game if it was played in Chattanooga (again) and you received an automatic bye.

Bisonator
March 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM

Bring it! xspankx

chattownmocs
March 26th, 2013, 02:56 PM
In what?

Football. If you.guys cant make it back it will be understandable. A 3peat is tough.

pike51
March 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Football. If you.guys cant make it back it will be understandable. A 3peat is tough.

Apparently not as tough as actually making the playoffs is for UTC.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM

Apparently so is a 1 peat.

BigSouthFB
March 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM

chattownmocs
March 26th, 2013, 03:04 PM
No one can touch the talent and experience of our defense. Our offense is about to explode in the new system.

IBleedYellow
March 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Threepeat. With our toughest competition out of the way, this is still going to be hard, though.

If our guys play with the mindset of the last two years, this is going to be a fun season to watch.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
No one can touch the talent and experience of our defense. Our offense is about to explode in the new system.

Agreed, No one in Chattanooga can come close to your defense.

TheRevSFA
March 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
regardless of who plays..I'll be there since it's a short 5 hour drive for me.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM
regardless of who plays..I'll be there since it's a short 5 hour drive for me.

It will soon only be a 7 hr drive for me so I may have to meet ya.

Sammy94
March 26th, 2013, 04:09 PM
3rd times the charm.

proasu89
March 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM
In what?

Vag basketball

IBleedYellow
March 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM
3rd times the charm.

Mention Frisco and these guys come out of hiding.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I'll be there if NDSU is there or not.

eaglesrback
March 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard for you own good.....

Lehigh'98
March 27th, 2013, 06:29 AM
South Dakota vs Colgate......the rematch the country has been waiting for.

pike51
March 27th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Wow... neg rep from Chattown with the comment:

20 starters return. 1game behind. 3ot. no chance? GTFO

I only ask 2 questions... don't you have to make the playoffs in order to be in the championship game? When was the last time UTC actually MADE the playoffs?

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM

Hey at least BNation, if he ever shows up again, gets to change his avatar back in a couple weeks.

Sammy94
March 27th, 2013, 07:55 AM

I've been here, there is just to much GSU / App stepping into irrelevancy talk for me.

Bisonator
March 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
3rd times the charm.

You guys lost quite a few starters didn't you? IMO you need to replace Bell at QB. Guy can't win the big one, takes a hit and goes into a shell, turtle syndrome!

Sammy94
March 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
You guys lost quite a few starters didn't you?

Yes we lost most of the secondary, so we will see how that plays out. The LB's will be the stronger group this up coming year with the addition of this guy.
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brock_tanner00.html

The offense is still pretty much the same. I'm not the biggest Bell fan but he can't do anything with no time to do it. Our O-line needs the most off season work. We have some bigger and stronger O-line coming up so maybe they will better protect Bell.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Yes we lost most of the secondary, so we will see how that plays out. The LB's will be the stronger group this up coming year with the addition of this guy.
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brock_tanner00.html

The offense is still pretty much the same. I'm not the biggest Bell fan but he can't do anything with no time to do it. Our O-line needs the most off season work. We have some bigger and stronger O-line coming up so maybe they will better protect Bell.

Better put your athletic trainers on some agility programs as well. As fragile as Bell is, they may have to run out on the field again.

Did anyone else see that?

IBleedYellow
March 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I've been here, there is just to much GSU / App stepping into irrelevancy talk for me.

I stand corrected. You do come around. The rest of your fans, not so much. My apologies.

Bisonator
March 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Better put your athletic trainers on some agility programs as well. As fragile as Bell is, they may have to run out on the field again.

Did anyone else see that?

Yeah that was funny. She just laughed, clumsy beotch! Glad he wasn't seriously hurt or it could have been made worse.

HailSzczur
March 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Nova's gonna be a fun to watch and I'm expecting nothing less than the playoffs out of nest years team.

Andy Talley is a little more optimistic and says we're gearing up for a NCAA Championship run, so I guess well see you Bison Fans in Frisco :D

The Eagle's Cliff
March 27th, 2013, 01:15 PM

Really don't want to derail this thread, but if moving from the SoCon to the Sun Belt is "stepping into irrelevancy", what are we stepping out of? Obscurity?

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM

http://www.deviantart.com/download/301732016/aliens___meme__by_pauljs75-d4zn5ww.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Really don't want to derail this thread, but if moving from the SoCon to the Sun Belt is "stepping into irrelevancy", what are we stepping out of? Obscurity?

