PDA

View Full Version : Davis Tull still driven

chattownmocs
February 25th, 2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/feb/25/mocs-tull-remains-driven/?sportscollege

Best player in the SOCON. Hide your QBs.

eaglemachine
February 26th, 2013, 05:09 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/feb/25/mocs-tull-remains-driven/?sportscollege

Best player in the SOCON. Hide your QBs.

Our QB can bench press him.I don't think McKinnon is scared.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
nice player, like what he said, sounds like a really good kid who has his head on straight, but best player in the SC?, not even close.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
nice player, like what he said, sounds like a really good kid who has his head on straight, but best player in the SC?, not even close.

You are right, it isn't close. He is easily the best player in the SOCON. That bone the coaches threw Kimbrough for Co-player of the year last year was laughable.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM

The scary thing is that this guy can probably out-athlete Mckinnon.

eaglemachine
February 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Maybe we will see. I just know that McKinnon is 225 and is benching 460/squatting 560 now and we already know he is quick. Him and Swope are going to be hard to slow down next year with that kind of strength and speed. Defenses might end up being more afraid of our qb running over them than our b back.

blueballs
February 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM

I kinda' doubt that but he is awfully impressive... looks like he has his head on straight too.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 26th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Sean Price is the best player in the SC, makes allamerican freshman team, almost 1200 yds receiving and 8 touchdowns and only played in 10 of Apps 12 games, 6'4 225 and runs sub 4.5. Scary thing is he did this in a new offense, next year with a better understanding of the wide receiver position, should put up even better numbers.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Sean Price is the best player in the SC, makes allamerican freshman team, almost 1200 yds receiving and 8 touchdowns and only played in 10 of Apps 12 games, 6'4 225 and runs sub 4.5. Scary thing is he did this in a new offense, next year with a better understanding of the wide receiver position, should put up even better numbers.

Socon defensive player in the year. All American. 3rd in the nation in sacks. Very likely to break the SOCON sack record before he is done. Being Freshman of the year or making a freshman all american team is not in the same category as doing those things overall.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Best player in the SOCON.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/GL/GLBSHHJNUDQGOVI.20121103224509.jpg

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM
well, last year against Chatt he had 10 catches 130 yds and 2 tds, including one where he had 2 Chatt defenders hanging all over him, he outleaped them, caught the ball, and walked into the endzone. Looks like an all american to me.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
well, last year against Chatt he had 10 catches 130 yds and 2 tds, including one where he had 2 Chatt defenders hanging all over him, he outleaped them, caught the ball, and walked into the endzone. Looks like an all american to me.

And another where the coverage was blown and several others that went for 6 or 7 yards. He had a great game and a great year but you need to calm yourself. He is not the best player in the conference.

asumike83
February 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM
And another where the coverage was blown and several others that went for 6 or 7 yards. He had a great game and a great year but you need to calm yourself. He is not the best player in the conference.

I suppose we will see. Barring injuries, he's on pace to shatter every SoCon and FCS receiving record in the books before he is done.

His stats are nice but you also have to look at when he performed his best. I can think of three games (UTC, Samford, GSU) that he took over in the second half on the road. App won all 3 of those games and I think we probably go 1-2 without Price out there.

Tull is also a great player but it's hard to compare a DE to a WR. Entering 2013, I'd say Tull is the best defensive player in the SoCon and Price is the best offensive player although I'm sure there will be players nobody is talking about now who will be in the mix on both sides by season's end.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Its easier for a great WR to take over a game than a DE. Murrell was a great DE, but his best was when he had Hunter on the other side. He consistantly made plays without Hunter, but dominated with him. As the article states, Tull doesnt have williams opposite him anymore.

Sean Price is uncoverable. CB, Safety, doesnt matter if you double team him, he is 6'5 225, and he is going to make a majority of those catches over the 5-9-6' CBs in the Socon. Not to mention, He has Jones, Peacock and Washington taking pressure off of him. I would like SP to use his speed more though. He's faster than Quick was, but he is more worried about stiff arming a defender than he is about out running him.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
To put this into perspective, Tull is the reigning SOCON defensive player of the year. Price wasn't even the best at his position last year.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
To put this into perspective, Tull is the reigning SOCON defensive player of the year. Price wasn't even the best at his position last year.

Price was just 200 yards behind Malette, a senior NFL bound WR, and played in fewer games. As a freshman.

He's also part of a Socon Championship team, something Tull will never sniff.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Price was just 200 yards behind Malette, a senior NFL bound WR, and played in fewer games. As a freshman.

He's also part of a Socon Championship team, something Tull will never sniff.

Yeah, his team won one more game. Tull will never sniff that type of success. Cool story.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Yeah, his team won one more game. Tull will never sniff that type of success. Cool story.

Thats 2 more games. And no he wont sniff an 8 win season, because Chatty can not win a game when it counts.

Speaking of which, Huesman may not even be around for Tull's senior year.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Thats 2 more games. And no he wont sniff an 8 win season, because Chatty can not win a game when it counts.

Speaking of which, Huesman may not even be around for Tull's senior year.

You can stop with the nonconference crap. You won one more conference game. You scored less than 32 points a game and allowed almost 30. You are one of 6 teams that all finished within one game, to be honest you were lucky not to be 4-4 and finish 6th because that is probably where y'all should have finished. You were one of the worst socon "champions" ever.

Chattanooga obviously has a much better team coming back. It isn't even close. So please spare everyone the arrogance.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM
You can stop with the nonconference crap. You won one more conference game. You scored less than 32 points a game and allowed almost 30. You are one of 6 teams that all finished within one game, to be honest you were lucky not to be 4-4 and finish 6th because that is probably where y'all should have finished. You were one of the worst socon "champions" ever.

I'll take luck over whatever the hell chatty has got. Truth is, App has been rebuilding for a few years, Chatty has supposedly been at its best. Supposedly on the cusp of a championship, and hasnt even made the playoffs. Chatty's best is not equal to Apps lowest. The past 3 years, App has beaten Chatty by a bigger and bigger margin. At home, in Chatty, doesnt matter. 2 Socon Championships in 3 years. Chatty doesnt have 1 in the past 20.

