PDA

View Full Version : So.... Who's next?

NDSUguy
March 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Who is on deck for jumping to the FBS? Will there be others?

Professor Chaos
March 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM
James Madison or Liberty would be my guess.

BEAR
March 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM
UCA..........in 10 years. Sunbelt is a perfect fit regional-wise. Might as well move the rest of the SLC up..well, McNeese, Sam, and SFA anyway. xlolx

Appaholic
March 25th, 2013, 07:23 PM
James Madison or Liberty would be my guess.

Agree. Especially JMU.

superman7515
March 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I believe the Rev said he has some inside info that JMU is under serious consideration by the Sun Belt.

GSU_Alum08
March 25th, 2013, 08:27 PM
NDSU

TheRevSFA
March 25th, 2013, 08:53 PM
JMU will be next. App states travel partner in sbc

MplsBison
March 25th, 2013, 08:54 PM
NDSU

To where??? Show us the light!

MAC is the only chance and the closest school to Fargo is Dekalb, 600+ miles. Too far.

But...if we could bridge that gap with Northern Iowa.... xprayx

superman7515
March 25th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Sounds like JMU might be left out....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/21949121/sun-belt-will-grow-by-four-in-2014-

The addition of Georgia Southern and Appalachian State – already being reported by multiple outlets – will be announced Wednesday according to sources within the conference. Later in the week, perhaps as early Thursday, it is expected that New Mexico State and Idaho will also join the league beginning in 2014.

Idaho and New Mexico State football will be football-only members. Beginning in 2014, that will give the league 12 members, enough to stage a conference playoff that will be played on the campuses. Georgia Southern and Appalachian State have long been speculated to join the Sun Belt after the league felt the effects of conference realignment.

TheRevSFA
March 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Benson using the old WAC logic of having teams in four time zones. Didn't work then and it's going to be rough now

Take NMSU and jmu. Leave Idaho.

MplsBison
March 25th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Nope!

Idaho football going to the Sun Belt (bball in the Big Sky). Neener - frickin' - Neener!!

JMU can join the Sun Belt when WKU goes over to the CUSA.

FargoBison
March 25th, 2013, 10:59 PM
To where??? Show us the light!

MAC is the only chance and the closest school to Fargo is Dekalb, 600+ miles. Too far.

But...if we could bridge that gap with Northern Iowa.... xprayx

For a football only spot does travel really matter? I mean seriously the Belt is adding Idaho.

IBleedYellow
March 26th, 2013, 12:17 AM
For a football only spot does travel really matter? I mean seriously the Belt is adding Idaho.

Seriously? We're in the Summit and you'd want to join as Football only?! ;)

But really, I feel like IF the MAC came calling and only wanted us for football, we'd have some serious things to consider.