I think I'm going to miss you most of all, Cliffy.

Sammy94
March 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM
SoCon to the Sun Belt is "stepping into irrelevancy", what are we stepping out of? Obscurity?

Going from powerhouse status or what you now call obscurity to the likes of Tx State, North Texas or the tons of other non-relevant teams you will be compared to then congrats. I just don't want to read about it on every thread so go back to one of the other 10.

Bisonator
March 28th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Hey Montana fans, are you guys going to be contenders this year or pretenders like last year? You get your QB back, but will he be the starter? Does he fit in with the current coaching staff and scheme? xdontknowx

At least don't let those panty wastes MSU and EWU win the BSC!

darell1976
March 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
NDSU vs UND for the National Title!!

IBleedYellow
March 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM

I'd be down to have NDSU get the ENTIRE stadium in Frisco. Although, it'd be even more fun to shutout you guys down there.

I'd bet money that the NCAA playoff selection board wouldn't put us on opposite sides of the bracket unless it goes 1 seed 2 seed.

Nexus 4

Bisonator
March 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM

That would be epic! Not gonna happen though.

darell1976
March 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
That would be epic! Not gonna happen though.

I think any chance the NCAA selection committee has they would put UND against NDSU as early as possible. But what a first DI meeting between the two teams if it was in Frisco.

IBleedYellow
March 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I think any chance the NCAA selection committee has they would put UND against NDSU as early as possible. But what a first DI meeting between the two teams if it was in Frisco.

You have to get there first. ;)

I almost don't wish this upon Frisco, to be honest. They are a very awesome host. The amount of hate between the programs wouldn't be ideal to have all of us down there. Last time I was at one of your games, I was spit on and our car window was broken out because of our Team Maker sticker. That's bull...

darell1976
March 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
You have to get there first. ;)

I almost don't wish this upon Frisco, to be honest. They are a very awesome host. The amount of hate between the programs wouldn't be ideal to have all of us down there. Last time I was at one of your games, I was spit on and our car window was broken out because of our Team Maker sticker. That's bull...

Things happen at rival games and both sides have @ssholes that do stupid crap like that. Add alcohol to the hatred and you have something that Texan's hasn't seen since the Alamo. As for your first statement...very true. UND is going to have a redshirt QB to lead the team, plus our suspect defense and going to Frisco would be only a dream, but anything can happen. We could be the next Florida Gulf Coast.:D

Reign of Terrier
March 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Wofford will hopefully be improved on offense. EB being replaced will be a hurdle but we look for improvement at the QB position and to grow at the HB position. Defensively, the key is replacing the corners.

If we can do that, we will be roughly the same caliber team as last year. Losing our DC seems like a big thing but we promoted an on-staff guy who's been here a while.

I predict Wofford and NDSU; NDSU will definitely be the force to be reckoned with in the FCS, but Wofford has never had a team with so many players with this much playoff experience, conference championships, home victories (we've only lost two home games in the last 3 years, both to GSU). This could be the year Wofford breaks through to the next level. We don't play any D2 teams, we play the Citadel and GSU early which I think benefits us as GSU often comes out of the gate stumbling offensively and we play the Citadel well in Charleston.

Wofford could come out on top. It depends. NDSU is REALLY good.

IBleedYellow
March 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Wofford will hopefully be improved on offense. EB being replaced will be a hurdle but we look for improvement at the QB position and to grow at the HB position. Defensively, the key is replacing the corners.

If we can do that, we will be roughly the same caliber team as last year. Losing our DC seems like a big thing but we promoted an on-staff guy who's been here a while.

I predict Wofford and NDSU; NDSU will definitely be the force to be reckoned with in the FCS, but Wofford has never had a team with so many players with this much playoff experience, conference championships, home victories (we've only lost two home games in the last 3 years, both to GSU). This could be the year Wofford breaks through to the next level. We don't play any D2 teams, we play the Citadel and GSU early which I think benefits us as GSU often comes out of the gate stumbling offensively and we play the Citadel well in Charleston.

Wofford could come out on top. It depends. NDSU is REALLY good.

This will probably be it. I don't see many teams that will be able to stop you guys. We won 14-7 last year, granted you guys had EB then, and gave us all you could. We will see, a new year, new teams and new coaches. Is it football season yet?!

BisonFan02
March 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM
This will probably be it. I don't see many teams that will be able to stop you guys. We won 14-7 last year, granted you guys had EB then, and gave us all you could. We will see, a new year, new teams and new coaches. Is it football season yet?!