Keep swinging little man.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 26th, 2013, 12:00 PM
you guys are right, tough to compare the two, becouse of their postions, but Ill take Price over Tull becouse he has the ball in his hands much more than Tull, thus, he has a much better chance to decide the outcome of a game. A great game for Tull is a couple of sacks, and 5 or 6 tackles, a great game for Price is 10 catches, 140 yds and a couple of tds, now you tell me, which one is going to have a greater influence on the outcome of the game, of course its Price. Price also has advantage of being on the best offense in the SC, Apps loaded at wr, and running backs, even if you wanted you double coverage Price every down, you cant, the rest of the corp would pick you apart, therefore Price is going to get his single coverages during the game, and except for the safety at Samford (cant remember his name) there is no one who can consistently cover Price in the SC one on one. Tull as good as he is, will be double team most of the game, and with Williams gone on the other side, I actually think his numbers might go down this year.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I'll take luck over whatever the hell chatty has got. Truth is, App has been rebuilding for a few years, Chatty has supposedly been at its best. Supposedly on the cusp of a championship, and hasnt even made the playoffs. Chatty's best is not equal to Apps lowest. The past 3 years, App has beaten Chatty by a bigger and bigger margin. At home, in Chatty, doesnt matter. 2 Socon Championships in 3 years. Chatty doesnt have 1 in the past 20.

Keep swinging little man.

Rebuilding you guys had a coach that had been there for I don't even know how long and a bunch of seniors. Out of 10 All conference players that y'all had, 6 were seniors. We had 6 all conference players, and one was a senior. What in the world are you talking about. We have 9 offensive starters returning and 9 defensive starters returning. What do y'all have. We have been building towards this kind of senior class for 5 years now. You guys have a brand new coach and a ton of question marks. Rebuilding last year? Chattanooga's best? LOL.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
you guys are right, tough to compare the two, becouse of their postions, but Ill take Price over Tull becouse he has the ball in his hands much more than Tull, thus, he has a much better chance to decide the outcome of a game. A great game for Tull is a couple of sacks, and 5 or 6 tackles, a great game for Price is 10 catches, 140 yds and a couple of tds, now you tell me, which one is going to have a greater influence on the outcome of the game, of course its Price. Price also has advantage of being on the best offense in the SC, Apps loaded at wr, and running backs, even if you wanted you double coverage Price every down, you cant, the rest of the corp would pick you apart, therefore Price is going to get his single coverages during the game, and except for the safety at Samford (cant remember his name) there is no one who can consistently cover Price in the SC one on one. Tull as good as he is, will be double team most of the game, and with Williams gone on the other side, I actually think his numbers might go down this year.

Constant pressure on the other teams QB is going to have a bigger impact than a bunch of catches on a ton of targets.

CID1990
February 26th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Rebuilding you guys had a coach that had been there for I don't even know how long and a bunch of seniors. Out of 10 All conference players that y'all had, 6 were seniors. We had 6 all conference players, and one was a senior. What in the world are you talking about. We have 9 offensive starters returning and 9 defensive starters returning. What do y'all have. We have been building towards this kind of senior class for 5 years now. You guys have a brand new coach and a ton of question marks. Rebuilding last year? Chattanooga's best? LOL.

Yeah, if you guys don't win the SoCon this year it will be at least another 20.

Sent from the center of the universe.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM

WTH are you talking about? Teams that have coaches that stay dont occasionally rebuild? We graduate and develop players just like anyone else. App does not have a brand new coach. Satterfield has spent all but 3 years of his adult life in Boone, with this team. App returns 10 offensive starters on an offense that hung 24 points on Chatty's defense in just 1 quarter of play.

We dont have to worry about defense, because Chatty's offense is the definition of "inept." As bad as our defense has been the past 2 years, we've still spanked the Mocs 48-29 in those 2 games.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkl-QiHe9s

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 01:30 PM
WTH are you talking about? Teams that have coaches that stay dont occasionally rebuild? We graduate and develop players just like anyone else. App does not have a brand new coach. Satterfield has spent all but 3 years of his adult life in Boone, with this team. App returns 10 offensive starters on an offense that hung 24 points on Chatty's defense in just 1 quarter of play.

We dont have to worry about defense, because Chatty's offense is the definition of "inept." As bad as our defense has been the past 2 years, we've still spanked the Mocs 48-29 in those 2 games.

I tried to do the math on how 48-29 over 2 games could equal 2 spankings and it is impossible. There could be 1 spanking and 1 close game but the reality is that there was one quarter of dominance by Appalachian state over the last 2 meetings and a few minutes of lucky breaks in the 10 and 11 ball games. The reality is that for the vast majority of the last 3 games overall chattanooga has looked like a superior football team. This year it won't even be close enough for the lucky breaks to turn the game.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I tried to do the math on how 48-29 over 2 games could equal 2 spankings and it is impossible. There could be 1 spanking and 1 close game but the reality is that there was one quarter of dominance by Appalachian state over the last 2 meetings and a few minutes of lucky breaks in the 10 and 11 ball games. The reality is that for the vast majority of the last 3 games overall chattanooga has looked like a superior football team. This year it won't even be close enough for the lucky breaks to turn the game.

The superior team wins. Chattanooga is inferior, they dont win. Chattanooga's freshmen class hadnt even hit puberty the last time the Mocs beat App.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 01:37 PM
This year it won't even be close enough for the lucky breaks to turn the game.

Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that..... *yawn*

You're going to lose again like you have every single year for the past 30.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
The superior team wins. Chattanooga is inferior, they dont win. Chattanooga's freshmen class hadnt even hit puberty the last time the Mocs beat App.

Sure they do. Youngstown was better than North Dakota State last year.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that..... *yawn*

You're going to lose again like you have every single year for the past 30.

Did we go undefeated 30 years ago? I don't get that reference.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Its funny that this time last year this guy was boasting that Kadeem Wise would be shutting down our passing game. Then, as usual, reality kicked in and Price burned them for 130 yards.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 26th, 2013, 01:51 PM
As far as the best player in the SoCon goes, I'm going to have to go with the Homer vote.

