PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State Athletics Unveils Strategic Plan

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 08:34 AM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=206277060

Direct link to PDF (http://www.goasu.com/pdf8/1323395.pdf?SPSID=104441&SPID=12805&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21500)

The ASU AD has released a list of plans and upcoming enhancements.

Cliff notes:
-Good bye track at KBS!
-Devoted T&F facility
-Upgraded HD jumbotron at KBS and at the Holmes Dome
-Finally getting rid of the "No Equal" slogan
-Rebranding ASU to App State (already been happening) including changing goasu.com
-Seating expansion at KBS
-Adding more luxury suit sections to KBS
-Adding seats, a weight room and other amenities to Smith Stadium (baseball)
-Renovation of the Holmes Dome
-All chair back seating at Smith Stadium
-Dedicated facilites for Tennis, Volleyball and moving the Soccer Stadium back to campus.

Basically a commitment to FBS football. Especially the tidbit about title IV and changing cheerleading to a "student organization" rather than a part of the athletic department and the official rebranding from ASU to App State. There's already an ASU in the SBC.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/560343_10150610177872224_2024178526_n.jpg

cbarrier90
February 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Two things:

1. Money
2. Flat land

Do we have enough of either?

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Two things:

1. Money
2. Flat land

Yes and No. I suspect things like "move the soccer stadium to campus" are at the end of this priority list and I'm totally ok with that.

One thing I like about Cobb is that football is first. I'd bet we see a pretty much finished KBS before we see a soccer game on campus.

asumike83
February 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Two things:

1. Money
2. Flat land

Relocation of the track should be priority one. Expanding KBS further would be pointless until the track is gone and we can put permanent end zone seating right on the field. It would be expensive but a $200M fundraising campaign is already underway, of which $50M will go towards athletics. We are currently at $152M raised.

As for flat land, we can make it happen. I'd guess that it will either be at the Broyhill Inn location or State Farm.

Also, the all chair-back seating is included in the expansion plans for Smith Stadium (baseball), not KBS. More premium seating will be added but the plans make no mention of changing the general seating to chair-back.

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Relocation of the track should be priority one. Expanding KBS further would be pointless until the track is gone and we can put permanent end zone seating right on the field. It would be expensive but a $200M fundraising campaign is already underway, of which $50M will go towards athletics. We are currently at $152M raised.

As for flat land, we can make it happen. I'd guess that it will either be at the Broyhill Inn location or State Farm.

Also, the all chair-back seating is included in the expansion plans for Smith Stadium (baseball), not KBS. More premium seating will be added but the plans make no mention of changing the general seating to chair-back.

^This.

citdog
February 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
invite?

WH49er
February 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Does it say in there whether Karl Benson wants Cobb to dress up a Vietnamese hooker or a Russian school girl to earn that invite?

asumike83
February 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
invite?

Almost made it two full hours before your first troll post on an App thread. You are making progress, congratulations.

Maybe that hard-on you're sporting for us will die down eventually after all. You'll be wearing gym shorts again before you know it!

superman7515
February 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
-Adding more luxury sweet sections to KBS

C'mon Cit, who needs an invite when you can sit back and watch the game while enjoying some luxury sweets?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/TurkishDelightDisplay.jpg

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 10:29 AM
invite?

playoffs?

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Does it say in there whether Karl Benson wants Cobb to dress up a Vietnamese hooker or a Russian school girl to earn that invite?

"There's the troll again, gee, you are so infatuated with all things ASU."

Did I get that right?

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
C'mon Cit, who needs an invite when you can sit back and watch the game while enjoying some luxury sweets?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/TurkishDelightDisplay.jpg

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
invite?

Typically, you'll want to consult a doctor when you've had a hard-on for 4+ hours. I would suggest you give Dr. Latkestein a call and see if he can help you out.

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 10:34 AM
The troll strikes again, got to love his obsession with us.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSMhrhtCMwUG5nj52U2ICWOOuI86MSv agYwrr4mcF0Z-BbN5TGRg

WH49er
February 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM
"There's the troll again, gee, you are so infatuated with all things ASU."

Did I get that right?

I don't post random links about your basketball attendance. It's a joke about your inept AD.

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I don't post random links about your basketball attendance. It's a joke about your inept AD.

Nor did ASUMountaineer.

I'm beginning to think you really see all App fan AGS posters as the same person. Still wondering who Taylor is. xlolx

The Moody1
February 6th, 2013, 12:03 PM
invite?

Life?

citdog
February 6th, 2013, 12:07 PM
playoffs?

yes please.

extra point blocking?

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 12:09 PM
yes please.

extra point blocking?

Nice of you to watch our playoff game from the comfort of your own coach, like the El Cid football team.

You really are a closet App fan.

Saint3333
February 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM

Would you like a slow clap for UNCC being located next to a city?

Clap

Clap

Clap

Congrats, run along now.

catamount man
February 6th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Almost made it two full hours before your first troll post on an App thread. You are making progress, congratulations.

Maybe that hard-on you're sporting for us will die down eventually after all. You'll be wearing gym shorts again before you know it!

LOL!!! LMAO!!! My day is made.......good stuff.

citdog
February 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM

a fella has to sleep SOMETIME.......REAL men refer to those as 'Shorts, PT'.

my schmeckle is visible from the international space station.

citdog
February 6th, 2013, 12:44 PM
LOL!!! LMAO!!! My day is made.......good stuff.

Happy Days are Here AGAIN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGg0SAYcGlE

Rekdiver
February 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Would you like a slow clap for UNCC being located next to a city?

Clap

Clap

Clap

Congrats, run along now.

You mean Harrisburg or Concord?

49RFootballNow
February 6th, 2013, 12:56 PM
You mean Harrisburg or Concord?

Newell

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Newell

Do you guys have a google alert for "UNCC AnyGivenSaturday" or is ninernation just that devoid of knowledgable football talk?

Methinks a little of both.

49RFootballNow
February 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Do you guys have a google alert for "UNCC AnyGivenSaturday" or is ninernation just that devoid of knowledgable football talk?

Methinks a little of both.

Whatever makes you happy little fellow.

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 01:05 PM

Big difference. xlolx

What's inept is your post. But, I'm in a generous mood--A for effort.

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
yes please.

extra point blocking?

It takes more than asking to be in the playoffs. Your team has to actually win enough. xthumbsupx

citdog
February 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
It takes more than asking to be in the playoffs. Your team has to actually win enough. xthumbsupx

We qualified last season and asked NICELY, as Charleston people do, and were rebuffed like McClellan before Richmond. This year we KICK DOWN THE MOTHER****ING DOOR.

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Whatever makes you happy little fellow.

