PDA

View Full Version : Fargodome expansion

frozennorth
February 3rd, 2013, 09:37 PM
brazenly stolen from bisonville. This proposal will add club seating in the south endzone, convention and meeting space, and connect via skyway to the we-almost-have-enough-money BSA. Looks like the club will provide about 350 new seats.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/388711/

http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/20130201163913051.pdf

Bisonoline
February 3rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
brazenly stolen from bisonville. This proposal will add club seating in the south endzone, convention and meeting space, and connect via skyway to the we-almost-have-enough-money BSA. Looks like the club will provide about 350 new seats.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/388711/

http://legacy.inforum.com/pdfs/20130201163913051.pdf

Its a conceptual drawing. Not even close to a finished plan.

Thundar
February 3rd, 2013, 11:37 PM
Its a conceptual drawing. Not even close to a finished plan.

Or approved, just a theory all together.

Bisonoline
February 3rd, 2013, 11:42 PM
Or approved, just a theory all together.

Thanks. You said what i was thinking. Now the yahoos are saying to do it to the north and west sides. LOL Sometimes I wonder if their brains fall out when they get on BV.

The Cats
February 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
The addition looks good, I just wish WCU had $34 million reserves stashed some place.

Professor Chaos
February 4th, 2013, 09:36 AM
For the most part, it's just adding a separate and smaller convention center. The only thing even proposed to enhance the main arena is the sky lounge over the south end zone which isn't going to do anything for most of us. I wish they'd use that money to remodel the main area and add seating. But that's probably not cost effective anyway.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Tree Fidy seats? That's all? Time to pony up with an outdoor stadium with over 20k seats.

344Johnson
February 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Tree Fidy seats? That's all? Time to pony up with an outdoor stadium with over 20k seats.

Ew. Outdoor in December? Gross.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Ew. Outdoor in December? Gross.

Football is played outdoors in the United States. You Canucks need to get with it.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Football is played outdoors in the United States. You Canucks need to get with it.

You hillbillies would shrivel up and die in the cold in December.

Your sister would be pissed if your dick falls off on a road trip to Fargo.

344Johnson
February 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM

You hear them talk about how cold the frozen tundra at Lambeau is. A lot worse in Fargo.

FargoBison
February 4th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Only way NDSU ever plays outside is if we go FBS, then games after Thanksgiving aren't really a concern of ours anymore.

BisonBacker
February 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
With this proposal why the hell don't they just take the money they are going to waste on the BSA and combine it with this and make a real basketball arena like the one they had originally proposed to be added to the dome. They could also add the rest of the frills they want and kill two birds with one stone. Putting money into the BSA in my opinion is a waste.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 4th, 2013, 11:46 AM
With this proposal why the hell don't they just take the money they are going to waste on the BSA and combine it with this and make a real basketball arena like the one they had originally proposed to be added to the dome. They could also add the rest of the frills they want and kill two birds with one stone. Putting money into the BSA in my opinion is a waste.

I think it has to do with the BSA being a wholly owned NDSU property and the Fargodome being owned by the city with it's own budget.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm always perplexed by the way NDSU fans brag about their manly ability to withstand incredibly cold temperatures, only to retreat to an indoor facility for games. Put your money where your mouth is!

Montana boys have the biggest cold weather balls, which I suppose would mean they have the smallest actual balls.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I'm always perplexed by the way NDSU fans brag about their manly ability to withstand incredibly cold temperatures, only to retreat to an indoor facility for games. Put your money where your mouth is!

Montana boys have the biggest cold weather balls, which I suppose would mean they have the smallest actual balls.

Just because one can handle 20 degree weather easily, does not mean it is fun to sit outside for 3 hrs with a wind chill below zero. Surely your simple mind can grasp the nuance.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Just because one can handle 20 degree weather easily, does not mean it is fun to sit outside for 3 hrs with a wind chill below zero. Surely your simple mind can grasp the nuance.

Well I must insist that you stop bragging about your abilities to withstand arctic temps. You obviously can not, hence the dome.

I experience wind chills of -30 in the winter time at my place of work. I can't take it for too long, but then again I don't talk down to people for never experiencing it as I sit in a warm shelter.

Twentysix
February 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNDFARGO5

We will leave toothless hillbilly matters to you, you can leave the cold to us.

Read into the tabular data windchill histories. Pick some days.