Jerrick McKinnon rushed for 640 yards just in the playoffs alone. He rushed for more yards against NDSU than any back (including Eric Breitenstein) and more yards than any team other than Wofford.

Either he or Swope should have a huge year this year depending upon which of them opposing teams will choose to key on.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM
As far as the best player in the SoCon goes, I'm going to have to go with the Homer vote.

Jerrick McKinnon rushed for 640 yards just in the playoffs alone. He rushed for more yards against NDSU than any back (including Eric Breitenstein) and more yards than any team other than Wofford.

Either he or Swope should have a huge year this year depending upon which of them opposing teams will choose to key on.

You could stick most SoCon RB's into that scheme and have similar numbers.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 26th, 2013, 01:57 PM
You could stick most SoCon RB's into that scheme and have similar numbers.

He's not a running back.

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 01:58 PM
He's not a running back.

Yes he is.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM
You could target any receiver in App State's system 15-18 times and they would catch 8-10 balls.

bjtheflamesfan
February 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Did we go undefeated 30 years ago? I don't get that reference.

I believe...o simpleton...that he is referring to the infrequency with which UTC comes out with a victory when playing App State...for the record its actually 13 years...not 30

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
You could target any receiver in App State's system 15-18 times and they would catch 8-10 balls.

Considering Jamal Jackson's completion rate is 66%, thats low balling it.

15 times would be 10 completions, 18 times would be 12.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I believe...o simpleton...that he is referring to the infrequency with which UTC comes out with a victory when playing App State...for the record its actually 13 years...not 30

No it isn't.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Considering Jamal Jackson's completion rate is 66%, thats low balling it.

I bet it is less than that when he targets the best WR of all time.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 02:03 PM
He's not a running back.

What GO said. I made that post knowing full well what position he officially played.

bjtheflamesfan
February 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Ahh...I stand corrected indeed...9 years...still not 30...it may refer to the last conference championship...if that isnt it either then I have no idea

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Ahh...I stand corrected indeed...9 years...still not 30...it may refer to the last conference championship...if that isnt it either then I have no idea

I was referring to the last time Chatty beat Appalachian.

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 02:11 PM

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I was referring to the last time Chatty beat Appalachian.

Then you are an idiot. Of course we already knew that.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Then you are an idiot. Of course we already knew that.

That means a lot coming from the most reputable poster on AGS.

bjtheflamesfan
February 26th, 2013, 02:17 PM
AHA! Ive got it...1983 was the last year UTC beat App State...IN BOONE!

chattownmocs
February 26th, 2013, 02:19 PM
AHA! Ive got it...1983 was the last year UTC beat App State...IN BOONE!

We have lost to them in boone "every single year for the last 30 years?"

bjtheflamesfan
February 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
well that is the only thing I could come up with where the 30 made sense...I mean your last SoCon championship was 1984 so that would be losing to them every year (although that would be 28 not 30)

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
this is probably chatts last chance to beat App, first, the obvious is App is the rumors are correct will accept an invitation to the SB and in 2 years leave, and second, Apps got a almost impossible 4 game stretch at the end of next year, GS, Chatt, Georgia, and Wofford. As much as I love my school, the reality is they will most likely lose to Georgia, and probably one of those other 3 games. Chatts in a great spot, they are scheduled after GS, and before Georgia, if there is a game App is going to overlook, or maybe be flat, its the Chatt game, its the ultimate trap game!!! This game really worries me becouse of the reasons stated, and not becouse of Chatts talent, its still one of the worst, if not the worst offensive team in the SC, and I think if App played them early in the season, App wins easily, 14-21 points. So, to bring it all togeather, we are being handed to Chatt on a silver platter, everything points to an extremely difficult game.... but yet, I got this wonderful feeling that Chatt will somehow find a way to screw it up, (probably Huesman playcalling) and App, ho hum, beats the Mocs again.

asumike83
February 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM
The reality is that for the vast majority of the last 3 games overall chattanooga has looked like a superior football team. This year it won't even be close enough for the lucky breaks to turn the game.

Is it finally time for the "Death of a Dynasty"?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?116953-Death-of-a-dynasty

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Chatty has only beat App twice in more than 2 decades. Most of the games were App's by multiple touchdowns.

ASUMountaineer
February 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM

Hmm...seems we've heard this before.

blueballs
February 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Price is a heckuva player and so is Tull... but Jerick McKinnon played 3 different positions last year before settling in at QB and going for 663 yards and 7 TD's rushing in the playoffs. He's got the ball in his hands every play and he makes it happen in a spectacular way- that's the best player. He's also the best athlete, having scored TD's rushing, receiving, and passing. He also had two interceptions in the 2011 playoffs.

You can't go wrong with any of the three- all great players, but McKinnon plays the most important position and excels and he was the main guy on the team that won the most in the SoCon. He also excelled at 3 three positions too. That's ahrd to argue with...

asumike83
February 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Price is a heckuva player and so is Tull... but Jerick McKinnon played 3 different positions last year before settling in at QB and going for 663 yards and 7 TD's rushing in the playoffs. He's got the ball in his hands every play and he makes it happen in a spectacular way- that's the best player. He's also the best athlete, having scored TD's rushing, receiving, and passing. He also had two interceptions in the 2011 playoffs.

You can't go wrong with any of the three- all great players, but McKinnon plays the most important position and excels and he was the main guy on the team that won the most in the SoCon. He also excelled at 3 three positions too. That's ahrd to argue with...

McKinnon is a great player and a hell of an athlete. He will be a pro. Honestly, all that moving around has probably hurt his reputation as a college player as much as it has helped his NFL stock. While scouts get to see all that he could do at the next level, we haven't really seen him play a position long enough to call him elite at any one. If he plays a full season at QB, stays healthy and performs like he did in the 2012 playoffs, the recognition will start rolling in.

ASUMountaineer
February 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM

Man, I hate Georgia Southern! Especially when they have do-it-all QB's! xshakefistx

GlassOnion
February 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Jerick McKinnon played 3 different positions last year, left running back and right running back, before settling in at center running back and going for 663 yards and 7 TD's rushing in the playoffs.