I sincerely want to know, do you guys all have google alerts or do you lurk here and refresh the page every 5 minutes, just waiting for someone to bash UNCC/waiting to bash Appalachian.

I've used this joke before, but it reminds me of this when someone types the letters U N C and C together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-PhFYNbOU

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
We qualified last season and asked NICELY, as Charleston people do, and were rebuffed like McClellan before Richmond. This year we KICK DOWN THE MOTHER****ING DOOR.

Good luck with that. HISTORY is not on your side.

walliver
February 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM

But if you asked with the Fritz Hollings accent, they didn't understand a word you said.

AppMan
February 6th, 2013, 09:15 PM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=206277060

Direct link to PDF (http://www.goasu.com/pdf8/1323395.pdf?SPSID=104441&SPID=12805&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21500)

-Seating expansion at KBS

-Adding seats, a weight room and other amenities to Smith Stadium (baseball)

-All chair back seating at KBS (not a fan of this one if it includes the student section)

Coach Jones would like Smith Stadium converted to all chair back seating, but I can not find any mention of doing it for KBS.

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Coach Jones would like Smith Stadium converted to all chair back seating, but I can not find any mention of doing it for KBS.

Got it mixed up. Sorry about that. Fixed.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
February 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I read the report and frankly, I am excited about the future and direction of App State. I really believe it will be a matter of time before we get the call to the big leagues.

citdog
February 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I read the report and frankly, I am excited about the future and direction of App State. I really believe it will be a matter of time before we get the call to the big leagues.

if you think the sun bletch conference is the 'big leagues' you're a fool

Apphole
February 7th, 2013, 07:52 PM

Relative to the Southern Confence, it is.

citdog
February 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Relative to the Southern Confence, it is.

http://thelaughingstork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Kid-MrT2.jpg

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 08:02 AM

Your infatuation with App State is turning into jealousy. I would say it's unbecoming, but it's actually quite hilarious.

Hopefully, we get the call soon. That way, we can take Charleston like Sherman did Atlanta and put Citadel back in their rightful spot--losing to App State, and then ride off to the promised land!

ebirToG
February 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I have never been to KBS and from the picture it looks pretty cool. This is not smack just a question...

What does getting rid of the track get you? Are you going to drop the field so the seating is closer or just have grass where the track was? Other than you can have permenant seating in the enzones does it help?

Southern Bison
February 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM
It's amazing to read many of the App comments on AGS ever since the rumor became rampant that the Sun Belt was interested in them. App State has a strong history in the FCS and has built some great rivalries over the years while reaching the playoffs quite often. Now the Yosefs are being rather snobby to everyone else in the SoCon that they worked with/competed with like they're second-class. I know the Bison faithful weren't belittling the rest of the NCC when we moved from D2 to FCS. We appreciated the competition and the drive to be faster/stronger that the NCC and D2 playoffs had given us.

GaSo fans were talking about it when it came out but they've at least been respectful of their fellow SoCon teams and I applaud their attitude. For some of you, I look forward to App St. still being in the SoCon this coming fall to constantly remind you of how juvenile you are about this supposed invite. If you do get the invite, good riddance to Apphole and your ilk because you have forsaken true college football and sold out for an early-December bowl game no one cares about.

Southern Bison
February 8th, 2013, 08:38 AM
The App State FBS Invitation Receiving Committee

http://mrbessler.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/1984/01/beef-lady-436.jpg

cbarrier90
February 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
It's amazing to read many of the App comments on AGS ever since the rumor became rampant that the Sun Belt was interested in them. App State has a strong history in the FCS and has built some great rivalries over the years while reaching the playoffs quite often. Now the Yosefs are being rather snobby to everyone else in the SoCon that they worked with/competed with like they're second-class. I know the Bison faithful weren't belittling the rest of the NCC when we moved from D2 to FCS. We appreciated the competition and the drive to be faster/stronger that the NCC and D2 playoffs had given us.

GaSo fans were talking about it when it came out but they've at least been respectful of their fellow SoCon teams and I applaud their attitude. For some of you, I look forward to App St. still being in the SoCon this coming fall to constantly remind you of how juvenile you are about this supposed invite. If you do get the invite, good riddance to Apphole and your ilk because you have forsaken true college football and sold out for an early-December bowl game no one cares about.

I understand how passionate fans are about the FCS brand of football. That's why we're here in the first place. It's a great brand of football, and there's nothing like college football playoffs and winning it on the field.

However, pointing out that the FCS Championship garnered a lower attendance than many of the bowl games "no one cares about" is not being snobby. Stating that those lower-tier conference games actually get on ESPN as opposed to PBS and now ESPN3 only is not being snobby. For many App fans on this board, including myself, it only means that we believe there is a better opportunity for the football program at the FBS level. It has nothing to do with being "high and mighty."

You attack the lower-tiers of the FBS, then become offended if someone speaks out against FCS. You are a fan of a team that just completed a highly successful move up of its own. Turnabout is fair play.

I don't understand why other fanbases, many of whom have had absolutely nothing to do with either App or GSU in the past, overreact and take these statements so personally. The fact that App and GSU have a strong desire to move up should be taken as, if anything, a warning to the FCS about its current direction, not some vendetta against the system. Heck, for both App and GSU, the FCS brand is what got their programs to their current respective states.

Again, I appreciate the passion behind the FCS fanbase. It's something that has been horribly represented in the national spotlight. I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this board and the FCS brand for as long as Appalachian is a participant. I will readily call out other App fans for outright disrespect of another program or the FCS (ask Apphole,) but mine and others' desires to move up to FBS should not be taken as a slight to any division or program every time it's mentioned.

TheRevSFA
February 8th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Did app get their invite yet?

I'm kidding. I know you guys are excited. I wish you well

AmsterBison
February 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Two things:

1. Money
2. Flat land

NDSU will trade some flat land for a hill of some sort.

I like the plan except for the luxury suites - DON'T DO IT if it means taking away seats! If App is thinking about a club area though, that's the way to go.

Apphole
February 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
The only way to pacify the bleeding hearts of the FCS is to renounce our impending move and declare ourselves fans of an FCS school that has absolutely no chance of ever moving to the next level. Any positive talk about the benefits of such a move will be twisted and spun into a "we're better than you attitute," no matter how innocent and objective they are. All the while we deal with wave after wave of posters insulting the bottom tier of the FBS and bashing the Sunbelt.

I may smack talk a good bit, but I have never been snobby purely based on a potential Sunbelt invitation. Now, saying "elon plays football in a thimble" is a true fact and the relative stadium size of ASU/Elon has and will be the same regardless of subdivision.

A NDSU fan calling anyone arrogant on this forum is the most hypocritical thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Apphole
February 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
NDSU will trade some flat land for a hill of some sort.

