PDA

View Full Version : SWAC - Seven Game Mandate?

TexasTerror
August 26th, 2006, 11:27 AM
SWAC friends,

Saw the thread come back to the top on SWACPage and was wondering what insight can be shared in the push to reduce the nine-game mandate to seven games? Were no further discussions held at SWAC Media Day when everyone was brought together for meetings?

Nick Deriso, where are you? Would love if you blogged in DerisBlog about it if you have heard any new grumblings from the SWAC folks. We're all pushing for it here on AGS and I know most of the SWAC faithful seem to be pretty in favor of reducing the mandate from nine to seven. Give us the word! :bow:

August 26th, 2006, 12:01 PM
SWAC friends,
Saw the thread come back to the top on SWACPage and was wondering what insight can be shared in the push to reduce the nine-game mandate to seven games? Were no further discussions held at SWAC Media Day when everyone was brought together for meetings?
Nick Deriso, where are you? Would love if you blogged in DerisBlog about it if you have heard any new grumblings from the SWAC folks. We're all pushing for it here on AGS and I know most of the SWAC faithful seem to be pretty in favor of reducing the mandate from nine to seven. Give us the word! :bow:Nick wrote:
... The presidents have asked the conference office to compile more information about possible opponents and the way a new scheduling mandate would work. That will then be presented during the SWAC's winter meetings, held after the football season...
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20060520013253436

TexasTerror
August 26th, 2006, 12:08 PM
SWAC Winter Meetings? Guess we have a bit of time to wait...

Oh well, so what kind of scheduling do folks want? Divisional format with rotating foes outside of division?

GeauxColonels
August 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
SWAC Winter Meetings? Guess we have a bit of time to wait...

Oh well, so what kind of scheduling do folks want? Divisional format with rotating foes outside of division?
I would think that a schedule similar to what they use in the SEC would be ideal. They could play their 4 divisional opponents & 1 non-divisional opponent yearly, alternating home and away each year for these 5 games and then play 2 other non-divisional opponents 2 years in a row (home and away), changing one of the two teams each year.

mikebigg
August 26th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I would think that a schedule similar to what they use in the SEC would be ideal. They could play their 4 divisional opponents & 1 non-divisional opponent yearly, alternating home and away each year for these 5 games and then play 2 other non-divisional opponents 2 years in a row (home and away), changing one of the two teams each year.

I'm smiling as I anticipate seeing Grambling play two years of home and home against the other 1AA's in Louisiana.