If the wind could be blocked an outdoor stadium is feasible, if it cannot it is not. Windchill in ND often makes any temp 25-30 degrees colder. 10 above is 20 below, 10 below is 40 below.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNDFARGO5

We will leave toothless hillbilly matters to you, you can leave the cold to us.

Read into the tabular data windchill histories. Pick some days.

If the wind could be blocked an outdoor stadium is feasible, if it cannot it is not. Windchill in ND often makes any temp 25-30 degrees colder. 10 above is 20 below, 10 below is 40 below.

Like I said, I live such temperatures in the winter, and I do so in North Carolina.

Appaholic
February 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Gotta agree with Apphole on this one. NDSU bragging about it's ability to withstand the cold from their heated dome is as legitimate as UNCC bragging about being undefeated, untied & so on....

real football is played outdoors regardless of weather...(surprised the Bison didn't insist upon the championship game being played in the Jerry Dome or something.....)

Twentysix
February 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Gotta agree with Apphole on this one. NDSU bragging about it's ability to withstand the cold from their heated dome is as legitimate as UNCC bragging about being undefeated, untied & so on....

real football is played outdoors regardless of weather...(surprised the Bison didn't insist upon the championship game being played in the Jerry Dome or something.....)

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/windchill/images/windchill.gif

checkmate.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I think every single one of y'all are crazy as hell. I enjoy living in a climate that is fit for human habitation.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM

checkmate.

No one said it wasn't miserably cold in that desolate wasteland you call a state, we're just tired of you bragging about how cold it is when you never leave the cosy indoors.

Gil Dobie
February 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM

checkmate.

Wonder when the last time the Temp was 0 in NC and the wind was 45 mph. I'm calling BS on -30 windchill in NC.
There are a lot of people that will sit through a cold outdoor game. Football may be meant to be played outdoors, but it's meant to be watched from the indoors in December in the frozen north.

Twentysix
February 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I think every single one of y'all are crazy as hell. I enjoy living in a climate that is fit for human habitation.

No arguments from me on that one. I intend to move south for my graduate work, lol.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm calling BS on -30 windchill in NC.

http://www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/cronos/?station=GRANDFATHR

These are current. It is a very warm day today. Here is where you'll find -30 wind chills.

DJKyR0
February 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM
No one said it wasn't miserably cold in that desolate wasteland you call a state, we're just tired of you bragging about how cold it is when you never leave the cosy indoors.

Six hours of tailgate, buddy.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM

Even then, there are ways to stay warm. I'd bet even the vaunted KBS would be quite desolate in those conditions.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM

Four dudes sitting around an ice fishing hole eating lutefisk is NOT a tailgate!

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Even then, there are ways to stay warm. I'd bet even the vaunted KBS would be quite desolate in those conditions.

There is never anything desolate about KBS. Always beautiful and always packed to the brim. Show a little respect for the national attendance leader.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/75/d75dc03e-fa39-11e1-869d-0019bb2963f4/504c2040aca7b.preview-620.jpg

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/78584448.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/183202_3663858560558_279672283_n.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
February 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Four dudes sitting around an ice fishing hole eating lutefisk is NOT a tailgate!

I know you need something to do while waiting by the phone for the Sun Belt to call but that's pretty weak. Plenty of visitors have said that NDSU has a great tailgating atmosphere in spite of the less than ideal conditions.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I know you need something to do while waiting by the phone for the Sun Belt to call but that's pretty weak. Plenty of visitors have said that NDSU has a great tailgating atmosphere in spite of the less than ideal conditions.

boone, nc tailgate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qz4L1O84_I&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0q z4L1O84_I&has_verified=1

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM

I'm sure its fine by Canadien standards. And you must be ballsy to stand out on that moonscape for hours before a game.

Happy now?

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM
boone, nc tailgate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qz4L1O84_I&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0q z4L1O84_I&has_verified=1

Filmed and set in South Georgia.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Fargo/GF is a lot colder, especially with the wind, than Bozeman/Missoula. The climate of Bozeman really isn't much different than Northern PA. Most Bozeman days in December are in the 30's with sun.

Southern Bison
February 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM
http://www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/cronos/?station=GRANDFATHR

These are current. It is a very warm day today. Here is where you'll find -30 wind chills.

