Nov 5

UR v VMI W
1-0

Nov 12

UMass @ Army L
UNH v Iona W
1-1

TotaL OOC A-10 Record 25-11

Here's where it gets interesting. If the A-10 OOC plays out like this than the selection commitee could be put in a very difficult position.

WM (3-0)
UD (2-1)
UNH (2-1)
JMU (3-0)
UMass (2-1)
Hofstra (2-1)

I believe the above teams are potentially playoff caliber in 2005. If they all finish 2-1 or 3-0 in their OOC then there is a good chance four or perhaps even five will finish at 8-3 or better. The committee could be forced, (depending on what happens with other typical multi-bid conferences and their auto-bids) to leave one or possibly two 8-3 A10 teams out of the field of 16.

I think there is a good chance this happens this year because all four playoff participants from last year return solid cores for another playoff run (though all four have some question marks). Then add improved Hofstra and UMass squads to the mix. Whether or not this scenario plays out will likely depend not on the OOC, but on the number of upsets teams like UR, Maine, Villanova, NU and URI are able to produce in conference.

Assume for a second that UMass wins the north and the A10 autobid and JMU, UD and WM all finish 8-3 in he south. Assume also that the A10 only gets three teams into the field. In this scenario I could actually see one of the last two NCs being left out. WM plays an all DI schedule including a IA. JMU and UD play a DII. Just a thought.

There are dozens of possible scenarios. Bottom line, I predict an A10 team will be watching the playoffs with an 8-3 record in 2005. Hofstra, UD and JMU being the most vulnerable due to their SOS.

OL FU
June 6th, 2005, 01:50 PM
W&M @ Marshall W

Nothing would please me more.

Hofstra @ Furman L

I am getting more excited about this one every day.

ucdtim17
June 6th, 2005, 02:43 PM
UC DAVIS not CAL DAVIS

thanks

ChickenMan
June 6th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Sept 1

W&M @ Marshall W

Sept 10

UD v Lehigh L

A little wishful thinking??? W&M winning at Marshall and UD losing at home to Lehigh... could happen... but it's much more likely that you've got those two reversed... ;)

putter
June 6th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Villanova losing to Rutgers? Do you really think they will lose? If Villanova is as good as people say they will be they should take care of SUNJ!

ChickenMan
June 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Villanova losing to Rutgers? Do you really think they will lose? If Villanova is as good as people say they will be they should take care of SUNJ!

While Rutgers is hardly a Big East powerhouse... they may be a little better than most people think. After losing two years in a row to 1AA schools... I'm pretty sure that Rutgers will be taking Villanova very seriously this time around and I would be surprised to see them lose to another 1AA program again this year.

WMTribe90
June 6th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Yea, I suspect Villanova isn't as good and Rutgers is a little better than last time Villanova "upset" the Scarlet Knights.

Chicken Man,

These are both upset picks. I think WM and Leghigh both have about a 40-percent chance of winning their respective matchups. I think Lehigh has a real shot for a couple reasons. They will be playing their second game, while it will be UD's opener. Lehigh typically plays up against top-notch competition. UD, while talented, will be breaking in several new starters. UD has gotten off to a slow start the last two years (i.e., scare from Towson last year).

Meanwhile, Marshall has a new head coach and coaching staff, new QB, and returns less than half their starters from a mediocre 04 squad. WM typically plays well against IA foes.

So, probably a bit of wishful thinking, but at least here's a method to my madness.

ChickenMan
June 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Meanwhile, Marshall has a new head coach and coaching staff, new QB, and returns less than half their starters from a mediocre 04 squad. WM typically plays well against IA foes.

Good luck at Marshall... Huntington WVa was not one of my favorite trips... hope you stick to the 'Herd' and their inhospitable fans.

charliej
June 6th, 2005, 05:40 PM
While Rutgers is hardly a Big East powerhouse... they may be a little better than most people think. After losing two years in a row to 1AA schools... I'm pretty sure that Rutgers will be taking Villanova very seriously this time around and I would be surprised to see them lose to another 1AA program again this year.

I have to agree. :( RU has improved since our last meeting,and I have too many questions about our D. Still,I'm looking forward to a good game & I expect it to be close one way or the other.

WMTribe90
June 6th, 2005, 05:58 PM
CM,

Thanks, I'd love to humble the Marshall fans a tad too. Unfortunately, I usually can make only one or two games a year from Denver. Marshall's not on the agenda, but I'll be listening on the internet broadcast.

