PDA

View Full Version : Old Dominion Coach Wants James Madison In CUSA

superman7515
February 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM
http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/wilder-would-jmu-join-odu-conference-usa

Old Dominion football coach Bobby Wilder generated a little news when he sat down in the conference room adjacent to his office on Thursday to do a live chat with The Virginian-Pilot.

Wilder broached a subject that many at ODU have hesitated to talk about – he said he hopes that James Madison will join Old Dominion in leaving the Colonial Athletic Association for Conference USA.

“I am hopeful that eventually James Madison will make the move to Conference USA,” he said in response to a question. “I believe, like ECU, that would create a tremendous natural rivalry that would be good for the league and also good for both schools.”

Here’s a link to Wilder’s live chat :

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/odu-coach-bobby-wilder-live-chat-noon-today

ODU announced in May it will move from the CAA to C-USA in 2013 in most sports. After playing as a Football Championship Subdivision independent in 2013, the Monarchs will join C-USA and the Football Bowl Subdivision in 2014.

The move up will cost the school about $3 million per year, athletic director Wood Selig has said. About a third of that will be covered by conference TV revenues, a third by fundraising and the rest with ticket price increases.

ODU will become the state’s third FBS program, joining Virginia and Virginia Tech.

JMU appears well-positioned to become the fourth. The school spent $62.5 million renovating and expanding its football stadium into a 25,000-seat showplace that is surely the best in FCS.

It has luxury suites, a restaurant, opulent seating and a clean, major-college football look to it.

When he first saw the new Bridgeforth Stadium, Wilder said he didn’t believe that JMU spent that much money to remain in FCS.

JMU has a dedicated fan base and a proud football history. The Dukes have beaten both Virginia and Virginia Tech and won an FCS national title.

But for now, at least, it appears the Dukes aren’t going anywhere........

NoCoDanny
February 9th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Ohh they called James Madison's stadium "surely the best in FCS" so let's hear why it's not Montana, App, etc.

Saint3333
February 9th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I like JMU's stadium design to expand more than ours. They deserve to be an FBS program, good school with a good fanbase.

A conference of mid-Atlantic programs like JMU, ODU, Delaware, App, UNCC, GSU, etc. makes too much sense to ever happen though.

cbarrier90
February 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Ohh they called James Madison's stadium "surely the best in FCS" so let's hear why it's not Montana, App, etc.

Have you seen Bridgeforth's home side? Looks like a miniature version of something you'd find in the NFL.

citdog
February 9th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I like JMU's stadium design to expand more than ours. They deserve to be an FBS program, good school with a good fanbase.

A conference of mid-Atlantic programs like JMU, ODU, Delaware, App, UNCC, GSU, etc. makes too much sense to ever happen though.

that's the problem with you folks who have NEVER played at that level. the way of thinking of "they DESERVE to be an fbs program" is a fine example of douchebaggery at its highest order.

you and the others who act as if an invitation to the WORST FBS conference that people all over the country snicker and laugh about is somehow a validation of your program and your intrastate schmeckle envy are PATHETIC.

Saint3333
February 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Citdog very post you make about a subject that will never apply to your school is one more sign of envy.

Go throw your rocks in someone else's glass house.

citdog
February 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Citdog very post you make about a subject that will never apply to your school is one more sign of envy.

Go throw your rocks in someone else's glass house.

BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT FOR 50 YEARS. VERY happy where we are but IF we desired to go in another direction, laterally at best which is what you're so INEPTLY ATTEMPTING, I am quite sure we could accomplish that goal and also do it with class and grace which you lack.

conference usa? DONE DEAL FOR APP!

nope

sun bletch invitation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6olhacmQSdg

Saint3333
February 10th, 2013, 08:40 AM
No one here was alive then, I've never seen one person live so far in the past on every subject.

Citdog you can't compete consistently at the SoCon level, please step back into reality.

Yep you had two good wins this past year. #slow clap

citdog
February 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
No one here was alive then, I've never seen one person live so far in the past on every subject.

Citdog you can't compete consistently at the SoCon level, please step back into reality.

Yep you had two good wins this past year. #slow clap

i live in the present. like 52-28.

whitey
February 10th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Of course he wants us. He's undefeated against the Mickster!

whitey
February 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Someone should tell him that ECU isn't going to be in his conference anymore though.

eaglewraith
February 11th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Of course he wants us. He's undefeated against the Mickster!

And he doesn't want any part of us.