I like the plan except for the luxury seats - DON'T DO IT! Build a club area instead.

We already have luxury boxes and a club area. This is just adding more.

AmsterBison
February 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM
We already have luxury boxes and a club area. This is just adding more.

Like the club area, hate the luxury boxes.

When do we get our hill?

asumike83

I don't know what the NDSU fans' attitudes were toward the NCC/DII when they left but I've read enough threads on here to see some NDSU fans belittle plenty of other FCS programs and in particular, any program who wants to go FBS. I'd consider "enjoy the Suck Belt", "have fun in the Toilet Bowl", etc. just as belittling as talking down to someone who wants to stay FCS.

If App were in the position of NDSU in being a strong FCS program with very little in-state competition for coverage and recruits, I highly doubt we would be looking to go FBS either. As you know living in NC, that is not the case. We have a lot of regional competition and the numbers are only increasing. In just the past 5 years, we have had FBS programs pop up in our back yard that previously didn't even sponsor football.

Charlotte has more App alumni than anywhere in the country and I believe Atlanta is 4th or 5th. Our prime recruiting states are NC, SC and GA. Having UNCC and GA State start football programs (not to mention ODU) and immediately go FBS will have a negative long-term impact on our program if we stand pat, IMO. Being able to schedule series with them and the established FBS programs in the region is better for our recruiting than being perceived as below these start-up football programs, regardless of whether we could beat them on the field. I think every ASU fan out there hates to give up the playoffs and will miss it. That is the clear downside of an FBS move.

I don't disagree that some of our fans have taken unnecessary shots at other SoCon/FCS members but as an institution, the administration wants what is best for Appalachian. Personally, I agree with what they are trying to do.

Apphole
will readily call out other App fans for outright disrespect of another program or the FCS (ask Apphole,)

You have never called me out for such behavior...

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM

Cool. I remember NDSU fans coming here once y'all made the jump and talking all kinds of trash. It cuts both ways, with every school/fanbase in the country. There are surely blowhards and chumps that are App State fans and then there are the normal, reasonable fans.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I understand how passionate fans are about the FCS brand of football. That's why we're here in the first place. It's a great brand of football, and there's nothing like college football playoffs and winning it on the field.

However, pointing out that the FCS Championship garnered a lower attendance than many of the bowl games "no one cares about" is not being snobby. Stating that those lower-tier conference games actually get on ESPN as opposed to PBS and now ESPN3 only is not being snobby. For many App fans on this board, including myself, it only means that we believe there is a better opportunity for the football program at the FBS level. It has nothing to do with being "high and mighty."

You attack the lower-tiers of the FBS, then become offended if someone speaks out against FCS. You are a fan of a team that just completed a highly successful move up of its own. Turnabout is fair play.

I don't understand why other fanbases, many of whom have had absolutely nothing to do with either App or GSU in the past, overreact and take these statements so personally. The fact that App and GSU have a strong desire to move up should be taken as, if anything, a warning to the FCS about its current direction, not some vendetta against the system. Heck, for both App and GSU, the FCS brand is what got their programs to their current respective states.

Again, I appreciate the passion behind the FCS fanbase. It's something that has been horribly represented in the national spotlight. I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this board and the FCS brand for as long as Appalachian is a participant. I will readily call out other App fans for outright disrespect of another program or the FCS (ask Apphole,) but mine and others' desires to move up to FBS should not be taken as a slight to any division or program every time it's mentioned.

Agreed. Excellent post.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I don't know what the NDSU fans' attitudes were toward the NCC/DII when they left but I've read enough threads on here to see some NDSU fans belittle plenty of other FCS programs and in particular, any program who wants to go FBS. I'd consider "enjoy the Suck Belt", "have fun in the Toilet Bowl", etc. just as belittling as talking down to someone who wants to stay FCS.

If App were in the position of NDSU in being a strong FCS program with very little in-state competition for coverage and recruits, I highly doubt we would be looking to go FBS either. As you know living in NC, that is not the case. We have a lot of regional competition and the numbers are only increasing. In just the past 5 years, we have had FBS programs pop up in our back yard that previously didn't even sponsor football.

Charlotte has more App alumni than anywhere in the country and I believe Atlanta is 4th or 5th. Our prime recruiting states are NC, SC and GA. Having UNCC and GA State start football programs (not to mention ODU) and immediately go FBS will have a negative long-term impact on our program if we stand pat, IMO. Being able to schedule series with them and the established FBS programs in the region is better for our recruiting than being perceived as below these start-up football programs, regardless of whether we could beat them on the field. I think every ASU fan out there hates to give up the playoffs and will miss it. That is the clear downside of an FBS move.

I don't disagree that some of our fans have taken unnecessary shots at other SoCon/FCS members but as an institution, the administration wants what is best for Appalachian. Personally, I agree with what they are trying to do.

xnodx

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM
The only way to pacify the bleeding hearts of the FCS is to renounce our impending move and declare ourselves fans of an FCS school that has absolutely no chance of ever moving to the next level. Any positive talk about the benefits of such a move will be twisted and spun into a "we're better than you attitute," no matter how innocent and objective they are. All the while we deal with wave after wave of posters insulting the bottom tier of the FBS and bashing the Sunbelt.

I may smack talk a good bit, but I have never been snobby purely based on a potential Sunbelt invitation. Now, saying "elon plays football in a thimble" is a true fact and the relative stadium size of ASU/Elon has and will be the same regardless of subdivision.

A NDSU fan calling anyone arrogant on this forum is the most hypocritical thing I have ever read in my entire life.

Apphole, I hate to do this...but, for someone that wants App State in the Sun Belt as badly as you do, you need to get the name correct. It is not the "Sunbelt," it is the "Sun Belt." xoopsx

UNH Fanboi
February 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Wasn't the invite to Conference USA a "done deal"? What's the delay in the Sun Belt invite if it is a forgone conclusion?

boonegoon
February 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Apphole, I hate to do this...but, for someone that wants App State in the Sun Belt as badly as you do, you need to get the name correct. It is not the "Sunbelt," it is the "Sun Belt." xoopsx

I will only be happy in the Sun "Belt" if the championship trophy looks like this.

49RFootballNow
February 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I will only be happy in the Sun "Belt" if the championship trophy looks like this.

You want an NC State fan to be the Sun Belt Conference Football Championship Trophy?

Apphole
February 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM

Wooooooo!!!

I lived near Rick Flair when I was growing up.

IBleedYellow
February 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Honestly, the only reason I don't want to see GSU and App State go up to FBS is because we will be losing some great competition at this level. I wish you guys the best up there. Do I believe that NDSU will eventually have to go up to that level? Sadly, yes. Will I enjoy it? Probably not as much since we won't get a shot at a National Championship. Do I still think we will be competitive? Of course. I am nervous that I see us being left behind again like we were in the DII days.

