PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Albany preview

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2006, 11:42 AM
Is up.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

ngineer
August 31st, 2006, 12:12 PM
We see it similarly. Lot's of unknowns always create butterflies. I hoping Ernesto gets here early and leaves before kickoff.

Ruler 79
August 31st, 2006, 12:55 PM
That is a great review. I really hope we can pull this one off. What a statement game this would be(like CCSU/Colgate last season). I feel we are still a year or two away from doing this at this level consistently.

C'MON RAIN....slow this mother down and let our big uglies do their thing.

Lehigh 21
Albany 13

Dane96
August 31st, 2006, 01:01 PM
One of the best write-ups I have seen to date. I concur, though I still think UA is 2 years away from making serious strides, e.g. WINS!

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2006, 01:40 PM
Nice comparison with Georgia Southern.

Good preview.. of course the questions will be answered and I like being able to scout Lehigh three months before The Game.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2006, 12:23 PM
Added "The Water Cooler" today to the blog... nothing better on on Friday, eh?

Shock Upset of the Week: Monmouth over Fordham

cosmo here
September 1st, 2006, 12:55 PM
LFN, appreciate the comprehensive previews of each of the games. You should know, however, that those are the final rankings from 2005 and not the preseason rankings for 2006. The first ESPN USA Today poll doesn't come out until week four this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2006, 12:56 PM
LFN, appreciate the comprehensive previews of each of the games. You should know, however, that those are the final rankings from 2005 and not the preseason rankings for 2006. The first ESPN USA Today poll doesn't come out until week four this year.

I *choose to beleive* my explanation... xlolx ...kidding.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
The weather for tomorrow has improved considerably the last 12 hours or so. The way it looks now the real heavy rain should start to wind down around 9 am according to the weather channel. For 1pm, kickoff, they have 50% chance of showers. This isn't going to be like the Holy Cross game. The field might get a little messy but i don't think the weather during the game will have too much of an impact. The games further north could be a real mess.

ngineer
September 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM
The weather for tomorrow has improved considerably the last 12 hours or so. The way it looks now the real heavy rain should start to wind down around 9 am according to the weather channel. For 1pm, kickoff, they have 50% chance of showers. This isn't going to be like the Holy Cross game. The field might get a little messy but i don't think the weather during the game will have too much of an impact. The games further north could be a real mess.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: BRING IT ON!

ngineer
September 1st, 2006, 07:46 PM
Added "The Water Cooler" today to the blog... nothing better on on Friday, eh?

Shock Upset of the Week: Monmouth over Fordham

LFN--liked your comment about 'productivity' on Friday afternoons in football season. So true. If it hadn't been for some pain in the azz clients today calling with their 'emergencies' that they were aware about a month ago, I could have been very productive on this Board!:D

Fordham
September 1st, 2006, 08:12 PM
Shock upset of the week: Monmouth over Fordham

http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/08-04/13_NS_23OLYgymBOO1.JPG

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/fans_boo.jpg

http://www.kookerkids.com/Coloring/halloween/images/boo_ghost.gif

blukeys
September 1st, 2006, 08:45 PM
Stony Brook sent a message last night and the Engineers need to hear that there are very hungry teams out there who want the respect of I-AA. My view is that Albany will pose a threat to Lehigh and the Hawks ignore it at their peril. I hope the Hens are paying attention. Albany is not GSU but in my view but they are a potentially dangerous team. The next few years will see a huge change in I-AA football in the Northeast. Albany, CCSU, and SBU will be in the middle of it. :nod: :nod:

colgate13
September 1st, 2006, 10:35 PM
Stony Brook sent a message last night and the Engineers need to hear that there are very hungry teams out there who want the respect of I-AA. My view is that Albany will pose a threat to Lehigh and the Hawks ignore it at their peril. I hope the Hens are paying attention. Albany is not GSU but in my view but they are a potentially dangerous team. The next few years will see a huge change in I-AA football in the Northeast. Albany, CCSU, and SBU will be in the middle of it. :nod: :nod:

I've been trying to tell Colgate fans that for about a year now! We've got SB as a home and home in 08 and 09 and the groans about playing such a team like SB are laughable. We better hope we can beat SB in 08/09, much less worry about playing a 'mid-major' away. xlolx

blukeys
September 2nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
I've been trying to tell Colgate fans that for about a year now! We've got SB as a home and home in 08 and 09 and the groans about playing such a team like SB are laughable. We better hope we can beat SB in 08/09, much less worry about playing a 'mid-major' away. xlolx

Since SBU is dumping their NEC ties so that they can offer more scollies, I hardly consider them "mid-majors". It seems to me that AU, CCSU, and SBU are all very dangerous with SBU being the most dangerous of all.

On the positive side it looks as if NY STATE is becoming the Northern equivalent of South Carolina or Louisiana in I-AA football.

A cursory look shows

Albany
Colgate
Columbia
Cornell
Fordham
Hofstra
Stony Brook

I would include Buffalo but I'm not convinced they could compete with the above!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
Some might say this would be a good conference but I would leave it up to you guys in New York.

ngineer
September 2nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
So right. Those close to the scene know full well that Albany can be a whole lot of trouble. I'm sure Coen and Co. are not overlooking them. He really wants to come out with a good showing in game one.

Weather is not cooperating as we had hoped. More moisture being drawn in off the Atlantic shows a steady rain through the afternoon. If the "eye' of Ernesto had tracked a little more to he east, we might have gotten a break later this mornng/early afternoon. But at present it definitely looks like rain suit day. Today's mantra: "Protect the Football"....:nod:

blukeys
September 2nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
So right. Those close to the scene know full well that Albany can be a whole lot of trouble. I'm sure Coen and Co. are not overlooking them. He really wants to come out with a good showing in game one.

Weather is not cooperating as we had hoped. More moisture being drawn in off the Atlantic shows a steady rain through the afternoon. If the "eye' of Ernesto had tracked a little more to he east, we might have gotten a break later this mornng/early afternoon. But at present it definitely looks like rain suit day. Today's mantra: "Protect the Football"....:nod:

Pretty Prophetic.

89Hen
September 2nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
Who was saying not to take Albany lightly?

ngineer
September 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Who was saying not to take Albany lightly?

Me. See above. I was there for the whole bloody, er muddy show. So reminiscent of Holy Cross, though the field was not as bad at that one.
My 'mantra' of protecting the ball, See Above, was clearly not heeded. Both teams had trouble snapping the ball on the punting game--BUT UA's horrible snaps rolled on the ground so at least their punter could scoop them up and get rid of most (one was blocked) of them. OURs sailed over our guy's head--which is where our minus-110 yards against our rushing net came from.
No team can give a good team like Albany the field position they got, and not get bitten. UA has a huge OL and did a good job blocking. Our D front did a decent job considering the size differential.
I'm not hanging so much crepe as many B&W's are. I saw a lot of good effort out there today. We showed that we can have a good running game and Threatt made some very nice plays. There were some key dropped passes on the final drive that should have put us in better position for a reasonable FG attempt. Trying a 47 yarder with bad footing, steady rain, wet ball, and swirling wind on Fourth and ten--I think our odds of making the 10 yards would have better--not easy, but certainly with the conditions Threatt can get loose, a defender can slip covering a receiver. Again, maybe the couple drops that occured earlier in the series was what influenced the coaches to try the FG.
Colgate showed last year that such a loss is not fatal, and, if the kids have their heads screwed on properly, it could be a real motivation for
them.
Congrats to the Danes. They came to play. You could see they were charged up to be 'stepping up' and they did. Both teams made a ton of mistakes due to the weather, and our mistakes were bigger than theirs, so they deserved to win.