PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Spadola invited to combine

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Despite not making any AA lists as a result of missing two games, he's still arguably, the best WR in FCS.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2012/12/lehigh_university_wide_receive_3.html

Twentysix
December 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Spadola vs Kaufman. Ensue flamewar between the 6 combined fans of these two teams!

DFW HOYA
December 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
If he lands on the right team (as did Monmouth's Miles Austin) he could have a promising career.

blueballs
December 30th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Good news for him, congratulations!

Wonder if he'll be tweeting from the combine.................

KATS_21
December 30th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I would throw in Cordell robertson from SFA as one of he best wr's in FCS.

Nickels
December 31st, 2012, 02:28 AM
I would throw in Cordell robertson from SFA as one of he best wr's in FCS.

I never watched Spadola play but I think Roberson is clearly better than Kaufman. It's no knock on him at all but I would take Roberson on my team any day over Kaufman.

344Johnson
December 31st, 2012, 02:59 AM
Melette from Elon?

xcoach2
December 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM
I never watched Spadola play but I think Roberson is clearly better than Kaufman. It's no knock on him at all but I would take Roberson on my team any day over Kaufman.

Roberson is a smooth, very natural pass catcher but I think Kaufman's measurables make him the more coveted player at the NFL level.

CFBfan
December 31st, 2012, 09:50 AM
Despite not making any AA lists as a result of missing two games, he's still arguably, the best WR in FCS.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2012/12/lehigh_university_wide_receive_3.html

he's a very good player, best in the fcs....no!! would love to see him make it at the next level and he has a shot but if you stop looking thru your brown colored glasses you would see that there are some terrific wr's / slots in the fcs and he is not amoung the top 5. that said i repeat...he is very good, does have a shot and i hope he makes it!

katstrapper
December 31st, 2012, 10:37 AM

Kordel Roberson is a stud receiver..

citdog
December 31st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Kordel Roberson is a stud receiver..

oh yeah? so is my girlfriend

asumike83
December 31st, 2012, 10:51 AM
Melette from Elon?

This.

Aaron Mellette is the best receiver at the FCS level and I'm not sure it is all that close.

Engineer86
December 31st, 2012, 11:33 AM
This.

Aaron Mellette is the best receiver at the FCS level and I'm not sure it is all that close.

He is the highest rated FCS WR on ESPN draft board

Engineer86
December 31st, 2012, 11:35 AM

So many responses come to mind xlolx:D. But I will refrain. Happy New Year!

asumike83
December 31st, 2012, 11:48 AM
He is the highest rated FCS WR on ESPN draft board

The pro scouts have been very high on him for the past couple seasons. If he played on a better team, he'd get a lot more recognition but he is an incredible player. Spadola and Kaufman are both excellent receivers as well but Mellette is an absolute monster. I saw him share a field last season with Brian Quick, who was the 33rd pick in the draft. Mellette was the best receiver on the field by a noticeable margin.

Bill
December 31st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Wow..a AGS rarity. A PL thread hijacked by others :)

Lehigh Football Nation
December 31st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Spadola has an excellent chance to catch on an NFL roster, but I think he'll have to test well (and play very well in the Texas vs. the Nation AS game, where he will be participating) to have a shot to be drafted. Thus by this definition he's behind Mellette, Kaufman, etc., who will both (I think) be drafted.

Twentysix
December 31st, 2012, 04:55 PM

I always thought you were the girlfriend.

citdog
December 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM
I always thought you were the girlfriend.

only on every other tuesday.....TRY and keep upxrolleyesx

:D

Twentysix
December 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM
only on every other tuesday.....TRY and keep upxrolleyesx

:D

Hey man, I'm in ND. Keeping up isn't really our thing. We got caller ID like 15 years after it was invented.

walliver
December 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM

I thought "stud" and "receiver" were antonyms..