The little ant hill you speak of is 2,600 ft. higher than Boone. If you teeth start chattering at the top of Grandfather Mountain, you need to stay the hell away from the Rockies where there are real mountains. Boone/Blowing Rock is a great area and I've been there many times but your poor misgivings about cold are as weak as your extra-point protection. C'mon man, Boone doesn't even average a single month below 40 degrees F!

darell1976
February 4th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Sorry to jump back to the topic at hand....Didn't the city of Fargo extend the dome tax (can't remember what its called) for flooding? Would they dare tap into that fund?

FargoBison
February 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Sorry to jump back to the topic at hand....Didn't the city of Fargo extend the dome tax (can't remember what its called) for flooding? Would they dare tap into that fund?

They don't need to, the dome has $34 million in the bank.

darell1976
February 4th, 2013, 03:38 PM
In the end, both Vanyo and Sobolik likened their aspirations for the Fargodome to the Alerus Center in Grand Forks, which has ample connecting exhibition space, restaurants, bars and a hotel.

“It’s very impressive,” Vanyo said of the Alerus Center. “I think of how impressive the Fargodome is, to add something like that would just be really, really nice.”

However the Alerus is running out of parking space by eating up the available parking to accommodate the hotels. I think with the restaurants and hotels along 19th Ave, the dome is doing just fine.

BisonBacker
February 4th, 2013, 04:40 PM
They don't need to, the dome has $34 million in the bank.

Actually according to the article that was only half of what they have. Either way to answer Darrel's question no way in hell would they dare do that. People would have the pitchforks out.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM
The little ant hill you speak of is 2,600 ft. higher than Boone. If you teeth start chattering at the top of Grandfather Mountain, you need to stay the hell away from the Rockies where there are real mountains. Boone/Blowing Rock is a great area and I've been there many times but your poor misgivings about cold are as weak as your extra-point protection. C'mon man, Boone doesn't even average a single month below 40 degrees F!

Who said anything about Boone? I was just demonstrating that just because someone lives in NC (or outside of ND), does not mean they never experience extreme weather.

344Johnson
February 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM

I don't mind withstanding the stupid cold weather walking to class. I don't mind the cold if there is no wind. I would be at all football games regardless of temperature/wind. The problem is plenty of folks would be content to turn on the tube and watch it from their couch.

Also, don't claim The Rock is always packed. Something like 16,000 for the Illinois State game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 4th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I don't mind withstanding the stupid cold weather walking to class. I don't mind the cold if there is no wind. I would be at all football games regardless of temperature/wind. The problem is plenty of folks would be content to turn on the tube and watch it from their couch.

Also, don't claim The Rock is always packed. Something like 16,000 for the Illinois State game?

The wind would be the biggest dynamic with an outdoor stadium in the Red River Valley. By December, the combination of cold and wind would make some interesting offensive game planning. There was a youtube video from a D2 playoff game against Augustana(??) from the late 80's I believe. It was an "interesting" watch.

Apphole
February 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM

The Rock is always packed in the regular season. The NATION WIDE phenomenon of low playoff attendence has no bearing on the biggest fanbase in the FCS (App State).

Holidays, very short notice, schools not in session ect.

And please don't counter with "well we still get all 17k to the Fargo Dome don't cha knooow!" You're in a major metro area compared to a school whose alums have to literally plan a 2-4 hour trip to the mountains with 3 days notice. Not to mention a sample size of two years isn't representative.

Southern Bison
February 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM
The wind would be the biggest dynamic with an outdoor stadium in the Red River Valley. By December, the combination of cold and wind would make some interesting offensive game planning. There was a youtube video from a D2 playoff game against Augustana(??) from the late 80's I believe. It was an "interesting" watch.

1986 - Playoff game vs. Augustana

http://youtu.be/WOXkT107x2E

Mdh1
February 4th, 2013, 05:42 PM
The NATION WIDE phenomenon of low playoff attendence has no bearing on the biggest fanbase in the FCS (App State).

And please don't counter with "well we still get all 17k to the Fargo Dome don't cha knooow!" You're in a major metro area compared to a school whose alums have to literally plan a 2-4 hour trip to the mountains with 3 days notice. Not to mention a sample size of two years isn't representative.

Does this clown know anything about the population density of ND? I guess Fargo is now a major metro area and Fargo can be reached from anywhere in ND or western MN (or central Iowa in my case) within 15-30 minutes.