FIFY.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Man, I hate Georgia Southern! Especially when they have do-it-all QB's! xshakefistx

Stink fans know all about do-it-all QB's. Deandre Pressly took a sack in OT for the big upset that brought GaSo out of their dark years, but returned the favor by shutting them down as a DB last time the Eagles came to The Rock.

blueballs
February 26th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Stink fans know all about do-it-all QB's. Deandre Pressly took a sack in OT for the big upset that brought GaSo out of their dark years, but returned the favor by shutting them down as a DB last time the Eagles came to The Rock.

Great talent, great player... TEAM me. Hard not to like and respect that.

Apphole
February 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM

His attitude was even more remarkable than his talent, IMO. After it was clear he would lose his starting role at QB, he went to the coach and said "I want to contribute," so be became a damn good starting corner. As far as I know he's still a Miami Dolphin.

asumike83
February 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM

One of my favorite Apps of all time (hence the avatar pic). Not many guys could be a starting QB, lose their starting job after an injury and remain such a positive influence in the locker room as he was. WR, KR, PR, CB and a little QB mixed in over the last half of his senior year. Very glad to see him rewarded by getting a shot in the NFL. Really great kid.

asumike83
February 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM
His attitude was even more remarkable than his talent, IMO. After it was clear he would lose his starting role at QB, he went to the coach and said "I want to contribute," so be became a damn good starting corner. As far as I know he's still a Miami Dolphin.

Indeed he is: http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/roster/De'Andre-Presley/0b3ef607-ff69-4d58-83a5-ade63b3cc23f

seantaylor
February 27th, 2013, 02:00 AM

Easily the dumbest thing you've ever said. McKinnon is the best athlete in the Socon bar none.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
yep, pretty dumb statement, is McKinnon the best athlete in the SC, probably, is he the best player in the SC,.... still believe its Price

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2013, 10:06 AM
yep, pretty dumb statement, is McKinnon the best athlete in the SC, probably, is he the best player in the SC,.... still believe its Price

Its close. I think it will come down to who has the best supporting cast.

Apphole
February 27th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Its close. I think it will come down to who has the best supporting cast.

Price is the better talent because he would average >100 yards a game no matter what team he played for. McKinnon is a fine player, but he gets his stellar numbers from the triple option offense just as much as his talent. If you transplanted each of the two to other teams/schemes, Price would still be elite.

blueballs
February 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Price is the better talent because he would average >100 yards a game no matter what team he played for. McKinnon is a fine player, but he gets his stellar numbers from the triple option offense just as much as his talent. If you transplanted each of the two to other teams/schemes, Price would still be elite.

He'd better learn to block and like it... LOL

asumike83
February 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM

Gotta disagree with you there, I don't see Price being anywhere near the impact player he currently is in a triple option scheme. Both are great players and both benefit from their scheme and surrounding cast. Without an emphasis on the passing game and an accurate pocket passer, his impact would be minimized.

blueballs
February 27th, 2013, 10:27 AM

I disagree with that statement. If you put him at tailback in a pro scheme or as a RB in a spread offense, he'd still light it up. He'd have gotten 1500 yds rushing and another 500 receiving in App's offense this past year. Also, from what we saw in the playoffs in 2011, he would be a helluva' DB too. His talent transcends scheme.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I disagree with that statement. If you put him at tailback in a pro scheme or as a RB in a spread offense, he'd still light it up. He'd have gotten 1500 yds rushing and another 500 receiving in App's offense this past year. Also, from what we saw in the playoffs in 2011, he would be a helluva' DB too. His talent transcends scheme.

You think Sean Price would be a terrible DB?

blueballs
February 27th, 2013, 10:59 AM

I dunno... I haven't seen him play enough to say one way or another. In McKinnon's case we have seen him play DB and he was great especially considering his lack of experience at the position and what was on the line.

All I know about Price is from seeing him play against GSU last year and they couldn't cover him for s--t. His one on one plays and GSU's lack of a place kicker were the difference. He looked like an elite all american player to me- even better than Quick. I don't think any of App's opponents are real thrilled about seeing him for another three years.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I dunno... I haven't seen him play enough to say one way or another. In McKinnon's case we have seen him play DB and he was great especially considering his lack of experience at the position and what was on the line.

All I know about Price is from seeing him play against GSU last year and they couldn't cover him for s--t. His one on one plays and GSU's lack of a place kicker were the difference. He looked like an elite all american player to me- even better than Quick. I don't think any of App's opponents are real thrilled about seeing him for another three years.

I dont think we're exactly thrilled about playing McKinnon or Swope the next few years.

CID1990
February 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I think we should all just pause for a moment and allow Chattown and Seantaylor, the two biggest trolls on AGS save MensaBison, to duke this one out.

chattownmocs
February 27th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Again, I'll take a guy who has already won player of the year in this conference as a Sophomore over a couple of guys who weren't even the best at their positions.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Again, I'll take a guy who has already won player of the year in this conference as a Sophomore over a couple of guys who weren't even the best at their positions.

Looking at your past judgement, I'd say its looking good for Price and McKinnon.

CID1990
February 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM

I'm surprised people at UTC aren't paying you to shut up.

Your predictions are like the kiss of death for the Mocs.

eaglewraith
February 27th, 2013, 01:20 PM

I know I'm a little late to this, but there's a correction to this.

McKinnon can bench press TWO of him.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I know I'm a little late to this, but there's a correction to this.

McKinnon can bench press TWO of him.

Until he can bench press a Dennis Wagner, I remain unimpressed.

eaglewraith
February 27th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Until he can bench press a Dennis Wagner, I remain unimpressed.

Well he did put up 470 the other day, how heavy is Wagner?

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Well he did put up 470 the other day, how heavy is Wagner?

I dunno, how much is a young killer whale?

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM

Yes. He has Jayson Foster-esque versatility. And now that Robinson and Wilcox are gone you might see him returning kicks as well.

ASUMountaineer
February 27th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yes. He has Jayson Foster-esque versatility. And now that Robinson and Wilcox are gone you might see him returning kicks as well.

