PDA

View Full Version : A Forum Modification

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
There has been a fair amount of scouting type posts and so forth on AGS lately. I like the information so keep it coming. A couple of months back I had asked if a forum for this was warranted because some don't care for it in the FCSD arrea. What I'm thinking we'll do is make a forum for scouting/recruiting/and place the FCS & The Pros as a subforum with those forums. You probably don't give a damn about this but I figured I'd put a poll up so you guys could choose the name of the Forum. Since it deals with those coming into and those moving on from FCS the theme will be something along those lines. If you have a better suggestion please voice it.

Here's the poll options:

FCS Prequel & Sequel
FCS Intro's & Outro's
The FCS Before & After picture
FCS Dawn to Dusk
The Ins & Outs Of FCS

The poll is only open for a week.

citdog
January 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
as we know ursus everyone is a comedian so let me be first

"Ins and Outs"

BRILLIANT!

ngineer
January 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM

"Ins and Outs"

BRILLIANT!

Agreed....although "Dawn" and "Dusk" sound like a couple of nice pole dancers.

CID1990
January 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM

"Ins and Outs"

BRILLIANT!

I was thinking the same thing in a Clockwork Orange kind of way.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Figured I'd give this a bump and see if anyone else wanted to vote on it.

AppAlum2003
January 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Figured I'd give this a bump and see if anyone else wanted to vote on it.

I don't even understand the question... These all sound like terrible movies.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I don't even understand the question... These all sound like terrible movies.

I'll add this to the staggeringly long list of things you don't understand and the fact that your taste in movies is probably pure hosepoo as well.

superman7515
March 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
*nudge nudge*

ursus arctos horribilis
March 19th, 2013, 12:03 PM
*nudge nudge*

yeah, no doubt. I've been lax on getting to this but was hoping another admin would get to it before I did. xlolx

I ain't gonna lie, last season took it out of me and I am just drifting down the road on cruise control currently. Heck I'm supposed to get the first Tshirt back today as a "test" to get that little project completed. I know...excuses.

superman7515
March 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
yeah, no doubt. I've been lax on getting to this but was hoping another admin would get to it before I did. xlolx

I ain't gonna lie, last season took it out of me and I am just drifting down the road on cruise control currently. Heck I'm supposed to get the first Tshirt back today as a "test" to get that little project completed. I know...excuses.

You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the mother------. Go back in there, chill them niggas out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the mother------. Go back in there, chill them niggas out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly.

You're sending The Wolf? Sheeit negro that's all you had to say...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Jules_Winnfield_Pulp_Fiction_7547.jpg

Catatonic
March 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I realize this is beyond the scope of your current poll, but I would like to see sub forums for various conferences. Certainly many issues are FCS-wide but others are more appropriate within various conferences. You do have news feeds for various conferences but no place to discuss conference issues.

superman7515
March 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
You could always use the "Conference News Feeds" section. The only conference that had its own section was the Great West, but that was only because they didn't have a conference forum of their own, so once they folded up that was relegated to the Graveyard. It would probably take some reprogramming of the users more than a change to anything with the actual structure of the forum. The option to break issues down by conference already exists, but everyone ignores it.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM
You could always use the "Conference News Feeds" section. The only conference that had its own section was the Great West, but that was only because they didn't have a conference forum of their own, so once they folded up that was relegated to the Graveyard. It would probably take some reprogramming of the users more than a change to anything with the actual structure of the forum. The option to break issues down by conference already exists, but everyone ignores it.

Dead on. If you want to use those you have the ability to post a topic so go for it.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM
BTW, nice work Wolf.

superman7515
March 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
I realize this is beyond the scope of your current poll, but I would like to see sub forums for various conferences. Certainly many issues are FCS-wide but others are more appropriate within various conferences. You do have news feeds for various conferences but no place to discuss conference issues.

Example of what I was talking about:

Spiders Seeking Lead Back As Spring Ball Starts (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?129947-Spiders-Seeking-Lead-Back-As-Spring-Ball-Starts&p=1947044#post1947044)

Since the article is mostly about Richmond, the majority of the article would only be interesting to fans of the Spiders or people following the CAA. Anyone can post articles there, comment on them, etc. It's just that no one (myself included until now) ever does. Now if people can regularly post some articles there and get discussion going and interest up in that section, you'll basically have what you were looking for. It's just a matter of getting peoples attention drawn to that area.

superman7515
March 21st, 2013, 07:49 AM
BTW, nice work Wolf.

Any time.

Herder
May 23rd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Not a big fan of your list . . .

FCS Central
FCS Insdier
FCS All Access
FCS Fan Forum
FCS Exclusive
Exclusively FCS

superman7515
May 23rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately you're several months too late. For that matter, remind me to delete this later this afternoon, haha.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Not a big fan of your list . . .

FCS Central
FCS Insdier
FCS All Access
FCS Fan Forum
FCS Exclusive
Exclusively FCS

And oddly enough I'm not a big fan of your list. It does nothing to convey the subtle message that was intended.

You don't have to be a fan of it though but it is done now anyway as supe said.