These are just a few of the questions that I am sure you guys have covered as well. Most of you have great reasons for both ways, and I KNOW your Boosters have told your AD many different ways. Enjoy the FBS, because that means that NDSU fans will now be known as the most crazy FCS fans. Oh boy.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Wasn't the invite to Conference USA a "done deal"? What's the delay in the Sun Belt invite if it is a forgone conclusion?

Have you been living under a rock?

http://kwikkopydc.com/tenley/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/WhatDoYouLiveUnderARock-300x200.png

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM

xlolx

citdog
February 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM

evidently in some parallel universe pigs ***, ga must still be playing games or else that press conference should be commencing directly.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
evidently in some parallel universe pigs ***, ga must still be playing games or else that press conference should be commencing directly.

xthumbsupx

dgtw
February 8th, 2013, 01:41 PM
When App State and Georgia Southern move up to FBS, what will we talk about on here during the off season if we can't have a new thread every day about them moving up any more?

citdog
February 8th, 2013, 01:42 PM
When App State and Georgia Southern move up to FBS, what will we talk about on here during the off season if we can't have a new thread every day about them moving up any more?

it will be as if they NEVER existed.

not that they're going anywhere mind you.

Skjellyfetti
February 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM

You're free to start a thread on a topic of your choosing. xthumbsupx

Apphole
February 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM

You really won't have much to post about other than the civil war.

citdog
February 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
You really won't have much to post about other than the civil war.

i'll be able to mock your handling of this for YEARS TO COME.

peacock and cobb have done everything but roadhead, and that's just an ASSUMPTION, the commissioners of two low level fbs leagues to attempt to obtain admission and yet HERE you are........STILL

Appaholic
February 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM

The latest pseudo-service academy slap-fest?

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 02:01 PM

This thread wasn't about App State moving to FBS, but about the new strategic plan. And, as Jelly said, you're free to start threads on whatever topics you prefer, and not to read App State-related topics.

Apphole
February 8th, 2013, 02:01 PM
i'll be able to mock your handling of this for YEARS TO COME.

peacock and cobb have done everything but roadhead, and that's just an ASSUMPTION, the commissioners of two low level fbs leagues to attempt to obtain admission and yet HERE you are........STILL

First of all, roadhead is NOT a verb.

Secondly, conference realignment is a very liquid phenominon. There is no rush by either party and rightly so. It WILL happen and you will be eating a Last Supper of crow.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 02:03 PM

As you continue to repeat this, it's beginning to come across not so much that you believe it, but that you so very want it to be true. xnodx Just admit that you are jonesing for some Black and Gold.

citdog
February 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
First of all, roadhead is NOT a verb.

a liquid phenominon. .

It's NOT?

so that's what y'all call it.....

Apphole
February 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
It's NOT?

so that's what y'all call it.....

xlolx

citdog
February 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
As you continue to repeat this, it's beginning to come across not so much that you believe it, but that you so very want it to be true. xnodx Just admit that you are jonesing for some Black and Gold.

yep that's spot on.

i'm a JEW REMEMBER so I'll just take the GOLD.

Southern Bison
February 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Y'all,

Here's what I'm talking about...look at the 3 years that you reached the FCS NC game and the attendance (20,236; 22,808; 23,010) respectively. The App State faithful, along with their opponents, sold out and overflowed a 20,668 (official capacity) stadium and I'm sure there are many of you who know people who couldn't get tickets for those games. The same thing has happened the past 2 NC games where thousands of Bison & Bearkat fans didn't have the opportunity to go because of the sellout. Now let's take a look at the SunBelt bowl contenders from 2012-13:

Arkansas St. vs. Kent St. (GoDaddy.com Bowl - Mobile, AL) = 37,000 (93% capacity)
UL-Monroe vs. Ohio (Independence Bowl, Shreveport, LA) = 41,800 (79%)
W. Kentucky vs. C. Michigan (Little Caesar's Bowl - Detroit, MI) = 23,300 (36%)
UL-Lafayette vs. E. Carolina (New Orleans Bowl, New Orleans, LA) = 48,800 (67%)

You give the FCS the opportunity to sell as many tickets as the public wants and you'll see numbers that rival when the NC was at Marshall Stadium. I'm willing to say that if you had moved the game to Southern Methodist U's Gerald Ford Stadium (32,000) in Dallas, TX or TCU's Amon G. Carter Stadium in Fort Worth (45,000) and see how the % capacity matched up with the Sun Belt Conference bowls. There are many potential matchups of strong FCS teams that travel well in future NC games that could surpass the record in 1995 at Marshall and put these participation trophy bowls to shame.

All I was saying from my first comment is don't forget your roots and who helped you (by losing or beating you) become the program that you are. Also, going bigger is not always better in the long run. We're talking about only 7 wins against FBS schools in your history. You guys have the opportunity to remain a big fish in the FCS pond and not become one of the bottom-feeders in the FBS swamp.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
yep that's spot on.

i'm a JEW REMEMBER so I'll just take the GOLD.

True story. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Y'all,

Here's what I'm talking about...look at the 3 years that you reached the FCS NC game and the attendance (20,236; 22,808; 23,010) respectively. The App State faithful, along with their opponents, sold out and overflowed a 20,668 (official capacity) stadium and I'm sure there are many of you who know people who couldn't get tickets for those games. The same thing has happened the past 2 NC games where thousands of Bison & Bearkat fans didn't have the opportunity to go because of the sellout. Now let's take a look at the SunBelt bowl contenders from 2012-13:

Arkansas St. vs. Kent St. (GoDaddy.com Bowl - Mobile, AL) = 37,000 (93% capacity)
UL-Monroe vs. Ohio (Independence Bowl, Shreveport, LA) = 41,800 (79%)
W. Kentucky vs. C. Michigan (Little Caesar's Bowl - Detroit, MI) = 23,300 (36%)
UL-Lafayette vs. E. Carolina (New Orleans Bowl, New Orleans, LA) = 48,800 (67%)

You give the FCS the opportunity to sell as many tickets as the public wants and you'll see numbers that rival when the NC was at Marshall Stadium. I'm willing to say that if you had moved the game to Southern Methodist U's Gerald Ford Stadium (32,000) in Dallas, TX or TCU's Amon G. Carter Stadium in Fort Worth (45,000) and see how the % capacity matched up with the Sun Belt Conference bowls. There are many potential matchups of strong FCS teams that travel well in future NC games that could surpass the record in 1995 at Marshall and put these participation trophy bowls to shame.