Charlie,

How does your OL look? I've heard that was a weakness last year.

Chi Panther
June 6th, 2005, 06:01 PM
I think the Nova vs Penn game will be a good measuring stick game.

Penn and Harvard always have solid teams....with usually one or the other going undefeated...

With how solid the A-10 has been....I want to see how this game plays out...

charliej
June 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Charlie,

How does your OL look? I've heard that was a weakness last year.

O line got off to a bad start last year(I don't think the same five guys started two games in a row for the first 4-5 weeks)They did make some adjustments and finished out the season pretty well,especially considering how young they were.

They should be fine this year.Only lost one part time starter to graduation.Alot depends on injuries,We arent exactly deep.

Tribe4SF
June 6th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Good luck at Marshall... Huntington WVa was not one of my favorite trips... hope you stick to the 'Herd' and their inhospitable fans.

I hadn't heard that about Marshall fans. How long ago did you guys play there? I've been communicating with Marshall fans on one of their boards and they seem pretty hospitable to me. Now WVU is another story.

HensRock
June 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM
UD has gotten off to a slow start the last two years (i.e., scare from Towson last year).

Slow start in 2003?

The Citadel - W 41 - 7
Richmond - W 44 - 14
West Chester - W 49 - 7

Incidentally, our opener against El Cid was their 2nd game. They had just won their opener 64-10 against Charleston Southern the week before.

I'll settle for another slow start like that in 2005!

EagleCrusade
June 6th, 2005, 10:36 PM
UC DAVIS not CAL DAVIS

thanks

Yeah Cal Davis invented the lava lamp! GEEZ, dont you people know anything?!!

mainejeff
June 6th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Wow, Maine is playing Youngstown now?........

rcny46
June 7th, 2005, 12:05 AM
UNH over UC Davis? That won't happen.

Tribe4SF
June 7th, 2005, 06:22 AM
I think the Nova vs Penn game will be a good measuring stick game.

Penn and Harvard always have solid teams....with usually one or the other going undefeated...

With how solid the A-10 has been....I want to see how this game plays out...

I'll be surprised if Villanova doesn't win that one. Nova looks as good or better and Penn looks down a little. Nova beat them last year, even before their O-line started to improve. They also beat Lehigh last year. With those two wins (both on the road), the Wildcats were one of the measures of how good the A-10 was.

Kosty
June 7th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Army stinks don't they? I don't see any reason that UMass can't go in to West Point to knock them off. Should be a fun game in a GREAT atmosphere to watch college football, that's for sure. Nothing like a crisp fall day at West Point in the fall!!

WMTribe90
June 7th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Slow start in 2003?

The Citadel - W 41 - 7
Richmond - W 44 - 14
West Chester - W 49 - 7

Incidentally, our opener against El Cid was their 2nd game. They had just won their opener 64-10 against Charleston Southern the week before.

HR,

My apologies. Obviously 2003 was not a slow start like last year. Perhaps I was thinking about 2002??

Kosty,

I certainly believe UMass can knock off Army. I do believe Army will be improved this year. I basically only picked Army because its a home game for them.

MJ,

The composite schedule I have from WM's Spring Propspectus shows Maine playing Youngstown (Sept 24). Is this not the case?

ChickenMan
June 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Maybe you were thinking about '04... the opener UNH 24 UD 21... :(

ChickenMan
June 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I hadn't heard that about Marshall fans. How long ago did you guys play there? I've been communicating with Marshall fans on one of their boards and they seem pretty hospitable to me. Now WVU is another story.

UD played @ Marshall three times in the early to mid '90s... during the 1AA playoffs. In those days Marshall always seemed to play ALL their playoff games at home... I was there in '93... UD last played there in '96. My experience with the Marshall crowd wasn't the best and I have also heard from a few GSU people that Marshall was a 'tough' crowd. But that was almost ten years ago... maybe things are different now.

WMTribe90
June 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Apparently Maine is playing Albany instead of Youngstown. Should a W for the Black Bears. Albany has really stepped up their schedule playing three A-10 teams. Un fortunately I don't see Albany beating UMass, Maine or Hofstra. Kudos for tough scheduling though.

GannonFan
June 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I'll be surprised if Villanova doesn't win that one. Nova looks as good or better and Penn looks down a little. Nova beat them last year, even before their O-line started to improve. They also beat Lehigh last year. With those two wins (both on the road), the Wildcats were one of the measures of how good the A-10 was.