Apphole, just admit it: App had a bad attendance showing during the ISU-r game. NDSU did not; the dome was sold out throughout the playoffs. It's wasn't "NATION WIDE" this year as NDSU packed the dome and the national championship. Will this be the norm? I hope so, but I doubt it. I remember the 2008-2009 years when the FargoDome looked like Kidd Brewer during the ISU-r game.

Regarding an earlier point, I think NDSU has enough trouble trying to get teams to come to Fargo (NDSU still has only 11 games next year and appears to be locking in on this option), why would they add the "oh by the way- it might be -40 wind chill" factor? "Manly-men" can live in bone-chilling wind chill, but idiots go out and stand in it for 3 to 9 hours (without a fish house and beer).

IBleedYellow
February 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I really wish that we could put external weight bearing towers on the outside of the dome, build out 5-8 rows on each side, and lift the roof. I'd be content with that. Oh yeah, and when we put the external towers out, we'd be able to remove the corner ones and add 750-1k per corner.

jub1982
February 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM
A new stadium/renovating the Fargodome (5000+ seats) is just some people having wild dreams. Sell out every home game for the next 5 years and then talk about it. I think we're 10-15 years from NDSU and Fargo having a meaningful discussion about the matter. When a new stadium is discussed I think it will be a dome. I prefer outdoor football and real grass, but getting recruits to buy into that in Fargo's weather conditions is a different story.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
1986 - Playoff game vs. Augustana

http://youtu.be/WOXkT107x2E

is that Ed Schultz with the Coach?

frozennorth
February 4th, 2013, 06:02 PM
is that Ed Schultz with the Coach?

you can thank NDSU for starting Ed's career.

IBleedYellow
February 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Screw Ed Schultz.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
you can thank NDSU for starting Ed's career.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/files/2012/07/douche.jpg

stevdock
February 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
The Rock is always packed in the regular season. The NATION WIDE phenomenon of low playoff attendence has no bearing on the biggest fanbase in the FCS (App State).

I really don't understand this crap about 3 days notice isn't enough time to plan for a playoff game. In September I was hoping for home playoff games and knew my coaching schedule might need to be tweaked a little to accommodate it. I started working on my AD then about a basketball tournament so my team could play as early as possible in the day. If App St is the national power they think they are then their fans should EXPECT home playoff games and be able to schedule December home games around that.

Bisonoline
February 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM

Careful how you use the word never mr toolbelt. The Bison handily beat the Bobcats in the playoffs 3 years ago. The Bison practiced in blizzard conditions(wearing shorts mind you) leading up to the game. The game was played in below freezing conditions. I will now allow you to keep yapping your insepid garble.

frozennorth
February 4th, 2013, 10:05 PM
i love getting lectured about the cold by a southerner.

Southern Bison
February 4th, 2013, 11:50 PM

Sorry Appy...apparently you've forgotten how to read a calendar. The game was 9 days AFTER Thanksgiving. Not a holiday weekend, school was in session, and the fan base had 13 days from Selection Sunday to the ISU-r Block Party.

Let me eliminate a few of your other potential excuses:
1. There wasn't enough snow on the molehills around Boone for everyone to go skiing.
2. The moonshine stills had been raided by the ATF the week prior.
3. Your female 1st cousins were out of town.

BISON Thunder
February 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Careful how you use the word never mr toolbelt. The Bison handily beat the Bobcats in the playoffs 3 years ago. The Bison practiced in blizzard conditions(wearing shorts mind you) leading up to the game. The game was played in below freezing conditions. I will now allow you to keep yapping your insepid garble.

Remind me again...when is the last time the Bison have lost a gaime in Montana?

Appaholic
February 5th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Filmed and set in South Georgia.

