PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Montana QB Jordan Johnson Found Not Guilty

ursus arctos horribilis
March 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
A jury returned the verdict moments ago. The jury was made up of mostly women.

darell1976
March 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM

So does this excuse Montana from any wrong doing in the eyes of the NCAA?

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 1st, 2013, 05:14 PM
Great news for JJ, let's hope this kid can put the pieces of his life back together.

Laker
March 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM

I wonder what their reasoning will be? That she had consented and later changed her mind, or what? And yes, does he regain any eligibility assuming that he had some left?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM

Don't know. They've been investigating for what a year now and still haven't heard of them coming up with anything but just can't supply an opinion on that one.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
I wonder what their reasoning will be? That she had consented and later changed her mind, or what? And yes, does he regain any eligibility assuming that he had some left?

I'm not gonna be able to go over all of it but in a nutshell she never said no, removed his aritcles of clothing, asked if he had a condom, then said "that's ok" when he replied "no". She was on top of him gyrating on him then when they went to change positions to doggy she said "Oh you're bad" and they continued. When act was finished they walked by one of her two male roommates on the way out the door for her to give Jordan a ride back to his house. Both male roomies were home during the alleged act. This pretty much all testimony either from her or not disputed by her.

There are many, many texts and FB postings apparently that the jury saw that also confirm these things and also were not favorable to her.

Silenoz
March 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
He was a true sophomore for the 2011 season, so I'd assume next year he'd be a redshirt (?) junior or possibly a true junior if he gets some sort of waiver from the NCAA

Assuming he comes back to the team

superman7515
March 1st, 2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCHB4GCyufE

Bronco
March 1st, 2013, 07:11 PM
-
A nice job by his lawyer a former D-Lineman for the Griz

David Paoli

xbowx

Skjellyfetti
March 1st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Good news for Jordan Jefferson and Montana. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
March 1st, 2013, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plHvOYKwSyU

GreatAppSt
March 1st, 2013, 07:45 PM

F'n Prosecutors. RIH

Bisonoline
March 1st, 2013, 08:39 PM
I'm not gonna be able to go over all of it but in a nutshell she never said no, removed his aritcles of clothing, asked if he had a condom, then said "that's ok" when he replied "no". She was on top of him gyrating on him then when they went to change positions to doggy she said "Oh you're bad" and they continued. When act was finished they walked by one of her two male roommates on the way out the door for her to give Jordan a ride back to his house. Both male roomies were home during the alleged act. This pretty much all testimony either from her or not disputed by her.

There are many, many texts and FB postings apparently that the jury saw that also confirm these things and also were not favorable to her.

So how could they bring charges??????????? Makes no sense. And why did she report it?????

ursus arctos horribilis
March 1st, 2013, 09:18 PM
So how could they bring charges??????????? Makes no sense. And why did she report it?????

In the last year to year and a half things have become fairly strange in Missoula with the outside distractions of DOJ, NCAA, etc. and it may have something to do with decisions being made that otherwise may not have been.

She texted one of the roommates after the intercourse that "she may have just been raped" and apparently Jordan wasn't overly passionate toward her post coitus and don't know if any of that has anything to do with it. I really can't figure out why it went forward myself. I believe the girl may not have felt good about the whole way it went done in a wham, bam, thank you ma'am sort of way and felt it met the criteria for an assault. From that point I think things just started steamrolling and it's pretty unfortunate that both of their lives have been a pure hell for the last year.

It's a pretty rough thing for the two and their families to go through for sure and I hope they both recover to the maximum extent possible.

copper
March 1st, 2013, 10:19 PM
In the last year to year and a half things have become fairly strange in Missoula with the outside distractions of DOJ, NCAA, etc. and it may have something to do with decisions being made that otherwise may not have been.

She texted one of the roommates after the intercourse that "she may have just been raped" and apparently Jordan wasn't overly passionate toward her post coitus and don't know if any of that has anything to do with it. I really can't figure out why it went forward myself. I believe the girl may not have felt good about the whole way it went done in a wham, bam, thank you ma'am sort of way and felt it met the criteria for an assault. From that point I think things just started steamrolling and it's pretty unfortunate that both of their lives have been a pure hell for the last year.