I'm not sure why you think nova's offensive line improved later in the year last year. They were terrible early on when they played the meaty part of their schedule, they were fine against the patsies of the A10 during their little win streak towards the end of the year, but then they were blown away by a Delaware defensive line that was notorious for not getting pressure on the QB during the year - UD had roughly 1/5 of their regular season sacks in the game against nova and Burroughs was running for his life on every play. They obviously had a long way to go if they were that poor against what was really not a good pass rushing defensive line.

On the Army tact, UMass needs to be careful about that game - it is no gimmie. Anytime you play a IA, outside of Buffalo or a Sun Belt team, you're going to see good competition. This will be Bobby Ross's 2nd(?) year at the helm at West Point and the guy is a fairly decent coach. In addition, Army is no longer playing a ridiculous schedule and could be flirting at or over .500 (remains to be seen though) when this game is to be played. In addition to that, UMass will be coming off of a really tough stretch (JMU, @Maine, UNH, @Delaware) that could have them dangling on the precipice of playoff elimination, with @Hofstra still ahead of them. Granted, Army will be coming off their Air Force game but with the game being at home against a local team, they will probably be ready to play. Definitely a tough game for UMass.

Tribe4SF
June 7th, 2005, 01:47 PM
GF,

I didn't say they got good, I said they got better. And even early they were good enough to beat Penn, which was the subject. The carryover is that they should be better again this year, and I expect they will beat Penn again. I do not think they will beat Delaware.

HensRock
June 7th, 2005, 04:46 PM
OOC Records from 2004:

A-10 29-12-0 0.707
Great West 21-13-0 0.618
Southland 24-15-0 0.615
Gateway 20-14-0 0.588
Patriot 21-16-0 0.568
SoCon 17-17-0 0.500
Ivy 12-12-0 0.500
Big Sky 17-21-0 0.447

The A-10 South was 17-5 OOC (.773) and 4 of those 5 losses were to I-A teams Navy, North Carolina, NC State, and West Virginia. The only I-AA OOC loss for the A10 South was Richmond's fall to Lafayette. Even 3-8 Towson was 3-0 OOC!

HensRock
June 7th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Week 1 (4-3)
W - Morgan State @ Towson
L - W&M @ Marshall
L - Maine @ Nebraska
W - UNH @ UC Davis
L - Georgia Southern @ Northeastern
W - Fordham @ URI
W- Lock Haven (DII) @ JMU

Week 2 (9-2)
W - Hofstra @ Albany
W - William Penn (DII) @ Maine
W - UMass @ Colgate
W - NU @ Youngstown
W - URI @ CCSU
W - Lehigh @ UD
W - JMU @ CCU
L - UR @ Lafayette
W - Lock Haven @ Towson
L - Villanova @ Rutgers
W - W&M @ VMI

Week 3 (4-0)
W - Stony Brook @ Hofstra
W - Albany @ UMass
W - West Chester (DII) @ UD
W - Del State @ JMU

Week 4 (5-2)
L - Hofstra @ Furman
W - Albany @ Maine
W - Dartmouth @ UNH
W - Holy Cross @ UD
L - UR @ Vanderbilt
W - Penn @ Villanova
W - Liberty @ W&M

Week 5 (0-1)
L - URI @ Brown

Week 7 (2-0)
W - Towson @ Liberty
W - Villanova @ Bucknell

Week 9 (0-1)
L - Northwestern St. @ Northeastern

Week 10 (1-0)
W - VMI @ UR

Week 11 (2-0)
W - UMass @ Army
W - Iona @ UNH

TotaL OOC A-10 Record 27-9

Chi Panther
June 7th, 2005, 05:14 PM
wasn't implying that Penn would win....just they/harvard are the top of their conf....and seeing how they actually stack up against a Top Conf makes it a great game....

charliej
June 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure why you think nova's offensive line improved later in the year last year. They were terrible early on when they played the meaty part of their schedule, they were fine against the patsies of the A10 during their little win streak towards the end of the year, but then they were blown away by a Delaware defensive line that was notorious for not getting pressure on the QB during the year - UD had roughly 1/5 of their regular season sacks in the game against nova and Burroughs was running for his life on every play. They obviously had a long way to go if they were that poor against what was really not a good pass rushing defensive line.