Ugh, I do not want to hear that! I respect the heck out of Foster, but I hated watching App State play against him...flashbacks to 2007!

seantaylor
February 28th, 2013, 01:18 AM

Yes. He's 6'5.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 28th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Ugh, I do not want to hear that! I respect the heck out of Foster, but I hated watching App State play against him...flashbacks to 2007!

You kidding? The only Jayson Foster versus Armanti Edwards matchup ever...the most entertaining game I've seen. xnodx

Yes. He's 6'5.

Being able to jump half a mile into the air would definitely make him a good DB.

ASUMountaineer
February 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM
You kidding? The only Jayson Foster versus Armanti Edwards matchup ever...the most entertaining game I've seen. xnodx

Being able to jump half a mile into the air would definitely make him a good DB.

Apparently, entertainment is in the eye of the beholder...or, at least the fan of the victorious team! xbawlingx

Rockytop
February 28th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I made an account to post this. Both McKinnon and Tull are freak athletes. Both can bench 2 Tull's. How does an article praising a kid for doing things the right way and continuing to work his butt off turn into this childish squabbling. Let's hope the both make it to the NFL and have the SOCON more represented.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I made an account to post this. Both McKinnon and Tull are freak athletes. Both can bench 2 Tull's. How does an article praising a kid for doing things the right way and continuing to work his butt off turn into this childish squabbling. Let's hope the both make it to the NFL and have the SOCON more represented.

Because I predicted that Chattanooga would win games in which they were heavy underdogs and they lost by 1 or 2 points almost every time. So this makes me stupid and them geniuses and proves that Chattanooga has a terrible team full of terrible players that will never win anything of significance.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Because I predicted that Chattanooga would win games in which they were heavy underdogs and they lost by 1 or 2 points almost every time. So this makes me stupid and them geniuses and proves that Chattanooga has a terrible team full of terrible players that will never win anything of significance.

http://www.picgifs.com/clip-art/entertainment/bingo/clip-art-bingo-232698.jpg

Rockytop
February 28th, 2013, 10:59 AM
They are ragging pretty hard on a defending SOCON player of the year with 4 all-american teams. Especially for a walk-on sophomore. Also to let you all know Tull can bench well over 400, squat god knows what and jumped 41 right when he got to UTC. I'd take him against about anyone in pure athletics. Hopefully the wins will come for the Mocs, personally I think Huessman is not a great coach. He gets them close but they can't finish any games.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
They are ragging pretty hard on a defending SOCON player of the year with 4 all-american teams. Especially for a walk-on sophomore. Also to let you all know Tull can bench well over 400, squat god knows what and jumped 41 right when he got to UTC. I'd take him against about anyone in pure athletics. Hopefully the wins will come for the Mocs, personally I think Huessman is not a great coach. He gets them close but they can't finish any games.

They don't know anything about Tull. They had to google him whenever I made this thread. Georgia Southern and App State know each others players and that is it. They are completely delusional about reality. If any of the GSU fans actually came to Chattanooga and watched the game this year and paid attention they wouldn't be so quick to discount him I'm sure. But hey, they won in 3 overtimes so he isn't any good.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM
They don't know anything about Tull. They had to google him whenever I made this thread. Georgia Southern and App State know each others players and that is it. They are completely delusional about reality. If any of the GSU fans actually came to Chattanooga and watched the game this year and paid attention they wouldn't be so quick to discount him I'm sure. But hey, they won in 3 overtimes so he isn't any good.

Tull was powerless to stop App State from blowing Chatty out. That's with a young, inexperienced O-line too. That was the only game I saw UTC play all year, so take it for what it's worth, but he didn't look that strong to me. In fact, I thought your whole team looked awful last year, especially the offense.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Tull was powerless to stop App State from blowing Chatty out. That's with a young, inexperienced O-line too. That was the only game I saw UTC play all year, so take it for what it's worth, but he didn't look that strong to me. In fact, I thought your whole team looked awful last year, especially the offense.

Davis Tull harrassed your QB including a sack and a forced fumble. The game wasn't even close to being a blowout. Your QB didn't have any great day. He did well considering he was under pressure and made a few big plays here and there. Your offense didn't a whole lot. Again, you are delusional.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Davis Tull harrassed your QB including a sack and a forced fumble. The game wasn't even close to being a blowout. Your QB didn't have any great day. He did well considering he was under pressure and made a few big plays here and there. Your offense didn't a whole lot. Again, you are delusional.

We doubled up your score and it wasn't a blowout? Whose delusional?

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Does chattown have two accounts now? This is excellent entertainment, pass the popcorn.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 12:31 PM
We doubled up your score and it wasn't a blowout? Whose delusional?

The final score doesn't determine whether a game was a blowout IMO. I've seen plenty of games that ended up 10 point games that were never in doubt from the first quarter. I've also seen 3 tds games that were decided well into the 4th.

I suppose a 6-3 game is a blowout for you as well.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I suppose a 6-3 game is a blowout for you as well.

No, but 34-17 is.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM
No, but 34-17 is.

A last minute touchdown kept it from being a 4 score game, did it not?

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM
A last minute touchdown kept it from being a 4 score game, did it not?

Yep. 34-10 until Robinson tossed a TD in garbage time with about 20 seconds to go.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Game Summary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St87DXD2gqc

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Game Summary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St87DXD2gqc

Chattown would call that Living my Delusions. xlolx

I may be delusional but that looks like a pretty convincing win.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:07 PM
It was also 10-10 heading to the 4th and 13-10 with Chattanooga well into App territory moments later.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Chattown would call that Living my Delusions. xlolx

I may be delusional but that looks like a pretty convincing win.

You aren't very smart if you don't understand that is a homer highlight video. If you don't have a lead in a game until the 4th qtr, it may not be a blowout.

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
The final score doesn't determine whether a game was a blowout IMO.

What if we hadn't pulled our defensive starters and given up a TD in garbage time. Would a 34-10 final have been a blowout?