All I was saying from my first comment is don't forget your roots and who helped you (by losing or beating you) become the program that you are. Also, going bigger is not always better in the long run. We're talking about only 7 wins against FBS schools in your history. You guys have the opportunity to remain a big fish in the FCS pond and not become one of the bottom-feeders in the FBS swamp.

The move is not strictly football-based or based on wins and losses. It is a much more complex decision, and App State has approached it as such.

EKU-n-GSU
February 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM

Little blue helment = little blue pill...I see a correlation...

ASU_Fanatic
February 8th, 2013, 03:47 PM
why can't you just... ermmm make flat land? like is that an impossible process

49RFootballNow
February 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
why can't you just... ermmm make flat land? like is that an impossible process

If you're referring to making flat land at App, then you'll have a little problem called granite. 10 to 20 feet down from Fayetteville and parts west in this state is granite deposits. We had to blast several large rocks when we built our stadium and that was just what was under already flat land. The mountainous topography of Boone takes an expensive problem and magnifies the cost. It would probably be easier/cheaper there to tear down buildings on an existing piece of land and build there. Something tells me if Peacock suggested any significant blasting, the EPA would show up.

Southern Bison
February 8th, 2013, 04:11 PM
The move is not strictly football-based or based on wins and losses. It is a much more complex decision, and App State has approached it as such.

If y'all can become the next Boise State, then that's wonderful and I'll roll up to KBS to cheer you on just as loud as an App alum. But statistics and history show that you will have to be that rare FCS team to have success at an FBS level. Just look at your former conference mate in Marshall, along with LA Tech, WKU, UMass, etc. to see how dismal their move to FBS has been. I'd hate to see a great university and historic football program slip downward because they bit off more than they could chew.

Skjellyfetti
February 8th, 2013, 04:24 PM
If y'all can become the next Boise State, then that's wonderful and I'll roll up to KBS to cheer you on just as loud as an App alum. But statistics and history show that you will have to be that rare FCS team to have success at an FBS level. Just look at your former conference mate in Marshall, along with LA Tech, WKU, UMass, etc. to see how dismal their move to FBS has been. I'd hate to see a great university and historic football program slip downward because they bit off more than they could chew.

How would you have responded to a fan of some Divison II team that said something similar about y'all's move to Division I?

"Northern Colorado won a D-II championship in the 90's and now has 9 straight losing seasons after their move! You can't possibly succeed in D-I! Stay here and play against weaker competition and win more games!"

ASU_Fanatic
February 8th, 2013, 04:34 PM
If you're referring to making flat land at App, then you'll have a little problem called granite. 10 to 20 feet down from Fayetteville and parts west in this state is granite deposits. We had to blast several large rocks when we built our stadium and that was just what was under already flat land. The mountainous topography of Boone takes an expensive problem and magnifies the cost. It would probably be easier/cheaper there to tear down buildings on an existing piece of land and build there. Something tells me if Peacock suggested any significant blasting, the EPA would show up.

okay okay mr environmental science

cbarrier90
February 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM

It depends on what you define as a "downward slip." Also, long-term success is not guaranteed at this level. In my time at Appalachian, we've gone from games on Sportsouth to games on PBS to now being off TV completely. All indications are that the SoCon is trending in a direction that is not advantageous for ASU. Yes, SoCon championships and playoff games are nice, but your ceiling as a program is severely limited when FCS is attached. The FBS gives ASU the opportunity to HOST games against other in-state FBS schools and, who knows, if everything falls into place one dream season, maybe even make a run like NIU and get to a BCS game.

It's about exposure. If kids see Appalachian football succeed on the big stage, it entices them to come to football games and see Boone and the campus. That's one more potential admission application that doesn't get sent in if not for the success of the football team. That's more money towards the university that doesn't get sent in if not for the success of the football team.

NDSU and Montana don't have that issue because they are the flagship universities of their states and kids grow up wanting to be Bison or Griz. Appalachian must first fight off the "Big Three" of UNC, NC State and Duke, followed by other FBS-ers in ECU and Wake Forest before they get their share of exposure in the state of NC. FBS can potentially change that "food chain."

App, Charlotte, etc. all have this problem when it comes to getting the best students in the state of North Carolina. UNCC finally saw the light after seeing what was happening to Appalachian from 2005-2007, decided it wanted a piece of the action, and got the ball rolling on the football program.

dgtw
February 8th, 2013, 06:56 PM
This thread wasn't about App State moving to FBS, but about the new strategic plan. And, as Jelly said, you're free to start threads on whatever topics you prefer, and not to read App State-related topics.

I suspect moving up is part of the reason for the master plan. And I actually enjoy these threads and wish you luck in your quest. I asked the question because I was bored and wanted to see what I could stir up.

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 09:31 PM

Let me try this again as you either didn't read my post, couldn't comprehend my post, or are choosing to ignore what you read.

Perhaps I can make it easier: The decision to look for a FBS home was not made just on football.

Did that help?

ASUMountaineer
February 8th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I suspect moving up is part of the reason for the master plan. And I actually enjoy these threads and wish you luck in your quest. I asked the question because I was bored and wanted to see what I could stir up.

I'm sure it is, but the OP was about the plan itself, not a thread about a possible move to FBS. As for seeing what you could stir up, the usual suspects are slowly making their way over.

Southern Bison
February 8th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Perhaps I can make it easier: The decision to look for a FBS home was not made just on football.

Did that help?

No need to be a smartapp...I complimented y'all on a great school, a rich football history, & that I'll be cheering with you. The only sport that does not compete at the "highest level" is football because you're in the FCS. All other sports App State already plays at the highest level**, Division I...no subdivisions, just D-I. Like Notre Dame, Alabama, UNC-CH, Duke, NC State, UNC-C, & ECU. Like I said before, if y'all make the move and ASUMike83 still talks to me after this, I'll be up there with him at KBS cheering right along side. So what was it outside of football that is driving this? I ask because I suspect that within 15-20 years, NDSU may look at the same move and I am trying to understand the viewpoint from an alumni base in the middle of it today.

**maybe not Men's BB after that free-throw. xlolx

Accelerati Incredibilus
February 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I have never been to KBS and from the picture it looks pretty cool. This is not smack just a question...

What does getting rid of the track get you? Are you going to drop the field so the seating is closer or just have grass where the track was? Other than you can have permenant seating in the enzones does it help?

Several natural streams run under KBS so digging down might not be an option. It depends on the cost of re-routing the water. Removing the track will allow for endzone seating and a lot of them can be put in the south (bank) end zone. Although they were re-built in 1995 both lower levels are in pretty bad shape due to pouring concrete in winter conditions. I personally think we should drop the existing west stands and rebuild from the middle of the track back to the athletics center and connect to end zone seating. KBS is a patch work facility that has little symmetry to it. ASU has been blessed with a beautiful stadium setting and we need to build a facility worthy of it. If done right there would be very few stadiums in the nation that could rival it from an aesthetics standpoint.