Nova's O line will be better than last year. Yes I know UD sacked Marvin four times,one of those on a bad snap(A Nova problem for the past two years),but when you compare that to the seven sacks given up to JMU or the six by Penn,I'd say it was improvement,( I don't get this damn UD math though... I still can't figure how 4 is 1/5 of 26) ;)

I will agree with you that UD was not the best pass D we faced all year.The 337 yds passing was Burroughs' third highest total of the year.We also had a game high four rushing TD's vs UD as well.(two of those by Burroughs) Given the youth last year,one true frosh(who switched over from the DL about week 5),three soph's,one of which saw little PT his frosh year,and one senior who was fighting injuries all year,I don't think they did a bad job.From what I've seen this spring,they will be fine.

OL FU
June 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM

It has been more than a few years since their time in the Socon, I think if you polled FU fans you would get a unanimous opinion on Marshall fans being the most obnoxious.

GannonFan
June 8th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Nova's O line will be better than last year. Yes I know UD sacked Marvin four times,one of those on a bad snap(A Nova problem for the past two years),but when you compare that to the seven sacks given up to JMU or the six by Penn,I'd say it was improvement,( I don't get this damn UD math though... I still can't figure how 4 is 1/5 of 26) ;)

I will agree with you that UD was not the best pass D we faced all year.The 337 yds passing was Burroughs' third highest total of the year.We also had a game high four rushing TD's vs UD as well.(two of those by Burroughs) Given the youth last year,one true frosh(who switched over from the DL about week 5),three soph's,one of which saw little PT his frosh year,and one senior who was fighting injuries all year,I don't think they did a bad job.From what I've seen this spring,they will be fine.

First, if you read my original quote correctly, I said the 4 sacks against nova was roughly (i.e. approximately) 1/5 of their regular season sack total (i.e. not counting the 3 sacks in the playoffs). I could have written that the 4 sacks were 17.3913% of their regular season sack total (23 sacks), but I rounded up a little bit, hence the term roughly.

And on the nova offensive line, last year's two deep lineup for nova on the offensive line featured 1 senior, 2 soph's, 1 Fr-r, and 1 true Fr, as starters, along with 3 seniors, 1 junior, and 1 true Fr as backups. That's half of the two deep lost from last year's offensive line and a line that will still be fairly young again this year, especially in the backups. They're still young and still not very deep. Couple that with the fact that the guys returning are returning from a line that wasn't very good, and I think it's unplaced optimism to think that the 2-year problem nova has had with their offensive line won't extend into a 3-year problem. UD lost just as many players from their 2-deep offensive line, which was better than nova's last year, and we think it's a problem. nova loses the same from a bad offensive line and thinks there's no problem. Gotta take the blinders off.

charliej
June 8th, 2005, 06:37 PM
First, if you read my original quote correctly, I said the 4 sacks against nova was roughly (i.e. approximately) 1/5 of their regular season sack total (i.e. not counting the 3 sacks in the playoffs). I could have written that the 4 sacks were 17.3913% of their regular season sack total (23 sacks), but I rounded up a little bit, hence the term roughly.

And on the nova offensive line, last year's two deep lineup for nova on the offensive line featured 1 senior, 2 soph's, 1 Fr-r, and 1 true Fr, as starters, along with 3 seniors, 1 junior, and 1 true Fr as backups. That's half of the two deep lost from last year's offensive line and a line that will still be fairly young again this year, especially in the backups. They're still young and still not very deep. Couple that with the fact that the guys returning are returning from a line that wasn't very good, and I think it's unplaced optimism to think that the 2-year problem nova has had with their offensive line won't extend into a 3-year problem. UD lost just as many players from their 2-deep offensive line, which was better than nova's last year, and we think it's a problem. nova loses the same from a bad offensive line and thinks there's no problem. Gotta take the blinders off.

My mistake,I did misread your post.You did however say they were bad because they got "blown away"by a less than stellar UD pass rush.I wouldn't call it blown away for the reasons posted above.I would say they got out played by a senior laden UD squad,playing in what could be their last game in college,with playoff hopes on the line,against their biggest rival.I think your guys played better than you give them credit for.