Actually, North Georgia...closer to Ga State (& Furman, Wofford, Charlotte, etc) than the other GSU....but Georgia nonetheless & your point is taken....

darell1976
February 5th, 2013, 09:28 AM
NDSU won't get more seating in the Fargodome so I think when they are serious about a move to the FBS they will just get a brand new 35-50k stadium. (just my opinion). Of course location may be a problem. You couldn't put it near the campus as room is limited by the airport and I wouldn't put it near the interstate by the animal research farms. Plus all the rich people on the southside would demand it out by the 52nd ave S. area. But as of now (for the rest of the FCS days) the connection to the new SHAC would be pretty cool. (whenever the new BSA gets built). And now Sonic is coming to Fargo!!! Its about damn time!!!!

aces1180
February 5th, 2013, 10:47 AM
NDSU won't get more seating in the Fargodome so I think when they are serious about a move to the FBS they will just get a brand new 35-50k stadium. (just my opinion). Of course location may be a problem. You couldn't put it near the campus as room is limited by the airport and I wouldn't put it near the interstate by the animal research farms. Plus all the rich people on the southside would demand it out by the 52nd ave S. area. But as of now (for the rest of the FCS days) the connection to the new SHAC would be pretty cool. (whenever the new BSA gets built). And now Sonic is coming to Fargo!!! Its about damn time!!!!

Um, there are rich people all over Fargo...Not just in the south part of the city. There will never be a football stadium (or any other kind of NDSU-dedicated athletic facility) off campus. The donors will not (and should not) allow it. This is one of the big reasons (along with taking resources from football and basketball) that there will not be hockey at NDSU unless someone builds a rink on campus.

darell1976
February 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Um, there are rich people all over Fargo...Not just in the south part of the city. There will never be a football stadium (or any other kind of NDSU-dedicated athletic facility) off campus. The donors will not (and should not) allow it. This is one of the big reasons (along with taking resources from football and basketball) that there will not be hockey at NDSU unless someone builds a rink on campus.

I am sure there are rich people all over but the majority is on the south side which gets priority on new businesses and such. I live on the northside and the only thing up here is the college and the airport. No mall, no big box stores, that's all on the southside. As for no NDSU related athletic facilities off campus...well if the price is right that may change. I never thought I would see UND football off campus....until 2001 happened.

344Johnson
February 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I am sure there are rich people all over but the majority is on the south side which gets priority on new businesses and such. I live on the northside and the only thing up here is the college and the airport. No mall, no big box stores, that's all on the southside. As for no NDSU related athletic facilities off campus...well if the price is right that may change. I never thought I would see UND football off campus....until 2001 happened.

NDSU won't be moving football away from campus. There are places a new one could be built I imagine.

aces1180
February 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
NDSU won't be moving football away from campus. There are places a new one could be built I imagine.

Agreed...I could see them moving the practice fields or even the Ellig just west of Newman to make room for a new stadium.

Southern Bison
February 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The problem to the west of campus is the FAA regulations for the airport, North of 19th is also a problem because of the airport, & South has the rail lines. I could actually see them taking the area from University Dr. to 10th St. & from 17th down to 15th across from the practice field and the BSA, leveling the houses and building there. As far as waiting until an FBS move for a new stadium, I'll have to disagree with Darell (big shock, I know) and I think we'll see a fundraising drive starting by 2025 and that's without moving to FBS and hoping we can play in the Kotex Bowl in Cheney, WA.

darell1976
February 5th, 2013, 02:01 PM
The problem to the west of campus is the FAA regulations for the airport, North of 19th is also a problem because of the airport, & South has the rail lines. I could actually see them taking the area from University Dr. to 10th St. & from 17th down to 15th across from the practice field and the BSA, leveling the houses and building there. As far as waiting until an FBS move for a new stadium, I'll have to disagree with Darell (big shock, I know) and I think we'll see a fundraising drive starting by 2025 and that's without moving to FBS and hoping we can play in the Kotex Bowl in Cheney, WA.

Number 1 the Kotex bowl in Cheney is funny!!xlolx
Number 2 I think there would be an outrage if they leveled the housing.

Twentysix
February 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM

Rumor has it NDSU has been attempting to purchase the housing on the opposite side of University for some years now. I believe the intial purpose of the acquisitions is said to be parking lots. Ofc at NDSU parking lots become any number of things rather quickly.

Then again it is just a rumor.

frozennorth
February 5th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Rumor has it NDSU has been attempting to purchase the housing on the opposite side of University for some years now. I believe the intial purpose of the acquisitions is said to be parking lots. Ofc at NDSU parking lots become any number of things rather quickly.

i believe its for future university expansion

darell1976
February 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM

Are we talking the housing to the south of Holiday between Fargo North and Univ Dr?

Twentysix
February 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Are we talking the housing to the south of Holiday between Fargo North and Univ Dr?