It's a pretty rough thing for the two and their families to go through for sure and I hope they both recover to the maximum extent possible.
It really is too long to try and explain. This article does a pretty good job of it but I can add a few things. There is a pretty strong feminist lobby on campus led by a professor of womens studies or something like that. Her husband is a former congressman from our state and a member of the board of regents, which governs higher education. This group is fairly powerful on our campus and we have a weak president. If you read this article pay attention to the part about the Saudi Arabian student. The University administration took a lot of heat over that. Conspiracy theories abound. All these strange happenings came pretty much in the same timeframe. Hard to explain. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/03/01/us/ap-us-university-sexual-assault.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

IBleedYellow
March 1st, 2013, 10:55 PM
I was not there and the Jury has obviously been through all of this, so I clearly can not judge (and neither can any of you *ucks). So congratulations to Jordan for using the courts the way they are supposed to be used for. Innocent until proven guilty.
The way Ursus makes it sound she never had a case to begin with. Justice has been served, if anyone complains, bring it up to our dead forefathers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ursus arctos horribilis
March 1st, 2013, 11:26 PM
I was not there and the Jury has obviously been through all of this, so I clearly can not judge (and neither can any of you *ucks). So congratulations to Jordan for using the courts the way they are supposed to be used for. Innocent until proven guilty.
The way Ursus makes it sound she never had a case to begin with. Justice has been served, if anyone complains, bring it up to our dead forefathers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Most everything I posted is/was testimony from the trial from both the accuser and Jordan and it's actually easy to see a blow by blow of the happening from the beginning by going to twitter and checking the hash #JohnsonTrial but I'll warn ya all that that was a nationally trending tag many times over the last couple of weeks.

The only things I posted that were opinion I clearly put up as my opinion and the rest is pretty direct testimony so it's as factual as I could make it in a truncated way. You are correct, this should probably have never made it as far as it did but copper has a good line on why it probably did make it this far.

One thing of note though is that he was not really treated as innocent until guilty by some in the media considering the wave they chose to ride and treating the event as if this was an opinion piece for them to cover for the last year.

Grizo406
March 1st, 2013, 11:55 PM
WTF happened, and why am I just now hearing about it?

Wallace
March 2nd, 2013, 03:55 AM
I'm not gonna be able to go over all of it but in a nutshell she never said no

"The female student testified that she and Johnson were kissing at her home last February when his demeanor changed and he held her down and raped her, despite her protests."

IBleedYellow
March 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
"The female student testified that she and Johnson were kissing at her home last February when his demeanor changed and he held her down and raped her, despite her protests."

Well, the jury did NOT see it that way, so go away.

One thing of note though is that he was not really treated as innocent until guilty by some in the media considering the wave they chose to ride and treating the event as if this was an opinion piece for them to cover for the last year.

Yep, I heard all of it. This really drives me nuts that so many people in this country don't understand the concept of "Innocent until proven guilty." They were never there, but they are 100% sure that their opinion is correct, so no jury's verdict is good enough unless it matches their thoughts 100%. So many people just have a prejudice against the accused in so many trials.

kdinva
March 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjbf-dHjW0

copper
March 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM

That is not her testimony on the stand. You got that out of some newspaper article. The only thing she said under oath was that she said no "in a baby voice" while helping him get undressed and "assisting him" with sex. She also said she could have gotten off the bed at anytime. There wasn't much coverage in the papers or blogs around here that described what really happened in court.

DSUrocks07
March 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM

Sounds like a Gwen Florio sentence to me.

lehighfball
March 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
The big question is what does Johnson do now? Does he stay in Montana or leave?

copper
March 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
The big question is what does Johnson do now? Does he stay in Montana or leave?

I think he will stay. I know it just sounds like platitudes from a homer fan, but he really is a quality kid, regardless of what everyone has heard the last year. He loves this team and his teamates, and he really loves football. And whether he plays here or somewhere else, opponets fans are going to use this as a taunt anyway. It's the nature of fandom.

lehighfball
March 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
I think he will stay. I know it just sounds like platitudes from a homer fan, but he really is a quality kid, regardless of what everyone has heard the last year. He loves this team and his teamates, and he really loves football. And whether he plays here or somewhere else, opponets fans are going to use this as a taunt anyway. It's the nature of fandom.

I would tend to agree with you if Pflugrad wasn't fired. I think he goes.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 2nd, 2013, 02:08 PM

I don't remember he saying that in court but she could have I guess I guess cuz I was just trying to give the general overview and could have missed that so if I say the ol' "he said/she said" then does that cahnge the spirit of it all?

CFBfan
March 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM

the FALSE accuser should get of town not the WRONGLY accused!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
That is not her testimony on the stand. You got that out of some newspaper article. The only thing she said under oath was that she said no "in a baby voice" while helping him get undressed and "assisting him" with sex. She also said she could have gotten off the bed at anytime. There wasn't much coverage in the papers or blogs around here that described what really happened in court.

Ah, didn't scroll to the second page to see this one. Thanks cuz I assumed that came from the testimony in the student part of this process or a newspaper article but didn't remember he saying that under oath.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 2nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
I hope JJ plays for us again but football is not all that important to him and his family for a little while I bet and if he went to another team, even in the Big Sky I'd watch and root for him. He showed more class and more integrity through this process than most of the fans or the anti fans that I've seen.