As for the lost seniors you mention in the two deep,( I think it's only three,I can't think of a fouth) Roseman will be missed.For whatever reason,Trapp & Garner didn't play in the second half of the year.(I'm not sure they even got on the field at all last year.I'll have to check.)Nova went with a seven man rotation for most of the year & six of them will be back.They also got an OL transfer from Duke who,from what I hear,turned down an offer to play for Ohio State.(Izzy Bauta,6'4" 280)I really don't know much about him though.

Trust me when I tell you,I'm wearing no blinders.I never said Nova's line would be great,and I'll be the first to admit they arent deep,but I still say they will be adequate.

Now,if only I was as certain about our D :confused:

ngineer
June 8th, 2005, 11:20 PM
A little wishful thinking??? W&M winning at Marshall and UD losing at home to Lehigh... could happen... but it's much more likely that you've got those two reversed... ;)

As much as I like to dream of a Brown and White win at the Tub on September 10, Lehigh winning that game would be an upset--not a huge one, but the Hens should be favored on their home turf, with a deeper squad. Those extra players can have a significant impact in a hard-hitting game.

GannonFan
June 9th, 2005, 01:02 AM
On the nova thing, I did err and counted Trapp twice. They still only return 4 guys who played on the offensive line last year so I don't see how there could be that much hope for significant improvement. nova's skill guys aren't what the program used to have and Burrough's will need a fair amount of time back there to get these guys open. I just don't think, with what appears to be no depth and not even good play last year, that they'll be anywhere near good enough to get it done this year.

As for UD and Lehigh, if UD does win it will have little, if anything, to do with the fact that they can put more guys in uniform as the home team. The visiting side gets to travel with what, 40-something players - that's two deep at every position - I'm pretty sure you never see a significant higher number of players used by the home team in games - UD's not going to win because they have their 3rd string on the sidelines in reserve.

Tribe4SF
June 9th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I believe travel roster is 56 players. In a close game, it would be rare for a I-AA to play that many.

FightinBluHen51
June 9th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yea, I suspect Villanova isn't as good and Rutgers is a little better than last time Villanova "upset" the Scarlet Knights.

Chicken Man,

These are both upset picks. I think WM and Leghigh both have about a 40-percent chance of winning their respective matchups. I think Lehigh has a real shot for a couple reasons. They will be playing their second game, while it will be UD's opener. Lehigh typically plays up against top-notch competition. UD, while talented, will be breaking in several new starters. UD has gotten off to a slow start the last two years (i.e., scare from Towson last year).

So, probably a bit of wishful thinking, but at least here's a method to my madness.

Slow start the last two years? I guess if you wanna call a 41-7 and a 49-7 thumbing of El Cid and WCUPA (yes a DII) with nearly all the starts out by the second drive in the second half of those first games in 03, then you need to recheck your facts. Not to often does UD lose @ home, let alone under the lights, LET ALONE on a Saturday night opener!

FightinBluHen51
June 9th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Slow start in 2003?

The Citadel - W 41 - 7
Richmond - W 44 - 14
West Chester - W 49 - 7

Ok, I'm late to the thread, and I had forgoten that UR was a "tweener" for El Cid and WCUPA.

FightinBluHen51
June 9th, 2005, 08:38 AM

On the Army tact, UMass needs to be careful about that game - it is no gimmie. Anytime you play a IA, outside of Buffalo or a Sun Belt team, you're going to see good competition. This will be Bobby Ross's 2nd(?) year at the helm at West Point and the guy is a fairly decent coach. In addition, Army is no longer playing a ridiculous schedule and could be flirting at or over .500 (remains to be seen though) when this game is to be played. In addition to that, UMass will be coming off of a really tough stretch (JMU, @Maine, UNH, @Delaware) that could have them dangling on the precipice of playoff elimination, with @Hofstra still ahead of them. Granted, Army will be coming off their Air Force game but with the game being at home against a local team, they will probably be ready to play. Definitely a tough game for UMass.

Yes, 2nd year for Ross, and judging by what he accomplished last year like PJ @ Navy, I'm sure they'll be more improved yet, and UMass won't have the fan support like UD did @ Navy.

The Nova line woulda been even more descimated if it weren't for all the NON-holding calls!!! Mooney was being assulted when he beat his guys worse than LA caps beat Roddney King (no offense to anyone, just making a historical analogy).

FightinBluHen51
June 9th, 2005, 08:46 AM

Again, take away the blatent holding NO-calls, and it woulda been more like 7 or 8 sacks. When the whole tub stands up and chants "holding" (something I can honestly say I've never seen in my entire Delaware football life), that has to be an indication.