I believe that is the general area, more on the NDSU side though. South of Niskanen would probably be a better way to phrase it. ;)

Most of the housing facing NDSU is run down duplex-triplex-quadplex's. Some people in the area take pride in their houses, but most of the rentals are pretty ****ty. The one I live in looks way better on the outside than it does on the inside, lol.

citdog
February 5th, 2013, 04:01 PM

Projects?

darell1976
February 5th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I believe that is the general area, more on the NDSU side though. South of Niskanen would probably be a better way to phrase it. ;)

Most of the housing facing NDSU is run down duplex-triplex-quadplex's. Some people in the area take pride in their houses, but most of the rentals are pretty ****ty. The one I live in looks way better on the outside than it does on the inside, lol.

I remember them building the new housing just south the Holiday/McDonalds area. But now they have that new housing complex north of Stop-N-Go to help with student housing. So if they can build more of those then demolish the crappy houses (as you describe) then that area may be good for a stadium, of course then the question is what becomes of the Fargodome?

darell1976
February 5th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Projects?

From what I heard from my wife that would be in the Golden Ridge area of Fargo to the south and west of the NDSU campus.

Southern Bison
February 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Unlike most southern cities (Charlotte included) and major urban areas in the north (Detroit, Minny, Chicago, etc.) Fargo really doesn't have a "projects" area per say. If the rumor is true that NDSU is silently buying up those -plexes along University between 17th & 15th to expand the campus, that's great news. Perhaps I have better ESP-N than I thought...

Southern Bison
February 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I remember them building the new housing just south the Holiday/McDonalds area. But now they have that new housing complex north of Stop-N-Go to help with student housing. So if they can build more of those then demolish the crappy houses (as you describe) then that area may be good for a stadium, of course then the question is what becomes of the Fargodome?

The home of the Bison - hockey style that will whoop the Whioux up one blue line and down the other.

344Johnson
February 5th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Agreed...I could see them moving the practice fields or even the Ellig just west of Newman to make room for a new stadium.

I would dig them having the field where the Ellig is now. Right by the dorms. Have a more campus feel than the dome's location.

The problem to the west of campus is the FAA regulations for the airport, North of 19th is also a problem because of the airport, & South has the rail lines. I could actually see them taking the area from University Dr. to 10th St. & from 17th down to 15th across from the practice field and the BSA, leveling the houses and building there..

Absolutely not. I live on 12th st 16th ave. Don't take my college home from me. On second thought....perhaps my current house's location could be on the 50 yard line....

its almost exclusively college kids or people who probably don't like living around college kids but cant afford a new home. I think it'd be fine.

citdog
February 6th, 2013, 12:02 AM
its almost exclusively college kids or people who probably don't like living around college kids but cant afford a new home. I think it'd be fine.

when you get serious about it you should hire this guy as a consultant.

http://littleworksofheart.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452dc8469e201538ef2c4c3970b-300wi

NOBODY gentrifies like King Joe Riley.

Baby....You're the Best

Southern Bison
February 6th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I would dig them having the field where the Ellig is now. Right by the dorms. Have a more campus feel than the dome's location.

Damn kids these days! 2 blocks of walking to the FargoDome means it's not on campus? Dear God! What kind of lazy-*** bitches are in the stands at my alma mater?

Where the soccer field/Ellig/softball diamonds currently are is because of the FAA regs for any kind of tall structure in the landing pattern. There's a cone that comes out from the south end of the main runway that limits the height of structures. Besides, I wouldn't want an open air stadium with a fly-over during the national anthem, Delta coming by with 13:32 left in the 2nd and United dropping in with 7:16 left in the game.

344Johnson
February 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Damn kids these days! 2 blocks of walking to the FargoDome means it's not on campus? Dear God! What kind of lazy-*** bitches are in the stands at my alma mater?

Where the soccer field/Ellig/softball diamonds currently are is because of the FAA regs for any kind of tall structure in the landing pattern. There's a cone that comes out from the south end of the main runway that limits the height of structures. Besides, I wouldn't want an open air stadium with a fly-over during the national anthem, Delta coming by with 13:32 left in the 2nd and United dropping in with 7:16 left in the game.

I meant surrounded by campus rather than being on the edge of it on the north end.

Bisonoline
February 6th, 2013, 04:12 PM

Or they build it where the new tailgate lot is.