We turned the ball over on our first two possessions and got down 10-0 in the 1st quarter. After that, it was all App. From that point on, UTC crossed midfield only two times before the final drive, both of which ended in Huesman INTs. We outgained you 401-270 even after that 65-yard TD drive against our 2nd and 3rd string defenders in the final minutes. I was there, your offense was completely overwhelmed by one of the most porous defenses in the SoCon.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 01:11 PM
You aren't very smart if you don't understand that is a homer highlight video. If you don't have a lead in a game until the 4th qtr, it may not be a blowout.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22815731.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 01:12 PM
What if we hadn't pulled our defensive starters and given up a TD in garbage time. Would a 34-10 final have been a blowout?

We turned the ball over on our first two possessions and got down 10-0 in the 1st quarter. After that, it was all App. From that point on, UTC crossed midfield only two times before the final drive, both of which ended in Huesman INTs. We outgained you 401-270 even after that 65-yard TD drive against our 2nd and 3rd string defenders in the final minutes. I was there, your offense was completely overwhelmed by one of the most porous defenses in the SoCon.

Did Chatty pull their defensive starters in the 4th quarter?

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Your first lead came in the 4th. Your offense didn't exactly light it up either. If you trail twice as much time as you lead, it may not be a blowout

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Your first lead came in the 4th. Your offense didn't exactly light it up either. If you trail twice as much time as you lead, it may not be a blowout

If you score twice as many points as you give up, outgain your opponent by 130 yards and win by 2+ TDs on the road, it may not be all that close.

You had a nice start, hung in there for a while before wearing down and getting run off the field in the 4th. Spin that any way that makes you feel better.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:19 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22815731.jpg

I guess it's just a message board mentality that you can post incorrect statements and greatly embellish a football game because your team.

We had the ball in there territory with a nice drive going and Huesman through a bad pass and App State player made a nice play. Then Jackson through up the ugliest hail mary you will ever see that should have been intercepted and their receiver mad a great play and scored. Then we drove it into their territory again and Huesman threw the ball right to their defender and he had an easy run back.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM
If you score twice as many points as you give up, outgain your opponent by 130 yards and win by 2+ TDs on the road, it may not be all that close.

You had a nice start, hung in there for a while before wearing down and getting run off the field in the 4th. Spin that any way that makes you feel better.

This. I could care less what you call it, Chattown. Everyone else is gonna call that a blowout though.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 01:23 PM
We had the ball in there territory with a nice drive going and Huesman through a bad pass and App State player made a nice play. Then Jackson through up the ugliest hail mary you will ever see that should have been intercepted and their receiver mad a great play and scored. Then we drove it into their territory again and Huesman threw the ball right to their defender and he had an easy run back.

Worst. Grammar. Ever.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt4lQAU6z49R4rIOX8-WC2Sfm6B5-p2jXTyNyxZmXWX5uK7tJOMA

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:23 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=1056024

You should always watch Chattanooga video and not App State. This shows what happened in chronological order as it happened. Not a bunch angles on what they perceive to be a nice plays clipped randomly through the game and some dumb hype music

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 01:24 PM
<object width="480" height="301" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=55712&id=1056024&img=http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/VN/VNANXMJNAAUGCXL.20120923005724.jpg&server=http://www.gomocs.com/XML/titanv3/&pageurl=http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/&jtv=17700&skin=17700&gaa=UA-9132783-2&sitename=jtvs.17700.chattanoogamocs&adpath=N12906217&nlwa=http://track1.neulion.com/jtvsp/17700/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="301" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=55712&id=1056024&img=http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/VN/VNANXMJNAAUGCXL.20120923005724.jpg&server=http://www.gomocs.com/XML/titanv3/&pageurl=http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/&jtv=17700&skin=17700&gaa=UA-9132783-2&sitename=jtvs.17700.chattanoogamocs&adpath=N12906217&nlwa=http://track1.neulion.com/jtvsp/17700/"></embed></object>

You should always watch Chattanooga video and not App State. This shows what happened in chronological order as it happened. Not a bunch angles on what they perceive to be a nice plays clipped randomly through the game and some dumb hype music

I promise to watch it in chronological order, just don't spoil the ending! I hate when people do that.

Apphole
February 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I promise to watch it in chronological order, just don't spoil the ending! I hate when people do that.

Spoiler alert: Chatty loses by 17 points. Blow out.

Its like a Scooby Doo episode. Always the same ending. "I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for your superior football team>"

ASUMountaineer
February 28th, 2013, 01:27 PM

They're not really ragging on Tull, they know he is an excellent football player. They're just inciting Chattown to do what he does best.

ASUMountaineer
February 28th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Davis Tull harrassed your QB including a sack and a forced fumble. The game wasn't even close to being a blowout. Your QB didn't have any great day. He did well considering he was under pressure and made a few big plays here and there (more than Mini-Tebow). Your offense didn't a whole lot. Again, you are delusional.

xlolxxlolxxlolx This statement is beyond awesome. Well done, chattown. xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
http://<object width="480" height="3...mbed></object>

Is that a link to a game that Chatty didn't lose by 17 pts?

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Is that a link to a game that Chatty didn't lose by 17 pts?

I actually forgot about the ridiculous fumble call when the receiver bobbled it the whole time.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 28th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I actually forgot about the ridiculous fumble call when the receiver bobbled it the whole time.

What a great way to spend an afternoon!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27339721.jpg

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Let's talk about the 2011 App/UTC game. UTC out gained App by 22 yards, never led by more than 6 points and yet as I recall, they "thoroughly dominated" the game until those "fluke" plays reared their ugly head. Now THAT was a commanding performance by the visiting team unlike the 17-point nail biter at the Mecca, am I right?

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Let's talk about the 2011 App/UTC game. UTC out gained App by 22 yards, never led by more than 6 points and yet as I recall, they "thoroughly dominated" the game until those "fluke" plays reared their ugly head. Now THAT was a commanding performance by the visiting team unlike the 17-point nail biter at the Mecca, am I right?

Defensively it was absolutely more dominant than y'all were last year. Offensively, y'all ran it a little bit better but your QB performance was weaker than Coleman's and y'all supposedly destroyed. Again, the fluke plays went your way late in 2010 and 2011. Last year it wasn't really fluke, just bad plays by us.