BTW, 2002 wasn't really a slow start either, by beating a very good GSU team in the home opener, but unfortunately loosing a heart breakers @ UR.

ChickenMan
June 9th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Again, take away the blatent holding NO-calls, and it woulda been more like 7 or 8 sacks. When the whole tub stands up and chants "holding" (something I can honestly say I've never seen in my entire Delaware football life), that has to be an indication.

I agree... the holding by Nova's OL in that game was as bad as I have ever seen in Delaware Stadium... but I don't blame Nova... if it's not going to be called... I'd continue to hold too.

ngineer
June 9th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I believe travel roster is 56 players. In a close game, it would be rare for a I-AA to play that many.

Over the years I have seen several instances of multiple injuries leaving a traveling team throwing some young, inexperienced players into the breach, with good and devastating results. The usual critical area is on defense, especially in the secondary where a single mistake equals 7 points. The flexibility in rotating players on a hot, muggy night or day, can also be a factor. It is for this reason, that I believe most 'lines' give the home team a certain number of points.

Tribe4SF
June 9th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Over the years I have seen several instances of multiple injuries leaving a traveling team throwing some young, inexperienced players into the breach, with good and devastating results. The usual critical area is on defense, especially in the secondary where a single mistake equals 7 points. The flexibility in rotating players on a hot, muggy night or day, can also be a factor. It is for this reason, that I believe most 'lines' give the home team a certain number of points.

I really don't see your point. If you have to throw "young, inexperienced players into the breach" on the road, you'd have to do that at home with injuries also. That just means you lack depth. If you have experienced back-ups, you're not going to leave them at home.

As to rotating players on a hot, muggy night, if you take 56, you've got plenty to rotate. Find me a close I-AA game where either team played more than 50 guys. It would be a rarity.

eaglesrthe1
June 9th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Unless I am mistaken, the only time that the squad size is limited, is in the playoffs. Also, the # of players is the same for both teams. So, if you are at a #'s disadvantage during the regular season, then it is because your school didn't want to bring them, or suit them up in the first place.

If I am wrong, then please post a link, and educate me. Lord knows, I have been wrong before. :cool:

ngineer
June 9th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Unless I am mistaken, the only time that the squad size is limited, is in the playoffs. Also, the # of players is the same for both teams. So, if you are at a #'s disadvantage during the regular season, then it is because your school didn't want to bring them, or suit them up in the first place.

If I am wrong, then please post a link, and educate me. Lord knows, I have been wrong before. :cool:

Can't post you a link, but I'm certain the traveling team is limited to 50-some players--which includes special teamers, too. Some teams have kids that play only on special teams, but on the road, players have to 'double up'. The home team can dress everyone. Lehigh usually has 80-90 dressed at home. In the playoffs the squads are limited for both teams, which always creates some dilemmas for coaches on who gets on the playoff roster with special team consideration and players who can play more than one position.

eaglesrthe1
June 9th, 2005, 10:12 PM
If you can't post a link, then well, I am certain too. I'll stand by my statement.

FightinBluHen51
June 10th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I agree... the holding by Nova's OL in that game was as bad as I have ever seen in Delaware Stadium... but I don't blame Nova... if it's not going to be called... I'd continue to hold too.

Oh, hey, if you can get away with it, do it, not blaming them either, blaming the officals....just pathetic!

Tribe4SF
June 10th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Oh, hey, if you can get away with it, do it, not blaming them either, blaming the officals....just pathetic!

Good grief, somebody had to bring up holding at Delaware and make me remember!

4th quarter at The Tub last year. 3rd and six at the Delaware 39, Tribe leading 28-24, Lang completes to John Pitts inside the Delaware 20 and it's negated by holding call after the ball is delivered. Only holding call of the game.

That's when I got a bad feeling about that game. :bawling:

FightinBluHen51
June 10th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Good grief, somebody had to bring up holding at Delaware and make me remember!

4th quarter at The Tub last year. 3rd and six at the Delaware 39, Tribe leading 28-24, Lang completes to John Pitts inside the Delaware 20 and it's negated by holding call after the ball is delivered. Only holding call of the game.

That's when I got a bad feeling about that game. :bawling:

It does go both ways Tribe, never said that it didn't. That was a bummer call. I recall the play, but I can't personally say if there was holding or not because I was looking down field. This was just pure robbery that was going on though.