PDA

View Full Version : POLL: PICK THE WINNER OF THIS YEARS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 04:05 PM
Pick the winner of this years Championship game. Poll results will be public.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
NDSU 20, SHSU 13.

I think both defenses will control the opposing offense but NDSU's special teams makes a big play that turns out to be the difference.

Sammy94
December 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM
SHSU 24 NDSU 10

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2012, 04:26 PM
Bison 28-13

Bison passing game will be much better with healthy WRs.

BNATION
December 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
SHSU-20 ndsu-13

g-webb1994
December 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM
SHSU 17 NDSU 13...defensive struggle/snoozefest

frozennorth
December 22nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
SHSU 17 NDSU 13...defensive struggle/snoozefest

any idiot can appreciate a shootout. real fans love the grind.

coover
December 22nd, 2012, 01:37 AM
The poll would probably better reflect reality if Sam Houston State and North Dakota State fans were not allowed to vote. I voted for Sam Houston State, by the way

Texas
December 22nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
The poll would probably better reflect reality if Sam Houston State and North Dakota State fans were not allowed to vote. I voted for Sam Houston State, by the way

No joke. xlolx

SpeedkingATL
December 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Gotta go with the Bison in a low scoring affair.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
The Bison aren't nearly as impressive this year as last. They're a good football team, but I believe Southern would win by at least 2 TD's on a neutral field which leads me to believe the same about SHSU.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
The Bison aren't nearly as impressive this year as last. They're a good football team, but I believe Southern would win by at least 2 TD's on a neutral field which leads me to believe the same about SHSU.

The field at Frisco might be a neutral location but I can guaranty the stands will overwhelming be filled with Bison fans and the 12th man will favor the Bison again.

Laker
December 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
After watching the NDSU win over GA Southern, I have to pick the Bison. I think that their defense can stop SHSU.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
The field at Frisco might be a neutral location but I can guaranty the stands will overwhelming be filled with Bison fans and the 12th man will favor the Bison again.

I'm sure there will be many Bison fans, but the 12th man can't have the deafening impact the Fargo Dome provides.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM

Definitely will be 60% Bison fans......Can we get to 70-75%???

Only a week away....xthumbsupx

lionsrking2
December 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sam Houston by 10+.

bisonwest
December 30th, 2012, 01:58 AM
27-23 Bison

word
December 30th, 2012, 04:36 AM
No joke. xlolx

Luckily this vote doesn't determine the champion. Get real.............xthumbsupx

word
December 30th, 2012, 04:38 AM

I'd agree....it's not NDSUs' fault that you got crushed by the citadel.

word
December 30th, 2012, 04:42 AM
My apologies to Sam...I think and have thought all year that your were the best team. It will be a battle of wills again. In not such a sincere way, good luck to georgia southern in the sunbelt. That will be great for you guys....when you know your washed up you might as well move on. At least you made the semis a few years in a row.......

Sam Houston = Big Sky Champs

North Dakota State = SOCON champs

caribbeanhen
December 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Sammies second half collapse in the semi's does not bode well for them going into this game against a team that will not beat themselves

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Sammies second half collapse in the semi's does not bode well for them going into this game against a team that will not beat themselves

Oh, didn't you hear? Brock Jensen has thrown 25 pick six's this year. The Offense doesn't even have to take the field. Their defense is going to score 80 pts.

ASUMountaineer
December 31st, 2012, 10:59 AM
I think NDSU will win, but I'm pulling for SHSU.

totoinfl
December 31st, 2012, 01:43 PM
I love all these posters predicting scores in the upper 20's...I will be surprised if either team gets to 20. The defenses will dominate this game and could likely provide the game winner. NDSU fumble recovery return for TD...16 -13

TheRevSFA
December 31st, 2012, 02:08 PM
14-13 defensive game

Apphole
December 31st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Hoping for a SHSU win. Expecting a Canadian win.

steelr7
December 31st, 2012, 08:04 PM
I think NDSU wins by a score of 24-16.

Should be a great game. The key for NDSU will be performing consistently on offense & handling the consistent blitzing for Sam Houston. When Georgia Southern blitzed against NDSU in the semi-final I don't think the Bison handled it well, especially in the passing game. SHSU is improved on offense but i think NDSU will be relieved to see a more traditional offensive approach & passing game from SHSU after the last 2 opponents. SHSU also comes into the game with that chip on their shoulder the Bison put there from last year. Either way this game will be a great match up of 2 great teams & i am glad i will be there to see it in person!

Bisonoline
December 31st, 2012, 08:19 PM

Hockey fan I see.:)

Herder
December 31st, 2012, 09:47 PM

You'd rather see us defeated again by the Mexicans, Eh? Remember the Alamo!

Sam_Kats
December 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM
LSU. Yellow. Great defense. Ball control, efficient offense. Points favorite. Heralded coaching staff.

Clemson. Orange. Weapon-loaded, big play offense. Underrated defense. "Weaker" conference.

25-24 Orange. It shall be so!

See y'all in Frisco....

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM
There might be some bad news coming from NDSU on the injury front.........

hlebichuk
January 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
There might be some bad news coming from NDSU on the injury front.........

No there isn't. There isn't a single player you could remove from the Bison which would flip the outcome of this game. The Bison are deep in every position. No worries.

hlebichuk
January 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
I love all these posters predicting scores in the upper 20's...I will be surprised if either team gets to 20. The defenses will dominate this game and could likely provide the game winner. NDSU fumble recovery return for TD...16 -13

SH won't score 13, that's laughable. Bison D scores 14 on it's own, Jensen adds 14 more, 28-6.....I'll give SH two field goals.

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
No there isn't. There isn't a single player you could remove from the Bison which would flip the outcome of this game. The Bison are deep in every position. No worries.
That is incorrect, no championship level FCS team is deep at every position. There simply isn't enough scholarships to go around while maintaining high performance in all three phases of the game. Grant Olson would've been a gigantic loss for this team because there is no depth behind him. You can go ahead and tell me that they can move Littlejohn to the middle and start Thorton or start Antonio Rodgers in the middle but I don't believe for a second that this defense would continue to perform at the level it has all year without Grant Olson in the middle.

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM

Obviously you havent seen the the depth chart.

Nickels
January 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Obviously you havent seen the the depth chart.
xlolx you guys are too much...

gotts
January 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
The real winner this Saturday is the city of Frisco and surrounding community.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
January 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Hockey fan I see.:)

How bout dem Gophers? xnodx xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
LSU. Yellow. Great defense. Ball control, efficient offense. Points favorite. Heralded coaching staff.

Clemson. Orange. Weapon-loaded, big play offense. Underrated defense. "Weaker" conference.

25-24 Orange. It shall be so!

See y'all in Frisco....

nice analogy, considering it came from Texas

AmsterBison
January 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Winner: Frisco-area liquor and beer distributors.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM

just had a good feeling about it