PaladinFan
February 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
It depends on what you define as a "downward slip." Also, long-term success is not guaranteed at this level. In my time at Appalachian, we've gone from games on Sportsouth to games on PBS to now being off TV completely. All indications are that the SoCon is trending in a direction that is not advantageous for ASU. Yes, SoCon championships and playoff games are nice, but your ceiling as a program is severely limited when FCS is attached. The FBS gives ASU the opportunity to HOST games against other in-state FBS schools and, who knows, if everything falls into place one dream season, maybe even make a run like NIU and get to a BCS game.

It's about exposure. If kids see Appalachian football succeed on the big stage, it entices them to come to football games and see Boone and the campus. That's one more potential admission application that doesn't get sent in if not for the success of the football team. That's more money towards the university that doesn't get sent in if not for the success of the football team.

NDSU and Montana don't have that issue because they are the flagship universities of their states and kids grow up wanting to be Bison or Griz. Appalachian must first fight off the "Big Three" of UNC, NC State and Duke, followed by other FBS-ers in ECU and Wake Forest before they get their share of exposure in the state of NC. FBS can potentially change that "food chain."

App, Charlotte, etc. all have this problem when it comes to getting the best students in the state of North Carolina. UNCC finally saw the light after seeing what was happening to Appalachian from 2005-2007, decided it wanted a piece of the action, and got the ball rolling on the football program.

I just think there has to be caution in the "food chain" approach. Marshall, I believe, is a good test case. Marshall moved up at the top of their game, in part, to be seen as an "instate equal" to West Virginia. Only three times since 1915 has Marshall ever entertained West Virginia in Huntington. Recall that West Virginia has only two FBS teams and zero FCS teams. North Carolina, by contrast, has five FBS teams (not counting UNCC), and another nine FCS programs.

The idea, I think, that App is going to move to the FBS and then host Wake or UNC is, in my opinion, probably not going to happen any time soon. Even in West Virginia, where there are only two teams that are ostensibly "rivals", it is still a rarity for WVU to make the trip. Even when they did, it took Marshall being in the FBS twelve or thirteen years before WVU scheduled a game there.

Saint3333
February 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM
App would host ECU within three years of the move and either Wake or NC State within 5. That is very realistic. ODU is hosting VT in 2018.

citdog
February 10th, 2013, 03:07 PM
App would host ECU within three years of the move and either Wake or NC State within 5. That is very realistic. ODU is hosting VT in 2018.

not sure if you're serious.

In ALL of Virginia there are only 3, now with ODU being there, fbs schools.

Saint3333
February 10th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I am dead serious.

ACC schools have traveled to Belt schools in the past, Maryland, UVA, and the latest one, Duke just signed a game with Troy a couple months ago.

Skjellyfetti
February 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM
And ULM has a home-and-home series with Wake Forest and Missouri has a home-and-home series with Arkansas State.

BCS schools will travel to Sun Belt schools. They will not travel to SoCon schools.

Y'all can dismiss the Sun Belt all you want, but you can't dismiss facts.

citdog
February 10th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I am dead serious.

ACC schools have traveled to Belt schools in the past, Maryland, UVA, and the latest one, Duke just signed a game with Troy a couple months ago.

ecu won't come to boone for at least a decade. just for SPITE. the pirates are the only set that whines more than yosefs.

citdog
February 10th, 2013, 04:22 PM
And ULM has a home-and-home series with Wake Forest and Missouri has a home-and-home series with Arkansas State.

BCS schools will travel to Sun Belt schools. They will not travel to SoCon schools.

Y'all can dismiss the Sun Belt all you want, but you can't dismiss facts.

Did anyone ever say they would?
the facts are why people dismiss the sun bletch. IT SUCKS. that's the fact.

The Moody1
February 10th, 2013, 04:38 PM

Nope, it's an opinion.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM

xlolx Come on citdog, say it with me...APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apphole
February 11th, 2013, 09:26 AM

Arrogant know-it-all. WRONG, jackass.

First of all, the rock in the area is metamorphic sandstone, not granite. Secondly, the rock isn't the issue in lowering the field. As stated earlier, it's diverting the groundwater that might prove expensive if we intend on lowering the field.

So much for the "big time" engineering degree at Harrisburg U.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
No need to be a smartapp...I complimented y'all on a great school, a rich football history, & that I'll be cheering with you. The only sport that does not compete at the "highest level" is football because you're in the FCS. All other sports App State already plays at the highest level**, Division I...no subdivisions, just D-I. Like Notre Dame, Alabama, UNC-CH, Duke, NC State, UNC-C, & ECU. Like I said before, if y'all make the move and ASUMike83 still talks to me after this, I'll be up there with him at KBS cheering right along side. So what was it outside of football that is driving this? I ask because I suspect that within 15-20 years, NDSU may look at the same move and I am trying to understand the viewpoint from an alumni base in the middle of it today.

**maybe not Men's BB after that free-throw. xlolx

Not being a smartapp, I just wanted to make sure you actually read my previous post.

I have no defense of our BBall team...it is tough for us App State fans--and, a sore subject.

Appalachian's administration has to weigh several factors pertaining to the university as a whole, and it goes without saying the entire athletic department. Obviously, I'm well aware that all of App State's sports are Division I with football being the only sport competing in a subdivision. Everyone on this site, except maybe citdog, is aware of that.

The fact is, that Appalachian is not going to make a decision that is solely in the interest of the football program. Our administration has made it clear that a move will only be made if it is in the best interest of the university, not just the football program. The entire athletic department has to be considered, especially because prospective FBS conferences do not necessarily sponsor all of the sports App State plays. In addition, a move to FBS will create a need for more revenue and Appalachian has committed to not generating that revenue on the back of its students using fees. My point being, that a move to FBS means changing conferences. It means looking at how the university as a whole fits in with the group of schools it will be aligned with. What benefits, if any, will a move have on bolstering Appalachian's academic profile. All of these factors were part of the BOT's decision.

While it's clear that football is the driving force, it is not strictly a football decision.

Apphole
February 11th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Sagarin's (the most accurate, objective and scientific rating system that exists) FBS conference rankings at the end of 2012.

1 SOUTHEASTERN
2 BIG 12
3 PAC-12
4 BIG TEN
5 I-A INDEPENDENTS
6 BIG EAST
7 ATLANTIC COAST
8 WESTERN ATHLETIC
9 SUN BELT
10 MID-AMERICAN
11 CONFERENCE USA
12 MOUNTAIN WEST

Facts really do suck don't they, Citdog?