This. I was hit with alot of "haterade" when I said this previously, but Wofford scared me alot more than GSU did last year because of their D. I think they were a QB/second option outside of EB away from beating the Bison last year.

Hammerhead
March 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
And GSU might have been a kicker away from beating the Bison (or at least getting into overtime) last year. ;) Football is the ultimate team sport IMHO.

This. I was hit with alot of "haterade" when I said this previously, but Wofford scared me alot more than GSU did last year because of their D. I think they were a QB/second option outside of EB away from beating the Bison last year.

Southern Bison
March 28th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Is there anyone out of the other power conferences (CAA, BSC) that could sneak into Frisco or even from the other conferences? With ODU, App, & GaSo out of the FCS, does this open the door for a Cal Poly, Villanova, or others to get their shot?

NoDak 4 Ever
March 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Is there anyone out of the other power conferences (CAA, BSC) that could sneak into Frisco or even from the other conferences? With ODU, App, & GaSo out of the FCS, does this open the door for a Cal Poly, Villanova, or others to get their shot?

Since the end of App's run, neither team has seen the finals.

Bisonator
March 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I could see Wofford getting there with their defense.

BisonFan02
March 28th, 2013, 01:42 PM
The CAA and the SoCon are going to be wide open...BSC will be top heavy again....two or fewer conf losses will win the MVFC, but I think there could be more parity this year.

IBleedYellow
March 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Since the end of App's run, neither team reached them again. Nor will they ever.

FIFY

This next playoff year is going to be a battle of two good defenses in North Dakota State vs Wofford.

Nexus 4

frozennorth
March 28th, 2013, 05:33 PM
i see some hawt bison on bunny action.

da_Bison
March 28th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Cal Poly returns like 20 starters as does I believe Villanova and Richmond

Bisonator
March 29th, 2013, 07:28 AM
i see some hawt bison on bunny action.

We would be on the same side of the bracket and same result as last year!

Southern Bison
March 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Cal Poly returns like 20 starters as does I believe Villanova and Richmond

That's what I was thinking...we could see teams like Cal Poly, Villanova, & Richmond even reaching a seeded playoff spot with the exodus of 3 perennial playoff teams for the FBS. We could also see 4 teams from the MVFC get in as well (NDSU, SDSU, ISU-b?, YSU?)

RabidRabbit
March 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM

Unfortunately, this is a guaranteed 1st or 2nd round game. The only school closer to Fargo than SDSU, and not in the same FB conference? Every year both schools are eligible, and unseeded, this will happen. It would move to a "West" play-in game if both are seeded.

SDSU was shafted this last season, and is likely to get similar treatment in the future. If not NDSU, likely to be a Big Sky seeded team. The Dakota schools are the closest to the Big Sky that virtually every year, these teams will match up. It will be very rare that a Dakota school will play east. The other MVFC qualifiers will be selected.

IBleedYellow
March 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, this is a guaranteed 1st or 2nd round game. The only school closer to Fargo than SDSU, and not in the same FB conference? Every year both schools are eligible, and unseeded, this will happen. It would move to a "West" play-in game if both are seeded.

SDSU was shafted this last season, and is likely to get similar treatment in the future. If not NDSU, likely to be a Big Sky seeded team. The Dakota schools are the closest to the Big Sky that virtually every year, these teams will match up. It will be very rare that a Dakota school will play east. The other MVFC qualifiers will be selected.

Only time I don't see it happening is when they are seeding 1/2 or 3/4.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Villanova and Cal Poly would be my two favorites. I also think UNI will be back in a big way.

ewueagle2010
March 29th, 2013, 10:15 PM
If EWU can survive their brutal schedule that includes road games at Oregon State, Toledo, Sam Houston, Cal Poly, and Montana, they'll be primed for another National Title run. Defense should be improved and offense still has a lot of playmakers despite losing the Big 3 WR's. Running game will be hard for anyone to defend. Time will tell, but the possibilities are high for Eastern!

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM
EWU and Cal Poly will be tough from the Big Sky. I don't know what N Arizona loses. Montana could be in the mix if JJ comes back.

The Valley will be tough again this year. SDSU-YSU-UNI-NDSU should be the top 4.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
If nothing else, I hope we don't have to wade through the Bison doubters this year pinning their hopes on one bad game or whatever. That was exhausting last year.