Wallace
March 3rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
... The only thing she said under oath was that she said no...

If she said no it should be final. It was posted she didn't say no.

cmaxwellgsu
March 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
It really is too long to try and explain. This article does a pretty good job of it but I can add a few things. There is a pretty strong feminist lobby on campus led by a professor of womens studies or something like that. Her husband is a former congressman from our state and a member of the board of regents, which governs higher education. This group is fairly powerful on our campus and we have a weak president. If you read this article pay attention to the part about the Saudi Arabian student. The University administration took a lot of heat over that. Conspiracy theories abound. All these strange happenings came pretty much in the same timeframe. Hard to explain. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/03/01/us/ap-us-university-sexual-assault.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Georgia Southern had a whacko professor jump on the rape bandwagon a few years back, and despite having no real evidence of date rapes or druggings she managed to force a bar out of business. It's always frustrating to me that innocent men get destroyed because of the media and a feminist group or professor basically protest until they gotten their perceived justice.

49RFootballNow
March 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Georgia Southern had a whacko professor jump on the rape bandwagon a few years back, and despite having no real evidence of date rapes or druggings she managed to force a bar out of business. It's always frustrating to me that innocent men get destroyed because of the media and a feminist group or professor basically protest until they gotten their perceived justice.

Welcome to the New World Order. For every horrible action there is an overreaction of equal and opposite proportions.

cmaxwellgsu
March 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the New World Order. For every horrible action there is an overreaction of equal and opposite proportions.

Sadly it doesn't stop at horrible actions. The fringe groups march out the second there's a horrible accusation.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM

It was posted that she didn't testify to saying no under oath or give a clear sign that she didn't want this to happen and in fact posted to someone that she is not sure if he did anything wrong and maybe she wanted it.

You don't know if she said no and I'm going with what has been reported over the last few weeks from the trial so stop trying to be an asshole and make this something it was not. I was simply trying to give the cliff notes version to answer a question of someone that didn't know the basics.

Doesn't matter, the jury spoke on the matter and did so in pretty short order, they didn't believe this happened as alleged.

copper
March 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
You must have learned how to quote people from Gwen Florio. You have no idea what happened in that courtroom. It was basically over the first day when the girl took the stand. She was caught in so many lies that I doubt anyone in that courtroom (I was there) thought that he wasn't only not guilty beyond reasonable doubt, but that he was innocent. It all went downhill for the prosecution from there. Couple examples. She told the nurse practitioner who initially examined her that Johnson had fisted her and attempted anal sex. Under oath she denied that happened. Nurse said that yes, she told her that. She texted friends and told them that her councilor told her Johnson was accused of several other rapes. The councilor denied saying that. I don't offer opinions on things I know nothing about, why do you, and then misquote what I said? I only jumped in when someone asked why these charges were even filed. The trial has been hashed to death on a certain message board. If you want to know more, try finding out more before quoting half my sentence and making a judgement.

uofmman1122
March 4th, 2013, 08:23 AM
All indications point to JJ wanting to come back and play for UM.

People make a big deal about Pflu not being there anymore, but don't forget that JJ is probably just as close to all his teammates still.

It's up to the committee to reinstate him, but I can't imagine they deny him now. (Engstrom isn't on the committee, BTW)

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
It's up to the committee to reinstate him, but I can't imagine they deny him now. (Engstrom isn't on the committee, BTW)

I worry about any committee that Engstrom is a part of.

Mr. C
March 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM
All indications point to JJ wanting to come back and play for UM.

People make a big deal about Pflu not being there anymore, but don't forget that JJ is probably just as close to all his teammates still.

I can't imagine that the University of Montana would want to deal with the legal implications of failing to reinstate Jordan Johnson. If I were Engstrom, I'd be worried about my head rolling by the time everything is said and done. What an awful job he has done as a president.

Grizalltheway
March 4th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I can't imagine that the University of Montana would want to deal with the legal implications of failing to reinstate Jordan Johnson. If I were Engstrom, I'd be worried about my head rolling by the time everything is said and done. What an awful job he has done as a president.

No kidding. I wasn't a huge fan of Dennison, but I'd take him back in a heart beat over the clown currently occupying Main Hall.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 4th, 2013, 07:41 PM
The young man was innocent, I would have no problem with the U of M taking him back.

He should also go back to playing FB also. Great player.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM
UM should issue a public apology to Mike Pflugrad and Jim O'Day, who were fired for nothing more than not being willing to presume guilt and using common sense when a sexual assault was alleged. That, and all this insanity of trying to circumvent fair trials and due process by trying to force universities to create sexual harassment and assault policies with an absurdly low burden of proof needs to be stopped.

