PDA

View Full Version : Quinn to Montana

Ronbo
August 28th, 2006, 07:16 PM
From the NY Times.

Quarterback Rhett Bomar, who was dismissed from the Oklahoma football team for receiving extra compensation from jobs at a private business, is transferring to Sam Houston State University, an N.C.A.A. Division I-AA program in Huntsville, Tex....

...Sam Houston State, which has an enrollment of 15,300, is located 70 miles north of Houston and competes in the seven-team Southland Conference. Classes began Aug. 21.

Bomar did not answer a message left on his cellphone this morning. He was believed to also be considering Stephen F. Austin before choosing Sam Houston State.

Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops dismissed Bomar and offensive lineman J.D. Quinn, both starters, on Aug. 2.

The university’s investigation revealed that they knowingly broke N.C.A.A. rules by being paid for work not performed at Big Red Sports/Imports, a car dealership in Norman, Okla.

Both players were declared ineligible by Oklahoma. J.D. Quinn will attend Montana.

VictorG
August 28th, 2006, 09:20 PM
It says he will attend Montana but any info to when he'll practice or be able to play? Even with a 5 game delay, he'll definitely be needed on our OL by then!

Ronbo
August 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I understand they can practice but will be suspended from games. In the stands with the redshirts will be OK. I heard 5 games.