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Sagarin's (the most accurate, objective and scientific rating system that exists) FBS conference rankings at the end of 2012.

1 SOUTHEASTERN
2 BIG 12
3 PAC-12
4 BIG TEN
5 I-A INDEPENDENTS
6 BIG EAST
7 ATLANTIC COAST
8 WESTERN ATHLETIC
9 SUN BELT
10 MID-AMERICAN
11 CONFERENCE USA
12 MOUNTAIN WEST

Facts really do suck don't they, Citdog?

why not post the results from the past 10 years?

not so good for your cause.

Skjellyfetti
February 11th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Already did that for you.

2012:
Sun Belt - 9
SoCon - 14

2011:
Sun Belt - 12
SoCon - 17

2010:
SoCon - 12
Sun Belt - 16

2009:
Sun Belt - 13
SoCon - 15

2008:
Sun Belt - 13
SoCon - 14

2007:
SoCon - 10
Sun Belt - 13

2006:
Sun Belt - 13
SoCon - 17

2005:
Sun Belt - 13
SoCon - 16

2004:
Sun Belt - 12
SoCon - 18

2003:
Sun Belt - 13
SoCon - 17

2002:
Sun Belt - 12
SoCon - 17

2001:
SoCon - 15
Sun Belt - 16

Since the Sun Belt began sponsoring football in 2001...

The Sun Belt has finished higher in Sagarin's ratings 9 times.
The SoCon has finished higher in Sagarin's ratings 3 times.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM

We will, as soon as you post the results from the past 10 years of App State/Citadel games.

Not so good for your cause.

Apphole
February 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM

Because the current status of this hierarchy is more relevant than the past decade, especially when half the teams in the lower half of this list were in different conferences than they are now. You can't be THAT stupid, can you?

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Already did that for you.

that's right. It's really cool that the sun bletch can give 22 more scholarships and SOMETIMES be better than an FCS league.

i can see why you'd be interested.

let us know when ANYONE ELSE actually wants you.

THEY DON'T.

your admin is inept in everything except GETTING YOU to fork over money for a move that is never going to occur.

if you're not fbs in 5 years from now what do you do? besides running peaCOCK and cobb out of town on a rail?

asumike83
February 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
if you're not fbs in 5 years from now what do you do? besides running peaCOCK and cobb out of town on a rail?

I think the more important question is what are you going to post about on AGS if we are FBS five years from now? Your continued patronage of Appalachian athletics is appreciated.

xsalutex

49RFootballNow
February 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Arrogant know-it-all.

First of all, the rock in the area is metamorphic sandstone, not granite. Secondly, the rock isn't the issue in lowering the field. As stated earlier, it's diverting the groundwater that might prove expensive if we intend on lowering the field.

So much for the "big time" engineering degree at Harrisburg U.

You're so predictable and boring. Get a new gimmick. xdeadhorsex

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I think the more important question is what are you going to post about on AGS if we are FBS five years from now? Your continued patronage of Appalachian athletics is appreciated.

xsalutex

you will NOT be ANYWHERE BUT THE SOUTHERN CONFERENCE and the rest of us will get DECADES of belly laughs and guffaws at your expense.

it's SAD that all of the yosefs NEVER have any comeback to ANYONE pointing out that your attempt to change conferences has BEEN AN EPIC FAIL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER but to say "you must really like app". that ladies and gentlemen is SUPER.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nK8DoV8FJE

asumike83
February 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
you will NOT be ANYWHERE BUT THE SOUTHERN CONFERENCE and the rest of us will get DECADES of belly laughs and guffaws at your expense.

it's SAD that all of the yosefs NEVER have any comeback to ANYONE pointing out that your attempt to change conferences has BEEN AN EPIC FAIL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER but to say "you must really like app". that ladies and gentlemen is SUPER.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nK8DoV8FJE

I've made my thoughts about our desire to move up clear on more than one occasion. I enjoy SoCon football and will miss the playoffs if we move but I think it is the right thing for us. I also have a different opinion about the likelihood that it will happen but only time will tell.

There just isn't much need to try and respond seriously when anything will just get the exact same response as every other App thread you troll, capped off by a South Park YouTube video. You can say our response is lame but the fact is, you've posted about App a lot more than you've posted about The Citadel recently.

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I've made my thoughts about our desire to move up clear on more than one occasion. I enjoy SoCon football and will miss the playoffs if we move but I think it is the right thing for us. I also have a different opinion about the likelihood that it will happen but only time will tell.

There just isn't much need to try and respond seriously when anything will just get the exact same response as every other App thread you troll, capped off by a South Park YouTube video. You can say our response is lame but the fact is, you've posted about App a lot more than you've posted about The Citadel recently.

if you don't like others snickering and laughing AT YOU then perhaps y'all shouldn't BRING UP THIS EPIC FAILURE OF YOUR LEADERSHIP in EVERY thread involving the Southern Conference.

the only response you have is what I stated above "you must really like app". i don't but i do enjoy a good laugh at your ability to delude yourselves into thinking that you are ANYTHING SPECIAL. sorry to have to inform you that YOU'RE NOT.

here is something to do with El Cid.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

happy now?

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM
that's right. It's really cool that the sun bletch can give 22 more scholarships and SOMETIMES be better than an FCS league.

i can see why you'd be interested.

let us know when ANYONE ELSE actually wants you.

THEY DON'T.

your admin is inept in everything except GETTING YOU to fork over money for a move that is never going to occur.

July 1, 2014. Put your money (or avatar) where your mouth is. Why are you so hesitant?

GlassOnion
February 11th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Who is obsessed with App? This guy:

if you don't like others snickering and laughing AT YOU then perhaps y'all shouldn't BRING UP THIS EPIC FAILURE OF YOUR LEADERSHIP in EVERY thread involving the Southern Conference.

the only response you have is what I stated above "you must really like app". i don't but i do enjoy a good laugh at your ability to delude yourselves into thinking that you are ANYTHING SPECIAL. sorry to have to inform you that YOU'RE NOT.

happy now?

He's like the AGS version of "Rain Man." Buys his underwear at K-mart, and counts toothpicks too.

asumike83
February 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YLUVDPFbQ

happy now?

Winning in Boone was the crowning achievement of the last 20 years of Citadel football since your last playoff appearance. Congrats on the win, I can't imagine how thrilled you'd be if you beat a program that was something special.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM

Kind of like the Confederate States of America, or Citadel trying to win SoCon football titles this century, or citdog staying away from bacon.

Hey look, citdog used another YouTube video in a post!

We keep bring up your continued infatuation with all things Appalachian because it is quite comical...you just can't quit us.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM

We will, as soon as you post the results from the past 10 years of App State/Citadel games.