THE DANIMAL
March 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM
xthumbsupxJordan Johnson was officially just reinstated to the University of Montana football team!!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
xthumbsupxJordan Johnson was officially just reinstated to the University of Montana football team!!

Man, that is great news. Not because I think it makes the team infinitely better or anything like that. It does make us better but more importantly I am glad to see he wants to let by gones be by gones and does not harbor ill will toward the University. I was pretty sure he didn't due to the way he's handled all this but it's good to see him getting back to some normalcy in his life and having something like getting back out there on the field to look forward to.

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Having him back is such awesome news! I cannot wait to see how Wa-Griz reacts when he comes out of the tunnel on August 31st.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Having him back is such awesome news! I cannot wait to see how Wa-Griz reacts when he comes out of the tunnel on August 31st.

KNUTS and I were talking about that yesterday. It's gonna put a little extra feeling on that game that I likened to the semi final game against App combined with the Griz coming out of the tunnel in the ol' Copper, Silver, & Gold against MSU a few years back.

There will be a very tangible emotion that you can feel in the stadium that day.

Wallace
March 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM

It was posted that she didn't testify to saying no under oath... You don't know if she said no ... so stop trying to be an asshole...

It was posted that she said no under oath. I never said I knew she said no, I was responding to the person who said she did. As for your asshole comment, have fun with your mature namecalling.

... I don't offer opinions on things I know nothing about, why do you, and then misquote what I said? ... If you want to know more, try finding out more before quoting half my sentence and making a judgement.

YOU POSTED that she said no and all I did was say IF she said no it should be final. Since you posted that she testified to it under oath, and you "don't offer opinions on things I know nothing about" then so be it. It is not my opinion that no means no, it is law. I did not misquote you. I made no judgement.

This trial is over so there's no use in trying to belittle the woman or anyone who you doesn't agree with you despite the facts of what you said. She lost the case.

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 5th, 2013, 02:30 PM
KNUTS and I were talking about that yesterday. It's gonna put a little extra feeling on that game that I likened to the semi final game against App combined with the Griz coming out of the tunnel in the ol' Copper, Silver, & Gold against MSU a few years back.

There will be a very tangible emotion that you can feel in the stadium that day.

I think it will also be special to see what happens on parent's day. With all that his family has been through, Wa-Griz is going to be a welcoming place for the Johnson family.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 5th, 2013, 02:54 PM
It was posted that she said no under oath. I never said I knew she said no, I was responding to the person who said she did. As for your asshole comment, have fun with your mature namecalling.

YOU POSTED that she said no and all I did was say IF she said no it should be final. Since you posted that she testified to it under oath, and you "don't offer opinions on things I know nothing about" then so be it. It is not my opinion that no means no, it is law. I did not misquote you. I made no judgement.

This trial is over so there's no use in trying to belittle the woman or anyone who you doesn't agree with you despite the facts of what you said. She lost the case.

I have yet to see anyone belittling the girl. I have said that I hope for the best for her. Posting a recap of what is known from the trial and the testimony therein is not belittling anyone it's simple reporting of what was said. You wanna stick on one little bit that was negligible at best in my original response then feel free man but you are trying to start up something in a thread that has been real docile until you manufactured something out of nothing there.

If you feel you really need that victory then I'll end it by saying "good job man" you caught me! She said "no" in a bably voice and then proceeded to undress him, ask if he had a condom, etc., etc.

bjtheflamesfan
March 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM

Any chance you could get that on video?

"GRIZ FANS..WELCOME BACK TO WASHINGTON-GRIZZLY STADIUM...NUMBER (I forget what his number was so Ursus or any of th eother Griz fans fill me in)...JORDAN....JOHNSON!!!"

Good to see a happy ending to this situation for Griz fans

ursus arctos horribilis
March 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Any chance you could get that on video?

"GRIZ FANS..WELCOME BACK TO WASHINGTON-GRIZZLY STADIUM...NUMBER (I forget what his number was so Ursus or any of th eother Griz fans fill me in)...JORDAN....JOHNSON!!!"

Good to see a happy ending to this situation for Griz fans

Grizo406
March 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Although both you and KNUTS are bad people, and have a way of ruining EVERYTHING you touch, I agree with your post completely!

BTW, FCS_pwns mentioned "Mike Pflugrad" in an earlier post. Who is that, and what does he have to do with Griz football?

WELCOME HOME, #10!xthumbsupx

Silenoz
March 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I think he's Phlugrad's brother

Grizalltheway
March 8th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Although both you and KNUTS are bad people, and have a way of ruining EVERYTHING you touch, I agree with your post completely!

BTW, FCS_pwns mentioned "Mike Pflugrad" in an earlier post. Who is that, and what does he have to do with Griz football?

WELCOME HOME, #10!xthumbsupx

About as much as Robin does, unfortunately.:(