ASUMountaineer
February 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Defensively it was absolutely more dominant than y'all were last year. Offensively, y'all ran it a little bit better but your QB performance was weaker than Coleman's and y'all supposedly destroyed. Again, the fluke plays went your way late in 2010 and 2011. Last year it wasn't really fluke, just bad plays by us.

Well, when Coleman wasn't laying on his back. xlolx

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 02:04 PM

The defensive performance was really not much more dominant. In 2011, UTC gave up 284 yards and forced 3 turnovers with the starters in from start to finish. In 2012, App gave up 270 and forced 3 turnovers with 65 yards coming against our back-ups.

Of course, you did score 10 points offensively against our starters which is what gives the edge to UTC 2011, but both of those were a direct result of turnovers. We fumbled at our own 8, UTC got a touchdown. We threw an INT at our own 33 and held UTC to a field goal. In both cases, the offense did not have on single sustained drive all day, barring the garbage TD after we went up by 24.

As for QB performance, how can you even attempt to argue that Jamal's performance in 2012 was worse than Coleman in 2011? Jackson had 268 passing yards, 3 TD, 1 INT and 27 rushing yards. In 2011, Coleman had 270 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (which was a pick six) and -23 rushing yards. Not even close.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 02:14 PM
The defensive performance was really not much more dominant. In 2011, UTC gave up 284 yards and forced 3 turnovers with the starters in from start to finish. In 2012, App gave up 270 and forced 3 turnovers with 65 yards coming against our back-ups.

Of course, you did score 10 points offensively against our starters which is what gives the edge to UTC 2011, but both of those were a direct result of turnovers. We fumbled at our own 8, UTC got a touchdown. We threw an INT at our own 33 and held UTC to a field goal. In both cases, the offense did not have on single sustained drive all day, barring the garbage TD after we went up by 24.

As for QB performance, how can you even attempt to argue that Jamal's performance in 2012 was worse than Coleman in 2011? Jackson had 268 passing yards, 3 TD, 1 INT and 27 rushing yards. In 2011, Coleman had 270 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (which was a pick six) and -23 rushing yards. Not even close.

Because Coleman's INT hit a reciever in the hands and was batted into the air. One of your QBs TDs was thrown wildly into the air and should have been easily picked. Should have been 285+ 1 td 0 ints for Coleman, and 240ish 2 TDs 2INTs for Jackson last year. Again, I can go back the whole Huesman era and the vast majority of App points came off of turnovers. This is going back to 2009. The bonces of the ball that you guys got from 2009-2011 are just unbelievable. So much of it has been luck so often in this series. These games have completely changed the fortunes of these two programs and pretty much every game should have or very easily could have gone the other way. Yet App State fans think that there great teams have dominated because of what happened a long time ago not even really paying attention to what has actually transpired. I believe the luck in this series will change and I can't wait to see the reaction of this App State fan base when it does.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=658907

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=721288

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=801829

It's really amazing to go back and watch what actually took place in these games. Chattanooga got the better of so much of the action. These games have had such an impact on the balance of power in this conference. If they had went the other way at the very least it would have knocked App State away from the top of the conference if not helped catapult Chattanooga to the top. And it was all dictated by Chattanooga giving it to them or just fluky breaks in the game and bounces of the ball. You would think that App fans would have a little humility and sportsmanship but of course they don't.

ASUMountaineer
February 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=658907

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=721288

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=55712&id=801829

It's really amazing to go back and watch what actually took place in these games. Chattanooga got the better of so much of the action. These games have had such an impact on the balance of power in this conference. If they had went the other way at the very least it would have knocked App State away from the top of the conference if not helped catapult Chattanooga to the top. And it was all dictated by Chattanooga giving it to them or just fluky breaks in the game and bounces of the ball. You would think that App fans would have a little humility and sportsmanship but of course they don't.

You'd think if Chatty was superior they would give up so many fluky plays and App State inferior luck would have nothing to do with it. You'd think after 29 years of not making the playoffs that a UTC fan would have a little humility and sportsmanship, but of course he doesn't.

ASUMountaineer
February 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Because Coleman's INT hit a reciever in the hands and was batted into the air. One of your QBs TDs was thrown wildly into the air and should have been easily picked. Should have been 285+ 1 td 0 ints for Coleman, and 240ish 2 TDs 2INTs for Jackson last year. Again, I can go back the whole Huesman era and the vast majority of App points came off of turnovers. This is going back to 2009. The bonces of the ball that you guys got from 2009-2011 are just unbelievable. So much of it has been luck so often in this series. These games have completely changed the fortunes of these two programs and pretty much every game should have or very easily could have gone the other way. Yet App State fans think that there great teams have dominated because of what happened a long time ago not even really paying attention to what has actually transpired. I believe the luck in this series will change and I can't wait to see the reaction of this App State fan base when it does.

xlolx I see "should have," but not "did."

Chatty did not win, Coleman did throw picks and did get beat up all day.

You speak of luck as if the players on the field had nothing to do with it. Moral victories don't count in the win column. Again, if Chatty was so superior to App State, you'd think their talent would be able to overcome App State's "luck." According to you, Chatty can't get out of it's own way when it comes to playing App State (or winning conference championships). I guess the only team Chatty can beat with any consistency is Chatty, no?

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM

Just because the WR got a hand on it doesn't mean it was a good throw, that ball was high and he led him too much. Hence, a pick six.

Plus, I sold him short. Coleman threw 2 picks in that game, one of which was an absolute dead duck to seal the deal although I'm sure you've got a great excuse for that as well.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
You'd think if Chatty was superior they would give up so many fluky plays and App State inferior luck would have nothing to do with it. You'd think after 29 years of not making the playoffs that a UTC fan would have a little humility and sportsmanship, but of course he doesn't.

A chattanooga dropped pass in this series is an INT. An App State fumble in this series is an offensive TD. A bad snap on a chip shot Chattanooga FG is an App State TD. A bone headed desperation throw up for grabs is a TD for App State and an INT for Chattanooga.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Just because the WR got a hand on it doesn't mean it was a good throw, that ball was high and he led him too much. Hence, a pick six.

