PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern Hires New Coach

superman7515
January 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Jamey Chadwell, head coach of D2 Delta State, has been named the new head coach of Charleston Southern.

Chadwell is best known for turning around Delta State. In the 5 years prior to his arrival they were:
10-2 : Gulf South Champs : 1 playoff win
5-5 : No playoffs
11-4 : Gulf South Champs : 3 playoff wins
11-3 : Gulf South Champs : 2 playoff wins

Then Chadwell arrived and went 3-7 last year in his only season as coach. xconfusedx

He was also the head coach at North Greenville, making the playoffs in 2011.

TheRevSFA
January 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Jamey Chadwell, head coach of D2 Delta State, has been named the new head coach of Charleston Southern.

Chadwell is best known for turning around Delta State. In the 5 years prior to his arrival they were:
5-5 : No playoffs
11-4 : Gulf South Champs : 3 playoff wins
11-3 : Gulf South Champs : 2 playoff wins

Then Chadwell arrived and went 3-7 last year in his only season as coach. xconfusedx

Perfect fit for Chuck South

Sly Fox
January 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
He's a Mills disciple who spent three years at what is essentially Chuck South NW. He knows what he is getting into as far as the lack of facilities or resources. CSU didn't exactly have a pick of the litter in this search. An semi-internal hire makes a great deal of sense.

Libertine
January 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM
CSU didn't exactly have a pick of the litter in this search. An semi-internal hire makes a great deal of sense.

Actually, this job attracted a lot of strong quality candidates. To be honest, I was open-mouthed shocked at some of the names and resumes that were thrown into the hat. I'm talking from the NFL on down. However, CSU has its own set of unique challenges and, as I understand it, CSU passed on quite a few guys to get to Chadwell because (a) they knew they could pay him and (b) because he already knows what he'll be up against.