PDA

View Full Version : Absolute FINAL preseason conference predictions..

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM
All right... scrimages have been played.. the books are about to close.. pencils down.. turn in your answers... your final conference and season predictions and outlook please! Check back at the end of the year to laugh at yourself or beat your chest..

My picks for the Patriot and Ivy race...

1. Colgate
2. Lafayette
3. Lehigh
4. Fordham
5. Georgetown
6. Holy Cross
7. Bucknell

Ivy..
1. Yale
2. Harvard
3. Brown
4. Penn
5. Princeton
6. Cornell
7. Dartmouth
8. Columbia

Lafayette still has the Colgate ghost in their closet despite beating Lehigh yet again in a classic game.. Fordham is the rising star in the league will some veterans and young players in the mix.. G'town shocks the PL to finish 5th thanks to a new mentality. And Holy Cross takes a step back after a solid 2005.

I agree with I-AA magazine... very wide open race this year... Yale wins.. if their QB emerges, they have a nice complement of returning pieces to put together a title, with their star RB and WR. Harvard has issues, but Dawson is that good.. and much talent on either side... Brown.. I don't kno much about aside from their LB... Penn needs to establish some depth and leadership.. Princeton lost some key pieces, has talent returning, but they always underpreform.. frankly they should have won it in 2005.. Cornell.. don't know much.. Dartmouth is trying to piece together a team as is Columbia.. which is pegging athletes from other teams just to play football.. can't win with that approach..

Colgate earns the AQ and goes 11-0.. 10-1 if they lose to UMass... Lafayette goes 9-2.. with losses to Colgate and Yale... (very optimistic considering I had the same outlook last year and we can't beat Princeton or Harvard)

And Colgate and Lafayette both win their opening round games.. it is going to be a big year for the PL!

AppGuy04
August 30th, 2006, 01:24 PM
My SoCon prediction:
1. App St
2. Furman
3. Western Carolina
4. Georgia Southern
5. Chattanooga
6. Wofford
7. Citadel
8. Elon

ASU earns to the autobid and Furman joins them in the playoffs as 2 of the top 4 seeds. I think GSU is left on the outside looking in after struggling with their offense during the season.

In the playoffs, I think Furman and App both make the semis, if they play, obviously one will be gone, but if they don't play, don't be surprised to see an all SoCon NC game. i think they will be joined in the semis by UNH and Cal Poly.

Ken_Z
August 31st, 2006, 03:26 PM
Patriot League

1. Lehigh
2. Colgate
3. Lafayette
4. Bucknell
5. Georgetown
6. Fordham
7. Holy Cross

i have to go with the BIG 3 at the top, but they will all suffer losses to a little 4 team (Colgate to Bucknell of course). i fear that this will put the league at risk of having only the AQ making the playoffs.

Andy
August 31st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Patriot League

1. Lafayette
2. Lehigh
3. Colgate
4. Fordham
5. Bucknell
6. Georgetown
7. Holy Cross

IF Maurer stays healthy the Pards have as good a chance as any at the title, so why not pick 'em? This is contingent on a road win, week two at Bucknell who always gives us trouble and who has the Navy transfer directing things. If we get by them, we move on to some non-league breathing room for our o-line to gel and for the CBs to get some experience.

I'm with Carney that Gate is not a juggernaut and wasn't last year (which makes that loss so frustrating). No easy task winning at Hamilton, obviously, but it has to happen some time. LU, with all the seniors and with their RB problems solved via the transfer route, could be the league's most talented team, but I'm not about to say that publicly. xlolx HC is getting more talented, but it's a QB's game, and they have the rookie. Fordham, with their O-line bolstered by the return of the suspended/ineligible players, warrants some serious concern, IMO.

CSU BUCS
August 31st, 2006, 05:54 PM
1. Liberty
2. CSU
3. Coastal
4. G. Webb
5. VMI

CoastalFan2005
August 31st, 2006, 07:19 PM
1. Liberty

:eyebrow:

CSU BUCS
August 31st, 2006, 07:39 PM
Sounds crazy I know, but.....

I really think Liberty is going to shock some people this year.

Liberty Win:__________________Lose:
CSU_________________________VMI
CCU
G. Webb

CSU Win: ____________________Lose:
CCU________________________Liberty
VMI
G. Webb

Coastal Win:_________________Lose:
VMI________________________CSU
G. Webb____________________Liberty

G. Webb Wins:_______________Lose:
VMI _______________________CSU
__________________________CCU
___________________________Liberty

VMI Win: ___________________Lose:
Liberty_____________________CCU
___________________________CSU
__________________________G. Webb

So I believe, since the Big South doesn't have tie breakers, the Official final standings will be:

1. Liberty
1T. CSU
3. Coastal
4. G. Webb
4T. VMI

CoastalFan2005
August 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM
1. Liberty
1T. CSU
3. Coastal
4. G. Webb
4T. VMI

I highly disagree. I don't even think it's homer-ish to say that CCU will NOT finish 3rd in the conference. Kudos for picking LU to win over your own team, but it's not time for them to be back on top yet. Give them a year, and yeah.

1- CCU (4-0)
2- LU (3-1)
3- CSU (2-2)
4- GWU (1-3)
5- VMI (0-4)

gophoenix
August 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM
My SoCon:
1. App St
2. Furman
3. Western Carolina
4: UTC
5. Georgia Southern
6. Wofford
7. Elon
8. The Citadel

I also think competition overall from top to bottom will be better than in year's past. I think The Citadel wins 1, Elon wins 2 (one being over The Citadel at Elon, which is what gives Elon the edge for #7).