Plus, I sold him short. Coleman threw 2 picks in that game, one of which was an absolute dead duck to seal the deal although I'm sure you've got a great excuse for that as well.

No not really, it wasn't as bad of a throw as Jackson's heave down the field last year though. It was however necessary. Jackson's was just blind luck out of stupidity.

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 02:38 PM
A chattanooga dropped pass in this series is an INT. An App State fumble in this series is an offensive TD. A bad snap on a chip shot Chattanooga FG is an App State TD. A bone headed desperation throw up for grabs is a TD for App State and an INT for Chattanooga.

Chip shot FG because you can't convert in the red zone.

A TD vs. an INT because we've had better receivers, a fact not lost on the QB when he throws it up for grabs to a 6-5 target.

The fumble/TD for App was pretty damn crazy and just one of those wild plays but when you lead by 21 at home in the 4th quarter, one single play should NEVER seal your fate. That play was a good bounce for us but we also scored 3 other touchdowns in that sequence.

The fact is, we've scored 52 points in the last two 4th quarters we've played at UTC. Call it luck if you'd like.

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 02:39 PM
No not really, it wasn't as bad of a throw as Jackson's heave down the field last year though. It was however necessary. Jackson's was just blind luck out of stupidity.

Considering it was about 4 feet short and was caught by a defender, I'd say it was considerably worse. The receiver never had any chance at that ball. Jamal threw the ball up for grabs too but at least he got it there and threw it high for a receiver who had about 6 inches on both the guys defending him.

blueballs
February 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Another thing to remember here... App State and Georgia Southern gets everybody's best shot. Every time they take the field they take it knowing that the other team is looking for a "statement" or "program building" win, which is exactly the way you want it if you are App or GSU. But make no mistake, that Saturday is the Super Bowl for the Chattys of the world, and they take their best shot. Unfortunately for them, that best shot has come up painfully just short the past two years.

As far as Tull is concerned, GSU had a helluva time blocking him. He is tough, easily one of the best players in the conference, but it is a reach to state that a DE on a team that doesn't make the playoffs is better or more valuable than a QB of the conference champ/national semi-finalist who averages 220+ rushing in the playoffs and set a national all time rushing record for QB's in the playoffs. ANNNNNNNNND, if you go back and look at the tape of GSU/Chatty (I was at the game), McKinnon was the player that made the big plays (especially the fourth down run in OT) and willed his team to the big win.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
xlolx I see "should have," but not "did."

Chatty did not win, Coleman did throw picks and did get beat up all day.

You speak of luck as if the players on the field had nothing to do with it. Moral victories don't count in the win column. Again, if Chatty was so superior to App State, you'd think their talent would be able to overcome App State's "luck." According to you, Chatty can't get out of it's own way when it comes to playing App State (or winning conference championships). I guess the only team Chatty can beat with any consistency is Chatty, no?

Players make bad plays but a lot of these have been disastrous results on a small mistake. A dropped pass typically means an incompletion, not a TD for the other team. A bad snap on a chip shot FG, usually means no FG, not a TD by the other team. When you fumble a ball, typically you are hoping one of your teammates falls on it, not that it bounces back in your arms in stride so you can run it in for a score.

chattownmocs
February 28th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Another thing to remember here... App State and Georgia Southern gets everybody's best shot. Every time they take the field they take it knowing that the other team is looking for a "statement" or "program building" win, which is exactly the way you want it if you are App or GSU. But make no mistake, that Saturday is the Super Bowl for the Chattys of the world, and they take their best shot. Unfortunately for them, that best shot has come up painfully just short the past two years.

As far as Tull is concerned, GSU had a helluva time blocking him. He is tough, easily one of the best players in the conference, but it is a reach to state that a DE on a team that doesn't make the playoffs is better or more valuable than a QB of the conference champ/national semi-finalist who averages 220+ rushing in the playoffs and set a national all time rushing record for QB's in the playoffs. ANNNNNNNNND, if you go back and look at the tape of GSU/Chatty (I was at the game), McKinnon was the player that made the big plays (especially the fourth down run in OT) and willed his team to the big win.

I go back and watch the tape and see a triple overtime game in which both players were pretty damn effective. Honestly 12 tackles, 3 TFLs, and a sack by a DE stack up pretty well to anything Mckinnon did.

So Georgia Southern and App State aren't taking Chattanooga as seriously as their other opponents? Is that what you are saying. If anything the "super bowl" mentality has caused unforced errors by Chattanooga. Those were the games littered with the most unforced errors from our team last year for sure. We played pretty clean games other than those 2.

blueballs
February 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I go back and watch the tape and see a triple overtime game in which both players were pretty damn effective. Honestly 12 tackles, 3 TFLs, and a sack by a DE stack up pretty well to anything Mckinnon did.

No arguments from me... I got tired of hearing Tull's and Lott's names called all day over the PA. They both played great... McKinnon just made the two big plays at the end- the fourth down run and the final TD- that were the big plays in deciding the outcome.

So Georgia Southern and App State aren't taking Chattanooga as seriously as their other opponents? Is that what you are saying. If anything the "super bowl" mentality has caused unforced errors by Chattanooga. Those were the games littered with the most unforced errors from our team last year for sure. We played pretty clean games other than those 2.

Oh heck no!!! I can assure you that Chatty has GSU's full attention after the way those two have played each other the last 3 years. There's no question the two fumbles in the return game really hurt y'all this past year and were pivotal to the loss. What I am implying is that GSU and App are blocking Chatty's rise to the top of the conference, and that they get Chatty's (and everybody elses including each other's) best shot every single week.

One final thing... I would have loved to meet you and share an adult beverage. I go to Chatty every time GSU plays there (I have family in Georgetown) and have a blast. I really wish the town and the students would get behind the team more. They should be selling that place out and creating an electric atmosphere. The program is putting a good product on the field and deserves the support.

asumike83
February 28th, 2013, 04:05 PM
4th quarter of the last two ASU/UTC match-ups at Finley Stadium: Appalachian 52, Chattanooga 20

It is as simple as that. Winners close.

Having a late lead does not make you the better team. Trust me, I am an Appalachian basketball fan.