Not so good for your cause.

Still waiting...

GlassOnion
February 11th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Still waiting...

Be patient, He'll be right with you after the Ricki Lake rerun is over.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM

Wow. You guys really haven't had much success lately if that will feed you for DECADES.

Of course, how many DECADES has it been since the CSA was defeated with your heralded leader fleeing Richmond dressed as a woman, and you're still griping? He sounds like the perfect cadet for Citadel.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM

Doubtful. Ricki Lake is a bigger man than most cadets. Anderson Cooper is more citdog's speed.

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:36 AM
July 1, 2014. Put your money (or avatar) where your mouth is. Why are you so hesitant?

I LOVE how the date keeps getting pushed back. This whole thing is a laugh a minute. So when 1 July of '14 comes and goes how far will you push the date back then. My money is on 2100.

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Who is obsessed with App? This guy:

He's like the AGS version of "Rain Man." Buys his underwear at K-mart, and counts toothpicks too.

I enjoy free balling. At least in Charleston we have NEED for toothpicks.

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Kind of like the Confederate States of America, or Citadel trying to win SoCon football titles this century, or citdog staying away from bacon.

Hey look, citdog used another YouTube video in a post!

We keep bring up your continued infatuation with all things Appalachian because it is quite comical...you just can't quit us.

Yahweh denied us the victory but gave us a GLORIOUS HERITAGE to pass down to posterity.

We're RISING. you have become a shadow of your former self. those title games must Seem like they were decades ago.

Bacon is tasty and if I AM didn't want us to eat Porky then why did he make him so DELICIOUS?

Actually it seems that YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T QUIT US............because nobody else WANTS YOU.

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM

SERIOUSLY onion you are WAY OVERMATCHED, like your football team was on your home field last season, in any debate with me. Only Appholic is my equal......ASU Mountaineer is doing a SERVICEABLE job filling in for him.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I LOVE how the date keeps getting pushed back. This whole thing is a laugh a minute. So when 1 July of '14 comes and goes how far will you push the date back then. My money is on 2100.

I've never pushed the date back. You're the one crowing "never." You asked me for a date last week and the date I gave was July 1, 2014. I have not wavered on my offer for a friendly wager. You simply lack the testicular fortitude to accept the wager.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Yahweh denied us the victory but gave us a GLORIOUS HERITAGE to pass down to posterity.

We're RISING. you have become a shadow of your former self. those title games must Seem like they were decades ago.

Bacon is tasty and if I AM didn't want us to eat Porky then why did he make him so DELICIOUS?

Actually it seems that YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T QUIT US............because nobody else WANTS YOU.

Actually, decades ago was when Citadel last won a SoCon championship. Try again?

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:50 AM
SERIOUSLY onion you are WAY OVERMATCHED, like your football team was on your home field last season, in any debate with me. Only Appholic is my equal......ASU Mountaineer is doing a SERVICEABLE job filling in for him.

As opposed to Citadel's history of being overmatched on its home field in many other seasons. History with citdog is always fun.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Apparently, we Southerners were not YHWH's chosen people.

Citadel's rise to a SoCon championship: decades in the making. I now can see why both you and chattownmocs are so fixated on beating App State, both Citadel and UTC have similar histories when it comes to winning in football.

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I've never pushed the date back. You're the one crowing "never." You asked me for a date last week and the date I gave was July 1, 2014. I have not wavered on my offer for a friendly wager. You simply lack the testicular fortitude to accept the wager.

i actually never saw your response. i'll bet with you. 5 bucks......Confederate.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM

Thanks BTW, and I have been bestowed the power of Appaholic from the grand Yosef himself. xnodx Thus, I too am your equal (except in posting random 3-7 second YouTube videos).

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:55 AM
i actually never saw your response. i'll bet with you. 5 bucks......Confederate.

xlolx well played.

Ursus, can we mark this for all to remember?

It's just for shiggles anyways. xlolx

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Actually, decades ago was when Citadel last won a SoCon championship. Try again?

this debate isn't about The Citadel. It's about the mismanagement of a VERY FEEBLE attempt at moving to the fbs. i understand why y'all would feel the need to deflect ANY attention being brought to THAT subject.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
this debate isn't about The Citadel. It's about the mismanagement of a VERY FEEBLE attempt at moving to the fbs. i understand why y'all would feel the need to deflect ANY attention being brought to THAT subject.

xlolx

This is a "VERY FEEBLE attempt."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NA9uQSQYiSQ/SSYvDpCYkTI/AAAAAAAABAM/EMU-LyMV3uk/s400/VMI+Cheerleader.JPG

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
xlolx

This is a "VERY FEEBLE attempt."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NA9uQSQYiSQ/SSYvDpCYkTI/AAAAAAAABAM/EMU-LyMV3uk/s400/VMI+Cheerleader.JPG

that's called the 'reverse caveman'

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
that's called the 'reverse caveman'

Where's her club? And, are only cadets weak enough to have this "position" used on them?

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Where's her club? And, are only cadets weak enough to have this "position" used on them?

i imagine it's right above her balls. Yes. Unlike yosefs like apphole who engage in fisticuffs with female fans who attempt to steal his flag we do not.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
i imagine it's right above her balls. Yes. Unlike yosefs like apphole who engage in fisticuffs with female fans who attempt to steal his flag we do not.

xlolx Sorry, Apphole, but you have to give citdog credit for that one.

TheRevSFA
February 11th, 2013, 12:24 PM

..and this is why Cit is a hall of famer.

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 12:25 PM
..and this is why Cit is a hall of famer.

Well, that and the diversity he adds to the Hall.

TheRevSFA
February 11th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Well, that and the diversity he adds to the Hall.

Kinda like the token black guy

asumike83
February 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM

*Insert 3-second YouTube video of Token Black from South Park here*

citdog
February 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
*Insert 3-second YouTube video of Token Black from South Park here*

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/davis-jr-sammy-photo-sammy-davis-jr-6233615.jpg

WH49er
February 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM

Haha, you sir have been repped.

Southern Bison
February 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM

http://youtu.be/NBh895KdXAU

henfan
February 11th, 2013, 02:26 PM
WTG, App!

Coincidentally, Delaware's athletic facilities master plan has recently been updated. No longer is it merely a watercolor painting of a FB stadium rendering; it now contains rainbows.17557

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 02:50 PM
http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/davis-jr-sammy-photo-sammy-davis-jr-6233615.jpg

The rarest of all forms, the AAJ. Bravo, citdog! xlolx

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM

ASUMountaineer
February 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Haha, you sir have been repped.

You need to take this lesson, citdog is showing you how trolling is done right! xlolx