App basically has reloaded, the only question is Elder. It's one thing to lead a team with momentum, but another to lead from start to finish. And if NC State has a blowout and how that could affect the team (though I don't think that will happen).

Furman will be good, deinfately in a tier above the rest of the conference.

Western has a bunch of talent, its just a matter of consistency and injuries, same thing with UTC.

Georgia Southern has the personnel, but a new coach with a drastically new offense may cause some growing pains this year.

Wofford is a bit of a dark horse as I don't know what to think of them.

Elon will start slow. Coastal and Towson will be good tests to see where the team starts off. But I think by the end of the season, things will be working a ton better on Offense. The defense is pretty good, its just a matter of a drastically young offense clicking in games. We play 4 seniors basically with the core of the team being Sophs or younger as starters.

The Citadel has a good coach, but they've not been stellar with him yet. But they could be.

CSU BUCS
August 31st, 2006, 08:29 PM
I highly disagree. I don't even think it's homer-ish to say that CCU will NOT finish 3rd in the conference. Kudos for picking LU to win over your own team, but it's not time for them to be back on top yet. Give them a year, and yeah.

1- CCU (4-0)
2- LU (3-1)
3- CSU (2-2)
4- GWU (1-3)
5- VMI (0-4)

I believe that we can go 4-0, I believe we can win every game we play. I also believe we can go 0-4. The margarine for victory in the Big South in so small, not much separates the top team from the bottom team. It’s anybody’s to win!!!!

DFW HOYA
August 31st, 2006, 10:23 PM
G'town shocks the PL to finish 5th thanks to a new mentality.

Appreciate the support, but didn't Georgetown finish 5th in 2005?

colgate13
August 31st, 2006, 10:50 PM
P4L - you do realize those are my picks? :)

GSUhooligan
August 31st, 2006, 11:57 PM
i definately can't wait for GSU to prove all you bastards wrong....crow tastes good with ketchup....

BULLDOG8180
September 1st, 2006, 07:57 AM
My SoCon:
1. App St
2. Furman
3. Western Carolina
4: UTC
5. Georgia Southern
6. Wofford
7. Elon
8. The Citadel

I also think competition overall from top to bottom will be better than in year's past. I think The Citadel wins 1, Elon wins 2 (one being over The Citadel at Elon, which is what gives Elon the edge for #7).

Everybody has a right to their opinion, but I'm gonna save this one, to show you how rediculious it looks in November!xlolx

RabidRabbit
September 1st, 2006, 08:15 AM
1) NDSU 3-1, Beats Poly in Fargo Dome for tie breaker, loses to UC-D.
1T) Cal Poly - 3-1, 3rd time vs NDSU ISN'T a charm.
3) SDSU - 2-2 gets tie-breaker as beats Davis at Brookings
3T) UC-Davis - Loses its two away conference games, less than 7 points total for the two losses btw.
5) SUU - 0-4, Dynamic tough conference this year, and I don't believe these T-Birds are of soaring quality this year, relative to rest of GWFC.

Linehawg
September 1st, 2006, 08:23 AM

1- CCU (4-0)
2- LU (3-1)
3- CSU (2-2)
4- GWU (1-3)
5- VMI (0-4)

Predictions may be fun but they always make you look like a goat at the end of the season...which is why I stay away from them. Having said that, I don't think anyone knows enough about a very different VMI team to conclude they'll go winless in the Big South. After watching this new coach and staff for a month now, I think that's highly unlikely.

blur2005
September 1st, 2006, 09:36 AM
A-10

North
New Hampshire 7-1
UMass 6-2
Hofstra 4-4
Maine 4-4
Rhode Island 2-6
Northeastern 1-7

South
JMU 6-2
Delaware 5-3
Richmond 5-3
William & Mary 5-3
Towson 2-6
Villanova 1-7

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2006, 10:43 AM
P4L - you do realize those are my picks? :)

I made those picks a long while back.. don't worry 13 I did not steal them..

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 1st, 2006, 08:59 PM
My SoCon prediction:
1. App St
2. Furman
3. Western Carolina
4. Georgia Southern
5. Chattanooga
6. Wofford
7. Citadel
8. Elon

ASU earns to the autobid and Furman joins them in the playoffs as 2 of the top 4 seeds. I think GSU is left on the outside looking in after struggling with their offense during the season.

In the playoffs, I think Furman and App both make the semis, if they play, obviously one will be gone, but if they don't play, don't be surprised to see an all SoCon NC game. i think they will be joined in the semis by UNH and Cal Poly.

This past winter, I was very uneasy about our offense. But now after seeing several scrimmages, I think we will be all right. We will have an easy matchup for the first game as a tune up for our guys to get the feel of it. I don't think we'll be good enough to win the Socon (even though I don't think ASU and Furman will be as good this year as they were last year) but we won't be fourth.

1. Appalachian State
2. Georgia Southern
3. Furman
4. Western Carolina
5. Wofford
6. Chattanooga
7. The Citadel
8. Elon

gophoenix
September 1st, 2006, 10:05 PM
i definately can't wait for GSU to prove all you bastards wrong....crow tastes good with ketchup....

Pick GSU anything but where they think and you get a bunch of crap. Should I come knocking on everyone's door when Elon doesn't finish last?