PDA

View Full Version : Dartmouths new field

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
I stumbled across this on the Ivy League board and couldn't get over how "purty" the setting is, especially the first pic. Lehigh hasn't played up in Hanover since 1999, after seeing how nice the area looks i wish they could change that.

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/

LacesOut
August 23rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Did I miss the off season memo or something?? You know, the one where every school in the East got a new field??? LOL

Seriously, I can't believe all of these fields were that tore up last season. Wow.

AppGuy04
August 23rd, 2006, 08:05 AM
Wow, that is really nice. That field house looks like a golf course club house

89Hen
August 23rd, 2006, 09:22 AM
Did I miss the off season memo or something?? You know, the one where every school in the East got a new field??? LOL

Seriously, I can't believe all of these fields were that tore up last season. Wow.
No kidding. Did anyone compile a list of new surfaces?

Delaware (grass)
W&M
JMU
UMass
Lafayette
Dartmouth
Liberty

th0m
August 23rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
What are they building behind the small stands on the opposite side of the field? Nice field, maybe a bit bland but that's not really what the field is about anyway.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 23rd, 2006, 09:43 AM

Delaware (grass)
W&M
JMU
UMass
Lafayette
Dartmouth
Liberty

And don't forget that UNH replaced its surface (grass) mid-season last year!!!

Yes, the monsoons in October when most Northeast schools have multiple home games really wreaked havoc. I know the UNH field was torn up after two games in the wet conditions. And I don't think JMU fans need to be reminded about the field conditions at UMass.

Calif_Colonial
August 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM

Delaware (grass)
W&M
JMU
UMass
Lafayette
Dartmouth
Liberty

NEC

St. Francis, PA . . . . . . . . . . .Sportexe synthetic

Wagner College . . . . . . . . . . . FieldTurf synthetic

:thumbsup: xcoffeex

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
I stumbled across this on the Ivy League board and couldn't get over how "purty" the setting is, especially the first pic. Lehigh hasn't played up in Hanover since 1999, after seeing how nice the area looks i wish they could change that.

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/

I found that mindset link to be quite interesting. Contrary to what it claims in my year, Germany is still east and west to me and the Soviet Union is not some history fact.. I think the lists are assuming the kids are ignorant of their surroundings until they are like 10-13yrs.

Hansel
August 23rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
setting is nice- stands are a bit dumpy IMHO :)

UAalum72
August 23rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
I found that mindset link to be quite interesting. Contrary to what it claims in my year, Germany is still east and west to me and the Soviet Union is not some history fact.. I think the lists are assuming the kids are ignorant of their surroundings until they are like 10-13yrs.
That's the article's point. USSR may not be history to you, but it dissolved in 1991, when today's freshmen were less than three years old. Germany reunited in 1990.

These lists come out every year. The first I remember was about 1983, when I realized freshmen were two years old for the RFK-MLK shootings.

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
That's the article's point. USSR may not be history to you, but it dissolved in 1991, when today's freshmen were less than three years old. Germany reunited in 1990.

These lists come out every year. The first I remember was about 1983, when I realized freshmen were two years old for the RFK-MLK shootings.

No no, I said that it states the above for my year, which is not 2010... I remember 1990 fairly well.